WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6, that I’m not sure about. Last month was the first time I ever used the Challenge part and it helped me do more than I typically would have. Whenever I ride my bike I use Strava and that syncs to my watch, I know there is a swim feature on there but I’m not sure if you would have to have a device with you or not.
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    For anyone else that would like to join!

You have been invited to compete in ''September F2F Challenge ''!

First, download Challenges:
    http://apple.co/29WoKbl

Once you have the app, enter invite code: 'e3dp' or tap on the link below to join:

https://loseit.com/challenges-invite?&eligibilitycode=e3dp
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    m509yx0wtlvv.jpeg

I just have to take a minute to acknowledge the biggest losers this week and month-
    This week overall-@amytriesww came in 3rd place for pounds lost.
    @amytriesww and @Barbb1557 both with honorable mentions

This week for Team Weigh No More-@amytriesww, @Barbb1557 and @hope002 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!

For the month of August- Team Weight No More came in 2nd for pounds and percentage lost!
    @amytriesww came in 1st place overall for pounds and percentage lost!
    @Barbb1557 came in 2nd place overall for pounds and percentage lost!
    Also for the month @timibotkin got an honorable mention!

For our team for the entire month of August- @amytriesww, @Barbb1557 and @timibotkin for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place! Awesome job Ladies!!
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Barbb1557
    Checking in. For the newer members I am in my 60s with 2 boys 30 and 28 and one daughter in law and a fabulous granddaughter who is almost 2.

I attended a Bare Naked Ladies and Hootie and the Blowfish concert Friday night in Hershey PA. It was outstanding, we pre gamed with lots of drinks and Jello shots and I was able to drink my water and eat the grains and greens salad I brought and one cracker with some horseradish cheese, Yum.
    I was standing and dancing most if the concert but never stopped sweating for five hours. It really took a toll on my body wth very very low BP and headaches on Saturday, I drank tons of water and missed my kayaking experience but feel so much better today. It took all I had yesterday to not drive to the store which is half a mile from my house and buy hot buffalo wing flavored pretzels. I made it. I went out to lunch with friends today and got a hamburger with mushrooms and swiss cheese, no bun. I have the bag of chips to my friend and had a small bite of coleslaw
    I sent a text to my son and daughter in law telling them I wanted to take my grand daughter and them out for ice cream this holiday weekend. I should be able to say no to the ice cream, I really want to watch my grand daughter attack her cone.
    Enjoy the Holiday everone!

Cassiegetsfit2013. I am 35 pounds away from the 200 mark and am consumed with weighing less than 200. Good luck!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Twyla77
    Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday Sept 1
    Previous Weight: 129.4
    Todays Weight: 129.8
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @Barbb1557 That sounded like such a fun night! The next day sounded awful though. I know what a horrible feeling that is. I am sorry you missed your kayaking but glad you feel better now. Hope you got to take your little grandchild out for some ice cream on this last Unofficial Weekend of summer.
    @Cafelelia I am so happy you are not only back with us but that you are willing to be a co captain! We are lucky to have you! Thank you for helping us out!
    @twyla77 Looks like you are maintaining. I know you must be close to where you want to be. The closer you are, the slower it seems to come off. Hope all is well!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    4dq0kzncj73f.jpeg
    Monday's Weigh Ins
    @Amsandos
    @gottagetthisdown
    @jedaschultz
    Tuesday's Weigh In
    @Phoebe112476
    Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @Barbb1557
    @GingerPwr
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Gottagetthisdown
    Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 164.4
    Todays Weight: 163
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia hooorahhhh!!!! Thank you so much Lisa!!!!

We’re off to a hike. Will catch up later.
    Have an awesome day everyone!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Great News! Thank you Lisa @Cafelelia for stepping up. I look forward to getting to know you and working together! Never hesitate to stop by the Captains Lounge chat if you have questions or things that need to be done with the spreadsheets. As soon as I have your email address (preferably gmail if you have more than one...) I'll send you the invite to the sheets so you can edit. Enjoy!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Wow take 1 day off from reading and suddenly there are posts and posts to read 😁

@cafelelia - thank you for helping Pam out!

Saturday and Sunday check in

Both good days for food
    Not as good for water
    And plenty of exercise

We’ve been working at home getting ready to potentially list the house and will continue into next week. Saturday was cleaning up outside. Sunday we went for a long walk with son and daughter in law then helped my in-laws with clearing out their house, they are closing on Thursday.

