Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Not really
    Exercise: Yes, 1 hour weight training, 1 hour 45 mins walking.
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday 9/2)

Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minutes Yoga with Adriene
    Goals/Day/Comments: Completed Day 2 of 30 'Rebirth' Yoga with Adriene today, did a good bit of walking and was able to enjoy a nice Labor Day cookout dinner with the family and still stay on track with my KETO WOE. However, the scale has not moved since Saturday, hoping a whoosh is on the way.

Thank you for mentioning Adriene's yoga! I loved her so much, then life happened and I stopped exercising and totally forgot about her videos. Now I was looking for new workout plan and nothing seemed to suit. Thanks again for mentioning Adriene's videos- I have my exercise plan set for September now <3
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday 9/1)

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Steps: 12,952
    Exercise: Jogging Treadmill 35 mins., walking the dog 30 mins.

Daily Post (Monday 9/2)

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Steps: 10,125
    Exercise: Nice ride in the park on Streetstrider 10 miles, Elliptical trainer for 20 mins.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: NO
    Calories: Apparently yes
    Exercise: NO

Monday was better for me. I didn't work out, really need to get a good full body resistance workout in, but it wasn't yesterday. Getting back to tracking calories has been a real struggle for me. After going into maintenance mode, not tracking has just been so much easier. Because I don't feel ready to weigh and log every single item at this time, I'm trying to use intermittent fasting (IF) this week to see if that will help. These days I wake up around 7am and my first meal is going to be after noon. I'm not putting a cap on my evening eating window yet. One step at a time.

That being said, I have a few questions:

Anyone have success with IF and not tracking your calories at the same time?

Anyone who's doing Keto or low carb.... I tend to go a little heavy on the protein. Does anyone else tend do do this too? How has it worked for you? I've not been strict keto for a while (very loosely low carb) but noticed I crave proteins more than anything these days. Any insights as to why this might be?

My last question which requires some back story. When I finally reached my goal weight, my morning Keto coffee was like the most important thing to me. I went to bed at night excited for the next morning...because I was really, really looking forward to my coffee. When I woke up in the morning, my eyes shot open because I was like... COFFEE!!! (It's so delicious and satiating to me) But ever since I returned from my month long trip home to California this summer, Keto coffee has failed to have this affect on me. And I have still not been able to get back to the routine I was in before. (Going to bed by 10, waking up between 4:30 and 6:30 am with no alarm clock.) I have watched a ton of videos on IF and have even used it in the past. The Keto/IF gurus I follow say you can't put fat in your morning coffee because it breaks the fast. So this week I'm having plain coffee...but it's so sad :D . So here's the question: Should I continue with the plain coffee as an experiment and see where it lands me? Does anyone have any experience while still drinking Keto Coffee in the morning while doing IF and found that they still reaped the benefits of IF? If I was just trying to stay in maintenance mode, I would still be doing the coffee, but obviously I need to cut some calories somewhere. Oh, and my version of Keto coffee is about 150 calories. Not as high as a standard homemade KC, but the earlier I consume calories in the morning, the more I tend to eat throughout the day.

Sorry so long! And as I'm writing this, I realize I should probably post my questions in an IF or Keto group. But appreciative if anyone has any experience in this department.

Oh! And I've already dropped my Sunday weight gain! Yay!
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday 2 Sept

Track - No
    Calories - No
    Exercise - No

Comments - well it is my 47th wedding anniversary!
  • 143tobe
    Options
    @Rigibann Happy anniversary!!! Hope you had a marvelous day! <3
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Rigibann wrote: »
    Daily post Monday 2 Sept

Track - No
    Calories - No
    Exercise - No

WOW! 47th anniversary! Congrats!!!
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 22698

GOALS:
    Overachieved in steps! Continued reading diet book, Will do some prep for healthy meals.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 22698

GOALS:
    Overachieved in steps! Continued reading diet book, Will do some prep for healthy meals.

