Pw: 254.9
    Cw 250.6
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday
    Tracked: No
    Calories (goal 1200): Without tracking I'm sure I was under
    Activity: Another 7 hours moving boxes and setting up estate sale on FRI-SAT.
    Daily Step Goal Streak: Day 11
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    I'll chime in my 2 cents on the conversation about changing calorie ceilings.
    Some people lower their calorie ceilings as they get closer to goal to continue losing weight. I tried that when I'd lost a chunk of weight but then found myself binging in the evenings when I just got too hungry. I then decided to increase it again, which put me into a smaller deficit but still a deficit. I just decided that for me, I prefer to still enjoy the same foods and I'm happy to just lose the weight slower.
    Interestingly, I lost weight faster that way (due to less slip-ups) so I guess different ways work for different people.
    I think the best way to decide is to try different strategies for a couple of weeks and then analyse the results and re-assess.
    For those trying fewer calories, let us know how you go!

That's really the reality, you can lose weight in so many ways, different diets, etc, the real issue is finding a diet/eating plan that you can stick to. I tried so many varieties in the beginning of my weight loss journey that included carbs, but it wasn't until I tried Keto (and then subsequently intermittent fasting) that I started to see the weight drop. You can still lose weight with smaller deficits, and depending on how closely you follow it, you may even see bigger losses. Weight loss is a funny thing and the best method is one that you can stick with and stay consistent with and that's different for everyone. The best thing you can do for yourself is a little self experimentation to see what you can try to adjust and see how it works for you. And give it a little time to work.
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    @Pearl4686 Thanks, I know how tracking exercise works. I'm just never sure whether "eating back" the exercise calories is a good habit or not since it appears to vary from person to person. I feel like I've had success with doing it like that though.

• midsummer174627
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yes spin video + some abs
    Oct habit: Just track: done
    Goals or Day:
    - had dinner with friends which ended up being quite a few extra calories, but I was mindful, didn't pick at food I wasn't hungry for, and tracked everything.
    - I had an an instance where I brought a second breakfast sandwich with me but I was so hungry after eating the first one I decided to eat it too. But I thought about it for a few minutes first and pre-tracked to see how it would fit in my calories. I'm not totally sure it was the right call but at least I had those few minutes to actually decide instead of oh wow I already ate that without thinking!
    - NSV: I was given a chocolate and decided to eat it, but even though I felt the urge to stuff it in my mouth the second no-one was looking, I made myself wait until I got to my car. You guys, it's hard for me to admit it, but that kind of thing is a struggle! I could have even refused it, but consciously decided not to.
    My Why Today:
    Because I love how strong my body feels when I feed it right.
  • midsummer174627
    Options
    Weigh in this morning down about a pound! It's only back to where I was a couple of weeks ago but still!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    @Kathie_GoGo Good luck with your sale!
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday
    Track: yes, I track everything
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Healthier habits: clean up clutter
    Goals: focus on eating mindfully, walk more
    Am I happy with my progress today: Yes! Good day today. I made good choices.

Just squeaked by under calories today.

Tomorrow, I go grocery shopping and I always have to be aware of my choices at the seafood counter. Of course, fish is healthy but the fried scallops, shrimp and french fries? Or the seafood salad? Not so much.

Tonight I'm craving fried. Tomorrow, maybe I won't be. If I am, I'll just have to take Dakota to the dog park or on a good walk to help burn it off. 🐕

A few days now after changing my loss per week from 1 lb to 0.5 lb. I love having the extra calories. Weird, though. I'm peeing like a racehorse and am down almost 3 pounds since I switched.

It could also just be that, trending-wise, I'm due for a whoosh. This weight loss journey sure is interesting.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Friday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no

I was so hungry today! I ate 2500 calories which is 1000 over target so that negates 2 days of calorie deficit. That’s okay though. I truly was hungry. Maybe the cooler weather is making me want to add some extra padding, evolution-style! Strategy is to hit the low calorie soups to warm up, feel fuller, and get my vegetables!
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Missing weights from last week and unfortunately facing elimination this week:
    @Mawash9
    @slytherclawz
    @Maddiesmommy6611

Missing weights from this week so far:
    @bootssowhite
    @joehlrich
    @Magickxxx
    @Nihal9495

@AB0215 I posted my weight for this week back on Sunday. I am going to be late next week, though. I'm out of town this weekend.

Well fam, it's not been the best of weeks. I made the rookie mistake of going to the grocery store hungry on Tuesday and have been eating my way out of this mistake since then. I'm taking solace in the fact that this would have been an average day a year and a half ago, and I've spread that junk out over three days now. I'm calling that long-term change, even if it's not what I wanted for this week.

I skipped today's run (C25K Week 5 Day 3) because it was raining and super windy, but I'm committed to getting it in tomorrow morning before I head to the airport, so at least I stay on track for C25K this week.

Cait
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Username: germaine_yee
    Week: Friday, October Week 3
    PW = 133.16 lb
    CW = 133.38 lb
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Username: germaine_yee
    Week: Friday, October Week 4
    PW = 133.16 lb
    CW = 133.38 lb
    Thank you! 😄
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Username: kilobykilo
    Week: 4, Saturday 26th october
    Pw: 178.8
    Cw: 176.4
  • AB0215
    Options
    joehlrich wrote: »
    Username: joehlrich
    Weigh in week: October Week 4
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 149.4lb
    CW: 147.2lb

So sorry, thought I posted this on Sunday.

@joehlrich You did, I somehow missed yours and @bootssowhite
    Sorry about that guys.
  • AB0215
    Options
    @Pearl4686 Thanks, I know how tracking exercise works. I'm just never sure whether "eating back" the exercise calories is a good habit or not since it appears to vary from person to person. I feel like I've had success with doing it like that though.

@midsummer174627 That really depends on your goals, if weight loss is your goal, it's most likely not beneficial to eat back those calories as it will just increase your deficit. Some people do like to only have a certain amount of deficit and will eat them back to create a steady deficit, however this comes with a caveat, it's nearly impossible to know what you're accurately burning, fitness trackers can only do so much to estimate how much you're actually expending, and that can add to the issue at hand and one of the main reasons I don't add back in my exercise calories.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    We're nearing the end of the month. This is my first time on this challenge. Do we have to sign up again for next month? I thought I saw somewhere that we go forward with the same group.

Any info appreciated. Thanks. ☺
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Username: red1185
    PW: 166.4
    CW: 166.2
    One thing I did well: I met my step goal 4 times this week. I’ve also noticed that I have more energy - I’m not nearly as sluggish in the afternoons as I have been. And, I went on long, hilly walk with a coworker, and didn’t struggle nearly as much as I did with it last time.
    One thing to work on: I still need to get back into my workout DVDs, and my C25K. I don’t know why Ive developed a mental adversity to those things. I think I need to follow Nike’s slogan of “just do it”. This week I was also bad about walking the dog - I think I took her on one walk. Poor pup.

I have a Halloween party tonight, and I’m really hoping not to go overboard on calories. I think with all the setting up, cleaning, cooking, etc I’ll be moving around enough to burn some calories. Fingers crossed!
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Pw 159
    Cw 159.4
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @lyndabss they automatically send you into the next months challenge
This discussion has been closed.