• twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Twyla77
    Week 4
    Weigh in day: Sunday August 26
    Previous Weight: 129.8
    Todays Weight: 129.4

i’m so sorry for this late weigh-in! i was sick for 3 days last week and i’m just playing catch up now!

feeling a bit better now, need to get back on track!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    September thread is up and running... Feel free to introduce yourself. Keep weigh ins and posts on this thread until 09/01.
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Phoebe112476
    Tuesday
    Week 4
    PW: 163.6
    CW: 163.5

Maintenance continues, about 10-15 pounds too early : )
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in
    Food: Ugh!
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: not even PT but playing a lot with a 2 year old...
    Steps-4100

I just am not doing well with the combination of the visitors and the windy weather. They will leave tonight but I am starting now with getting back to eating healthy. It is not their fault, I take total responsibility for my actions or lack of. I am also getting out on the bike as soon as I get off here. Windy or not, I will go as far as I can. I also am going to try to take Daisy out but she is not a fan of the wind either Lol! I am not really happy how my summer has gone, I put on weight instead of lost, I wasn't as active because of my hip and now the summer is over. I am trying not to dwell on it but it is hard. I need to look forward and plan from now moving on.

Hope everyone is doing well. We are getting a little quiet!

@Mrsbell8well Love the pictures! I always love seeing everyone's pictures. What a beautiful place! You and Molly are looking good too! Dinner looks so yummy! It is like you have gourmet meals all the time!
    @carlsoda I am glad you are trying to figure out what was going on rather than beating yourself up over it. These slip ups are opportunities to learn. I am wondering if at home you keep the food relatively healthy and what you have on plan and at work you have easier access to food so you can grab it when you are stressed?
    @amytriesww That was beautiful what you wrote at the end. I think we all forget how lucky we are at times. I need to keep that front and center. You really are doing amazing! xo
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    ooxjsaf6o3jb.jpeg

The September thread is here! Go over and introduce yourself. We will be on this thread until Saturday evening when our weigh in week ends.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761632/weight-no-more-team-chat-september-2019#latest
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I am going to try and post more maybe that will help keep me more accountable.

My husband and I go to the gym together every morning early, 6a.m., and get some exercise. He walks around the track and does three miles and sometimes an extra lap or two. I walk on the treadmill on M,W,F and do weight machines on T and Thur. I also am doing a step challenge with my daughter and son in law. Yesterday I had 10,250 steps and so far today I am on track with 5,216 and it isn't even noon yet.

Food is up and down. Yesterday was good and I was under my calorie goal. Doing okay today and hope to be under again today.

Water daily is not very good. It is not my favorite thing and I have trouble getting very much in. I know this is a great tool but I have always struggled with it. Working to be better.
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557

Checking in on Tuesday. Monday, I was a little low for calories, but walked a lot.
    I have to balance foot and knee pain versus walking a lot. My friend said today that we should start swimming again, that is much better on my joints.
    I had an awesome workout today with my Trainer John. We worked out on the TRX. Bands. Every inch of my body is dog tired, how awesome is that.
    I ate my new favorite Healthy Choice power bowl Adobe Chicken. 26 grams of protein, 38 carbs (red quinoa, Brown and red rice, black barley) and 8 grams of fiber.
    I am biting the bullet and going for my blood test tomorrow. I have worked hard and lost 36 pounds since my last blood test. Fingers crossed that my sugar levels have dropped to normal, they were just a few points away.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks @sleepymom5 I am feeling good! :)
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Monday
    Food: Logged, Over
    Water: Great
    Exercise & steps: 30 minute dog walk, 90 minute yoga class; 10,098 steps

My check ins are becoming later as mornings have been busy. After a weekend of not logging and eating what I want when I want, I got back to logging yesterday. I didn't eat unhealthy junk but I just have no idea how many calories I consumed or whether it was balanced. I know there were a lot of carbs involved. Sunday afternoon I tried a new recipe for appetizers that became my dinner. They were so tasty and dinner was over including dishes and kitchen cleaned before 5:00 p.m. Gave me time to finish a few chores... I even folded clothes the same day I washed them!! I thought I might get hungry again but I didn't. Thinking it may become a new Sunday trend as it felt so good knowing at the end of the day all the chores were done and I could go to bed feeling less rushed and more relaxed.

