WORKOUT WARRIORS - OCTOBER CHAT

Replies

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 779 Member
    Good morning :)

Had a long day yesterday with our school open house. I ran the book fair (I am the teacher librarian) and we sold over $3000.00 in two hours! I am over the moon!

I am going to pick up a new Fitbit this afternoon. I have had the Alta for a little over a year but the strap is always falling off now. Rather than replace the strap I think I’ll trade up to the waterproof inspire. I swim fairly often so that would be a wonderful feature for me! Don’t tel her, but maybe I’ll replace the old strap and give the Alta to my daughter. She’s really keen on getting a Fitbit if her own. I’ll show you my new one when I get it :)

Have an amazing day today!
  • mrshadsall
    mrshadsall Posts: 30 Member
    mrshadsall
    Weigh-In day-Friday
    PW-233
    CW-227
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Username: SLIMn2016
    Weigh in Day/Week: Friday, October - Week 1
    PW = 163.1
    CW= 163.4

😣😏😞 going the wrong way...sorry team... I blame the salty soup on Wednesday and some bad choices over last weekend while entertaining guests.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Username: SLIMn2016
    Weigh in Day/Week: Friday, October - Week 1
    PW = 163.1
    CW= 163.4

😣😏😞 going the wrong way...sorry team... I blame the salty soup on Wednesday and some bad choices over last weekend while entertaining guests.

@SLIMn2016
    NO WORRIES NANCY I KNOW YOU WELL ENOUGH TO KNOW IT WON'T STAY THERE VERY LONG .... BESIDE .03 POUNDS GAINED ANIT THAT MUCH... HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    THURSDAY STEPS
  • holmesp603
    holmesp603 Posts: 350 Member
    Holmesp603
    Fridays
    LW 183
    TW 182.3
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    holmesp603 wrote: »
    Holmesp603
    Fridays
    LW 183
    TW 182.3

💃👍👏 posted
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    runarml wrote: »
    Steps 10/3: 20,043

Awesome! 💃💃👏 posted
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    @Navydaddjtc

Team! I am also excited after speaking with Greg of new things coming out and also for the New Year! 💥 🎇 🧨

Workout 🏋️‍♀️ 🏋️‍♂️ Warriors!
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    My daily goals (Thursday):
    1. 10,000 steps yes 11974
    2. Calories under 1500 no 1540 :(
    3. 30 minutes exercise yes 60 min
    4. Log all food yes

Going with my husband to visit our college daughter for the weekend so my only exercise will be walking. I will make the best choices I can, although I'm concerned about both too much unhealthy food and not enough exercise. I plan to get up early and get a good walk in each morning. Maybe I will look up some body weight exercises I can do as well to get me through. And I'll pack some healthy snacks that don't need refrigeration. Did a quick (15 min) elliptical before work since I'll be in the car for 4 hours later. Looking forward to reconnecting with her though!

Great thoughts on using a small plate AND making the food look bigger!!!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    mrshadsall wrote: »
    mrshadsall
    Weigh-In day-Friday
    PW-233
    CW-227

Awesome loss! Posted
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    @megnoila82. Awesome on book 📚 fair! Yea, on Fitbit!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Workout Warriors 🧨🧨🧨
    October 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

Challenge: Set three to five goals you want to achieve on a daily basis and report to the team!

10/3
    1. Gratitude journal/Bible Devotional/Insight Timer Yes ✔️
    2. Watch sodium 🧂 and sugar intake! Stay within my macros. Yes ✔️
    3. Nothing after 8 PM Yes
    4. Barre 4 times and 10,000 steps 💃💃💃 Yes ✔️
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    Greetings WOW! I'm just passing through, as I often do, and catching up with all your news is always amazing! Full dose of energy, great messages, and emojis!

I can't wait to hear what you all are coming up with - those teaser messages are killing me.

And @shbarbor - you can certainly fit in some bodyweight stuff! While you brush your teeth do some squats or lunges. Or just walking lunges to get from one room to another. Planks while listening to someone talk too much (wait a minute... maybe that would be a bit rude), or kicks while on the phone. High knees any time. Have fun with it and enjoy your family time.

SO HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY, WARRIORS!
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Steplaj
    Friday
    Week-1
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    steplaj wrote: »
    Hi Everyone - Just to update you all... The MRI of my knee has confirmed I do have a Medial Meniscal Tear in my right knee. I am still undergoing physical therapy, now have a knee brace, have had two cortisone injections and am on a new NSAID to help with the pain.

The pain is still pretty severe, even on Motrin, with the brace, and on the new NSAID. Recovery is expected to be 6-8 weeks with a re-eval at that time. At this time they are considering my case non-surgical. Hopefully the condition will not worsen, if it does, the knee may lock and then it would require surgery.

Regardless, I think my fall activities are on hold for the now.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, continue this soon!

Steve

Steve... sorry to hear you're pain😞😔...I am hopeful you can avoid surgery---take it easy --- rest and recover. It is amazing how the body can repair itself ---but it takes so much time and patience it's very difficult. Will be in my thoughts and prayers🙏❤️
This discussion has been closed.