Whoa! That's a lot of steps! I must have missed it. Which diet book are you reading?
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    sdpfzv9h7gtk.jpeg
    jbrcf9ejitqe.jpeg
    Love this
    CindyJNC

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 188.4
    CW: 185.1

Wheeeee....I finally broke through that plateau I was going through in August. For about 4 weeks I was between 187 and 189. I think going back to my 10,000 steps a day helped.
    Fantastic Cindy
    Tennisquilter
    Sept week 1 weigh in
    PW 252
    CW 245
    Total 34 pounds
    Even though last week the scale said 252, this is not a one week loss! For all of August I was stuck on 252, I started the month convinced it would be a week or two at most before I was in the 240s and for me that was a big psychological deal. Instead the scale didnt budge and I had to convince myself to keep going even though my brain was saying what’s the use. I would come here and read of the struggles and victories of my teammates and decide, just for another day I can do this. Sundays I would have trouble getting to sleep dreading the Monday weigh in. But yesterday, I wore a dress and I knew that no matter what the scales said I was getting fitter. So thank all of you who have been willing to share your journeys!
    The first of Oct, we are going to a concert and my goal is to attend the concert wearing a tunic that my husband bought for me last year which did not fit.
    Great loss.
    143tobe wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm Lisa. I was a member of team Slimsons a while back, but honestly, no idea when or how long ago that was. About 4 months ago I reached my long time goal weight of 143 lbs and had maintained it for the most part (plus or minus a few). If this photo goes through, you will see my weight graph starting from 2012. At my highest weight I was 218 lbs (early-mid30's). I felt awful, I could feel the fat squeezing my internal organs, I felt so strained to exercise or even walk. My whole teen and younger adult life my "set point" was around 165. Although heavy, I was always very active and felt like I was in good physical condition. (I'm 5'4") The weight gain happened when I moved to Germany and started having kids at about age 30. I was very depressed and I never felt comfortable in my surroundings, so I rarely left the house. I was less than sedentary, I was a slug. Well, my brother in-law who was only 3 years older than me had a heart attack and that was the wake-up-call I needed. After that I became active in MFP and although it's taken me what, 6-7 years? I finally reached my goal. I felt GREAT.

What I want now is to lose an additional 10 lbs from that 143 weight, be 133. Except right now I am not only in a rut, I am once again falling back into some kind of emotional depression. If I go based on my graph, I am due to gain several pounds before dropping again. And I can already see it happening. When I am really motivated, I can diet so "good", but when I'm at a point where I feel like something is bringing me down, I find comfort in food. Eating lots and lots of food.

So this is why I'm here. Joining this challenge. I hope to avoid another weight gain and get on top of it for another weight loss before that happens. I am SO happy to be on team The Slimsons again. The two team captains are SO motivating, inspiring and encouraging.

Just gotta put this out there... When I weighed in on Saturday for this challenge, I was 145.6 (I think). That was already me coming off of two bad high carb days. Sunday (yesterday) should have set me back to a lower weight this morning (I do not do strict keto, but do low carb), but instead I had another setback at a family BBQ (which actually wasn't too bad) but the real setback came due to an argument (a disappointment really) that I had with my husband on the long drive home. It left me feeling gutted and of course, being a carbohydrate addict, I tried to fill up that void with all kinds of carbs. So today, the scale went up to 147.6.

SO. When I joined this challenge on Saturday, it was not my intention to be a Debbie Downer! I was actually feeling very happy, motivated and ready to go! And I promise I will not always be a D.D., but just had to get this all off my chest since it's still kind of literally weighing me down right now. I am actually training for a half marathon on October 3rd and have actually been killing it lately in the running department. I look forward to sharing more of that journey later, as well as how I've managed to lose the weight that I have. I think I've shared enough for now :D

I did read every comment written in here up until now and I am so happy to meet (or be reacquainted to) you all!

hjri3mn3th41.png

You got this
  • vicky2767
    Options
    lsjhudson wrote: »
    💪Weekly weigh-in💪

