OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• Paulabobadilla
    Paulabobadilla Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies

Feeling much better, aside from this horrible cough I have. It comes and goes now so it's getting better too.

House is coming along nicely. My husband is almost done with the shower. I may go down today and finish mudding the bathroom so I can get it painted. We'll see how today goes first. I went down and got the living room cleared out, (well for the most part)

I'll post more pictures once bathroom is done. Dining room is done, well my husband needs to put boarder around the sliding glass door then it'll be done. Living room won't take much work, aside from replacing some drywall, painting and laying carpet. Our bedroom will need a lot of work. Once the living room is done I'll have electric inspected and turned on along with water.

Well off here to start my day. Have a great day.

Oh Diane, how is Elise doing? Is vomiting any better?

Paula
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Quiet here past couple of days.

Not much going on here. Well the house is coming along, I'll share more pics as soon as we finish bathroom and dining room. Dining room only needs boarder around the sliding glass doors and the fan/light hung. Bathroom shower is almost done. We need to get in there to mud and sand so I can paint, then he'll install the toilet. And we'll only have 2 rooms left and carpet to lay. Geesh seems like it's taking forever but it's not like we work on it every day so there's that. Today I want to go down and try to move more stuff out of livingroom so I can mud whatever needs done on the walls, pull carpet padding tacks, sweep and get it ready for Luis to work on the stuff I can't do lol. I'm more the prepper, painter and cleaner of this remodel while he is the construction worker. Teamwork baby teamwork 🤣🤣

Well I hope everyone is doing well. Talk with everyone soon.
    Paula
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. We spent the last few days on the Skyline Drive - one of my favorite places in the whole world. People always ask me what my favorite National Park is, and I tell them I can only give them a top five, not a favorite. The one I include that always surprises everyone is Shenandoah. I love it because it is so *pretty* and so approachable. It may not be as grand as some of the western parks, but everyone can access so many aspects of it, from driving the drive, to the many visitor centers and lodges, to the short walks and the strenuous hikes. And in the fall, the colors are gorgeous.

Carrie went with us, and I think she really enjoyed it too. Pictures in the Travels with Charly4 facebook page.

Elise is all better. Apparently she quit vomiting Friday night. Rossanne's dad stayed with her on Monday, but Tuesday she went back to daycare and also for a check with her doctor. The conclusion is that she had a virus to begin with, but following the BRAT diet for five days really, really messed her up, and they shouldn't do that again. Brad stopped by here with here yesterday afternoon on his way home from the doctor, and she was just full of energy and joy! So glad to see that.

Paula, i have a nagging cough too. Mine is (I think) a seasonal allergy I have finally developed after living in Maryland for almost 40 years. Hope yours goes away soon.

Bert, Happy belated birthday. I never do FB happy birthdays, and I guess I missed yours not checking in here over the weekend. Sounds like you have a busy week this week!

Patti, I find that many of today's youth really are motivated and polite. I think the few give the many a bad reputation.

Janet, yay for even a few good days! I must admit my eating the last few days has been not good. Scale is not showing a gain, but sometimes the gains and losses lag the bad behavior by a few days. We'll see what this week brings.

Waving to Cindy and Karla, if you are checking in.

Diane
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    quick stop. I think I have shared this before but worth repeating. The very best remedy for those nagging coughs is to mix equal parts honey and lemon juice or vinegar and take a spoonful as needed. Lovely time with Mom yesterday. I then decorated a tshirt with all the things my TRX instructor says every class to wear tomorrow. He will get a big kick out of it.
    Diane, what a relief to hear Elise is recovered and it a viral thing. I love, love, love Skyline Drive, all of Shenandoah and the Blue Ridge. If I could live somewhere else any of those would work.

Paula, glad you are better and that work seems to be sailing along on the house. are the littles going to trick or treat? costumes?

need to get moving, lunch with the girls and work awaits.

Patti
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Good morning,

Diane, so glad Elise finally stopped vomiting. I'm sure it was scary to deal with.

Patti, my mom always gave us honey and lemon when we were growing up. I passed it down to my kids. I need to pick up some honey and lemons.

Well ladies, my husband finished tiling the shower yesterday. I'm going down today to mud in there so we can get it sanded and painted. I'm sure it'll take longer to dry with the cold front we have coming through, but at least it'll get mudded today. I started on livingroom. Need to replace parts of the ceiling but other than that it'll be easy. Then on to downstairs bedroom. It needs a lot of work lol but still easier than kitchen and bathroom.