Yesterday was a pretty good day although I was a little over on calories. I felt extra hungry all day but I think its either hormones or because of the yard work I did over the weekend. A little low on steps at the end of the day so I walked a few laps around our circle drive to get to 10,000. Its a good thing the neighbors can't see me walking around in circles LOL I seem to keep gaining and losing the same couple of pounds... I had such high expectations for August but I just wasn't seriously committed over the long haul. Can't believe its already the end of the month.

Has anyone heard from @cyndiesstuff?? I hope she's OK...
    @sleepymom5 I'm in PA just for the long weekend. If I find myself there for an extended period again it would be fun to meet up!
    What a wonderful family photo @lennoncpa!

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 I sent Cyndie a personal message yesterday and have not heard anything. I hope she is ok too. Good job on getting back on track. What did you make for appetizers?
    @sleepymom5 I love love love the September picture. How beautiful. I think your "ugh" on food says it all. It made me laugh. I love walking in the wind. Biking...not so much.
    @Barbb1557 glad you had a great workout. I love to swim too.
    @jedaschultz it's really nice that your family is involved with your fitness. Great time to get re motivated. And the daily check ins always help me as well.
    @amytriesww I really loved your gratitude awareness as well. Really sweet and so true that we have so many blessings.
    @phoebe112476 yeah that happens. about 3 times on my weight loss journey I got stuck on plateaus. Then it became more of a mental thing to break them. I had to get very creative.
    @twyla77 hope you are feeling better.
    @carlsoda I agree with Pam on your reflections. Your doing a great job. I tried to think what that would feel like if I gave in to the junk at my work. It would scare me. But it also has lost it's appeal now that I have gone so long with clean eating.
    But...I made the most amazing fresh raspberry sponge cake for my team today as one of the rewards they earned. I was up late baking it. I used organic wholesome ingredients but I was shocked at how much butter and sugar it was made with. I thought for sure it would be sickeningly sweet. But no it was not. It was just pure divine deliciousness. I also packed fresh strawberries, yogurt and sliced almonds for my treat. I ate a bit of cake but not as much as I would have. I really do love to cook and bake. Now that I am at goal I put food prizes out for my team when they hit certain goals. They are now playing for a peach pie.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone. Thanks for all the positive comments on my family photo. When I see it I realize just how short I am! And even one of my sons said, everyone in the photo is short!!! Anyways- my mom always said “ good things come in small packages!”
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    We have decided to celebrate our anniversary this week in W Va. have never been there so will be interesting to see. I will try to remember to weigh in one day late on Saturday. "See" you all in September. Have a good week and long weekend.
  • sleepymom5
    edited August 2019
    Options
    My guests are gone now and I have a couple of days to myself before the next bunch starts arriving on Thursday. I am not happy how things went as I said earlier. I am making a plan and sticking with it for the Labor Day weekend. I can't afford to keep this up any longer. Tomorrow I have an early PT so I will be checking in later in the day. Hope everyone has a good night!

@twyla77 I am sorry to hear you were sick. Hope you are feeling better soon! Hugs!
    @phoebe112476 Sometimes you level out before you start losing again. Hang in there. How are things going?
    @jedaschultz It is helpful to check in daily or at least as much as you can. You seem to be in a great routine for exercising. Now to focus on your eating. If you have a plan you can't stick with, maybe try to make one that you can stick with. Making small changes make a difference. The same with water, just try to get a little more in each day and gradually increase it.
    @Barbb1557 I love that you and your friend work out together. The pool is a great idea, especially if you have issues with your joints. I have heard that TRX workout is amazing! I am not surprised you are feeling it! Lol! Sounds like you are doing great between the workouts and what you are eating! Keep it going girl!! Good luck at the blood test tomorrow!
    @nstephenson01 That is exactly how I feel, like I am not committed enough. I think we need to take time to remember why we need to do this and recommit. You have come so far and are close to goal. You can do this. I also have texted Cyndie twice and haven't heard back. I hope everything is ok too. She never has gone this long without checking in. Next time you are in PA I would love to meet up with you! I wouldn't even mind traveling to where you are, I don't want you to waste any precious time with your hubs. Enjoy visiting with him this weekend!
    @Mrsbell8well I would think sponge cake would be tricky to make. Sounds yummy!
    @lennoncpa You do look tiny next to your sons Lol! I agree, Great things come in small packages!
    @pacsnc6 Happy Anniversary! Enjoy West Virginia! It is a beautiful state. My son's went to college there. Would you like me to get you an excused weigh in so you don't have to worry about weighing in
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    zada7oyopzbl.jpeg