*Weigh in on Mondays*

Username: lsjhudson
    Week: September, wk 1
    PW =222.6
    CW= 225

💥Loss this week: + 2.4 lb
    💥Total loss: -8 lb

Ugh. Well. At least I weighed in. Onwards and downwards! Kids back to school this week! 🎉🎉🎉

Hang in there
  • vicky2767
    Options
    💥Daily Post: Monday, 2nd September 💥

✅Track: yes
    ☑️Calories: very slightly over
    ☑️ None today

Comments: I tracked. Therefore I'm winning hard comparative to the rest of my summer holidays off with the kids which, quite frankly, was a bit of a s!*t show. Why don't I ever learn that stopping tracking leads me down a deep dark rabbit hole? Anyway I'm back and feeling OK. Currently under investigation for, kid you not, bowel cancer. Today was therefore a fun adventure of pre-procedure admin. They're just crossing their t's and dotting their i's I'm sure, but it's been a niggle of worry. Colonoscopy booked for end of September and I'm sure I'll come bounding in saying what a faff but all okay and thank goodness that's over. But hey til then I'm going to have to work extra hard to not eat my feelings.

Nice to be back amongst friendly faces. Good luck to everyone this week 🙌

Prayers that everything will be ok
  • vicky2767
    Options
    H
    Rigibann wrote: »
    Daily post Monday 2 Sept

Track - No
    Calories - No
    Exercise - No

Happy Anniversary
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in mon Sept 2
    Tracked yes
    Calories 8 to spare (don’t know how I managed that)
    Exercise 30 min walk
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday 9/2)

Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minutes Yoga with Adriene
    Goals/Day/Comments: Completed Day 2 of 30 'Rebirth' Yoga with Adriene today, did a good bit of walking and was able to enjoy a nice Labor Day cookout dinner with the family and still stay on track with my KETO WOE. However, the scale has not moved since Saturday, hoping a whoosh is on the way.

Just keep on making strides on your journey and the scale has no choice but to move in your favor.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday/September 2)

Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes (Cleaned the entire house)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (I’m getting better tracking my food. I didn’t track everything because I didn’t know what exactly to choose to list it. I had two homemade meatballs today for dinner with broccoli which is better than me choosing takeout which I would often have. My goal is to eat more home cooked food instead of takeout so I met that goal today. I know it’s cleaner and less additives and fillers. Tomorrow I plan to do the same.

Good job on making your own recipes, it's the better way to go. Just so you know you can always create your own recipes on MYFITNESSPAL and it will calculate the calories per serving. I use this all the time when I create recipes by scratch.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    jeapri17 wrote: »
    jeapri17
    Sept week 1 weigh in Monday
    PW 166
    CW 166

l6qf4y4adl5i.png
  • gjaholy33
    edited September 2019
    Options
    💥Daily Post: Monday, 2nd September 💥

✅Track: yes
    ☑️Calories: very slightly over
    ☑️ None today

Comments: I tracked. Therefore I'm winning hard comparative to the rest of my summer holidays off with the kids which, quite frankly, was a bit of a s!*t show. Why don't I ever learn that stopping tracking leads me down a deep dark rabbit hole? Anyway I'm back and feeling OK. Currently under investigation for, kid you not, bowel cancer. Today was therefore a fun adventure of pre-procedure admin. They're just crossing their t's and dotting their i's I'm sure, but it's been a niggle of worry. Colonoscopy booked for end of September and I'm sure I'll come bounding in saying what a faff but all okay and thank goodness that's over. But hey til then I'm going to have to work extra hard to not eat my feelings.

Nice to be back amongst friendly faces. Good luck to everyone this week 🙌

Laura sorry you're going through. I hated the thought of going through the colonoscopy myself the 3x I had to do it but sometimes we have to do things just to make sure. I definitely agree if the emotional eating as I am in a situation now where I have to reign myself in so I don't get to far off track. Yes, it's hard but being in constant communication with this group has help me a lot and I pray the same happens in your case.🙏🏾🙏🏾❤❤❤
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    That being said, I have a few questions:

Anyone have success with IF and not tracking your calories at the same time?

