WORKOUT WARRIORS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
edited October 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME TO WORKOUT WARRIORS TEAM CHAT ROOM

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the NOVEMBER Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the NOVEMBER Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (GROUP OWNER)
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @teresaW1020
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
Team WaistAways - @terytha and @jugar
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Team WaistAways -@micki48 and @evangsimmons170
Team Shrinking Assets - open

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for NOVEMBER. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Hi all! I’m new this month so thought I’d post a quick introduction. I’m 29 and started losing weight last September when I saw the scale hit 190 (which was a huge wake up call for me!). I did really well for awhile and lost 50 lbs. I even signed up for and completed my first half-marathon. But in the last months of training for my half I really fell off the wagon with my diet and gained back 15 lbs :( so now I’m back on MFP (with a new account, I couldn’t remember any of the stuff for my old one) and hoping to lose 35 lbs before my next half in April! I mostly workout at home using Beachbody on Demand but when it’s cold I’ll use the little gym in my apartment complex. I have asthma triggered by the cold weather so running out in the snow is a no-go for me. And I have a 9 year old lab mix who is my world and keeps me moving around during the day!

I’m really excited to be a part of this challenge with you all!

We are so excited to have you on the team!! Thanks for sharing and let’s hit our goals together! Watch our November!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Hey everyone! Glad to be back. Was gone for approximately a year, but I did manage to maintain-ish. I only gained 5-10 lbs depending on the day. Broke up with the boyfriend 2 weeks ago after a year of being treated like poo. Here to lose the remaining 90-100 lbs. Broke out my indoor rower and got the fridge stocked appropriately! Here's to November being a great month for us all!

Here is to us kicking butt in November!!! 💪💪👍👍👏👏
  • carolynsivik
    carolynsivik Posts: 186 Member
    Hi, everyone! I'd like to give you a bit of history. I'm a runner. I had foot surgery in December. I didn't run for 14 months (beginning August 2018). I got depressed, unmotivated and pissed off and gained 12 pounds. I know it's not a lot, but I need help staying on track and keeping motivated. I recently started running again more consistently but it's my eating habits that have gone through the roof. Chocolate at work, snacks at night watching the tube, wine, wine, wine, etc.. I just want to feel like myself again. Good luck everyone! We've got this!
  • carolynsivik
    @Shortgirlrunning I was supposed to do my first half marathon in October 2018 and couldn't because of my foot, then didn't this October because I couldn't run that far and out of shape. Kudos to you for doing it!
  • carolynsivik
    oh, and I'm 55 so losing weight is way harder now than when I was younger :(
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    @carolynsivik - that’s such a bummer about your foot! Are you going to try to do half again? You should! I definitely wasn’t in-shape when I did mine, I think I was even still in the obese BMI range.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    edited October 2019
    b2rfhs8fatbe.jpeg

Morning team! We are thrilled you joined our group and welcome back my fellow teammates! 🙌🙌

I am Sally and happy to be your Co-Captain/Motivator along with my friend Greg @Navydaddjtc (also he is the group owner)! 💃💃💃

I love Workout 🏋️‍♀️ Warriors, MyFitnessPal and the support of friends. Last December I was looking at photos from Thanksgiving and I wasn’t happy with what I saw. I didn’t like how I looked, however, more importantly I didn’t like how I felt. I knew it was time for change. January started with “dry January”, Barre and healthy diet. I didn’t see initially the pounds flying off like they did in my 20’s, I was frustrated, however, I knew it would take time. The pounds started coming off. I give a lot of credit to MyFitnessPal of the support and encouragement!! I knew I wouldn’t quit! Knowing the holidays are coming up I will stay focused and thankful we have each other for support and accountability. We have fun upcoming challenges to keep us motivated!

Treat let’s kick it in November! 🦃🍁🍃🍂 🦃🍁🍃🍂 🦃🍁🍃🍂 🦃🍁🍃🍂

Let’s feel great from the inside out! 👍👍👍

If you have any questions or anything, please feel free to reach out. 🙌🙌🙌

Still love emojis, LOL. 😂 😆
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    edited October 2019
    Hi, everyone! I'd like to give you a bit of history. I'm a runner. I had foot surgery in December. I didn't run for 14 months (beginning August 2018). I got depressed, unmotivated and pissed off and gained 12 pounds. I know it's not a lot, but I need help staying on track and keeping motivated. I recently started running again more consistently but it's my eating habits that have gone through the roof. Chocolate at work, snacks at night watching the tube, wine, wine, wine, etc.. I just want to feel like myself again. Good luck everyone! We've got this!

Welcome to the team 🙌. Sorry, about your foot, it’s frustrating having an injury as a setback. We have this together, let’s kick butt In November.

