Replies

• MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    b5235c07ib9a.png
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    So excited to have found this challenge!!! I’m recommitting today!! So happy to join you all!!!!

Welcome. Glad to have you on our team.
  • johicks
    Options
    b5235c07ib9a.png

So glad to have seen this! Thanks!
  • johicks
    Options
    I FEEL I NEED TO BE MOTIVATED TO MOVE TODAY. HOW'S THIS!?
    🙋🌞 😎 Good morning! It’s going to be a beautiful day in northern Michigan! The cherry blossoms are in full bloom. And I believe just motivated myself to go take a walk after this post! YES! A beautiful day it shall be.
    🏃 > > >What are your plans to move today? 🌅
    lydh6bitia89.png
  • Hey3432
    Hey3432 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Thanks for including me in this fun challenge, hoping it's the kick in the pants that I need :)
    I'm a 41 year old mother of 2, work full time desk job and I live in Ottawa Canada, the nations capital. In 2016 I was working at losing that last 10 pounds, instead I gained 20...now I'd just be happy being back at my 2016 weight hehe. I like to workout but sometimes I get bored and have to change it up. Use to run a lot, now I do HIIT training from home.

The winter was brutal here this year and we are now just getting a glimpse of summer, so planning on taking lots of walk to enjoy it while I can!

Have a good one :)
  • johicks
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @Hey3432 - YES! You are part of a great group and challenge. It has been the "kick in the pants" that we all need. Hope it is for you too!! Working at a desk job sure does put a toll on the weight-gain. Are you able to take breaks a couple of times a day to stretch and/or walk? My new job has a sit-down and stand-up desk for me to alternate and they encourage a 10-min walking break every day. It's great compared to the 20 years I was tied to my desk at my prior job. Did you read the posts to see that there is another Canadian on our team? @goodreadsgal is from Ontario. :) Again, welcome.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Hey3432 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    Thanks for including me in this fun challenge, hoping it's the kick in the pants that I need :)
    I'm a 41 year old mother of 2, work full time desk job and I live in Ottawa Canada, the nations capital. In 2016 I was working at losing that last 10 pounds, instead I gained 20...now I'd just be happy being back at my 2016 weight hehe. I like to workout but sometimes I get bored and have to change it up. Use to run a lot, now I do HIIT training from home.

The winter was brutal here this year and we are now just getting a glimpse of summer, so planning on taking lots of walk to enjoy it while I can!

Have a good one :)

Welcome! My job is also on the desk all day. I decided at the beginning of this year to buy some of those water bottles from Costco. I fill them (3 of them) up each morning. Spice the water with either cucumber, lemon, mint, etc. Sometimes, just plan water depending on my mood. Sip them throughout the day. This is in addition to my daily tea/coffee.
    The result is that
    • I have to get up and answer the call of nature whether I like it or not :).
    • I take the stairs to answer that call. Which means I have to go up and down the stairs for at least 4 times or more before the close of work.
    • Some days, I would have done 4000 steps from this process.
    • During the very harsh winter days, this was incorporated into my workout.
    • It helps control some of those unnecessary need to put anything in my mouth. :) because you are full.
    • It is now a habit that I don't want to stop.
    • I miss it during the weekend, because I clean up my bottles every Friday against Mondays. These bottles stay at work.
    • I am working to incorporate it into my weekends. Maybe I need get myself weekend water bottles that stays at home. Yes! I need to do just that! ...... Ask me about this next week. I need to be accountable.
  • johicks
    Options
    @victorious55 ~ love the share about water and having to get up often. I have many bottles too at home, too to be sure to have variety of flavors and get it all in.
    Thanks.
  • Hey3432
    Options
    That is a great suggestion regarding the water. I really don't drink enough water I have to say. Mostly Coffee and Diet Coke. Such a bad habit!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I first joined this team for the May challenge and am looking forward to June! It has kept me positive and accountable. I lost 8 pounds in May. Have a great day everyone!
  • johicks
    Options
    One of the habits I'm working on is night binging. Even though I may have extra calories at the end of the day. Eating after dinner seems to open up the flood gates to my mouth! So, I tell myself nightly...... and it usually works.
    09rh1w26gesb.jpg
  • susie1328
    susie1328 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm super excited to start this challenge. It's been very dreary and wet up here in Vermont so I'm hoping this challenge will also bring some dry sunny weather my way. :smiley: My June Challenge weight goal is to drop 10lbs. It's been a very long time since I've done a group challenge so checking in with the group will really keep me in check on my activities and food.
  • johicks
    Options
    @susie1328 ~ Great June goal. Yes,
    being in a group is awesome for accountability. Hope to hear from you daily.
  • johicks
    Options
    jsyie138f8rk.jpg
    WHAT ARE YOU TELLING YOURSELF TODAY!?

• johicks
    Options
    Today I am telling myself that:
    Tracking food is important to keep me from overeating, and being mindful.
    Exercise won't get easier but, I WILL get stronger.
    I am WORTH the effort that I am putting forth to lose this weight and be healthier.
    I am part of a great team that helps keep me going every day!

7damsodrp9wm.jpg

• Hey3432
    Options
    Question, so my weigh-in day is Friday, so do I weigh myself tomorrow for my June starting weight?
  • johicks
    Options
    @Hey3432 ~ GOOD question. It gets confusing when we're finishing up one month and starting the next, the newcomers are in limbo for a few days or almost a week. So not yet, as the June challenge doesn't officially start until Saturday, June 1st.
    Hey3432 wrote: »
    Username: Hey3432
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Starting Weight: 177

You posted your start weight (as I did when I started in April) a week ahead, so you will actually have an "extra" week to jump-start June! So I'm expecting a big loss on your first weigh-in on Friday, June 7th. >:) Just kidding! Just kidding! LOL 😂 This gives you a little more time to get your program started and tuned. You can do it!
This discussion has been closed.