Anyone who's doing Keto or low carb.... I tend to go a little heavy on the protein. Does anyone else tend do do this too? How has it worked for you? I've not been strict keto for a while (very loosely low carb) but noticed I crave proteins more than anything these days. Any insights as to why this might be?

My last question which requires some back story. When I finally reached my goal weight, my morning Keto coffee was like the most important thing to me. I went to bed at night excited for the next morning...because I was really, really looking forward to my coffee. When I woke up in the morning, my eyes shot open because I was like... COFFEE!!! (It's so delicious and satiating to me) But ever since I returned from my month long trip home to California this summer, Keto coffee has failed to have this affect on me. And I have still not been able to get back to the routine I was in before. (Going to bed by 10, waking up between 4:30 and 6:30 am with no alarm clock.) I have watched a ton of videos on IF and have even used it in the past. The Keto/IF gurus I follow say you can't put fat in your morning coffee because it breaks the fast. So this week I'm having plain coffee...but it's so sad :D . So here's the question: Should I continue with the plain coffee as an experiment and see where it lands me? Does anyone have any experience while still drinking Keto Coffee in the morning while doing IF and found that they still reaped the benefits of IF? If I was just trying to stay in maintenance mode, I would still be doing the coffee, but obviously I need to cut some calories somewhere. Oh, and my version of Keto coffee is about 150 calories. Not as high as a standard homemade KC, but the earlier I consume calories in the morning, the more I tend to eat throughout the day.

@143tobe From what I understand the Keto coffee would break the fast, however, there are reports out there that some people do well with the keto coffee as long as it's fat only, nothing else, sort of like what they call a "fat fast" as it can give them sort of a boost, however if you're trying to get alllll of the benefits of fasting, it does break the fast and will stop some of the benefits of fasting like autophagy, which is the reason I fast, trying to minimize my loose skin, which to date has really worked. However, if you're not so worried about that, then what other benefits of fasting are you really looking for and are they that important that you'd skip your favorite part of your morning routine? And if you really like the keto coffee, can you adjust your feeding window to still allow for the coffee and the benefits of fasting, like stop eating earlier in the evening to allow for an earlier feeding window? Maybe that could help?

As for the protein question, I do go heavier on protein on my "keto" diet, although at this stage, I'm mostly carnivore and less straight keto, I don't eat any veggies and I tend to go for fattier cuts of meat, to get in my fats, however I do tend to go higher on the protein than the fat as of late and I've been actually building more muscle than I was previously, and so there's that side of it. If you're doing some different exercises, or weight training, you may be building muscke and that's likely the reason you've been feeling like you need them, and that's not really a bad thing. And I'm not necessarily suggesting you go carnivore, however if you've been keto for a while, higher protein doesn't necessarily hurt anything, however if you've just starting out, you will want to stay to 75-80% fat for at least a few months to get your body burning fat for fuel more efficiently. Hope that answers that question.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Thanks for the info. No, not new to Keto. Been doing it for almost two years, with some breaks in between. I absolutely cannot close my eating window early. I am someone who cannot go to bed if I have any hunger pangs whatsoever and I enjoy eating in the evenings the most because it's my "down time". It's far easier to fast in the morning. But yeah...the coffee thing. I guess I just need to experiment with that for a while. At this time I'm not fasting for autophagy, I'm just trying to figure out a way to decrease my calories without actually tracking them. I know that it's good and helpful to weight, measure and log everything but honestly, when I do, it completely consumes my whole day, my life, my every waking thought basically. I want to get away from that so I am trying to see if I can lose weight while going by my past experience with weighing and measuring, you know, being able to eyeball something with a fairly accurate estimate.

I've heard really good things about carnivore! But it's not for me as I hate most meats and I actually used to cry at the dinner table when my parents would force me to eat a steak or fish. Spoiled brat :D
This discussion has been closed.