Today’s plan is to work on the basement area and hubs came up with a great idea. We have a number of large pieces we wouldn’t take with us if we moved and we’ll walk around and note then, then if our offer is accepted he will get rid of them. Goodwill will be getting a lot of stuff. Oh and our real estate agent is coming out later this afternoon or tonight to talk strategy for our offer. Please no one else sweep in and buy our house first - prayers appreciated!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Check in for: Sunday
    Logged food: no and I am sure over
    Water: not enough
    Steps or exercise: 5,767 steps . no exercise

This holiday weekend hasn't been the best. I am way up in weight but good news is, I am back at it today as everyone has left. They wanted to beat the traffic home. Today I am just going to clean and will be focused on me. I have a crazy week coming up. I will be back and forth from Philly to the shore because of appointments. I have PT to the end of September down at the shore so I have to be here Tuesdays and Thursdays and I have to get MK from college to her counseling appointments on Wednesdays. I also still have guests coming through September but nothing like the summer.
    I think I pushed it with my hip this weekend. I really thought I was improving but yesterday and this morning I feel like I am back at square one. I did rest it yesterday but forgot to do my exercises for PT. Today I am not going to do anything but walk Daisy and clean. I would go on my bike but there is a lot of traffic with everyone leaving after the holiday weekend. I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend if they are celebrating Labor day! Everyone else, have a great day!

@gottagetthisdown Nice loss! Great start to the month! Are you still seeing the nutritionist?
    @Mrsbell8well Enjoy that hike!!
    @carlsoda Buying/selling a house is exciting/nerve wracking! I am so excited for you! Sending prayers and hugs! Keeping my fingers crossed too! xo
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    93g2vpg9mfgs.jpeg

Time to set our goals for September Team Weight No More! Some of our team already have but the rest of us need to think of where we want to be at the end of September. Let's set those goals Ladies!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    I have been pushing them off so I will go first.

Lose 5 lbs
    Start getting into a routine with Strength training my upper body. I do a lot of lower body with PT.
    Work on overeating and eating until satisfied.
    Continue with my small, daily goals I have been successful with for the most part-at least 64 oz water, log food, at least 6K steps, exercise at least 30 min.
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Debbie. I'm 56, married 35 years and have two daughters. Our oldest is 29 and has special needs and lives with us. Our youngest is married and lives in the next state over. We live in Central Illinois and I stay home and am the caregiver for our daughter. I have been trying to lose weight now for quite some time. I'm great at recording everything however it usually is way over my limit. Here are my goals:

Today - stay within my calories, drink my water
    Week - Stay within my calories and be good while traveling
    Month - lose 3 pounds
    Year - lose 10 by the end of the year.

I do well with my exercise(step challenges with my daughter and son in law most weeks, I usually lose but stay close to them). I also go to the gym with my husband every morning during the work week. I walk on M,W,F and do weight machines on T,Th. Sleeping is hard for me and I rarely get enough. Writing down my food I do great with and do it faithfully every day with everything I eat, I just eat too much and too many snacks.

Username: jedaschultz
    Week: 1
    Weight in day: Monday
    Previous weight:205.2
    Current weight: 205.4

I will be out of town next Monday on vacation. We come home on Tuesday and I will post my weight on Wednesday morning.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Check in for Sunday
    Food - logged & under
    Water - 1.5 l
    Steps - 35 minute walk (my Garmin is busted & I need a new one

Happy Labour Day everyone!

@twyla77 - I cannot remember your goal weight, but from what I recollect, you maintained through the summer. Very impressive!! I find summer difficult as routines can be different.
    @gottagetthisdown - Fantastic loss!! Congratulations!!
    @Mrsbell8well - Thank you for the warm welcome back. I am so inspired by you reaching your goal & in such a healthy way! So happy to see that you are staying on even in maintenance!
    @carlsoda - Moving houses is so stressful! Praying that you get that house!!
    @jedaschultz - I really like your goals! I am the same with sleep. I just started using the Calm app for guided bedtime meditation. Will let you know how it goes.
    @Barbb1557 - Eating out can be tough. You did a great job though, especially looking at the menu before!
    @sleepymom5 - You are one busy lady! I forgot to ask you for an update on your hip. Looks like you are doing PT, which si great. I like the upper body strength training in your goals. I am in the same boat. With all of the focus on PT lower body, my arms have weakened so I am working on that in my training plan.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    goals for September?
    --drink water every day - I don't like water much but have finally got used to drinking some every morning before breakfast. I drink lots of other stuff all day long though.
    --take a walk at least 15 minutes every day even if it is hot like today.
    --stay close to calorie goal (between 1400 and 1500)
    --lose three pounds
  • amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Check in for: Monday
    Logged food: logged and on track
    Water: 50-60 oz
    Steps or exercise: 6033, 3 hours of yard work for exercise

Today has been good- glad we are almost done with front yard work! It's hot, I'm sunburnt, and my muscles are so sore! It's almost embarrassing how sore I am just from working in the yard! lol Burning a lot of calories, so I definitely like that part!

My intro to the group! My name is Amy and I just turned 37. I'm a wife, mom, and full time student- currently taking 5 of my last 7 classes! I live in North Carolina and have been here for almost 3 years (I think! lol) I absolutely love it here. Most of my free time is spent either working out or meal prepping. Before I started this journey, I loved sewing, quilting, and home DIY projects with the husband.

I've been a member of this amazing group for a month now- August was my 1st month here and I love being a part of such an amazing group of people. I'm looking forward to continuing on with everyone and getting to know the new members!
This discussion has been closed.