Options

Replies

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check in: Sunday
    Food: Pre-logged, ate as planned
    Water: Lots
    Exercise & steps: Bowflex intervals, short dog walk; over 12,000 steps when the strap on my Fitbit broke. Whhaaaa... how is it I've become so accustomed to the activity feedback that I didn't know what to do yesterday. Why move... the steps don't count LOL. New band arriving Tuesday... I can do this! Going to embrace the "freedom". Off to yoga then planting flowers in pots on the deck and whatever extra I have will go in the veggie garden to brighten it up.

Make it a marvelous Monday Team!!

@twyla77 That cashew dip sounds good... I'm going to look for it here.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Sunday
    Food started logging but snacked in evening/ over
    Water 64oz
    Exercise Biked 1/2 hour and walked 15
    Steps 4037

So to wrap up the weekend. It wasn't good. I wasn't productive, I ate off plan and just felt sorry for myself. Today I have already done more than I did the whole day yesterday Lol! I have a much better attitude about things and I am not in as much pain. I haven't been taking ibuprofen because I don't see any difference but I started taking them again yesterday for the inflammation purposes and maybe they are helping a little? Idk. I am going for an xray tomorrow. I see my doctor on Thursday. When I get off here I am going to make an appointment with an orthopedic doctor too. I am hoping to get in this week if possible. This is my week of doctors appointments-gyn tomorrow, podiatrist on Wed, annual physical Thursday...Ugh! I am also getting hair and nails done when I am up there and a play that my son's friend is the lead on Friday. Hopefully after that I can settle into summer at the shore!

My plan for today-the usual-log and don't worry about trying to be under, get my steps to 5K, PT exercises, Bike and short walk. Yesterday I tried to make my snack my breakfast, then I was hungry before lunch and ate lunch early, then the entire day went like that. I fought off overeating and snacking until late at night and blew it. I am just going to plan out my day so I can eat what is on my plan. It will be right at my calories for the day and that is ok. My calories that I have set is a deficit already so I don't need to be under.

@twyla77 That dip sounds good! I will have to see if we have it here!
    @cyndiesstuff I guess you have been through this so many times with your son. I wish he would get the help he needs. Hugs! I am glad you had a productive weekend! It sets you up for a good week. Change is hard, even if it is good change. I think it is natural that you would be nervous about your interview. I have no problem speaking up to doctors Lol! I am a nurse
    It was just the timing with getting home from Florida, getting to the shore and then the weekend. Ugh! Being in Florida screwed me up a bit. Wow! That is some garden! I know you are going to be happy when you can walk outside and grab what you want from it!
    @Mrsbell8well Have a good week!
    @gottagetthisdown Awesome loss! Looks like you had a great week!
    @Shirin_K Sounds like a productive weekend for you too! I am glad that you have an entire week under your belt, now on to week two! I like your plan for today-you got this!!
    @Zumba_Luvah No problem, wish we had control over that but the moderators will switch it. If your weigh in day was earlier in the week you would have more of a cushion. They tally everything up Sunday mornings.
    @carlsoda . I am glad you had a nice weekend. You are so in tune with your body. I am curious if it is the sugar. You have said in the past that you don't tolerate it very well. I hope you start feeling better.
    @eyesopennow It will be good to see where you are at with your bloodwork. I bet it will have improved. IF it hasn't, you need to talk to your doctor. You have been working hard, don't throw it out the window! Sounds like it is going to be a busy father's day for you! Your menu sounds good. I am glad you even thought of dessert for yourself. Hugs!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia it is so hard! I have the opposite, my older son was so smart and had no issues, then we had my younger son and he struggled since 1st grade, but it did not become an issue until 3rd grade. As the parent, it is heart-breaking to watch your child struggle. He does not have a behavior problem, just learning, but he can stress me and his teachers. Hang in there!

