LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Sometimes especially when you're not feeling well, it's better to listen to your body🥰 Sure hope you feel better today❤️
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    AW MAN! Sorry to hear you got the ebola too! I'm convinced it's this ridic weather - hopefully it passes for you as quickly as it did/is for me (I'm like 90% fine now) - FOR SURE our body holds water when we're sick...but unlike you my water SUCKED when I was sick LOL

Feel better soon and those lbs will fall back off love :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I totally agree when your body wants/needs food you shouldn't ignore esp. when you aren't feeling that great!! <3
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Thanks yall. I ended up just having another cup of coffee and that helped w/ the hunger. Heating up some dinner now (left over grilled chicken breast)... and will probably have some kimchi with it.

Left some kimchi out on the counter to make soup with on Friday. OOO I can't wait.

And it's so flipping hot outside today! Holy crap. About burst in to flames picking up my daughter from school! And it's gonna be even hotter tomorrow. Almost 100! WWWWHHHHYY?? Why nature WHY?
  • mistymeadows2005
    LMAO this weather is unbelievable actually - it was almost 90 here yest and today it's 55 - no wonder everyone is sick GD it! lol
  • LiLee2018
    It's supposed to cool off Saturday and holy *kitten* I can't wait. And by cool off I mean get to 80 which will feel like heaven. Pure heaven!

And calories are totally over today.
    I was fine until I ate... and now it's just all I can think about so having more.

Lets see.. what did I eat

meat lasagna, kimchi, 2 coffees, kimchi, grilled bone in chicken breast w/ hot sauce and skin on, about 3 servings of blueberry dessert stuff

which brings total calories to about 2100-2200.
    Could've been worse I guess.

I can offset it some tomorrow by drinking some bone broth for a meal. That sounds good though. Nice warm salty cup of bone broth to sip on.
    We'll see how I'm feeling about it tomorrow, but I'll aim to do that for most of the day then eat for dinner.
  • LiLee2018
    Oh nope... add about 200-300 more calories to my total /facepalm

Ok going to go chug some water b/c I haven't had nearly enough yet today.
  • mistymeadows2005
    NICE BALANCE babe! That's the name of the game <3
  • jadepearl
    I love bone broth...delicious! <3 Drink the water as it helps tremendously :) Hope you feel better soon and the days will become cooler :)
  • LiLee2018
    So bone broth day isn't happening! ROFL
    Still have that feeling like I just need to eat.
    I've already eaten about 700 calories today, so tonight I'll just have myself a big *kitten* salad to keep calories more under control while still eating a good bit.
    I am feeling slightly better today though. Still stuffed up, but not as much. Still a stuffy feeling in my nose, but I can actually breath through it now. So yay for that :)

FiL just came and picked up my 2 boys to spend the night. Silence.... wonderful silence lol. They're in a phase of either screeching and playing or screeching/crying/whining and fighting with each other. It's already stressful when I'm feeling fine.
    I love them to pieces, but holy moly it's nice having this break. Might even go to the store and do all of nothing. Just walk around and enjoy my shopping trip all by myself! Like Disney, but at Target or Walmart! ;P rofl
  • LiLee2018
    I took my shopping trip. To oh so fancy Target lol
    You know how nice it is to shop in peace?? SO NICE! Being able to take my time and look at what I want. Siiiiiiigh.
    I didn't spend too long in the store, but whatever... I'm not complaining one bit.

Having another cup of coffee even though I want something cool and refreshing b/c it is HOT outside. Is it Saturday yet?
    100 today vs 79 on Saturday. It needs to be Saturday NOW!
  • volgirl1322
    It is the little things that you appreciate as a mom.....a grocery or a store all alone is true bliss :) I feel ya!!

