Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    kdv12 wrote: Β»
    Steps:

Monday 9/30: 10,076
    Tuesday 10/1: 11,604
    Wednesday 10/2: 7,683 Sad number when I don't get a walk in.

Posted πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ Understand if I don’t hike, I am not near my goal. Have a great day!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Good morning!

Thursday weigh in for me:

Last week: 196.0
    Today: 193.6

Awesome!! 190 watch out, she is on her way! Congratulations πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    ConfidentRaven
    Thursday weigh
    Week 1

PW 292.0
    CW: 288.8

Fantastic loss! Inspiration!!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM.... MOJO IS KINDA NON-EXISTENT TODAY... 2 DAYS OF WORKING OUTSIDE WIPED ME OUT.. SO TODAY IS OFFICIALLY A REST DAY LOGAN AND I WILL BE KICKIN IT AROUND THE HOUSE TODAY JAMMIN WITH SOME SMOOTH JAZZ AND SOME R&R (REST&RELAXATION). SINCE IT IS THURSDAY AND SOME PEOPLE CALL IT THROW BACK THURSDAY HERE IS A BLAST FROM MY PAST.

WE ARE SITTING AT FARRELLI'S PIZZA JOINT.... MARCIE AND MYSELF AMD OUR FIRST GRAND DAUGHTER KAMREN AND HER MOM TERRA OUR DAUGHTER-IN-LAW TOOK THE PICTURE.
    pbyjmvswi8bv.jpg
    AND HER NOW ON PICTURE DAY
    08qq1wnzmu7d.png

HAVE A TERRIFIC THURSDAY

• SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Oct 3 ~ HELLO October! πŸŽƒπŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸ

Trick or Treat! πŸŽƒπŸƒπŸ‚

Trick!!
    One thing that definitely helps me to control portions is a smaller plate!

A recent study published in the Journal of Consumer Research has discovered ways that your mind tricks you into eating more (or less) without you knowing it. If you're looking to shed a few pounds, then understanding these insights could offer a painless way to do it.

1. Let Your Plate Control Your Portion
    When it comes to eating less, researchers have long known that a simple way to cut calories is to use a smaller plate. In one experiment, conducted by Brian Wansink from Cornell University and Koert van Ittersum from the Georgia Institute of Technology, it was discovered that a shift from 12–inch plates to 10–inch plates resulted in a 22% decrease in calories.

https://jamesclear.com/feeling-fat

https://www.sharecare.com/health/weight-loss-strategies/can-smaller-plates-eat-less

I am focused today on watching my portions. πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc Yea!! Happy for a rest day for you!!! Well deserved! Your grand daughter is gorgeous!!
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    A trick I use is that in addition to using smaller plates I try to make it look like I have a lot of food. For example I cut my apple into slices rather than leaving it whole or I take my lunch meat with one slice of cheese and divide it into two cheese and meat rolls. It’s all the same calories, but it looks like my plate is overflowing.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc how cute she is Greg! Enjoy the rest--- you certainly earned it!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    A trick I use is that in addition to using smaller plates I try to make it look like I have a lot of food. For example I cut my apple into slices rather than leaving it whole or I take my lunch meat with one slice of cheese and divide it into two cheese and meat rolls. It’s all the same calories, but it looks like my plate is overflowing.

Thank you @ConfidentRaven and @fintness327wk --- I like these ideas.... I do use a salad plate for dinner while my family uses a dinner plate (they make fun of me for using the "tiny plate"πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜†)--but it does work! Keeps me from overloaded like I used to.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options

@ConfidentRaven ..
    GREAT IDEA.....

