WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thought you might like some pictures. :)
    Sorry for the not awesome quality.

Bein' fancy.
    nhv51ctnalmg.jpg

Tacky, with Weird Al sitting on some lady's lap.
    kd0l6gucqn87.jpg

Star Wars!
    6uwh1l0ylxak.jpg
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Username: Connie7355
    Weigh in week: week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 183
    Current Weight: 182.8
    Really didn’t have too bad a week but completely blew it last Saturday so spent the rest of the week losing what I gained then. When will I learn??

Congratulations on your loss Connie. You are definitely not alone. This teammate keeps trying to learn that over and over. And I even gained. Glad you lost. I’ve noticed when I have a really great week, I tend to blow it the following week. If I didn’t know better, I’d think I was purposely sabotaging myself. But, why would I do that?

I'm also really struggling at the moment. I've gone back to old habits and been binging on biscuits etc. It does feel to me like I sabotage myself and the more I do it, the harder it gets to get out of the rut, like a vicious cycle. Why do I keep doing this?
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Here are my steps if they can be used yet. I am still trying to figure this tracker out. I am not sure which days I gave so starting over.
    Steps:
    Sun - 7236
    Mon - 12309
    Tues - 4894
    Wed - 10088
    Thur - 8437
    Fri - 1681
    Sat - 6624

• kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Weigh in - Sunday
    CW - 130
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAMS
    WEEK 4 MODS CHALLENGE HAS BEEN POSTED
    "TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT"
    CHECK IT OUT HERE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761233/week-4-mod-challenge-take-your-best-shot/p1?new=1
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    WEEK 3 IS IN THE BOOKS
    SO HERE WE GO

icahe8f69658.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 10.4 pounds OR 0.04% !!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Weight No More 0.28%
    INDIVIDUAL % brysonlights 2.19%
    TEAM LBS LOST Weight No More 12.2
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST brysonlights 5.0

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 0.28%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.20%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.19%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST

1st Weight No More 12.2
    2nd Workout Warriors 7.5
    3rd Shrinking Assets 6.9

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @brysonlights 2.19%
    2nd @Arc130 1.95%
    3rd @holmesp603 1.87%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @brysonlights 5.0
    2nd @Arc130 4.1
    3rd. @amytriesww 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@amytriesww
    @melissafeagins
    @raleighgirl09
    @CaydensMommy
    @guitargirl55
    @hope002
    @Timibotkin
    @kx7003
    @Beka3695

GREAT JOB EVERYONE HOORAH!!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Good morning..

My discipline has been lacking a bit as well. But I’ve managed to not gain too much this month. My stomach’s been off from taking NSAIDs. So I am off them… The doctor tells me it will take another week or two perhaps to get back to normal.

I think it is kind of normal for motivation to ebb and flow. One of the books I am following suggests that when we are in a low motivation period, or perhaps events or events are conspiring against us, to give ourselves a little space to maintain (notice the emphasis is on maintain not gain!)..
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 157.6
    Current weight: 157.3
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Steps for this week. A high and some lows. 2oekrijualma.jpeg
  • micki48
    Options
    I am down, unofficially, on the scale today. Wew! I have weighed and logged everything. Now for a little worship and getting in some exercise.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Thought you might like some pictures. :)
    Sorry for the not awesome quality.

Bein' fancy.
    nhv51ctnalmg.jpg

Tacky, with Weird Al sitting on some lady's lap.
    kd0l6gucqn87.jpg

Star Wars!
    6uwh1l0ylxak.jpg
    These are wonderful! You look fabulous in your fancies (and the great smile!). Looks like it was quite the blast. Thanks for posting these!

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
    ONCE AGAIN rm4ruja77goj.png

I HAVE MADE A POSTING IN THE MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT DISCUSSION GROUP ON THE COMMUNITY PAGE
    PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE AND DROP IN AND ADD TO THE POST SO WE CAN KEEP OUR GROUP ON THE TOP AND THE FIRST ONE THE VISITORS SEE.
    HERE IS THE LINK TO THAT PAGE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761251/are-you-capable-of-believing/p1?new=1
    THANKS
    GREG
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    Another thing I do to maintain motivation, and I know this isn’t for everyone, is to weigh myself daily. But wait for it!