Feel sorry for trick or treaters here tonight. Windchills will be in the 20's brrrrrrr. I'll probably keep the baby while my daughter takes the boys out.

Have a great day!
    Paula
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    I hope everyone is ok with me starting and omg ladies private group on fb. I just thought we can share pictures, videos and what not on there. It's not meant to take place of MFP in any way. I just thought this way it'll save everyone's photos and videos to the group photos and video folders. I'm making all that join an admin so everyone can change profile pics and such. We can even save recipes that are shared in the group. No one can see the posts except the members. Cindy, Diane, Bert, Susie and Janet have joined so I hope Patti and Karla do too.

Please let me know if you don't like the idea of a private FB group. We can't upload videos here and there have been many time I can't get pics to upload either.

Paula
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm thankful that it's sunny today. Yesterday was a miserable day and it eventually snowed a little. We only had 4 trick-or-treaters last night, but had several Wednesday night. I've been very busy traveling for student visits. I have a visit today, but it's local. Next week, I'm traveling to northern IN twice! I'll be glad when next week is over.

Paula: Your FB group is a great idea; however, I declined the admin, so I hope that doesn't cause a problem with the group. I wasn't sure about the admin. part; how that works.

I'm getting my hair cut today. I've been trying to grow it out a little. I know it just needs trimmed, I just can't do much with it and don't have the patience to style it everyday. We shall see how much will be taken off!

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Paula, I love the idea and will go to FB next to join. You will have to be our lead on the technical stuff I think, lol.

Bert, you certainly have had a busy travel quarter with your students. I am growing my hair out too and am almost past the "I can't do a thing with it" phase. However, it appears I have more curl than I used to have and now have to do a bit more styling than I am used to doing. I did get a straightening brush and can't imagine life without it, lol. It really works so much easier than a flat iron.

I spent a good deal of my day yesterdsay in my craft room cleaning and organizing. Removed another piece of furniture that will be going to the cabin today with Edd. I also threw away 2 huge stacks of magazines and have a shopping bag full of DVDs (mostly complete tv series) to take to Half Price Books for some store credit. I have the entire day to do as I wish today. No work, no outside commitments and pretty soon no Edd or Frankie, lol. The part for the boat finally arrived so he will be going to put it in and winterize the boat and the cabin. Also going to bring home the rest of the seats that need recovered this winter. I am going to finish up the curtains for my granddaughter so we can hang them next week. I have some other small sewing projects I want to try out for Christmas gifts. Then I have to work Saturday and Sunday. At least they changed the start of the current sale to Friday so I got out of doing sale signs for once, yippee say my feet!

Waving hi to everyone and wishing you joy, peace and love.
    Patti
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Bert, no worries about the admin part. I just figured I'd give everyone the option to change the cover photo or make changes to whatever they want. We don't get trick or treaters here either. My grandkids didn't even go truck or treating. The winds were strong and it was just too cold. I'll go out today to buy them candy so at least they'll have that part of the holiday.

Patti, sounds like you've been busy with craft room. We are working on the house still, obviously, lol. I love homemade Christmas gifts!!! I'll be glad everyone joined the group. I was hoping no one would feel like I was trying to take charge and take away from MFP.

Babysitting my two youngest grandkids today. Big boys are at school so I'll have them when they get home too.

I went down and started mudding the bathroom yesterday. Then started clearing more stuff out of living room to get ready to start in there. It got too dark in there as it was raining all day and a darker cloud passed over so I left and we didn't go back when my husband got home because it was just too cold.

Well I'm thinking about going back too ww meetings instead of online only. Maybe that'll help me stay on track. I do good a couple days then horrible. It's a vicious cycle that I need to end.

Have a great day and please do share your pictures, videos or whatever you want in fb group. I created it to have fun with.

Paula
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. It's another sunny day here today. I'm going to finish cleaning up the house, and get outside to do some yardwork. I need to address a few flower beds in preparation for winter.

Have a great day.

Bert
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Dang it I hit done instead of post uuuggghhhh. Ok so now short and sweet. Have baby Luis so not working on house, my husband is though. Need to get to grocery but not sure that I will today we'll see.

I was down this week so need to keep up momentum this week.

Bert, enjoy your sunny day!!

Paula
  • EniadS
    Options
    I’m off at Maryland Scout Orienteering day today. I taught this morning, then did the super advanced route solo. My Fitbit says 8.6 miles and 92 flights so far. But snack was cookies! I think I burned them off.

