Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    What time is it at your side now @wsandy8512 ? Its 12.05pm here. Its its night time now, hope you have a wonderful sleep tonight. <3
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

jadepearl wrote: »
    Siri, you are a naughty naughty girl :lol::lol::lol:
    I know, right? If she only knew that she should reply with the same voice volume as the user! 😂😂
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    /HUGS I'm sorry sleep has still been so *kitten*.
    Sounds like you had a wonderful mother's day though :)
    Hope your week is going great so far!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    OMG that is so funny!!! Gotta love some siri….

Sending you some good vibes on sleep ---that really has to suck...... <3
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    What time is it at your side now @wsandy8512 ? Its 12.05pm here. Its its night time now, hope you have a wonderful sleep tonight. <3

I'm sorry I missed your question. I'm in CST zone :-) and ty

@LiLee2018 I did, I did. Week off to a good start, me thinks :-)

@volgirl1322 lol, yes, and cute little elderly ladies :-)
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi All! I caved this morning and early, but fasted yesterday and this was around the 36hr fasted state mark... I didn't splurge, but I didn't stick to LCHF. I'm not going to beat myself up over it though, but I feel the difference after having heavy carb days so close together. It was worth it though! It all started around 8am this morning when I went to the Publix deli counter to grab 3lbs of BOARSHEAD meat (ham, roast beef, and turkey) for making their Ultimate Sandwiches at home when my husband's friend comes tomorrow. The EVIL meat cutter asked, "Would you like to taste the ham?" I'm sorry, but if someone throws boarshead meat in my face, I am going to say yes. lolol So, I did. After that, I turned into one of those hyenas from the Lion King movie (original), but instead of "I gotta have a wildebeest", it was, "I gotta have an Ultimate!" After I finished shopping and putting groceries away, I made myself a foot long ultimate sandwich... and I ate every single damn bite along with some chips and a baby coke<<---that's what I call the tiny cans :-) I had it around 9:30am.

I'll probably regain the 1lb loss from my 3lb after Mother's Day gain. I'm really hoping I can keep myself together while my husbands friend is here. The weather has been pleasant and sitting by the pool drinking beer and listening to music and their stories may be hard to resist! I'm not a big drinker, but when I do get too relaxed, I tend to throw out good eating. So please wish me luck!

I've decided not to post my sleep habits anymore, I think it keeps it in my mind too much. I feel much better today even though I only got about 4 1/2 to 5 hours because I didn't take that stupid anti-depressant. I'd rather feel like me than keep trying that *kitten* hoping it'll help me sleep. At least I can still function and feel good inside, not like a miserable, hateful sourpuss. lol

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Short funny true story (sorry Steph, I know you probably saw this on my FB)

I was in the waiting room of the endocrinologist while my husband was having his yearly check up. This cute little elderly woman said into her phone with a normal voice, “What is osmosis?” Siri started rambling off the definition and the elderly lady hurriedly tried to silence Siri and eventually succeeded. The next thing you know, in a very, quiet voice, almost whisper like, she asked Siri the same question. I snickered and had to quickly exit the waiting area to go outside and lmao 😂 😂😂😂

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I DIDN'T SEE THIS ON YOUR FB! But I wish I had! That's freakin' HILARIOUS :D:D:D
  • wsandy8512
    Options

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I DIDN'T SEE THIS ON YOUR FB! But I wish I had! That's freakin' HILARIOUS :D:D:D

I know, I think maybe she was new to iPhone (probably would’ve done the same on any cellphone), and doesn’t understand that Siri’s doesn’t change volume modes regardless of how loud or soft you speak. 😂
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

I know, I think maybe she was new to iPhone (probably would’ve done the same on any cellphone), and doesn’t understand that Siri’s doesn’t change volume modes regardless of how loud or soft you speak. 😂

How adorbs - I love me some cute lil old folks (now that I'm not in REVERSE mortgages anyway :D )
  • jadepearl
    Options
    No worries :) I assumed you went to sleep already after I posted that question :smiley: I love long sub sandwiches but hubby prefers rice or noodles. I know its an odd question but may I know what is your ultimate sandwich please? Sounds delicious...anything with ham is just delicious :yum: Glad to hear that you are having better sleeps now.
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    No worries :) I assumed you went to sleep already after I posted that question :smiley: I love long sub sandwiches but hubby prefers rice or noodles. I know its an odd question but may I know what is your ultimate sandwich please? Sounds delicious...anything with ham is just delicious :yum: Glad to hear that you are having better sleeps now.

Long white deli rolls, ham, turkey, roast beef, pepperchinis, sweet onion, green leaf or romaine lettuce, tomato, jalapeños (if I have any), mayo, boarshead sandwich oil/dressing=ultimate sammich :)

And thank you, actually got nearly seven last night with herbal sleep aid and Advil pms. It was nice and much needed! :)
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2019
    Options
    md8g587hf7kz.jpeg

We were poolside today from 10am-4:30 pm and I was downing water like a crazy woman. Not especially hungry today between the sun and water, but I enjoyed a nice plate of homemade pulled pork and coleslaw a little bit ago. So yummy!

Hubby’s friend made it safe and sound! He’s not a big guy and doesn’t eat much at all. So I won’t have to keep food constantly out. Lol

Have a great rest of your evening everyone!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    NOM NOM NOM I'd gladly forgo the bread on a pulled pork sammy for more pork 'n' slaw

nh2zfsyy63z4.png
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @mistymeadows2005 aw, love that picture! And, heck yeah, totally worth going bread-less. :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    OOOhhhh that meal---Yuuummmmy!!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    That sounds delicious :yum: Glad to hear that you are getting better sleep :+1: Love your slaw and pulled pork... yummy! A crazy carbs person like me will be eating that with a bun...delicious :yum:
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    OMG sounds so nice...anything by the pool would be nice---hope you have a great weekend :)…..

And the ultimate Sammy sounds amazing...... :p
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    OOO that pulled pork and coleslaw look heavenly.
    And yay for a good night of sleep!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I hope your getting more sleep now with the herbs and advil <3
  • jadepearl
    Options
    How are you doing, gf? Hope you are doing well and getting more sleep <3