OMG we are at 98 again today but by tonight/tomorrow we are in the 70's and I just can't wait....I think we even get some rain by Monday and in the 60's....fall is finally here. We broke a ton of records for this insane summer heat..... I love iced coffee when it is so hot outside!!! I blend it with ice in a blender and it is almost like a milk shake with coffee :).....
  • mistymeadows2005
    Lisa - I'm SO GLAD you made the pic your profile! It makes me happy every time I see it!!! :blush:

Shopping at leisure is THE BEST - with my new work schedule I get to do it all the time, and it's THE BOMB! Enjoy your down time mamacita <3
  • LiLee2018
    Lol thanks ladies. Decided to change it to remind myself not to take stuff so seriously. :)

I'm not a fan of iced coffee. Coffee flavored things, like ice cream or a cake or something.. totally fine with. The actual beverage? It NEEDS to be warm/hot. Iced coffee just reminds me of coffee that was forgotten lol. I know it's weird.

Alrighty... food today. Quick version

leftover meat lasagna
    blueberry dessert stuff
    2 coffees
    big salad w/ leftover chicken breast
    kimchi
    low carb yogurt
    6 slices of salami

Having a big salad for dinner was NOT the right decision to make. Seems my body wants more than just veggies. Maybe more protein or fat or something. I dunno... but that's the main reason for the kimchi, yogurt, and the salami.
    And I'm still hungry. But not eating anything b/c calories are already at about 1500-1600. I still have a lot of water to get through before bed so I'll be fine.
  • jadepearl
    I find that if I don't eat what my body wants and settle for a salad, somehow, my cravings starts and in the end, I am just a total wreck. So, now, I listen to my body and I will give in now and then. So far, so good :) So, may be you should try this method and eat whatever you body crave for and keep it within the target calories. Are you weighing in this Friday? Good luck! <3
  • LiLee2018
    I was fine until after I ate the salad, then I just felt the utter lack of satisfaction from it lol.

I did weigh in today and I'm up 1.8lbs still. I know it's probably not fat, but it still does suck to see that.
    Hopefully by next friday I'll be feeling better and my weight will be down.
    At this rate though, I'll be lucky to reach my goal by the end of the year.
    I think I'm going to do an egg fast next week.
    I have to do something to get this train going again.
    I know being sick isn't helping anything and I'm reminding myself of that, but it's still frustrating ya know?
    I MIGHT do another bone broth day too. Maybe on Monday since it's a long filled day. But I left the bone broth I had in the fridge and it may not be good any longer. I can't really smell that well right now, but... if I want to do it, I'll have to make some starting it at least by tomorrow.

I am feeling a little better.
    A little less stuffy, but coughing more. Thankfully it didn't develop in to a chesty cough, but it's still all up in my throat tickling it like crazy and making me cough all the dang time.

Anywho... I don't think I'm going to track today. I'm not going to go crazy with food or anything like that. Just going to take it easy and eat if it feels like I need to.
  • volgirl1322
    Sometimes our body needs what it needs.....trust me, I have lost and gained the same 10lbs for a couple of months ---so don't be too hard on yourself especially when you aren't feeling well. Hoping that cooler weather gets to you ---man it feels so nice here now!! B)

Hope you continue to feel better!!! <3
  • LiLee2018
    Sometimes our body needs what it needs.....trust me, I have lost and gained the same 10lbs for a couple of months ---so don't be too hard on yourself especially when you aren't feeling well. Hoping that cooler weather gets to you ---man it feels so nice here now!! B)

Hope you continue to feel better!!! <3

Thanks for that. I just hope the weight starts dropping again soon. I'm totally going to do an egg fast though. Either starting Monday or Sunday. It's sounding really good right now. I've been craving eggs recently, but with all the grilled stuff and the lasagna I made, just no room to fit any in to my meals.
    Some chaffles sounds really good. Make savory chaffle scrambled egg sammich! lol Making my mouth water.

Currently making my kimchi stew. Will be eating that all day or that along w/ the rotisserie chicken we still have.
  • LiLee2018
    Oh and tomorrow! One more day of this hellish weather until it cools off. Just one more day!!
  • volgirl1322
    I am thinking of making a big pot of beef stew this weekend....OMG I love me some soups and stews and chilils this time of year......what do you put in your Kimchi stew? I have never made that.....