Talk more later. It is almost time for awards. We’ll see how the girls I instructed this morning did !
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. After church, it's fire pit day! I'm so looking forward to it. Last night a group of us went to an Amish dinner. I definitely overate as everything was so good. The passed around a pitcher for us to pay for our meal. We had a great time.

Diane: I'm sure you did burn off the cookies. I need to burn off the Amish pies today! :smile:

Paula: I need to focus more on healthy choices. I do pretty well with breakfast and lunch choices, but dinner is another story. I'm going to make another pot roast today and then make vegetable beef soup with it. I might get ambitious and get two roasts and fix Italian beef with the other.

Patti: You definitely had a productive day! I spent time organizing the "office/spare room/craft room/whatever you want to call it! :wink: At least I organized papers and receipts for easier filing. I'm also trying to have things in totes on the closet shelves for easier dusting!
    :p

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    Blessings to all the bright sunny Sunday. I survived another grueling 8 hours at Joanns, last one I have to do. The manager made a point of letting me know the new schedule was out and there were no 8 hour shifts on it. He is such a sweet guy. I am so pleased with all the new hires so far. He does a much better job than the last store. All seem willing and eager not only to work but to learn. He also chose ones that seem to be able to converse with the customers easily. I work 6 hours today and want to look over some of the clearance fabric if I get a chance because there is another 30% off the already super low clearance price. I was too tired to play in my newly tidied craft room but will find time soon as I have some projects I want to get done for Christmas.

Diane, you definitely burned off those cookies! I love that you found a volunteer job that is just made for you. I was going to try to make the car seat blankets and don't you know the first piece I cut was too small and, of course, I didn't have any more of the fabric and nothing to use instead. Luckily Joanns is always supplied and happy to sell me more. The new super flannel is on sale for $2.99 a yard so I am stocking up with some cute baby patterns and some others just because they are pretty. I am going to try to make some pjs for my DIL out of the sweetest penquin fabric I have ever seen, and she is a huge penquin fan.

Bert, I am in the same spot, eating well during the day and dinner on is a bust. I know if I would just plan I would do better but I am a very poor dinner planner. I think because my hours are so different day to day and I never know what time Edd will be getting home it throws me off. I did much better when our schedules were more predictable. Just need to figure something out because I am not happy with my current situation. Would love to find a site that you can plug in all the foods you love that are WW friendly and it spits out a menu.
    Enjoy your firepit. I love fall fires.

Paula, thanks again for starting up the FB closed group. It is so much easier to post pictures and other such important stuff there. I love the new bathroom. Luis did an amazing job on the tile, so luscious looking. Baby Luis is certainly a joy and has the others at his beck and call doesn't he? I still can't get over how big Adi is.

Janet, always thinking of you and Theo. I hope you are enjoying this nice cool weather. James must like the golfing even better now that it is not so hot.

Cindy, in my prayers every day and hope you find time to pop in and let us know you are doing ok.

Karla, I know this was a very emotional weekend but I bet Kerry's Celebration of Life was beautiful and full of love from family and friends. My heart goes out to you.

Need to fix an omelette and think about getting ready for work soon but still have some research to do for some Christmas gifts. Until later my friends
    Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm traveling today to northern IN for a student visit this afternoon and tomorrow morning. So, I won't be posting much for the next couple of days.

I didn't get to have my firepit yesterday as it was too windy; much disappointed.

Bert
  • EniadS
    Options
    Good morning all. Hanging around the house today except for a couple of errands this morning. I’m on the phone right now waiting for the gastro to clarify the prep instructions for my colonoscopy. According to the instructions they gave I would have to get up at 4 am for the second half of the prep! And then probably be awake for the next several hours.

Patti, I need some more of the super flannel for more blankets. I’ll have to check them out, maybe Wednesday. Hope the sale lasts that long.

Bert and Patti, I guess one thing I have going for me is I am definitely a planner. I guess it is a hangover from the days when I was working 50+ hour weeks. I plan 5-7 dinners for the week before I do the weekly shopping. And I still hate shopping more than once a week, so I really do spend some planning time.

• luzingg
    Options
    Good morning, it is cold and a bit dreary here. Have to do a grocery run and then maybe some sewing before gym at 5:30. Work was not nearly as busy and we had extra help. I had to stop myself from buying more fabric. I don't have a project for it or room to store it. My vow when I started this job was not to hoard fabric. Until recently I have done well with this.

