Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi... rainy Monday...sunny morning? So far its been 'both'
    Got into the gym just in time to avoid getting wet and worked out just long enough to stay dry upon leaving! Love it when that all works out!

So, from the time I started this, to now...I ate my lunch and still hungry...made a salad...made salad dressing, brewed a cup of my mushroom coffee, moved everything..computer, phone, water, and my dressed salad to the front room so I could watch the rain.

So, who's gonna run right out and get the 3 in 1 breakfast machine?? My excuse is not the rain, but a total lack of counter space!!
    Hello Valerie
    Still hungry, how small was salad ?

I know I am not going to run or even walk out for the three in one machine. No counter space and it seemed like it was poorly implemented too.
    And then there is Emmy. Still not convinced that I need Mickey D's in my life. There's one across from the gym, but they don't need to keep the lights on for me!! :)

Roger should be home from his tests by now. Hope the traffic was not as bad as he anticipated, and that the rain held off til he was either out of traffic, or better yet home!!

Not only did Spam and canned ham have those opening keys, but so did the little tins of sardines, smoked oysters, etc. Some days I miss those little keys!!

Ok, salad is consumed, coffee agout half, but needs a temp boost, and then I'm pretty sure I feel a nap coming on!

Later.
    Not home the test is today, Tuesday, I hope I was not confusing when I posted about it.

As kids we played with the rolled up metal as I remember it. The downside of them was if it was missing :smiley:
    Ok, watched the coffee vid. The mushroom coffee is what I am drinking. It isn't 'weak', I'm guessing that they filled the big mugs with hot water and added the coffee mix. Directions say heat eight ounces of water...8 oz is about half of those mugs. LOL! I like it the coffee. And the mushrooms are a nice addition to my 'diet'.
    So I give the Irish Coffee judges a C- !! Folgers in a jar is not exactly a great coffee, and I'd for sure walk off before I had anything to do with durian coffee. Though I've eaten durian, once,. The smell is terrible, but the fruit itself really doesn't taste bad.

and all that said, I'm about to head for my nap! (and yes, I can drink coffee and sleep, usually!)

2nd Later...
    Folgers in a jar is likely as good a instant coffee as any ?

8 ounce cup of coffee, That's a sample.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,331 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. Another warm/hot one here, with only 20% chance of rain. Maybe they will finish lowering the gas line. They have to add a U bend to bring it under the planned new drainage ditch. Apparently all that concrete conduit is just for going under driveways. You can see, at the rear of this picture, how they have prepared the neighbor's front for a sidewalk and curb next to the road, with the drainage there already installed as a rock lined, broad ditch.

a1vfnt5wxaps.png

We had planned a line of trees and bushes as "insulation" from the sidewalk, but a ditch like that should discourage people from getting in the yard, though it may attract more litter. There is one person (why do I assume it's a man?) who drops an empty Merit cigarette package in front of our house about once a week. If I could catch him(?) doing it, I would be tempted to at least point out that he had "dropped" something...oh, and we may still do the shrubs, but we don't want to make it impossible or difficult to trim the grass and weeds along the ditch.

Not a lot on the agenda other than finishing off the pizza and a nap. Well, I'll probably pick some blueberries. Boy do I have a lot this year!

If only I knew someone I could meet in a parking lot and clandestinely "push" some blueberries to...Hmmmmm...

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARR5hNitnmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aReRn7BRyv8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5iJA1va6NM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbs72RIivz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul8Az9ynfck
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!
    Had lots to say, brain was hijacked by an offer of blueberries to someone who isn't opposed to meeting a guy behind Trader Joes!! ME! ME! ME! Send me a text or email...I'm free this whole week, so it would be great to meet you...coffee maybe too?
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good afternoon...watching the women's World Cup Soccer. So far USA 3 and Thailand 0.
    Pretty good game. Ended 13 to 0!!!
    Roger, I didn't go back and look, but I will accept responsibility for the Monday/Tuesday confusion. Marietta, in Texas is part of a study for T2D, and Monday night was an overnight at the \hospital. Some testing, meals, and a 4 a.m. wake up call...tissue samples, every 3 hours X4, and blood draws for Blood sugars, etc. She should be home by now. We were able to chat for awhile yesterday evening. Monday she starts the exercise part of the study. MWF 1.5 hours at the gym. First week Arms...This is going to kill her. She is not a weights or even a cardio gym rat. I don't dare call her this week. Afraid I'd maybe laugh a little...