THIS IS GOING TO SOUND FUNNY TO SOME OF YOU, BUT I USE A COMPARTMENT PLATE IT HAS SECTION WHICH ALLOWS ME TO NOT ONLY BE PORTION CONTROL CONSCIOUS, BUT ALSO CALORIE CONSCIOUS...SMALLER PORTIONS LESS CALORIES... IT'S A WIN WIN
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    NikMar
    Thursday
    Week 1
    PW 141
    CW 141

Wednesday steps 11,454
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    NikMar wrote: Β»
    NikMar
    Thursday
    Week 1
    PW 141
    CW 141
    Wednesday steps 11,454

@NIKMAR....WEIGH AND STEPS POSTED
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    b]DAILY GOALS:[/b] Thursday, 10/03

βœ… Logged (fasting day)
    βœ… Stayed under calorie goal
    βœ… 1 hour+ of cardio & 1 hour of strength training
    βœ… Maintained IF schedule/No food
    βœ… No sugar
    βœ… Track Water: 245.8 oz.

I'm starting to feel stronger and my shoulder has been virtually pain free for about 4 days straightπŸ™ŒπŸ˜²πŸ™Œ!!! On a sad note--my PT had to have emergency bicep surgery😧... so new PT tomorrow.

🎡🎢every day I'm shuffle'n🎡🎢🎡

⚑️πŸ’ͺ🏻⚑️ HAPPY THURSDAY ALL!❣️
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Thursday, 10/03
    πŸ‘£STEPS: 13,315

.... well maybe I need to shuffle a little more...πŸ˜‚πŸ˜† I feel better today at least--- but the rain kept me from getting in my extra steps--- and it's darn cold in Boston.
  • Tualla
    Tualla Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Weekly Goals Fat to Fit 9/3

1. Personal Bible Study or Churchβœ…
    2. 100 Net Carbs❌
    3. 60 cardio/30 strength Mon-Sat; 30 cardio Sun❌
    4. Follow IF schedule βœ…
  • Tualla
    Tualla Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    [i would like to be added to this challenge. My goal is to lose 8 pounds this month

quote="Fitness327wk;c-44252338"]Workout Warriors 🧨🧨🧨
    OCT 2019 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
    πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

Team Challenge: Let’s get excited about our weight loss goals for October as a team! Please post your goal of pounds you want to lose in October and I will track and post updates!

We are all in this together! Let’s see what we can lose as a whole team!

Our goal as a team is to lose 57 pounds!

If you want to be added to our team Challenge, please let me know. πŸ‘πŸ‘

athizltei4k1.jpeg
    [/
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    b]DAILY GOALS:[/b] Thursday, 10/03

βœ… Logged (fasting day)
    βœ… Stayed under calorie goal
    βœ… 1 hour+ of cardio & 1 hour of strength training
    βœ… Maintained IF schedule/No food
    βœ… No sugar
    βœ… Track Water: 245.8 oz.

I'm starting to feel stronger and my shoulder has been virtually pain free for about 4 days straightπŸ™ŒπŸ˜²πŸ™Œ!!! On a sad note--my PT had to have emergency bicep surgery😧... so new PT tomorrow.

🎡🎢every day I'm shuffle'n🎡🎢🎡

⚑️πŸ’ͺ🏻⚑️ HAPPY THURSDAY ALL!❣️

Yeah so happy about your shoulder!! Sorry about new pt person. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @tualla Awesome! πŸ’œπŸ’•πŸ’œπŸ’•
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Oct 4 ~ HELLO October! πŸŽƒπŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸ

Trick or Treat! πŸŽƒπŸƒπŸ‚

Trick!!

Create a top 10 list of distractions

Before a craving strikes, be ready to combat it by having a ready list of alternative activities to keep you on the straight and narrow. "Play a video game, call a friend, take a walk, read to your kids, groom your dog, polish your nails," says Beck. "Watch how the craving has diminished when you firmly focus your mind on something else." Other distractions include brushing your teeth, doing a set of crunches or opush-ups, deep breathing, or meditation.

Okay team! My distraction: hiking πŸ₯Ύ! The other 9 will be a distraction to come up with! Lol!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Teammate @CaydensMommy

Please post your weigh in! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽƒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
This discussion has been closed.