TEAM: Gutbusters (June)

Options

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, recumbent bike, 20 minutes, 5.77 miles
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Gutbusters Weekly Challenge:
    Did I have 8 glasses of water today (or my own personal goal)? Yes, 9 glasses!!
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 20 minutes of strength training

Did I have 8 glasses of water today (or my own personal goal)? Yes - 10 glasses
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    inshapeCK
    June Week 3
    PW: 135.7 pounds
    CW: 138.0 pounds

The bad news is I gained 2.3 pounds since last week
    and the previous week I gained 1.5 pounds so in the last 2 weeks I gained 3.8 pounds! OUCH! :s
    2 weeks ago I had arrived at 134.2 pounds
    and was down 35.9 pounds from my highest weight
    but the last 2 weeks I have thrown that loss away but not eating as I should.

The good news is I am still 32.1 pounds down from my highest weight.

I know I can turn things around if I start eating healthier again but if I am honest, I am struggling lately as today I already ate party snack mix and 2 Double Stuff Oreos. However, I am also aware that the old me wouldn't have measured out the snack mix therefore I would've eaten way more and the old me also would've eaten more Oreos so there is still some growth in my behaviour.

Just don't want to lose control so much that I end up in the 140s again as the last time I was in the 140s for an official Wednesday weigh in was March 27th and I told myself I would never go back there so now I have to work harder to make sure I still post a number in the 130s next Wednesday.

Look at how self-reflective you are! Over the last 20 years, I have learned some things about weight loss and food choices and all that jazz. (I lost 40 pounds during college.) It's all a manifestation of your mental health. You are GROWING and changing...it can't be measured on a scale. Thank you for sharing this. I needed to read it. Keep up the great work! You CAN do it.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    You know what is great growth? eating a big (and I mean HUGE) bowl of spaghetti with olive oil and salt and pepper and cheese, logging it and MOVING ON. I needed that tonight (The renovation is compete TOMORROW OMG I GET MY HOUSE BACK!) and it's 50 degrees in JUNE and I needed carbs. Tracked em, no regrets. Thanks for reading my pseudo philosophical food rant. :)
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Lifting, 6 miles walked and 2 miles of running
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, somehow I managed
    Did I have 8 glasses of water today (or my own personal goal)? Oh yeah, in this heat I’m drinking a lot more than usual.

This week has been very hard for me so far because it’s a low mileage running week (only 12 miles all week which last week was what I did for just one of 3 runs) - so I’m back on a calorie deficit. After last week’s splurging I’m not exactly feeling the joy of my current limitations, but have somehow managed. 😑
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Username: Stimpy56
    May June WK 3
    SW: 249.6 Dec 2018
    Previous Weight: 236.5
    Current weight: 236.0

Another 1/2 pound loss, at least I am going in the right direction. Work has been less hectic, so I have been eating better. I have been getting my act together on my eating habits and better meal planning / prep.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@Colleen790
    @Stimpy56 - great work!! :star:

Please post using this template:

Username
    June Week 3
    PW:
    CW:
  • betsymoomoo
    betsymoomoo Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Betsymoomoo
    June Week 3
    PW:223.6
    CW:220

I wasn't as strict with my eating this last week and just focused on getting lots of steps in. Looks like my body just needed a little break!
  • colinwendy91
    colinwendy91 Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Great job, @betsymoomoo! :star: I think I'll go to bed early tonight!! :smiley:

Thanks for dropping by, @colinwendy91! B)
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Colleen790
    June week 3
    PW. 162.9
    CW 161.1
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, I ran 3 miles and did some VR boxing!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, I was able to fit in some treats even.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
    Did I have 8 glasses of water today (or my own personal goal)? Indeedarooni.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Wonderful loss, @Colleen790! :star:

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, recumbent bike, 22 minutes, 6.65 miles
    Did I have 8 glasses of water today (or my own personal goal)? Yes
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Wonderful loss, @Colleen790! :star:

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, recumbent bike, 22 minutes, 6.65 miles
    Did I have 8 glasses of water today (or my own personal goal)? Yes

Thanks Bonnie. It's count down to my sons wedding in 4 weeks. Having a cold for over a week helped I think. The cold tablets cut my appetite. Bonus
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Hi all!
    KeepingTrack1234
    June Week 3
    PW:141.8
    CW:143.6
    I've no idea what is happening--I know I need a new scale. I just can't see that it's possible with my eating and exercise that I have gained 4 pounds since end of May. I feel more like 140-141. I am going to call my doctor today to find out what about a possible Thyroid test? My food diary is open and I exercise daily using Fitness Blender. It's either the scale is wrong or something is wrong with my body! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Good morning! We're closing in on the end of week 3 for June. Some of us are struggling, but if we keep at it, weighing and measuring food properly, getting enough rest, drinking our water, things are bound to change for us. Not sure what's going on, but I'm not going to let it get to me. I'm doing what I know to do and hopefully will see a drop next week. I've kicked around the same few ounces since our Florida trip in May. Discouraging, but not defeating!!

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@deanit
    @fe452436
    @keepingtrack1234 - not a bad idea to have your blood work checked. Hang in there, friend! :heart:
    @robandy12345 – (will weigh in on Sunday)
    @BonnieHosk85

Please post using this template:

Username
    June Week 3
    PW:
    CW:
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    BonnieHosk85
    June Week 3
    PW: 232.9
    CW: 232.9
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    KeepingTrack1234
    June Week 3
    PW:141.8
    CW:143.6
    I've no idea what is happening--I know I need a new scale. I just can't see that it's possible with my eating and exercise that I have gained 4 pounds since end of May. I feel more like 140-141. I am going to call my doctor today to find out what about a possible Thyroid test? My food diary is open and I exercise daily using Fitness Blender. It's either the scale is wrong or something is wrong with my body! Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi Keepingtrack1234, I took a quick look at your food diary, I have a couple of suggestions, (disclaimer, I am no expert). You might want to increase your protein and decrease your sugar/carb intake. I find when I do this, it helps me. Also, maybe take a look at the weeks when you were loosing, has there been any changes in your eating habits? Are you drinking enough water? I also think that it would be a good idea to get your blood work done as you have suggested. I hope all is well with your test results. Happy Friday! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.