I don’t react to daily fluctuations. I put them into a trended spreadsheet. Keeps me calm when I’m up from one day to next.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Challenge from Shrinking Assets
    This week is going to be about what makes us happy or thankful. Let’s make a list of those items. But how long is the list going to be? Well, it’s all about your age. Add the 2 numbers of your age together. For example, I am 55, so 5+5=10. My list will have 10 things that make me happy or thankful. Everyday take a few items from your list and share it with the your teammates.
  • jugar
    Options
    Another thing I do to maintain motivation, and I know this isn’t for everyone, is to weigh myself daily. But wait for it!

I don’t react to daily fluctuations. I put them into a trended spreadsheet. Keeps me calm when I’m up from one day to next.

I do the same. When I am feeling that I am off track, I'll skip and then I know I am off track! But it really helps to get on there daily and put it all in perspective. Weirdly better than once a week.
  • jugar
    edited August 2019
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    @jugar I'd like you to remove me from the challenge group, please - you can put me on the "cheer squad" if you'd like, but I won't be participating for the foreseeable future.

You are all a fabulous bunch of people, and I wish you all the best with your goals!

I thought that this group would be a good thing for me, as motivation to get back on track, but it's not working out that way. What's happening instead is that I just feel crushing guilt and failure when I don't lose (or worse, like this week, gain). I'm not a competitive person, so wanting to beat someone else isn't motivating to me. The feeling of letting my team down (regardless of whether anyone else feels like I'm doing so) is depressing me even further than I already am. I'm just not in the right place mentally for this kind of group right now, and I think that it's unfortunately harming more than helping at this point. (Not the fault of the group or any individual, don't get me wrong, it's just not working for me at the moment.)

What I intend to do is step away from the forums completely and only use my food diary - the forums in general are a place that just makes me angry at "all the dumb" out there currently, and it would be better for me to avoid them all together. I know that if I pop in to check on a group or a couple of threads, I'll be tempted to "just have a quick peek" elsewhere while I'm here and I'll be spending hours browsing threads that just annoy me again before you know it!

I'm going to reread the awesome stickied posts, and go back to basics. Very small goals, very small changes, one little step at a time. I did it before and I can do it again, but I think it's something I need to work through on my own for now.

I want to thank everyone here for welcoming me into the group with open arms, I appreciate you all and wish you nothing but success!

*lots of hugs*

Sue
    I am so glad you posted this and did not just disappear. I know there have been long periods in my past almost 8 years of loss and maintenance where just tracking ONLY for myself was the best thing. I could not face groups or competition of any kind. You are so smart to know this and to see how it works best for you right now. If you ever think a team could work for you some time later, we'll be here. Thanks for giving it a try and for discovering (successfully!) one way that did not work for you. Keep eliminating those, and what is left is what DOES work! Any time you want to come back, just go to the sign up page. Best of luck to you <3
  • micki48
    Options
    @Andreabroadley I often weigh myself daily. It helps me to see the rhythms of my body. For a while, I noticed Tuesdays were my high days. It’s shifted a bit, but I do know that just because I’m up on Thursday doesn’t mean I will be on Saturday weigh in. It can help.

Happy to also report I got myself to the gym for an hour and logged ever SINGLE bite, including that 1 fry I ate off my husband’s plate at lunch.

Have a great week friends!!! I intend to. ~M
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @Andreabroadley I also have been weighing myself daily and keeping a daily log. I think you’re right, it does help to see the trends.
    @micki48 good job getting right back at it and congrats on your unofficial weigh in!!
    @SueSueDio we will miss you but wish You the best of luck!!

My husband and I sell antiques at a flea market twice a year and have one coming up beginning Wednesday and running through Sunday this week. It’s always a challenge to eat right during this time so wish me luck! I do usually get in a lot of steps so that should help! Hope you all have a great week!!
This discussion has been closed.