Congrats on the Raptors, they may pull out the win tonight! I am a Curry fan, but they have dominated for so many years. I am also a DIE HARD Yankees fan, not sure if you follow baseball, but I could never cheer for Toronto, lol.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Sunday
    Food logged under
    water enough
    exercise 25 yoga
    steps 10,264

A very long productive weekend! Yesterday Molly and I finished the Cottage. I came home took a hot bath, did yoga, made Kale and garlic with garbanzos for dinner. Got to bed about 8:15pm and started transferring my hand written story to the computer. 9pm read for a while. Finally fell asleep to be woken by my son at midnight. He had called 3 X but I was letting it go to VM. I finally answered on the 3rd attempt. He was drunk. Poor guy is an alcoholic with a very high powered high paying dangerous government job. I listened to him for awhile and went back to bed. He misses his mom, very sweet but troubled and my heart goes out to him. Update on my sister...she called to tell my mom that her son (he lives with her, just turned 18) went out and bought a gun yesterday. He has a long history of mental issues and wanting to kill himself. He also hates his mother and has made it clear murdering her would not be out of the question. She said there is nothing she can do about it. For about a year I have had premonitions of him killing her and himself. It is so disturbing. Sorry to lay this all out on this team platform but this is our life. The most "normal" of us still deal with personal disturbing issues either directly or through family members. Yes it is always important to remember what is ours and what we surrender to a higher power.
    I was depleted all day yesterday. I made a huge lunch but was still hungry by dinner. Today I am counting down till lunch time. I really loved the buckwheat blackberry muffins. I am feeling super thin. I am anxious to hit my goal and start maintaining. soon.
    I am dragging today. My mind is spinning. I would love to just go back home.
    As part of our family focus week I am taking my mom out to lunch on Wednesday then we are all going out to dinner on Thursday as a family. My mom is so excited and trying to figure out what to wear. She is always dressed to perfection. Remember those gold pants on her birthday lol?
    Okay back to work.
    Have a good week everyone!
    @cyndiesstuff so glad you were able to get your garden in. I remember how much it produced last year.
    @Zumba_Luvah nice picture!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Getting a lot of "paperwork" and calls done but need to get moving with getting ready to go back to PA. MK is ready to leave now Lol! I have at least 2 loads of laundry to do. Glad I took a shower when I got up so at least I am ready.

@nstephenson01 I always start thinking why bother when my fitbit isn't charged or I forget to put it on Lol! Sounds like you have a nice day planned! Enjoy!
    @jedaschultz I have the same problem lately! What are you doing to stop it? I am adding snacks into my daily plan and going to start having a routine at night that will not include snacking. Hopefully that will work. Planning seems to work during the day for me.
    @Mrsbell8well I am sorry to hear about all that is going on. Very scary about your nephew. I am glad your parents are staying with you. It makes me think about what I am learning with some of these podcasts. The only thing we can really control is ourselves and how we react to things. You are right, some things you have to surrender to a higher power or you will make yourself miserable. I do remember your Mom on her birthday looking so cute! It will be fun to go out with her for lunch!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    weekly weigh in
    Username:amsandos
    Week 2
    Weigh in Day:Monday
    Previous Weight: 137
    Current Weight: 137

It is a fair cop! I have been over eating a little and have been choosing to work over work outs. This is the way it has to be for a couple of months. I will keep trying. The sugar ban is holding pretty much. Well it is keeping me away from the works cookie jar so that is something. That is a very big something. Although I have been fairly creative about finding other ways to overeat a bit. I have come to the conclusion that I should not eat the buffet left overs at work. I am not a dustbin. I need to show myself more respect. I have kicked the habit of eating my daughters left overs at home so I can kick the habit of leaving the left overs at work. It would be good to get a loss this week. I have planned my weekly menu. I need to start journalling again with work being so busy I am struggling to get in here everyday. I must try to find a way.
  • sleepymom5
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Daily check in Monday
    Food started logged and over
    Water 96oz
    Exercise Biked 26 min and walked 15 min
    Steps 6,249