Today I haven't seen any rain...though the sky sure looks like it could dump another toad strangler, its not forecast. This morning it was 69 degrees on my porch and it felt really nice. Tom E. joined me on the swing, and allowed me to groom him to get rid of even more of that loose hair. I should be saving it...I think I could make a second cat!! When I wasn't dealing with cat, I was enjoying my mushroom coffee. No milk, no sweet, and can't taste the mushrooms. So, pretty much like having a regular cup of coffee. (I must say, snobby me. that I really prefer the taste of my Keurig coffee than the powdered coffee in the mix, but I just use 10 oz water instead of the recommended 8 oz. )

Dinner tonite is a Massaman Curry with pasta from a box. A box shaped like a Chinese take out container no less. It cooks quickly, I hope its good...and if it is, I hope I can remember where I found this box. I love Massaman curry. A really neat place not terribly far, that has it with chicken, potato chunks, avocado and cashew nuts!! That was soooo good. What I"m making will not have the chicken, but will have tofu instead. And since the kit comes with pasta (spaghetti) I will omit the potato, maybe. :)

Ok, Jack called...I forgot it was Tuesday? We had a great chat...while we were chatting our USA women set a record for # of goals scored in a world cup game-Ended 13 to 0!!!.And it rained so hard I thought it was hail..and weather tonite says there is an encore coming. Oh Yipee!

My Massaman curry was very tasty, I'd buy it again. (first I need to figure out where I got it!)...it was just a bit spicier than I expected, but still very good...90 seconds in the microwave, Glad I added the avocado, tofu, and cashews!

Outta here
    Oh, Roger...a standard cup of coffee is....6 ounces! Way smaller than what we have today! My coffee mugs are 12 ounces, and I'm betting what was in that video was even bigger!!! (and no, I'm not making up the 6 ounces :) )

Later...

• RogerToo
    Options
    eEqFY4.jpg

PClndS.gif

fUeLYm.jpg

NziTKd.gif

bOOw36.jpg
    Clueless buyer

pepu6Z.gif

SkzBFg.png
    How's that again ?

e5yTDX.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Currently It is 58 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is below normal. I was worried about driving in for the Pre-Admission testing Tuesday needlessly. The Forecast rains for Monday were not as bad as predicted and Tuesday the rains had ended before 7 AM which was well before Sunday's weather forecast said they would. The Roads had dried off from traffic and the drive went well.
    Arrive 8:15 according to the parking ticket time stamp and paying the reduced fee after having the ticket validated at 11 AM. Then we had a problem finding the car, It was parked on the level 7 and not there. The NBPA sent a car to help us find it. It turns out that the parking garage has two level 7s, why ? One for the inbound direction and a different one on the outbound lane which is where we had been looking :(

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-ai-is-catching-people-who-cheat-on-their-diets-job-searches-and-school-work-2019-06-10
    How AI is catching people who cheat on their diets, job searches and school work

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10396486/100-challenge-mon-5-23-to-until-join-anytime#latest
    iOS 13 will map the apps that are tracking you

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-homeless-safe-parking-los-angeles-20190610-story.html
    16,000 people in L.A. now live in cars, vans and RVs. But safe parking remains elusive

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-led-tax-rebellion-later-100002810.html
    Amazon Led a Tax Rebellion. A Year Later, Seattle Is Gridlocked.

https://www.france24.com/en/20190610-climate-activists-blockade-cruise-ship-german-port
    Climate activists blockade cruise ship in German port

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. Another warm/hot one here, with only 20% chance of rain. Maybe they will finish lowering the gas line. They have to add a U bend to bring it under the planned new drainage ditch. Apparently all that concrete conduit is just for going under driveways. You can see, at the rear of this picture, how they have prepared the neighbor's front for a sidewalk and curb next to the road, with the drainage there already installed as a rock lined, broad ditch.

