TEAM: Gutbusters (June)

Options

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in
    June 3
    Exercise: yes, planting flowers, cutting down trees, etc.
    Calories: just barely at budget! whew!
    Tracking: yes
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in weekly challenges.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Gutbusters, @Kenyaa3!! I just saw that you were assigned to our team so I didn't send you a reminder yesterday. Please be sure to post your Monday weight here. Glad you'll be with us! :)
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in weekly challenges.
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested!!
  • shalvy2007
    shalvy2007 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Interested as well!
  • jodilynnreeves
    jodilynnreeves Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    June week 1 weigh in
    Jodilynnreeves
    PW 204
    CW 203

Looking forward to eating better this week. I didn't do so well for the last 2 days. Crazy few weeks with the move and now trying to get settled in.
  • jodilynnreeves
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Not traditional exercise but I worked on sanding my fish tank stand and putting 2 coats of paint on it.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? I worked outside so I was really under my calorie budget. It was just to hot to eat.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes I did and do you know how hard it is to track what you eat at 54th Street when you choose to not eat certain parts of the dish you ordered. I got the chicken fajitas but I didn't eat the tortillas or any of the rice or beans but I added the guacamole. There is no way to take those calories or carbs out of the stats.
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise? Yes, we had a family bike ride at a local park for a couple hours.
    In budget? Yes!
    Tracked? Yes!

@jodilynnreeves I have that problem sometimes. Normally I just let it go as a “buffer” in case I ate more of something else, but sometimes I will estimate how many calories I shorted myself and add it in as a custom exercise. I am especially likely to do that if I held back the carbs because that’s a higher number of calories and I’ll probably be hungry if I don’t eat them. 🤣
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise? 20 minutes of strength training
    In budget? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Exercise? 1.5 hr walk
    In budget? Under today, but not sure I believe the Noodles & Company website for the dish I got for lunch. Sure tasted like more than they indicated. Was definitely a sodium nightmare. Hadn't been there in probably 2 years so should have checked nutrition info first.
    Tracked.? Yes
  • jodilynnreeves
    Options
    LadySaton wrote: »
    Did I exercise? Yes, we had a family bike ride at a local park for a couple hours.
    In budget? Yes!
    Tracked? Yes!

@jodilynnreeves I have that problem sometimes. Normally I just let it go as a “buffer” in case I ate more of something else, but sometimes I will estimate how many calories I shorted myself and add it in as a custom exercise. I am especially likely to do that if I held back the carbs because that’s a higher number of calories and I’ll probably be hungry if I don’t eat them. 🤣

I really watch my carbs as that I am prediabetic and I have been told to by my dr. And with 1060 calories and 66 carbs I new that wasn't right for what I ate. Low carb is under 50 carbs. I have found that it takes a few weeks to get over what I call the low carb funk but once you get through that it isn't bad. But if I go over board with the carbs I pay for it and spend that day in the bathroom and just being sick to where I won't eat at all.

It is all about finding what works for you and eating good nutrition as he weightloss journey is won or lost in the kitchen.
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Good Morning, Team!

Today begins our weekly challenge for June. Every Wednesday, because it’s sometimes a tough day to get through, we’ll start a new challenge.

Today’s challenge is to try to increase our exercise each day, either by time or distance. If you do 20 minutes of walking each day, try to increase your time for today and each day the rest of the week. You can post using this format if you'd like.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Gutbusters Weekly Challenge:
    Did I increase my exercise from yesterday?

• BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@alexis1616
    @bdashnay
    @Betsymoomoo
    @inshapeCK
    @lja860813
    @mmarch427

Please post using this template:

Username
    June Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @jodilynnreeves, we have your weigh-in to begin June as:
    Monday CW 206 GW by the end of June 190

So you are actually down three pounds this week! :)
  • Mmarch427
    Mmarch427 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    mmarch427
    June Week 1
    PW: 167.5
    CW: 164
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in
    June 4
    Exercise: yes, pushing neighbors scooter with dead battery for the majority of activity
    Calories: no, went over due to lack of water or diet drink option at a couple meals (and i was thirsty!)
    Tracking: yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @mmarch427, Woo Hoo!! Great loss!
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi Team, I’m so sorry I’m late with seeing I was placed on a team and the welcome from Bonnie. I’m really excited!
    If you don’t mind me asking what is “PW”?
    Also, I walk 30 minutes daily during lunch with coworkers. I don’t track calories but I do attempt to track what I eat and drink.

I didn’t weigh myself on Monday because I didn’t know I was on a team. My SW was 277.4. Should I weigh myself tonight?

Sorry for the questions but again I’m really excited to be apart of the team. I think this is just what I need to get back on track.

Kenyaa3
    June Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi again! I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kenya, 42 yrs old, live in NY and I’m a mom of a 16 yr old (God Help Me, lol). I’ve always struggled with my weight. Up down, up down and for the last couple of years, gradually going up. I know for health reasons and just to be confortable with myself I need to get it together. I did a challenge about 4 years ago and got so close to Onerderlsnd but because I lost so much I figured I could binge a little. I guess I never stopped lol. Anywho, I’m excited to be on the team and looking forward to losing with all of you.
This discussion has been closed.