Something to think about for November for all new teammates along with my fellow pals. Setting goals for the week and sharing daily your results with the team. It helps me stay accountable. I send results out to the team. 👍

Example
    Workout Warriors 🧨🧨🧨
    October 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

Challenge: Set three to five goals you want to achieve on a daily basis and report to the team! Let’s support each other. 🤗

New WEEK new GOALS (if you want) - If you haven’t joined this month you still can and finish October strong.
    Woot 🙌🙌

10/30
    1. Gratitude journal/Bible Devotional/Insight Timer/Daily positive Affirmations Yes ✔️
    2. Watch sodium 🧂 and sugar intake! Stay within my macros. Yes
    3. Nothing after 8 PM No 🤦‍♀️🙅‍♀️ Need to work on this one!
    4. Barre 4 times and 10,000 steps 💃💃💃 Yes ✔️ posted
    5. 96 oz 💦 💧 💦 Yes ✅

-Steps: 13,723
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    edited October 2019
    From our Oct page. 👍👍🙌🙌👍👍
    Workout Warriors 🍁🍃🍂🍁🍃🍂🍁🍃🍂
    OCT 2019 💥💥💥
    🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

Oct 30 - HELLO October! 🍁🍃🍂🍁🍃🍂

Trick to treat!

56uw6d7xyvz4.jpeg

Courtesy of:

https://www.readersdigest.ca/health/weight-loss/11-best-diet-tricks-skinnier-halloween/

Know What 150 Calories of Candy Looks Like
    This is a relatively harmless amount to enjoy. But it’s easy to overdo it with those “fun size” treats. Keep this list from Shape.com in mind: 150 calories is approximately three mini York Peppermint Patties, two fun-size packages of milk chocolate M&Ms, six mini Musketeers, six rolls of Smarties, seven Hershey’s Kisses, and five snack-size Twizzler twists. Another smart trick: Leave the used candy wrappers in your eyesight (on your desk at work, the kitchen counter, etc.) Research shows that you eat less when you can see evidence of the damage you’ve done.

🎃🍂🍃🍁 🎃🍂🍃🍁 🎃🍂🍃🍁 🎃🍂🍃🍁 🎃🍂🍃🍁 🎃🍂🍃🍁
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    GOOD MORNING WARRIORS AND I DO MEAN WARRIORS....
    THANKS FOR THE INTRO SALLY SO HERE WE GO...
    MY STATS
    66 YEARS YOUNG AND GETTING YOUNGER BY THE DAY
    RETIRED US NAVY SPEC OPS DOG HANDLER, RETIRED EXEC, CHEF ( BOTH AT SEA AND ON THE BEACH) RETIRED CULINARY ARTS INSTRUCTOR FOR THE BOYS&GIRLS CLUB OF SOUTH PUGET SOUND AT THE SOUTH PIERCE COUNTY BRANCH
    MARRIED TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE MARCIE KATHLEEN 30+YEARS, 2 SONS (DJ AND TC) BOTH SERVING IN THE US NAVY BOTH CAREER SAILORS AS I WAS THEIR DAD (RETIRED CPO) AND THEIR UNCLES ( 3 US MARINES DEPART. OF THE NAVY AND 1 US NAVY) AND THEIR GRANDPA ANDERSON ( MY DAD RETIRED FULL COMMANDER) SO YES WE ARE NAVY FAMILY STEM TO STERN
    1 DAUGHTER -IN-LAW AND 3 BEAUTIFUL GRAND-KIDS

I AM A DISABLED COMBAT VET SERVING 2 TOURS IN VIETNAM AS A MILITARY WAR DOG HANDLER WITH THE US SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND (NAVY SEALS, MARINE RECON AND THE ARMY GREEN BERET) I HANDLED SHADOWX-117 FOR 5 YEARS UNTIL HE WAS KIA ON OUR 2ND TOUR IN NAM DURING THE FALL OF SAIGON IN APRIL OF 75. AT THE SAME TIME I WAS THE VICTIM OF A WELL PLACE BOBBY TRAP WHICH COST ME THE LOWER PORTION OF MY RIGHT CALF AND MY MY RIGHT FOOT. SO GOES THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATION OF WAR AND WE MOVE FORWARD FROM THERE WITH A LOT MENTAL AND PHYSICAL THERAPY.
    HERE'S THE BIG FELLA IN COUNTRY& DOWN RANGE
    kcuqluskuawo.jpgmvmrn3wjqpdf.jpg
    IN 2015 I WAS GETTING READY FOR CLASS WHEN I FELL FACE FIRST ON THE DECK IN THE PRINCIPALS OFFICE. I WAS MED-EVAC TO ST. PETERS HOSPITAL IN OLYMPIA WA AND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH LIFE THREATENING DIVERTICULITOUS. EMERGENCY SURGERY WAS PREFORMED BY DOC G. BRENNAN AND WALLAH I WAS GIFTED WITH A FULL NON REVERSAL ILEOSTOMY OF MY VERY OWN. WHICH I QUICKLY NAMED SHADOW IN HONOR OF MY PARTNER WHOM ALSO SAVED MY TEAMS LIFE ALONG WITH MINE SEVERAL TIMES OVER.