I made it back to PA! I had a great day! I am so glad that I have gotten to the point that a bad day or meal won't derail me. Back in the day, after yesterday I would have continued wallowing in self pity for a while. I ended up having a great day today except for dinner. We went to the bar which I do enjoy but I need to have a plan before I go in. I ate appetizers and my meal. I didn't think to eat until satisfied. It just didn't even enter my mind. If I ate just my meal, I would have been good. I don't know why I wasn't prepared. Now I am stuffed and I really don't like that feeling. I didn't have a drink at least.
    In other news...I did get an appointment with the Orthopedic Doctor on Thursday. I have an early doctor's appointment tomorrow and then my x-ray. It is going to be a busy day and week. I am sure I won't be able to get on here tomorrow morning. I will check in later in the day. Hope everyone has a good evening!

@amsandos I am glad you are doing well on the sugar ban. That is awesome! I like your thought of not being a dust bin at work, we don't think of ourselves like that and sometimes that is exactly what we are doing. Maybe jump on quick just to say how the day went before you go to bed? Journaling is important too. Maybe the same? Right before bed to think about your day and what you are going to do tomorrow? You will figure it out! Hang in there! When is the next big race?
    @lennoncpa How exciting! What kind of dog? I love that name for a dog, my family vetoed it for Daisy. You have to post a pic of Buddy! And yes, shopping when you are hungry is not good. No worries, it is early in the week and you can portion things out. You can work the things you wouldn't normally buy into your plan. You can turn it around!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    w4167fk70px8.jpeg
    Tuesday's Weigh In
    @Phoebe112476
    Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @GingerPwr
    @Mrsbell8well
    Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @Ljdanny
    @Nstephenson01
    @Shirin_K
    @Cyndiesstuff
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Daily log for Monday June 10:
    Logged: yes, over
    Water: not enough, maybe 2l.
    Steps: 9,159
    Vitamins: forgot, none
    Sleep: got less than 6 yesterday, in bed now looking forward to sleep... so tired.
    Goodnight everyone, hope to read up and post more tomorrow
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Monday
    Food logged under
    Water good enough
    Exercise nope
    Steps 4743
    Sleep over 7

Spring is almost over. Can you believe it? Summer quickly approaching. Booked tickets for a weekend at Virginia Beach with the old folks. Reserved ocean front rooms with a balcony.
    I feel like I’m on a diet. It’s been an adjustment logging again and staying with in my calories. I can feel the difference. 5 people commented how thin I look.
    It leaves me feeling a bit irritable not to eat what I want and when I want it. But I am hitting goal! Soon! And I swear I will keep this weight off and stay healthy for the rest of my life. This is the last time for me too. I really like looking in the mirror these days. But obviously more than vanity. I’m really proud of myself.
    I must do a run today. I work late. Going to take a dinner break then back to work for a pm meeting.
    Last night I made delicious creamy cauliflower soup and decided to toss some baked tofu in it. Topped it with nutritional yeast and fresh garden chives and parsley. Yummy. Making baby turnips with roasted baby potatoes and turnip green pesto for dinner. Diet food ❤️
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @Julie8468 Hope you got a good rest! Let's have a great day today!
    @DananaNanas What your husband said made me Lol! I love that you make something you love (Dance) such a big part of your life. Yesterday may not have been the day you wanted but you checked in here and posted. You also did well with steps and water. Not a bad day! Great job! Today at least log, good and bad, and continue what you did yesterday. Small steps make a difference. You got this!
    @Moarrein You really write well! I would have never known. How exciting, Bulgaria! It boggles my mind how we all have pretty much the same day to day lives. Running kids around, trying to be healthier, doing races(well, not me Lol!). I am glad you are here even though it is a challenge for you with the language. Nice day yesterday and looks like you have a great plan for today!
    @phoebe112476 Nice loss!! Good luck today! I am excited for you!
    @Mrsbell8well I am sure you must have been exhausted after your weekend. Hope you have a better day today. The menu for today sounds delicious! Hang in there, you are almost at goal!
    @cyndiesstuff sounds like a nice day yesterday. Glad your son is getting help, it must have been nice spending time with him before he goes. Another busy day for you! Good idea to have a salad ready to go for dinner. Hugs!
    @lennoncpa I love Buddy! He's such a cutie!! It is so nice that there are people like you who are willing to foster dogs. Hugs!
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    @Moarrein Hello fellow European! I’m from Slovakia originally but living in the states now :)
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda ohhhh yeah on the joy food. my joy food was yesterday for my son's birthday I had a cupcake with no frosting and some cool whip. mmmmm.... and sugar can cause inflammation. try limiting it and see if it helps!!

