Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    fleetwood1 wrote: »
    Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in week: Week 2 of July
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 258
    Today's Weight: 257.4

While just a very small loss, I was happy when I stepped on the scale this morning that I did not gain weight from all the eating and drinking around the July 4th holiday.

That’s great!
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Morning, everyone--and kudos to all for the incredible work we're all doing. I mentioned that I had a miserable day yesterday, fighting inexplicable cravings to snack that I haven't had in MONTHS. On my walk today, I remembered reading about the body's "set point"--the weight at which the body fights ferociously to prevent further weight loss. The hormone that gives us that feeling of satiety and fullness is reduced, fat burning is reduced as our body tries to 'protect' us. Wondering if yesterday I was fighting a battle with myself about my body's set point? Geez....
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 208.8
    Todays Weight: 207.6

:)
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    Morning, everyone--and kudos to all for the incredible work we're all doing. I mentioned that I had a miserable day yesterday, fighting inexplicable cravings to snack that I haven't had in MONTHS. On my walk today, I remembered reading about the body's "set point"--the weight at which the body fights ferociously to prevent further weight loss. The hormone that gives us that feeling of satiety and fullness is reduced, fat burning is reduced as our body tries to 'protect' us. Wondering if yesterday I was fighting a battle with myself about my body's set point? Geez....

I think hormones can influence cravings and I find just being tired really increases my cravings. However, if I crave something over a few days time, I will often give into the craving if a high quality and reasonable portion is available. Hope things turn around for you.
  • KMD1214
    Options

I think hormones can influence cravings and I find just being tired really increases my cravings. However, if I crave something over a few days time, I will often give into the craving if a high quality and reasonable portion is available. Hope things turn around for you.

Better already after a good night’s sleep and some great reading about set points. Thanks for the encouragement! Tomorrow is weigh in day 😳
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options

Better already after a good night’s sleep and some great reading about set points. Thanks for the encouragement! Tomorrow is weigh in day 😳

Brilliant job figuring out that lack of sleep may have been the issue! Thanks @fleetwood1 for pointing at that possibility!

I went off and read a little about the sleep connection. For anyone else interested -- there's a connection to hormones and insulin. Fascinating!
    https://www.webmd.com/diet/sleep-and-weight-loss#1
    "in a review of 18 studies, researchers found that a lack of sleep led to increased cravings for energy-dense, high-carbohydrate foods.
    Sleep deprivation makes you “metabolically groggy," University of Chicago researchers say... So it’s not so much that if you sleep, you’ll lose weight, but that too little sleep hampers your metabolism and contributes to weight gain."
  • KMD1214
    Options

Brilliant job figuring out that lack of sleep may have been the issue! Thanks @fleetwood1 for pointing at that possibility!

I went off and read a little about the sleep connection. For anyone else interested -- there's a connection to hormones and insulin. Fascinating!
    https://www.webmd.com/diet/sleep-and-weight-loss#1
    "in a review of 18 studies, researchers found that a lack of sleep led to increased cravings for energy-dense, high-carbohydrate foods.
    Sleep deprivation makes you “metabolically groggy," University of Chicago researchers say... So it’s not so much that if you sleep, you’ll lose weight, but that too little sleep hampers your metabolism and contributes to weight gain."

Fantastic info! So much enlightenment and education here with the Slimpossibles!
  • KMD1214
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Got this little gif with a message to “be sure to move a little!”

https://images.app.goo.gl/NgtpcPPygugj3sfD7
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Check in
    Monday - under calories but took the day off from workouts

Tuesday
    Calories under - possibly didn’t eat enough early in the day because I was crazy hungry last night
    3 mile run in the heat because I didn’t get up early enough in the morning, plus evening workout group

Wednesday
    So hungry all day! And tired. And frustrated. I feel like I have been so on track and I’m getting nowhere.
    Kickboxing class tonight and that’s it, I’m too tired for a double.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    current weight 218.2