THAT'S A WRAP FOR ME NOW ABOUT THIS TEAM AND OUR NOVEMBER
    I HAVE BEEN A WARRIOR FROM THE GET GO. I JOINED IN 2016 TOOK A SMALL BREAK AND CAME BACK AFTER GETTING A NEW PROSTHETIC TO WORKOUT ON AND WALK WITH.

AS WE APPROACH THE HOLIDAY SEASON I WOULD LIKE ALL OF US WARRIORS TO AWARE OF THE CALORIES THAT WE ARE GOING TO CONSUME AND BE MINDFUL THAT IT WON'T DETER US FROM OUR GOALS AS A TEAM AND AS A PERSON.
    I AM GOING TO PERSONALLY REVAMP MY GOALS FOR THESE ENSUING MONTHS SO I KNOW THAT I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHILE CONTINUING TO PUSH MYSELF FORWARD AND THAT I WILL BE READY TO TAKE ON 2020 ON THE POSITIVE SIDE OF THINGS.
    AS WARRIORS I AM GOING TO ASK YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MODERATORS CHALLENGE AND THE GROUP CHALLENGE AND OUR TEAM CHALLENGE. THESE CHALLENGES ARE COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY, HOWEVER IT CONQUERS 2 THINGS... YOU MEET AND CHAT WITH OTHER CHALLENGERS AND YOU PUSH YOURSELF TO BE A HEALTHIER YOU. I HAVE ONE GOAL IN MIND FOR ME I WANT TO GET BACK TO THIS GUY 3xionmklyng0.jpg NOT THIS GUY x1o4tr3fi1em.jpg

SO AS WE SAY IN THE NAVY "SAILOR IT'S TIME TO TURN AND BURN "pk740548uafy.jpgFULL SPEED AHEAD AND AFTER BURNERS ON
    AND REMEMBER WARRIORS
    5886mccjyfau.png

NOW LET'S GET TO THIS PHAT LOSING MUSCLE TONING, HEALTH LIFESTYLE THING AND KICK SOME ROYAL BUTT
    HOO YAH

• SallyLuvsFitness
    edited October 2019
    @Navydaddjtc 👏👏👏🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙌🙌🙌

Thanks for all you do!! 👍👍👍
  • carolynsivik
    @carolynsivik - that’s such a bummer about your foot! Are you going to try to do half again? You should! I definitely wasn’t in-shape when I did mine, I think I was even still in the obese BMI range.

• carolynsivik
    edited October 2019
    @Shortgirlrunning I'm going to try. It's still on my bucket list and I'm too stubborn not to do it.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited October 2019
    hodoiv1c4awk.pngp0hycjtjsoi9.png
    tomxopctb37o.jpg
    fa5qdxd4w7ba.png

THOSE OF YOU THAT RUN OR WALK OR ANYTHING IN BETWEEN WE ARE LOOKING FOR MEMBER TO THE WOW'S STEP TEAM.

JUST LET US KNOW IF YOU WANT TO JOIN. WE WILL ALSO NEED YOUR DAILY STEP GOAL
    I AM IN ...NAVYDADDJTC.....11,000
    AFTER YOU DO THAT ALL THERE IS LEFT TO DO IS GET OUT THERE AND BOOGIE THOSE FEET OF YOURS
    THEN POST THOSE STEPS ON THE TEAM THREAD AND SALLY OR MYSELF WILL POST THEM ON THE SPREAD SHEET.

NOW SINCE I WAS DISCOMBOBULATED LAST WEEK WITH MEGA DOC APPOINTMENT HERE IS THE LAST 2 WEEK WINNERS

yhusozn6z42b.png
    WEEK 3 WINNERS
    1ST PLACE ...@RUNARML
    2ND PLACE....@SLIMN2016
    3RD PLACE...@FITNESS327WK

CONGRATS LADIES WELL DONE

yhusozn6z42b.png
    WEEK 4 WINNERS
    1ST PLACE ...@RUNARML
    2ND PLACE....@SLIMN2016
    3RD PLACE...@FITNESS327WK

AGAIN CONGRATS LADIES WELL DONE

• shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    My daily goals (10/30)

1. 10,000 steps ✅ 10778
    2. Calories < 1500 ✅ 1417
    3. 30 min exercise ✅ 30
    4. Log all food ✅
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    My goals for this month are:

Row 39,000 meters for the month increasing each week by 500m (First week: 2500m x 3 days, Second week: 3000m x 3 days, Third week: 3500m x 3 days, Fourth week: 4,000m x 3 days)

Stay on plan everyday but Thanksgiving.

Drink 64 oz of water a day.
This discussion has been closed.