Image snipped

We had planned a line of trees and bushes as "insulation" from the sidewalk, but a ditch like that should discourage people from getting in the yard, though it may attract more litter. There is one person (why do I assume it's a man?) who drops an empty Merit cigarette package in front of our house about once a week. If I could catch him(?) doing it, I would be tempted to at least point out that he had "dropped" something...oh, and we may still do the shrubs, but we don't want to make it impossible or difficult to trim the grass and weeds along the ditch.

Not a lot on the agenda other than finishing off the pizza and a nap. Well, I'll probably pick some blueberries. Boy do I have a lot this year!

If only I knew someone I could meet in a parking lot and clandestinely "push" some blueberries to...Hmmmmm...
    Good Morning Ed
    I wonder, are they going to have an open ditch ? or maybe the concrete will go from driveway to driveway, They will have to do something to prevent washing out the front yards IMO. If I said I am not really seeing preparation for a sidewalk ? I wonder if I see it and it just is not registering or ???

I suppose a fence vs plants is out of the question ?

There are a ton of berries on the plants this year, must be good growing weather :smiley: I suspect I will miss many of them. Note to self, Tell Brother to let neighbors pick what they while I am in hospital and possible rehab.

Ed the Pusher man :wink:
    Making CHICKEN from GRAPEFRUIT peels | Bistec de Toronja
    I wonder if slipping a spoon under the grapefruit insides would have worked better than using his fingers ?
    Also it looked like he needed more oil to fry them in. They looked good and he liked them, I think I will stick to the real thing pounded thin.
    FOOD MARATHON CHALLENGE | Can we eat 26.2 Dishes in 24 Hours?
    A continuation of a previous post :smiley: I am not a fan of foam on my food TBH.
    VEGAN CHINESE FOOD. vegan 'prawn' toasts & crispy lemon tofu
    I wonder if my brother could tell the difference if I slipped these into his shrimp toast, Likely I suspect.
    Can Chefs Make Sardine-Haters Change Their Minds?
    I don't hate them I just don't eat seafood. The only seafood I eat are Salmon Patties. Canned Salmon with the bones they use to up the weight and the black lining and skin packed in the can for the same reason :( Once that is done I take the approximately 1/2 can left and crumble Saltines and egg as a binder into the Salmon and fry them until nicely browned and eaten on well buttered bread as a sandwich.
    Chef Lena Tries 12 Of The Weirdest Chocolate Cake Recipes To Find The Perfect One
    Why try weird ones when the Classics are tasty ?

Moving On, Thanks for the Videos
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Guys!
    Had lots to say, brain was hijacked by an offer of blueberries to someone who isn't opposed to meeting a guy behind Trader Joes!! ME! ME! ME! Send me a text or email...I'm free this whole week, so it would be great to meet you...coffee maybe too?
    Hello Valerie
    And Why not, an offer of fresh picked Blueberries and Coffee, Does it get any better ?
    Good afternoon...watching the women's World Cup Soccer. So far USA 3 and Thailand 0.
    Pretty good game. Ended 13 to 0!!!
    Roger, I didn't go back and look, but I will accept responsibility for the Monday/Tuesday confusion. Marietta, in Texas is part of a study for T2D, and Monday night was an overnight at the \hospital. Some testing, meals, and a 4 a.m. wake up call...tissue samples, every 3 hours X4, and blood draws for Blood sugars, etc. She should be home by now. We were able to chat for awhile yesterday evening. Monday she starts the exercise part of the study. MWF 1.5 hours at the gym. First week Arms...This is going to kill her. She is not a weights or even a cardio gym rat. I don't dare call her this week. Afraid I'd maybe laugh a little...