@eyesopennow I am hoping your blood tests come out ok Mike! and you are no allowed to chuck it all. don't make me come over there and slap those chocolates out of your hand. because I will!! spending time with our aging parents can sometimes be difficult. but your right, we don't want to have regrets so we take the good with the bad. and it sounds like you have a pretty good plan for fathers day. don't let the family gathering side track you. you have been working really hard. make a list of reasons why this is so important to you and put it in your pocket for sunday. then read it numerous times thru out the day. trust me it will help you keep your goals right in front of you.

@nstephenson01 ohhhh no your fit bit strap broke. I am soooo addicted to my fitbit. and I know exactly what you mean about the steps not counting. I have caught myself, when I take it off to take a shower, I have tried to take really big steps to the shower so I didn't waist the movement. lol now that is kinda ridiculous.

@sleepymom5 no more feeling sorry for yourself. I know its hard sometimes not to wallow in self pity but you really do need to just get over it. instead of spending your energy on the pity party, spend that energy on making a meal plan, writing down what you are going to do now that life has thrown you a curve ball, find exercise videos on utube that limit the hip work, there are so many things to do besides eat. now. what is your next best move?

@jedaschultz maybe write your food plan out every morning. put on your plan, a half a snack and start there. you can do this. you have really increased your steps. that is bound to help! and that gain is less than a pound. you got this. just keep moving forward.

@Mrsbell8well I am soooo sorry your son is struggling. it seems like many of us have our addictions. and ohhh my gosh. not a gun. he needs some help, I hope he gets some too. and this is it, Angelina, this is the time we are going to get to goal and stay there. lets go!! I do remember those gold pants your mom wore too. she is sooo cute!! lol, you feel like your on a diet because you are silly girl. when the rest of the weight is gone and your at goal, you can eat what you want with your new lifestyle and not gain weight. imagine how glorious that will be. ohhh and cauliflower soup sounds amazing. really gotta love diet food!!

@amsandos maintains are good. you just keep working on your goals. you have come so far. and you are soooo right. your not the garbage can, that stuff is not for you!! there is always time. you make the choice and then do it. your awesome, just so you know. if anyone can do it, it is you!!

@lennoncpa puppy!!!! I love my doggie. it is great that you are taking extra walks with him. ohhhh no and shopping hungry can be bad news. you can do this girl. my mom had a dog that looked just like that. sooo cute!! I called her bat dog!! look at those ears!

@Julie8468 it is always so much more difficult to stick to our plan whan we don't get enough sleep. I know you know that. so heres to getting right back on track today.

@DananaNanas I agree!! nobody likes free time. it sounds like you are starting to work you new plan. make an advantages list, you know, a list of the reasons you want this to be the time, and then read it numerous times a day. it really does help. it keeps your goals front and center. where they should be.

@Moarrein in my garden, I have chives, oregano, cilantro, basil, dill, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, onions, beets, romaine lettuce, and butter crunch lettuce. yummmmm!!! it is a lot of work, but I love having fresh produce I pick out of my back yard. to me it is soooo worth it!

@phoebe112476 ohhh yeah girl! today is the day. you had another great loss and your moving to your new forever home. what an exciting time for you. enjoy!!

This discussion has been closed.