Wednesday's Weigh In
    @Barbb1557

Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @ljdanny
    @nstephenson01
    @cyndiesstuff
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    daily checkin

I had a good day yesterday. I am feeling a lot better about myself. I have divided my waking hours into 3 hour slots so instead of having to 'be good' for the whole day. I have to 'be good for 3 hours. I feel so much better today so I need to hold on to how good it feels not to have a sugar hang over.

We are getting ready to go away for the weekend I am so excited. As long as I can eat when hungry and not over eat I will stay the same this week and then work towards losing again when I am back.

I will try to post but it will be from my phone and that is not very reliable. I will also have to post my weight on Tuesday as I won't be back home until late on Monday evening. I hope that is ok. I want 1 good day to follow another.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @amsandos so glad you have found something new to try. We all need hope. Have a wonderful weekend.
    @sleepymom5 glad you have a few days to regroup. And a plan for Labor Day. What’s your plan?
    @pacsnc6 happy anniversary!
    What will you be doing in WV?

I had my doctors appointment yesterday regarding my elevated liver enzymes. It’s been a year since my last visit. My doctor was shocked at the change in me. I told her about MFP and F2F. And about all my physical activities. She said she wished I could talk to her patients. As far as my liver, she said to wait a month and check it again. Will also test me for hepatitis C but since I’m clean eating and feeling great she didn’t seem too concerned. She also said I was in the normal weight range. I can’t recall a doctor telling me that before. I’m so thrilled!
    It’s 6:17 am and Molly and I are planning to ride at 6:30 but it is so dark out. Maybe 6:45. We have 6 weeks left to get ready for our 34 miler. We’re getting a bit nervous but excited.
    Work is really going well now that they are focused on earning food rewards. One teammate is posting the pics on Facebook. Her friends want to work for me lol.
    Have a great day everyone.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    j4s82g8aocgw.jpeg
    Fresh raspberry sponge cake.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!!

OK first off.... @Mrsbell8well - yum your sponge cake looks beautiful! Baking is so fun!!

Yesterday was another day of struggles, but I'm not giving up! I'll get this figured out! I listened to a few podcasts while I worked yesterday, only getting about 1/2 of it, but managed to write down some good notes. For me what really hit was when Corinne said to be curious. I need to be curious as to why I feel hungry and need something sweet. One day it will hit me and I'll have the right answer. But for now, I keep journaling!

Also, sorry for not really being present in the group. My time has been focusing on this possible house we are looking at. Going for a 3rd showing later this week and almost ready to put an offer in. There's quite a bit of work to be done (that's why it's such a great deal!) but we can handle it and we can see the possibilities. It's a small 1930's house but with knocking out a wall here and there we can open it up and make it feel more spacious. It's only a 2 bedroom but we can build a "she" shed on the property and put in bunk beds for the kids to come and visit. Of course this would all be contingent on the house being structurally sound aka home inspection! But if it is, it's just a lot of cosmetic stuff that needs to be done..painting inside and out, a few windows to replace, new doors, new flooring etc. All fun projects :)

But..the biggest draw is the land...2 beautiful spacious acres with lots of trees and grass. There is something amazing about owning land! (and no houses around within eye site!)

Have a really good day!!!

• Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @carlsoda such excitement about your home. Would love to see pictures if you decide to move forward.

My weight this morning was 144.6. I am up a few and still determined to get back to 142 by September 1st. I will keep you posted. August was meant to be a fun exploring month of what I can and cannot do. I have plans to lose down to 141 in September and am already getting my head focused back on what that means to me. For me personally that means no alcohol no baked goodies. But it's not forever. Just a few short weeks. October is my birthday and we have exciting plans. I will consider the rest of the year good to keep it at the 141 then down to 140 in January. That's the plan!
This discussion has been closed.