• Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Username: Connie7355
    Weigh in week: week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 183
    Current Weight: 182.8
    Really didn’t have too bad a week but completely blew it last Saturday so spent the rest of the week losing what I gained then. When will I learn??
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Really didn’t have too bad a week but completely blew it last Saturday so spent the rest of the week losing what I gained then. When will I learn??
    This is hard. It takes a lot of mistakes to get there - at least you spent the week losing what you gained! Other times we have all kept on gaining. This is a win!
  • jugar
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    Username: leni1us
    Week: August Week 4
    Weigh in Day, Friday
    PW: 166.9
    CW: 168.0
    This month has been a challenge all the way around. I've eaten out more than I usually do (business meetings, work related travel, retirement parties, etc). I've also have some medical issues that have taken my focus away from what I'm eating. I wanted to go into September at 160. Guess that ain't gonna happen.
    It seems to be a tough month for many people. I was amazed that the first week of August was the first time since I have been involved in this challenge that the full group gained over the week rather than lost. There were some who lost for sure, but as a whole group of 6 teams, around 20-25 members per team, we gained. I think there is something about the summer feeling like it is ending, the fall beginning soon (at least up here in the north!), vacations ending - it is a time that gets us. Work hard in September to get below that 160 goal. Try @micki48 's beautiful thing with paper rings for each weight unit you lose (you get to go burn them if you want!) or whatever inspiring tracking method helps. You'll get there! Just posting this message so we know you need some support is the right move. I hope your medical issues are being resolved and that you can put your health and fitness on the top of the list. Comfort eating usually results in discomfort or regret. You can do this! Keep in touch <3
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Im sitting here freaking out about weighing in tomorrow, I had such a great loss last week and I am hoping for something tomorrow in ways of a loss. My mind keeps telling me that I wouldn't see a loss after a 5 pound loss last week. Now all I want to do is eat, but I won't. This is sooooo hard. Sorry for complaining.
  • jugar
    Options
    Im sitting here freaking out about weighing in tomorrow, I had such a great loss last week and I am hoping for something tomorrow in ways of a loss. My mind keeps telling me that I wouldn't see a loss after a 5 pound loss last week. Now all I want to do is eat, but I won't. This is sooooo hard. Sorry for complaining.
    You are NOT complaining. You are having a good rant! You don't need a solution (you know what to do), but you need to be heard. Well, you are heard, and I have to say your rant rates about a 6 out of 10. Really go for it, no holds barred, no apologies. It is HORRIBLE that we celebrate a weight loss with the behaviour that caused the weight gain. What on EARTH is WRONG with our wiring???? We all want to do this - you are far, far from alone. This is indeed SO HARD. You will feel amazing when you do not give in to the wiring, but it happens and so does the learning. If you need some rather over the top but suprisingly helpful motivation energy, listen to "Headphones On, World Off" from Fearless Motivation, or some other thing that helps remind you why this is the best path to be on.

Weigh in boldly tomorrow, and then get in here and rant daily. You had a great week last week, and you can take a small hit this week to get back to a better one next week. Right?
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP FOR SATURDAY WEIGH-INS!
    There are still a few Friday people yet to check in, but here are the Saturday folks:
    @evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @Terytha
    @SueSueDio
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    You are NOT complaining. You are having a good rant! You don't need a solution (you know what to do), but you need to be heard. Well, you are heard, and I have to say your rant rates about a 6 out of 10. Really go for it, no holds barred, no apologies. It is HORRIBLE that we celebrate a weight loss with the behaviour that caused the weight gain. What on EARTH is WRONG with our wiring???? We all want to do this - you are far, far from alone. This is indeed SO HARD. You will feel amazing when you do not give in to the wiring, but it happens and so does the learning. If you need some rather over the top but suprisingly helpful motivation energy, listen to "Headphones On, World Off" from Fearless Motivation, or some other thing that helps remind you why this is the best path to be on.

Weigh in boldly tomorrow, and then get in here and rant daily. You had a great week last week, and you can take a small hit this week to get back to a better one next week. Right?