Today I haven't seen any rain...though the sky sure looks like it could dump another toad strangler, its not forecast. This morning it was 69 degrees on my porch and it felt really nice. Tom E. joined me on the swing, and allowed me to groom him to get rid of even more of that loose hair. I should be saving it...I think I could make a second cat!! When I wasn't dealing with cat, I was enjoying my mushroom coffee. No milk, no sweet, and can't taste the mushrooms. So, pretty much like having a regular cup of coffee. (I must say, snobby me. that I really prefer the taste of my Keurig coffee than the powdered coffee in the mix, but I just use 10 oz water instead of the recommended 8 oz. )
    It could have been me to, I have not been sleeping that well lately.

I had to look it up to see what T2D was, Duh :(

Or You could stuff a pillow with the hair :smiley:

I wonder why real coffee might taste better ?
    Dinner tonite is a Massaman Curry with pasta from a box. A box shaped like a Chinese take out container no less. It cooks quickly, I hope its good...and if it is, I hope I can remember where I found this box. I love Massaman curry. A really neat place not terribly far, that has it with chicken, potato chunks, avocado and cashew nuts!! That was soooo good. What I"m making will not have the chicken, but will have tofu instead. And since the kit comes with pasta (spaghetti) I will omit the potato, maybe. :)

Ok, Jack called...I forgot it was Tuesday? We had a great chat...while we were chatting our USA women set a record for # of goals scored in a world cup game-Ended 13 to 0!!!.And it rained so hard I thought it was hail..and weather tonite says there is an encore coming. Oh Yipee!

My Massaman curry was very tasty, I'd buy it again. (first I need to figure out where I got it!)...it was just a bit spicier than I expected, but still very good...90 seconds in the microwave, Glad I added the avocado, tofu, and cashews!

Outta here
    Oh, Roger...a standard cup of coffee is....6 ounces! Way smaller than what we have today! My coffee mugs are 12 ounces, and I'm betting what was in that video was even bigger!!! (and no, I'm not making up the 6 ounces :) )

Later...
    So can I assume that it gets heated with boiling water in the Chinese Take Out container or is that only the packaging ?

So the weatherman had it wrong in the forecast. I am sure You are glad You did not believe him and go running around.

6 ounces is a sample :wink:

Good Luck finding the source of the Massaman Curry
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! A LOT cooler today, with 20% chance of rain. I hear the lawn people out there. I hope they appreciate the fact that I trimmed the trees, since they are the ones who complained about there being "too many low hanging branches" and wanted to know if we wanted an estimate on how much they would charge to remove them. Since I had doubts about whether their idea of which branches to trim would match with my idea of the same, and sure didn't want to pay them for a job not really done the way I wanted, I did that myself, as you know from prior posts. This is their first visit since I completed that.

Valerie, I did text you regarding the blueberries, but didn't get any response. Maybe it didn't go through. I had suggested today, at 11:30 but tomorrow, same time, would be fine as well.

And since you liked your instant Massaman, I'd love to know what the brand is!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y37QO7NMzE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVrYhVPipwA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFjv8-W14-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH2tu8nD1Ic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbeLc0qSyig
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good morning!!
    First...Ed, no I have not gotten text from you...no email either..(checked email to be sure)...hummm. Tomorrow 'Thursday' at 11:30 would be great. I'll bring you a packet of the mushroom coffee! Wonder if I have anything else here that I've meant to put away for Ed.... Well, whatever..fresh beautiful blueberries for a packet of mushroom coffee and I'll treat you to a coffee if you have time....small cost on my part! (will bring a cooler for the berries. Don't want to cook them on the way home.)

Roger, glad your drive wasn't as awful as you'd imagined it would be. :) I know I have to time appointments when I go to the chiro. and to my hair salon for that very reason. Your experience with the parking garage reminded me of years ago, my friend had 4 little boys, and my two...we saw Santa for the boys, shopped a bit for ourselves, so 6 little boys under school age, large shopping bags each Mom..and car was gone. Walked the entire 'level' and finally Nanc left the kids with me, so she could 'travel quicker'...there were two parking decks, side by side, and we'd parked in one, and 'looked' in the other. Its the stuff nightmares are made of, right?