(Sun., Mon., Tue., Wed) Check-in of week 2 July
    Food: all food logged but dragging... some under on calories, some over on calories - sodium has been off the chain
    Water: 6 or 8 average, some days a little better - interestingly, have noted that all water, extra and otherwise, is just staying and not eliminating with the sodium overload
    Exercise: almost none over the past several days

Next Day Goals
    Just - reassess with intention and take positive steps to be on track
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Be mindful and exercise - it will have to be during the day at work
    Drink more water, remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey

This has been a not great week - at all. Sunday we had dinner with friends and I just ate the sausages knowing the sodium would be very high. Monday, high sodium and a 3 hour drive home - Tuesday morning resulted in a significant weight gain that I know is water weight, based on food intake. Still, I have struggled to be at a normal pace all week and not done very well for a myriad of reasons but I know that when I stay focused, I navigate reasons much better. Still very puffy ankles and feel reasonably certain that the retention will remain for several more days and will affect the Friday weigh-in. Well - so it goes. Lagging on logging and not checking in here are definitely factors in not being as focused as needed.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes walking
    Water 104oz
  • KMD1214
    Options
    Username: KMD1214
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 155.8
    Todays Weight: 154.9

Not what I’d hoped for, but going in the right direction!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Username: KMD1214
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 155.8
    Todays Weight: 154.9

Not what I’d hoped for, but going in the right direction!

Brilliant! As you say, you are moving in the right direction! SO delighted for you! 👍🏽🎉💐😊
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes walking
    Water 104oz

What a great day! 😊😊😊😊
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    current weight 218.2

(Sun., Mon., Tue., Wed) Check-in of week 2 July
    Food: all food logged but dragging... some under on calories, some over on calories - sodium has been off the chain
    Water: 6 or 8 average, some days a little better - interestingly, have noted that all water, extra and otherwise, is just staying and not eliminating with the sodium overload
    Exercise: almost none over the past several days

Next Day Goals
    Just - reassess with intention and take positive steps to be on track
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Be mindful and exercise - it will have to be during the day at work
    Drink more water, remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey

This has been a not great week - at all. Sunday we had dinner with friends and I just ate the sausages knowing the sodium would be very high. Monday, high sodium and a 3 hour drive home - Tuesday morning resulted in a significant weight gain that I know is water weight, based on food intake. Still, I have struggled to be at a normal pace all week and not done very well for a myriad of reasons but I know that when I stay focused, I navigate reasons much better. Still very puffy ankles and feel reasonably certain that the retention will remain for several more days and will affect the Friday weigh-in. Well - so it goes. Lagging on logging and not checking in here are definitely factors in not being as focused as needed.

Hang in there! It sounds overall like you are changing course to move in the right direction!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,598 Member
    Options
    I forgot to check in yesterday
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under, I wasn't feeling like lunch so I skipped it. I figure it balances with the day before since I ate too much that day.
    Exercise- elliptical, recumbent bike, weight lifting

Today
    Calories- hopefully under, I'm going out to dinner after a doctor's appointment
    Exercise- recumbent bike if I'm home in time.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I forgot to check in yesterday
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under, I wasn't feeling like lunch so I skipped it. I figure it balances with the day before since I ate too much that day.
    Exercise- elliptical, recumbent bike, weight lifting

Today
    Calories- hopefully under, I'm going out to dinner after a doctor's appointment
    Exercise- recumbent bike if I'm home in time.

What a great day yesterday! I hope the doctor's appointment today goes smoothly.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check in
    Calories: under and 23 net carbs
    Water: over
    Exercise: 50 minute cardio program on the treadmill

Today was a good day and I fasted for just over 19 hours. Tomorrow night we are going to dinner at the bosses house and I have no idea what will be on the menu. This will be one of those times when I will just have to eat what I'm given and deal with it. I do plan to fast as long as I can tomorrow and keep it to no carbs before the dinner to help balance out my new plan. I got this!! B)
  • KMD1214
    Options
    Thursday Check in

I got this!! B)

You are amazing!!!!!
  • melissa2013m
    melissa2013m Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I need to drop out from challenge due to person reasons. Sorry
This discussion has been closed.