@jugar
    Thanks for listening, I just get into my head sometimes and I don't always like it up there. I stuck to my guns and I did have a good week. Down for the week. I just need to stop worrying about what my numbers are going to be on Saturday mornings. It's easier said than done, but I am going to try. Also I think about is what I am eating and will it effect me badly on the scale. Thank you again for your kind words and allowing me to get to of my head and vent. Thanks again.
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    matthewsfive
    August Week 4
    PW:202.4
    CW:201.2

I did good, I just have to keep out of my own head when it comes closer to weighing in and take the number on the scale no matter what it is.
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PW 208
    CW 208
  • jugar
    Options
    matthewsfive
    August Week 4

I did good, I just have to keep out of my own head when it comes closer to weighing in and take the number on the scale no matter what it is.

So close to the 100's!!!! It is indeed a scary place inside one's own head sometimes... <3
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in: 228.8

Ahhhhhh, finally. It's not a lot, but another tens place reached, and 43 total pounds.

Happy Saturday! I slept until noon. Haven't done that since I was 17. Just goes to show how badly I needed it I guess.

Tonight we have a Weird Al Yankovic concert! It's the strings attached tour with the full orchestra so we're gonna get all dressed up. XD
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Saturday weigh in: 228.8

Ahhhhhh, finally. It's not a lot, but another tens place reached, and 43 total pounds.

Happy Saturday! I slept until noon. Haven't done that since I was 17. Just goes to show how badly I needed it I guess.

Tonight we have a Weird Al Yankovic concert! It's the strings attached tour with the full orchestra so we're gonna get all dressed up. XD
    Good for you! both for the loss and for the magic ability to sleep until noon. You must have been exhausted. And Weird Al!! You will have a blast - he's brilliant at living up to his name, and I'll bet the live shows are terrific. Have fun!

All right, everyone - last weigh-ins for the week need to be in tonight, or at least before 7 am Eastern tomorrow! I'll see you on the other side of the tallies. Have a great rest of Saturday, and sleep well tonight B)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Week 3
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 196.5
    CW 198.2 😢🤦🏻‍♀️😮
  • micki48
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Today ends a week of not being mindful with my eating, not logging every bite, not getting in my steps which resulted in a gain of 1.7 pounds. I don’t feel good. So it’s not even satisfying to have over eaten.

Makes me sad that I ruined/reversed my success of the last two weeks. Getting back on the right track right this minute. This is for me!

Now to catch up with everyone on here.
  • Connie7355
    Options
    @micki48 a lot of us have been struggling lately but one week does not ruin everything we have accomplished so far. Sometimes a little break helps give you the push you need to get serious again. You have done so well and you know what it takes to do this. The main thing for me has been logging every bite whether I’m on plan or not. It definitely makes you mindful of how much you’re eating.
    You can do this!! I know you can!!
    Sending you hugs!!
  • micki48
    Options
    matthewsfive
    August Week 4

Congratulations 🎉 You are so close. I know you can do it. I’m here cheering you on.👏🏼👏🏼
  • micki48
    Options

Congratulations on your loss Connie. You are definitely not alone. This teammate keeps trying to learn that over and over. And I even gained. Glad you lost. I’ve noticed when I have a really great week, I tend to blow it the following week. If I didn’t know better, I’d think I was purposely sabotaging myself. But, why would I do that?
  • Connie7355
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

Congratulations on your loss Connie. You are definitely not alone. This teammate keeps trying to learn that over and over. And I even gained. Glad you lost. I’ve noticed when I have a really great week, I tend to blow it the following week. If I didn’t know better, I’d think I was purposely sabotaging myself. But, why would I do that?

Thank you! I do that too sometimes and have no idea why either. I have a bad habit of having a cheat day on Saturday and then have problems getting back with it or overdo it so much on Saturday I spend the next week losing what I gained like I did this last week. I struggle when we eat out. Feel like I can’t eat all day so I can eat whatever I want to later at a restaurant. So by the time we are there I want to eat everything in sight. Ahhhh why can’t this be easier?? LOL.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN:

Username = @evangsimmons170
    Week = August Week 4
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday (8/24/19)
    PW = 342.8
    CW = 342.2

3s5wgq0xuysy.png
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Today ends a week of not being mindful with my eating, not logging every bite, not getting in my steps which resulted in a gain of 1.7 pounds. I don’t feel good. So it’s not even satisfying to have over eaten.

Makes me sad that I ruined/reversed my success of the last two weeks. Getting back on the right track right this minute. This is for me!

Now to catch up with everyone on here.

@micki48
    you go this, you can do it. we are all here to cheer you on.
This discussion has been closed.