Diane, the sale is on until Saturday. I am making the blankets out of fleece since they will be born in the winter. Hoping they turn out. Will post pics on FB once done. I am only going to bind the openings for the belts to come thru. I hate working with binding.

Bert, safe travels and sorry about the no firepit.

Time to finish my coffee and then get this day rolling.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Finally having coffee (once a month I have to wait an hour after taking Boniva, and it's not pretty).

It's gorgeous here today and yes, MY weather. James is not a fan of the cold - he has to golf in - gasp - long pants! Guys and shorts - weird to me, but ...

The chat about scheduling meals hit home here too. James's digestive issues make it hard to plan here. I have butternut squash to make soup and will probably make a big pot of chili this week too, so there'll be healthy stuff in the freezer for catch-your-own-meal nights, which happen a couple of times a week. Trying to make smart choices here too - we struggle together, which helps in an odd way.

Had the guts of both toilets replaced yesterday - they are builder-grade and the hard water and 8 1/2 years of use wore the original parts out. The plumbing company I use sent the nicest guy and he did both on a special 2-for-1 price I didn't know about, which was a blessing (especially because I just got me real estate tax bill on Saturday).

Karla, saw your family photos from Kerry's gathering - looks like you created a worthy celebration of his life.

OK, must get on with my day - post office, store returns, and I need a new toaster. The current one's old and no longer toasts evenly but it cost <$10, so no complaints. Party!

• Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Good morning,

Been busy this morning, got Adi up and ready for school. Took her, came home went over housing code ordinance that we are adopting, made adjustments that I think need to be made. We have a council meeting tonight to go over it with each other so we can vote on it.

Then I went to get the permit for the electric inspection for the house. They will be here for the inspection tomorrow so fingers crossed that it passes so we can get meter installed and not have to hire someone to fix anything. We got this house at a great price but all the work is costing a fortune, that we don't have lol

Patti, I haven't seen the finished product yet lol, I will be down there tomorrow so I'll get good pictures of finished product. Baby Luis has everyone wrapped around his finger but papaw Luis is beyond wrapped. Baby Luis came right after his mom and sister were murdered so he was Luis heart healing miracle ♥️♥️♥️ Patti, you can use your hoarded fabric for a blanket for me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Diane, believe me when I say you'll be awake anyway. Sleep close to a bathroom and go as soon as you feel it. I almost didn't make it a few times. The prep is aweful.

Janet, great deal on the toilets!! Love when there are wonderful surprises like that. I need to get to the grocery but don't see that happening today, but you never know with me.

My hip, knee and ankle are giving me fits today. Happens every year when cold first sets in. My muscle/tendons freeze up or something.

Gotta pick Adi up in a few so I'm going to rest until then.

Have a great day!
    Paula

• EniadS
    Options
    Well, THAT ordeal is over with. Clean bill of health, so I don't need to go again for 5 years. We went out to breakfast afterwards, and I was relatively behaved. I had a western omelet, an english muffin with homemade jam, and a few potatoes. Yesterday I only had 20 calories (cup of broth) all day, so I was starved. Going to try to not eat again until dinner, which is already planned. Maybe an apple later.

I've been really lax about tracking, so I think tomorrow I will get right back to it.

Paula, hope you are feeling better today. How did the inspection go?

Bert, the schools must be trying to cram everything in before the holiday season starts! Is this your last week of heavy travel for a while?

Janet, my big purchase today was almost as exciting as a toaster (and we need a new one of those too.) I bought el-cheapo blaze orange vests and hats. The surveyors are finally done and we want to walk the boundaries at the land this week, but it is hunting season and I know of at least five stands surrounding us.

Patti I need to get some fleece for blankets for the new baby - due in January, so cold yes! And the fleece one I made for Elise is definitely girly. I may try stitching and turning the outside edge too - I don't mind working with binding on the flannel, but on the fleece it is hard! I also need to work on a replacement mobile, and his quilt. My mom made a quilt for each of her grandchildren, and for the first two great grands. I finished a top she had started for the third great grand, so I guess I am taking up the role. I've never done much quilting, so it is learn as I go.

Scheduling meals: Especially in winter, I love doing soups and stews in the crock pot. I try to do two a week. Usually they are very low in points/calories. Here is one Carrie found and made last week - very hearty and tasty! I just couldn't eat the leftovers because quinoa doesn't fit on the low fiber diet I had to follow. 3 FP per serving, no nutrition info posted but it can't be many calories either.

https://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/crockpot-chicken-veggie-quinoa-soup-video/

Diane