Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I'm so happy I didn't rage delete my weigh chart from 2017 because it gives me something to compare my 2019 chart to. Although I started about 3 weeks later in 2019, I'm actually ahead of my 7 week 2017 weight, which is pretty cool. However, it also made me get really upset at myself because I was only a few pounds away from many of you who stuck with it and could've very will been in 160s club if hadn't screwed it all up. Nothing I can do now except keep on trucking and not ever let myself blow it again and STAY with this group!

Also glad I did this new chart because I'm super happy that I maintained a 3.6 pound loss from my 5.1 pound lost from my 70 hour fast, I only regained 1.5 pounds of it. :-)

t3w0r5l5cbd9.png
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yassssssssssssssssss I love data <3 Keep it up beautiful! <3
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @mistymeadows2005 will do Sweet Lady!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Kick butt!! Congrats on another awesome loss! You're gonna get back to where you were before and then some! You got this!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Don't you dare leave us again, I was really worried about you :'( You are doing great and we will all be here cheering you on <3 Keep on trucking on!!!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @Brendalea69, I won't sweet lady and I'm sorry I made you worry. Thanks so much for being so kind to me and supportive. You're such an amazing person! <3

@LiLee2018 thank you :-)
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Broke my clean fast on Friday around the 68 hour mark, I just grazed on low carb foods like olives, and nuts, and pork rinds, and more nuts, and more olives, oh... and possibly a small single serving jalapeño slim jim with a cheese stick in the pack (it had 100 calories and 1g carb, just to let you know the size I'm referring to). But, I could be remembering wrong. Who am I kidding? I'm not remembering wrong, I blame Stephanie for making me think of slim jims lololol @mistymeadows2005 And Saturday I was craving breakfast so I made scrambled eggs with jalapeños and cheese along side two hefty sausage patties, and half a bottle of Blueberry Kombucha. Later I ate a bag and half of spicy pork rinds for a snack before closing my window out. I know, I totally pigged out! haha

I really, really craved a completely "fried" meal today and my craving was satisfied. I made the green chips with a whole container of baby kale and smothered them with about 1 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil with garlic salt and red pepper and baked at 300 degrees for 20 minutes, they were nice and crispy! Avocado fries were made by dipping the slices into an egg and coating with spicy pork rinds and cooked in my air fryer for 8 minutes at 390 degrees. **I did not make the blueberry Kombucha, bought it** The dipping sauce tasted amazing with both the fries and the pork rind fried chicken! I'm now enjoying a nice cup of black coffee topped with a chocolate whipping cream I made with heavy whipping cream, cacao powder, and a drop of chocolate stevia!

Trying to use behavioral therapy for helping cure my insomnia and they recommend staying awake until the hours you wake. I couldn't stay awake until 1am, but I made it until 11 before taking a pill and heading to bed. Couldn't use my weighted blanket on anything but my legs. ****On Friday our youngest Boston Terrier was an A S S at the park and when I tried to chase him I slipped on leaves and landed on my whole front with zero "bracing" for the fall which resulted in two bruised ribs, scraped knees and elbows, and a very, very sore and puffy right arm. The blanket came yesterday but it hurt my arm and ribs too much--I've been icing my ribs off and on**** Anyway, I had a bit of trouble getting to sleep and woke up at 2am to pee, then slept until 5-5:15 am. Surprisingly I'm okay this afternoon, so far, because I've only been out of bed for about 7 hours verses 12-13. lol Tonight I'm going to try and make it until 12.

I'm not closing my eating window quite yet, I may have some nuts and a bullet proof coffee later, then I'll be doing an extended clean fast--just going to make it indefinitely and my body will let me know when to eat again. I'm hoping to make it for five days though. :-)

Have a great rest of your Sunday everyone!

GET IN MY BELLY!!!!

njoq9ud20oal.jpg

Saturday Breakfast
    bmyy7c9qrasv.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom looks amazing!!!!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sandy ---so sorry about your fall ouch!!! Hope you recover quickly.

OMG your food looks amazing!!!!!! And you are just killin' it with your laser focus!!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Sandy, sorry to hear about your fall. I pray for you a speedy recovery.
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I hope you didn't break anything and heal quickly. Don't forget the arnica. Your food looks tempting.
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Oh ouch! I hope you feel better and get in some good sleep too.
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @LadyBlanks, @asgentr @volgirl1322 and @lilee2018 thanks for the well wishes! And food compliments. :)

@mistymeadows2005 it was nommy! Lol
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Well, yesterday did not go as planned. I was tired and grumpy and wanted something quick so I went to BK, instead of starting a clean, extended fast.. and I regretted it. The horrible chain near us doesn’t know how to make HOT food! So on top of the natural craptastic way I feel after fast food that tastes good and is hot, it just made me feel even crappier. 😂😭

I’m happy to report that between the pills and me forcing myself to stay up later, I had about 7 good hours of sleep last night, though I did wake to pee around 1 a.m. I was a bit groggy when I woke up—to actual light outside—but it didn’t take too long to get over. I turned off the tv around 10 then stared at the ceiling fan in our living room for about 5-10 minutes, went to bed and fell asleep quickly.