I got the predicted 20% rain yesterday. I mentioned it was a very loud, hard rain...looked at the rain gauge later, and it had bumped up half an inch. I think the rain may have lasted 20 minutes...
    I see 20% again today..hmmm, wonder if I should be heading off to the gym. If today's 20% is same as yesterday's 20%...maybe I should take my umbrella into the gym with me!

Watched the vegan video about Chinese food. Looked quite good...also a bit of work and time involved. But made me think of last nights Thai dinner in a box. It was so good! Inside the box was a packet of cooked noodles, I sorta teased them apart as I put them back into the box. Instructions said to squeeze the sauce over the noodles, which I did do, after I'd added the vegetables..90 seconds in the microwave, popped the cashews on top, grabbed my chopsticks and loved every bite. It was quite filling..so I only ate a bit of fruit and I was full!! Can't beat minute and a half dinners! And the box says its vegan also!

How did the lawn folks like your tree/shrub trimming, Ed? Hope they were satisfied by your handiwork! :)

Its nearing 11 a.m. and I have little to show for my morning, other than a cup of Keurig on the swing, with a cat. Hm...maybe I should hurry and do 'something' before lunch!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    6AELcs.gif

TXlJX9.gif

FanBoa.gif

cJYphY.gif

UYjn4a.gif
    This is a bit long but...

fXIrbU.gif

qJlYeg.gif

SFHMqw.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Currently It is 64 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is below normal. I am not looking forward to the drive tomorrow mainly because I will not know when or where until this afternoon.
    There is rain in the forecast for this morning, so far it is still dry outside,

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jun/10/pentagon-eyes-ketogenic-diet-bid-build-more-lethal/
    Pentagon eyes controversial diet in bid to build more lethal warriors
    Top Pentagon officials say research has shown that human bodies in ketosis — the goal of the popular and controversial ketogenic diet

https://myfox8.com/2019/06/11/106-year-old-nc-woman-credits-longevity-to-faith-in-god/
    106-year-old NC woman credits longevity to faith in God

https://www.axios.com/what-apple-knows-about-you-fa7fa529-05af-48fa-bc51-54c15a6f5fbc.html
    What Apple knows about you

https://www.axios.com/coffee-prices-consumer-impacts-7224a652-519f-4f1f-afa4-48582ce51139.html
    The staggering impact of falling coffee prices
    In an unusual market twist, the falling prices of coffee beans could lead to higher coffee prices for Western consumers.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/10/frightening-number-of-plant-extinctions-found-in-global-survey
    ‘Frightening’ number of plant extinctions found in global survey
    Study shows 571 species wiped out, and scientists say figure is likely to be big underestimate

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2019/06/electric-blue-night-clouds-are-invading-the-u-s/
    Electric-blue night clouds are invading the U.S.
    Over the next few weeks, mid-latitude observers might experience the best noctilucent cloud viewing of their lifetimes.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/06/10/danny-feltwell-cancer-alternative-drug-jakafi/
    ‘I’m Feeling Great’: How New Treatment Saved 10-Year-Old Boy’s Life After Two Bouts Of Cancer

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! A LOT cooler today, with 20% chance of rain. I hear the lawn people out there. I hope they appreciate the fact that I trimmed the trees, since they are the ones who complained about there being "too many low hanging branches" and wanted to know if we wanted an estimate on how much they would charge to remove them. Since I had doubts about whether their idea of which branches to trim would match with my idea of the same, and sure didn't want to pay them for a job not really done the way I wanted, I did that myself, as you know from prior posts. This is their first visit since I completed that.

Valerie, I did text you regarding the blueberries, but didn't get any response. Maybe it didn't go through. I had suggested today, at 11:30 but tomorrow, same time, would be fine as well.

