TEAM: Flab-U-Less (July)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hi again everyone! Welcome to all of our newcomers. My name is Melinda and I am acting team captain right now. I have been active on mfp since mid-Jan of 2018 and this is my 11th round on the Biggest Loser Challenge. I started at a whopping 315lbs. after quitting an active job, having surgery, starting my own business, and being on very high doses of steroids. I am now down to 233lbs. which is almost where I spent the majority of my adult life. My diary is open for anyone's viewing pleasure and I am willing to help out in any way that I am able. As far as personal life/hobbies: I am married to my high school sweetie for 20 years, no kids, 2 cats. I own a carpet, tile, grout cleaning business which keeps me pretty active and I am nightshift 911. My husband and I build arcade cabinets and program emulators (think old-school Pac-Man), we like Cons, and pretty much anything fantasy or sci-fi. GO TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!!
  • Adriva33
    Adriva33 Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hi everyone. My name is Adri. I've put on quite a lot of weight since my wedding last November and my aim is to lose at least a stone by September when I go on holiday. I would like to feel more confident in my body. :) How does the challange work? Do I post here on Sunday how much weight I've lost? Thanks.
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Hello All, Kristi here. I am so thankful for this Biggest Loser Challenge, has helped me lose 12 pounds and inch closer to my ideal weight. I creeped into the overweight BMI this year after being on some medications and going through a major depressive cycle. Thanks to finding a spinning bike on facebook marketplace and starting MFP again I have gotten back under control. My fitness level has increased dramatically and I feel so much better about myself! Looking forward to crushing my goals in July to be ready for Vacation come August 7!!
  • happy7811
    happy7811 Posts: 154 Member
    Hi everyone.My name is Barb i am a newbie here ,but not on fitness pal.
    I use to follow along with the biggest losers shows lost the weight but when they
    Cancelled show i gained back.then tried off an on on my own but gave up .so this should hold me acountable.
    Good luck to Everyone.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    happy7811 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.My name is Barb i am a newbie here ,but not on fitness pal.
    I use to follow along with the biggest losers shows lost the weight but when they
    Cancelled show i gained back.then tried off an on on my own but gave up .so this should hold me acountable.
    Good luck to Everyone.

Welcome aboard @happy7811!
  • debbie14892
    debbie14892 Posts: 120 Member
    Hi everyone. My name is Debbie, I tend to gain and lose the same 5 or so pounds over and over. 2019 was supposed to be the year that I stopped gaining my average of 10 pounds per year, so far I haven't gained, but I haven't really lost either. I've only managed to lose 5.3 pounds since January 1st. I've recently started C25K AGAIN and power lifting so I'm hoping that the 2nd half of the year is much better than the 1st half. With the help and encouragement of this group I believe that it will happen!!
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Hey everyone! My name is Amy. I have been battling with my weight over the last almost 15 years since having my first child. I have successfully lost 30 pounds several times over the last 6 or 7 years. I fall the wagon and tend to end up gaining more weight each time. I am going to get back on track and stick to it. I need to do this so I can be healthier for my kids as well as wanting to look and feel better when we go on our cruise in January.
  • hellmo1983
    hellmo1983 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Helen. I'm a newbie to challenges and only been on MFP for a couple of months, still trying to figure out the whole micronutrients thing!
    I've tried a number of different diets over the years, it starts to work but then can't maintain my weight loss. I've put on quite a lot of weight over the last year, I am a social worker and find that I am a stress/emotional eater. Think I definitely need others to help me stay on track and encourage me.
  • mram3582
    Hi again everyone! So....Sunday, June 30th., officially kicks off our July Challenge! This challenge runs from June30th to July 27th. So the 1st weigh ins will be those people that chose Sunday as their weigh day. Sorry for the confusion, it keeps things equal.
    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.[/color]

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Your team Captain,
    Melinda @mram3582
  • plummerbecky1
    plummerbecky1 Posts: 72 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hi, my name is Becky and I have been trying to lose weight for a while.. it seems like most of my life...I made it into my 50's and over the 200 mark.. Farther into the Obese category than I want to be....now it is time to really try to get the weight off and get in shape... I do well mostly on the week but I tend to sabotage during the weekend.. I am going to make July atleast a month that I can get back into the 190's even it if is 199.9.

As you see have cats and I have a dog... No 2 legged children .. All my kids have 4 paws. I have been married to my best friend for over 13 years.

I try to crochet to keep my hands busy when not at work so I don't munch my way through the evening
  • seksikissa
    seksikissa Posts: 40 Member
    Hi, I'm new to this challenge but not new to MFP. I've lost ~45 lbs since starting my weight loss journey a little over two years ago. I still have plenty to lose. Since September I've had trouble with gaining and losing the same ~10 lbs, so I'm looking forward to doing this! Hopefully it'll be the push to break me out of the rut I've been in.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm Rhonda. Welcome to all of our new and returning teammates! I'm looking forward to a new month. @mram3582 Please include me in this months "daily post" challenge. I need more accountability if I'm going to win this battle of the bulge! The struggle is real, y'all!

Here's to our victory!
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    Hi all! I'm Mary. I've been working on losing my last 20-25 lbs for a year now. I lost 120 lbs 14 years ago with gastric bypass surgery and have kept it off. I know, a huge accomplishment. In order to manage my Type 2 diabetes, I need to lose these last few lbs.

I joined the Biggest Loser Challenge in Dec. 2018 and have lost 7 lbs. It's been up and down a lot. My July goal is to lose 5 lbs. I'll have to get serious about exercise and keeping my daily calories below 1300 in order to do that.

I'm a humorist and professional speaker - semi-retired and loving my life. We're downsizing to get ready to put our house on the market in September. Translation: LOTSA stress! Translation: Emotional eating! Thanks to the support of team Flab-U-Less and our wonderful captains, it will be easier to get through this. Good luck to all! Let's do this!
  • mram3582
    I'm catching up today on everyone's post. MFP wouldn't let me log on yesterday. I managed to get on for 10 mins before it booted me off again.
  • rekvar12
    rekvar12 Posts: 237 Member
    Hi everyone, I started out borderline obese last October on MFP and lost about 10 kilos since, but in the past couple of months I didn't do well and gained back some of it. So the goal for this month is to go back to where I was in June (at least).
  • happy7811
    happy7811 Posts: 154 Member
    Checking in i hope this right place.
    My goals today for real starting day is. Exercise,strength ,water 8-10 cups i have probles with that siince i am a coffee drinker.an my 3 goal is to stay close to 1250 to1300.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    LenGray
    Week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 266.8
    CW: 267.6
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    Daily post for Sunday, 6/30
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over by 229