The quitting smoking has been really hard on me, so I’ve failed at successfully quitting. I’m not giving up, I just think working on three things at once is too stressful. Once I get my sleep issues sorted, I have a much better chance at quitting the cigs and staying quit. When you have zero energy from not sleeping, and spend 20-24+ awake everyday for years upon years, you’re completely spent within a couple of hours or so of even light activity. The only days I’ve had great bursts of energy have been on completely fasted days. So I’m going to keep attempting those. 🙂

My ribs and arms and everything injured in my fall is much better! Still couldn’t fully use my weighted blanket because my ribs are still tender, after they are fully healed I’ll pull it all the way up. 🙂

Anyhoo, have a great day everyone!
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    WOW Sandy glad your sleep is getting better, and sorry about the crappy food at BK.....I agree you will probably have a more successful time when you quit smoking once you feel better and are less stressed about doing it --tackling too much at one time would be difficult!

Glad you are feeling better after you fall :)
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's good that the sleep is improving... that will help with everything else. I can't imagine quitting a bad habit while also fasting. It sounds wise to go easy on that for now. KKOO
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I have some fantastic news... and it isn’t related to me in the least bit, adding to my day further down with asterisks. Another captain on my husband’s boat has the book, “The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting”, by Dr. Jason Fung. Yet another Captain read the book, he has type 2 diabetes, and he started fasting with a mix of alternate day fasting protocols of 42 and 36 hour fasts, coupled with OMAD. He’s lost weight, but even better he hasn’t had to take an insulin shot the entire two weeks he’s been following the plan! Isn’t that freaking awesome?!!! He feels fantastic! I’m so happy for him! He’s been trying to get his wife on board as well because she has health issues as well as being overweight. He’s not even doing low carb/high healthy fats, he just eats whatever until satiated. Other guys on the boat are now onboard and even Donnie has dropped a lot of weight. No one knows how much though because the scale on the boat is messed up. Lots of guys on the boat doing IF, and my husband said it thanks to me because he told the guy that guy about me and that book and he went and bought it. Lol

**Only had about five hours of sleep last night. I woke around 3:40ish to pee and couldn’t get back to sleep. I went to bed shortly after ten but had trouble getting to sleep. This will be something where I have good days and bad, hopefully the good will become more frequent though! Lol

I didn’t so much as gain an ounce from my junior whopper and almost full original chicken sandwich, 1/2 the fries and a medium coke the other day. But, I didn’t lose the 2 pounds I gained from my low carb eating where I kind of went wildness Friday night, either. I need to remember that whole nuts are great for me, too many could add up to too many carbs. Lol. So, shall just stick to eating a serving verses going whole hog!

Anyway, have a great day lovely people!
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    WOW how awesome on the men on the boat and the weight loss ---that is so freakin' fantastic!!!!

Sorry on your lack of sleep ---I really feel for you....On our late baseball nights I get maybe 5 hours and trust me I am a bear the next day---I just can't function on less than 7....and no one wants me too bc I am so cranky!!! So I can't imagine having the struggle of not being able to sleep.....hoping your good days outweigh your bad in the future :).

AWESOME on not gaining from your weekend that is fantastic --especially since the food wasn't that great :)

Stay strong!!! <3
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    I'm sorry your sleep is still *kitten*, but hopefully over time it gets better.
    Definitely work on a couple things at a time if you need to. Maybe in the meantime, just cut back smoking a little?

That's awesome that you inspired that guy and he in turn inspired others. Hopefully they all keep going and see even better results :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    WOW how awesome on the men on the boat and the weight loss ---that is so freakin' fantastic!!!!

Sorry on your lack of sleep ---I really feel for you....On our late baseball nights I get maybe 5 hours and trust me I am a bear the next day---I just can't function on less than 7....and no one wants me too bc I am so cranky!!! So I can't imagine having the struggle of not being able to sleep.....hoping your good days outweigh your bad in the future :).

AWESOME on not gaining from your weekend that is fantastic --especially since the food wasn't that great :)

Stay strong!!! <3

Thanks sweet lady! I’m 😂😂 about you being a 🐻 when you lack sleep. I hope my sleep issues eventually get better, I’ll definitely stay strong in the meantime. :)

I actually gained +2 between Late Friday afternoon and Monday morning, ate too many pistachios and walnuts Friday night. But I didn’t add to that after my nasty BK meal. So, whew! Lol