And since you liked your instant Massaman, I'd love to know what the brand is!
    Hello Ed
    Cooler today, Thursday and a 100% chance of rain since the weather radar shows it just south of me and the street looks like There is a sprinkle starting.

My suspicion is that they would just cut low hanging branches willy nilly and not worry about the aesthetics. Plus if You can do it why pay them :wink:
    EASY VEGAN DINNER | NO RECIPE
    Sounds like someone has been watched "Chopped on the Food Network" :smiley:
    Million Dollar Dip - Food Wishes
    It looks OK, Simply put I just do not have a use for a dip :(
    DIY FLUFF SCREAMER - Marshmallow Fluff Burger | Regional Burgers - Schuylkill County, PA
    I shall pass on putting Marshmallow fluff on my burgers. I throw out the buns to reduce the carbs so why would I add extras that require eating the bun ?
    A complicated cook IMO, loose fry some ground beef and a burger to go on one sandwich. Pass on the Spicy Meat sauce that used the loose fried Ground Beef.
    Priya Makes Roasted Aloo Gobi
    I have no idea what that is, Bing or Google will be my friend for that. Or I could do what I did and look at the description, Cauliflower and Potatoes. I'm not a big fan of foods with lots of spices or Ginger.
    Italians Try Pasta From Olive Garden
    Before I watch this I will predict that they do not care for the Olive Garden Pasta dish.
    Their final thoughts "Better than expected" Is not what I would call high praise.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!!
    First...Ed, no I have not gotten text from you...no email either..(checked email to be sure)...hummm. Tomorrow 'Thursday' at 11:30 would be great. I'll bring you a packet of the mushroom coffee! Wonder if I have anything else here that I've meant to put away for Ed.... Well, whatever..fresh beautiful blueberries for a packet of mushroom coffee and I'll treat you to a coffee if you have time....small cost on my part! (will bring a cooler for the berries. Don't want to cook them on the way home.)

Roger, glad your drive wasn't as awful as you'd imagined it would be. :) I know I have to time appointments when I go to the chiro. and to my hair salon for that very reason. Your experience with the parking garage reminded me of years ago, my friend had 4 little boys, and my two...we saw Santa for the boys, shopped a bit for ourselves, so 6 little boys under school age, large shopping bags each Mom..and car was gone. Walked the entire 'level' and finally Nanc left the kids with me, so she could 'travel quicker'...there were two parking decks, side by side, and we'd parked in one, and 'looked' in the other. Its the stuff nightmares are made of, right?
    Hello Valerie
    I wonder why no text ? If it was sent I would think You would get it.
    Which reminds me I just put the phone in the cradle so I will have a full charge tomorrow. With any luck that will be good until I am released.

What I found weird was that they both were 20 plum street. I was starting to get really worried that I had been towed since the Handicap spaces were marked that way and I was only 80% sure I had hung the tag on the mirror. What else was weird was that each level had one handicap spot.
    I got the predicted 20% rain yesterday. I mentioned it was a very loud, hard rain...looked at the rain gauge later, and it had bumped up half an inch. I think the rain may have lasted 20 minutes...
    I see 20% again today..hmmm, wonder if I should be heading off to the gym. If today's 20% is same as yesterday's 20%...maybe I should take my umbrella into the gym with me!

Watched the vegan video about Chinese food. Looked quite good...also a bit of work and time involved. But made me think of last nights Thai dinner in a box. It was so good! Inside the box was a packet of cooked noodles, I sorta teased them apart as I put them back into the box. Instructions said to squeeze the sauce over the noodles, which I did do, after I'd added the vegetables..90 seconds in the microwave, popped the cashews on top, grabbed my chopsticks and loved every bite. It was quite filling..so I only ate a bit of fruit and I was full!! Can't beat minute and a half dinners! And the box says its vegan also!

How did the lawn folks like your tree/shrub trimming, Ed? Hope they were satisfied by your handiwork! :)

Its nearing 11 a.m. and I have little to show for my morning, other than a cup of Keurig on the swing, with a cat. Hm...maybe I should hurry and do 'something' before lunch!

