MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - April 2019

Options

Replies

• UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    @UTMom81 I have loved this challenge!!!!!

Thank you, Bethanie! I'm so glad you have had some fun stepping along with us.
  • UTMom81
    Options

Me, too! A huge thank you for the adventure and the great photos and commentary!

You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed it too.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    UTMom81
    Week 3 Weigh In
    Tuesday
    Previous: 153.6
    Current: 152.6
  • grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Daily check-ins Monday
    Calories: under
    Water: under
    Exercise: Yes (Walking 20 min)
    Goal or Improvement for tomorrow:
    I will try to increase my walking to 40 min.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 212.2
    Todays Weight: 214.4

Uggghhh when I fall off the wagon I really fall off! :s I am trying to get back on and need to just go cold turkey on the sugar. @tess5036, I've been researching Keto and I'm gearing up to fully committing to it. I think Monday right after Easter would be a great day to start. Any pointers you can give me? :)

Steps for 4/15-8075
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    BB for Monday 4/15

Steps: 19563
    Exercise Minutes: 103
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options

Seconded!!!!
  • tess5036
    Options
    BB for Monday and Tuesday

Monday
    Steps; 10,438 plus 135 mins exercise ( 60 mins BodyCombat, 45 mins spin, 30 mins treadmill)

Tuesday;
    Steps; 8,816
    Exercise; 135 mins (60 mins LBT, 75 mins spin over 2 classes)
  • tess5036
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 212.2
    Todays Weight: 214.4

Uggghhh when I fall off the wagon I really fall off! :s I am trying to get back on and need to just go cold turkey on the sugar. @tess5036, I've been researching Keto and I'm gearing up to fully committing to it. I think Monday right after Easter would be a great day to start. Any pointers you can give me? :)

Steps for 4/15-8075

I've been keto about 6 months, it might feel a bit tough at first but it does get a lot easier. the main thing during the first few weeks, especially the first few days is to make sure you have your electrolytes otherwise you'll suffer from what is known as keto flu. If you top up your electrolytes you'll probably be able to avoid it.

During the first couple of weeks you may find it difficult as well because you will be craving carbs it says if your body is trying to persuade you to eat more as it wants to refill your glycogen stores, but that also goes away after about 2 weeks.

Be careful counting carb, they are everywhere. Personally I have found easier without trying to make substitute food, such as keto bread, is not always very useful and made me miss the original. I much prefer finding fluid return like which are keto friendly. If you want to use a sweetener that is keto friendly one of the best is
    Erythritol, it has 0 calories and also does not have any impact on insulin. If you want any recipes for ideas on things that you can eat just let me know and I'll try and point you in the right direction.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »

I've been keto about 6 months, it might feel a bit tough at first but it does get a lot easier. the main thing during the first few weeks, especially the first few days is to make sure you have your electrolytes otherwise you'll suffer from what is known as keto flu. If you top up your electrolytes you'll probably be able to avoid it.

During the first couple of weeks you may find it difficult as well because you will be craving carbs it says if your body is trying to persuade you to eat more as it wants to refill your glycogen stores, but that also goes away after about 2 weeks.

Be careful counting carb, they are everywhere. Personally I have found easier without trying to make substitute food, such as keto bread, is not always very useful and made me miss the original. I much prefer finding fluid return like which are keto friendly. If you want to use a sweetener that is keto friendly one of the best is
    Erythritol, it has 0 calories and also does not have any impact on insulin. If you want any recipes for ideas on things that you can eat just let me know and I'll try and point you in the right direction.

I've read about Keto flu and know about using salt and other electrolytes. I also agree that doing substitute food isn't where I want to go with this way of eating. Weight Watchers was all about that and I really want to go off of artificial sugars as much as possible. I'm now able to drink my coffee black and I like plain green tea. I found some sparkling water from Trader Joes that don't use artificial sugars that I love. I've been on the Diet Doctor website which has lots of great info and recipes. Tonight, I made Keto pizza casserole and a wonderful green salad with real blue cheese dressing. I'm way too full and need to learn portion control! :D Yes, to any recipes ideas you can point me too would be greatly appreciated. <3

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for keeping the awesome conversation going! I’m back from my weekend at home and just need a day to rest and get my life organized again.

@jactop - do you need some steps from me?
    Yes. That would be great. Steps and exercise minutes starting Sunday

@tess5036 did you post steps and exercise for Sunday or did I mix them up with another day?

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Weigh-In
    Username- bethanie0825
    Day- Tuesday
    Previous Weight - 241.6 (I think)
    Current Weight- 240

Finally hit 15lbs lost!
  • tess5036
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for keeping the awesome conversation going! I’m back from my weekend at home and just need a day to rest and get my life organized again.

@jactop - do you need some steps from me?
    Yes. That would be great. Steps and exercise minutes starting Sunday

@tess5036 did you post steps and exercise for Sunday or did I mix them up with another day?

Not sure, but they were 4,290 steps and 65 mins exercise
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options

Me too!! Thank you Tami!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    It is time at last for the BASEBALL Most Valuable Player Awards

At last the decisions are in - and each team has one player who has racked up the highest number of bases, who was there every day making sure the team succeeds, and who clearly showed the spirit and commitment that gets everyone standing up and cheering.

The Mission Slimpossibles MVP for the first week of baseball is @Fitgirllife72
    WAY TO GO! You have been amazing and the whole team thanks you.

xbdifrp9x2nf.jpg

Yay @Fitgirllife72!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Week 2 Weigh-In
    Username- bethanie0825
    Day- Tuesday
    Previous Weight - 241.6 (I think)
    Current Weight- 240

Finally hit 15lbs lost!

Amazing!!!
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Tuesday 4/16 check in

Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 21DF Upper Fix
    Goal for tomorrow: hopefully I wake up feeling better. I don’t know it it’s allergies or what but whatever it is it needs to go away.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »

I've read about Keto flu and know about using salt and other electrolytes. I also agree that doing substitute food isn't where I want to go with this way of eating. Weight Watchers was all about that and I really want to go off of artificial sugars as much as possible. I'm now able to drink my coffee black and I like plain green tea. I found some sparkling water from Trader Joes that don't use artificial sugars that I love. I've been on the Diet Doctor website which has lots of great info and recipes. Tonight, I made Keto pizza casserole and a wonderful green salad with real blue cheese dressing. I'm way too full and need to learn portion control! :D Yes, to any recipes ideas you can point me too would be greatly appreciated. <3

Stevia is a good sweetener as well.
    Fat head dough is a good recipe. You can Google it.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I was not able to eat or drink a lot today. I did walk though and make it to the gym.
    14590 steps
This discussion has been closed.