Later...
    Yup, I just looked outside and the street is now wet not just damp like earlier. I was looking at large umbrellas at the Grocery Store $4.99 seemed like a reasonable price. There is a large umbrella in the house, darned heavy too.

Vegan Thai Food :smiley: It sounded good until the Cashews were mentioned, O would have left them off.

That is a good question, I was sort of wondering that too and also if they were unhappy that he did it instead of paying them ?

You have plenty to show for the morning. You got a nice cup of coffee and some time on the swing,how much better would You like it ?

Anyway, Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Warmer today, with no chance of precipitation. I have a few things on the shopping list for today and some blueberries to deliver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgLC_DRd2cg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDOCHd0JTco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5eIApqOcu0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jveit7UKBy4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vg3rRFHD-o

• RogerToo
    Options
    FX87Qk.gif

CpfUj2.gif

E5PyIt.gif

b33JyY.gif

YVXsqf.gif

IkOf2K.gif

V6PyT2.jpg

DbfSVJ.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Currently It is unknown degrees outside.
    The Hospital called and I need to be there at 5:30 AM Friday morning.
    Thus I shall be brief as I am thinking I need to be up at 4AM the latest.

Look for something that says RE: Roger or from rogers brother in the email title.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-media/the-media-has-a-big-problem-reuters-institute-says-who-will-pay-for-the-news-idUSKCN1TC2WV
    The media has a big problem, Reuters Institute says: Who will pay for the news?

https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/why-targeting-millennial-consumers-might-not-be-such-a-hot-idea-after-all/
    Why Targeting Millennial Consumers Might Not Be Such a Hot Idea After All
    A growing body of evidence shows why Gen Y consumers aren't ideal: because many of them are broke

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/drug-to-replace-chemotherapy-may-reshape-cancer-care-1.1271773
    Drug to replace chemotherapy may reshape cancer care

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jun/12/annual-global-index-rates-us-128th-most-peaceful-n/
    Annual global index rates U.S. 128th most peaceful nation on earth
    Iceland is No. 1, some Central American nations did better than America

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2019/06/12/supersonic-speeds-could-cause-big-problems-for-the-f-35s-stealth-coating/
    Supersonic speeds could cause big problems for the F-35′s stealth coating

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/race-become-beyond-meat-fish-080036449.html
    The Race to Become the Beyond Meat of Fish

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/12/most-meat-in-2040-will-not-come-from-slaughtered-animals-report
    Most 'meat' in 2040 will not come from dead animals, says report
    Consultants say 60% will be grown in vats or plant-based products that taste like meat

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Warmer today, with no chance of precipitation. I have a few things on the shopping list for today and some blueberries to deliver.
    Hello Ed
    I hope the delivery went well :smiley:

Wish me Luck Friday
    Colonial Army Rations: Beer Every Day! - Spruce Beer In Early America
    My understanding is that Beer and other alcoholic beverages were a lot safer to drink than the local water. That is why I have a filter straw for emergencies where I could have to drink untreated water.
    The Beyond Burger - Can Plants Really Taste Like Beef? - The Wolfe Pit
    I agree with him, call it a Hamburger replacement. The texture looked funny too, maybe more cooking would have helped ?
    Vietnamese Girls Try Cheeseburgers for the FIRST TIME!!! HUGE Saigon Burger Tour in Vietnam!
    Interesting, FWIW who did not know that McDonalds customs the foods to the locale ? BTW pass on the Charcoal Bun. Most of the video seems to be the man.
    Gear Heads | The Toaster You Need to Get Perfect Toast Every Time
    For me the cheapest toaster as long as it has adjustable time works. Wide Bread, cut it in half and toast each half :smiley:
    Not to mention that if the slot is too wide You are wasting electric heating air. Ease of use, put the bread in and push down the lever :smiley:
    Oven-Dried Fruit For An Easy On-The-Go Snack • Tasty
    Or You could buy a dehydrator and not have to wonder if You are cooking the fruit vs drying it IMO.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello Valerie