WORKOUT WARRIORS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @jcgator2016 πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸŒŸπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ€©πŸ€© So awesome, congratulations to your son!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    DAILY GOALS: Friday, 11/22

βœ… Logged food
    ❌ Stayed under calorie goal
    βœ… 1 hour+ of cardio (Physical Therapy)
    ❌ Maintained IF schedule w/ No food after dinner
    βœ… Water: 191.6 oz.

Friday, 11/22

πŸ‘£STEPS: 5,079

πŸ—£Comments/Goals: Rest day & self care day. I had my hair salon visit, physical therapy, grocery shopping, cleaning and a cheat meal--family dinner. Still had a pretty bad stiff and sore neck, so my PT worked on it for me this morning as part of my session.

Tomorrow back on plan, flu shot at the doc and gym (cardio and strength).
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    @jcgator2016 BTW Jim...you know I am loving that Boston Red Sox hat you are sporting in your profile pict right?!! πŸ™ŒπŸ˜βšΎοΈ GOOO SOX!
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    @jcgator2016 BTW Jim...you know I am loving that Boston Red Sox hat you are sporting in your profile pict right?!! πŸ™ŒπŸ˜βšΎοΈ GOOO SOX!

Nance, you know I'm a big Sox fan.

I don't think I mentioned this, but I was in Boston for a 2 game series in July. We were in Long Island, NY for a week. My wife's cousin was getting married, so I rented a car and made the 4 hour ride to Boston.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    @jcgator2016 that's awesome!! πŸ™ŒβšΎοΈ
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,007 Member
    Options
    Nov 21
    βœ…1. 7,500 STEPS or more daily. 9248
    ❌ 2.5 πŸ˜•Eat fewer calories than my daily goal with at least 5 servings of fruit/veg daily
    βœ…3. Create (not imagine or read about), but actually create art each day.
    βœ… 4. Use UltraVolt on muscles 5 mins daily & arm/back stretches another 5 mins daily.
    βœ…5. Immediately catch self if thinking negative body thought & say something very Positive about my body & something about how grateful I am to be thin & healthy.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    22 Nov Recap:

Logged all Foods
    Calories Under (13g over carbs)
    Exercise: No
    Steps: 5177
    Water: 78 oz

Swelling went down considerably this morning. Rest, ice and advils did the trick. Went to Costco with the wife, walking around, knees started swelling, and a little pain.

Had x- rays and MRI done, acute medial meniscal tear on same knee I tore Sept 2018. So more PT, ice and advils. Also synovitis in both knees with arthritis. Synovium is the membrane that lines the joints and produce fluid that lubricates the joints. When the joints get inflammed, it produces more fluids that cause the swelling.

So pickleball is out. Going to gym tomorrow and see if the trainers can come up with a workout.

@jcgator2016 ...JC the steps are posted...holy crap what a transformation that your son accomplished....you ought to invite him to the team for Dec.

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    DAILY GOALS: Friday, 11/22

βœ… Logged food
    ❌ Stayed under calorie goal
    βœ… 1 hour+ of cardio (Physical Therapy)
    ❌ Maintained IF schedule w/ No food after dinner
    βœ… Water: 191.6 oz.

Friday, 11/22

πŸ‘£STEPS: 5,079

πŸ—£Comments/Goals: Rest day & self care day. I had my hair salon visit, physical therapy, grocery shopping, cleaning and a cheat meal--family dinner. Still had a pretty bad stiff and sore neck, so my PT worked on it for me this morning as part of my session.

Tomorrow back on plan, flu shot at the doc and gym (cardio and strength).

@slim2016

steps posted....sounds like a full day yesterday and a mild packed day today... I guess i should root for the BRS since my Mariners couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag last season or any season lately..... but I am going to stick with them and my national league Dodgers and Giants.... I am really more of NL guy since even the pitcher bats.... no sitting on the bench for them.
    Nov 21
    βœ…1. 7,500 STEPS or more daily. 9248
    ❌ 2.5 πŸ˜•Eat fewer calories than my daily goal with at least 5 servings of fruit/veg daily
    βœ…3. Create (not imagine or read about), but actually create art each day.
    βœ… 4. Use UltraVolt on muscles 5 mins daily & arm/back stretches another 5 mins daily.
    βœ…5. Immediately catch self if thinking negative body thought & say something very Positive about my body & something about how grateful I am to be thin & healthy.

@MadisonMolly2017

steps posted..... wtg on hitting your goals

• holmesp603
    holmesp603 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team
    Awesome story lines!!
    Not feeling so well but determined to press on! Working on my daily goals
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options

Swelling went down considerably this morning. Rest, ice and advils did the trick. Went to Costco with the wife, walking around, knees started swelling, and a little pain.

Had x- rays and MRI done, acute medial meniscal tear on same knee I tore Sept 2018. So more PT, ice and advils. Also synovitis in both knees with arthritis. Synovium is the membrane that lines the joints and produce fluid that lubricates the joints. When the joints get inflammed, it produces more fluids that cause the swelling.

So pickleball is out. Going to gym tomorrow and see if the trainers can come up with a workout.

That really stinks about the knees. I hope they get better soon. Good job on going to the gym - if anyone can help with the workout, it seems like it would be your trainers there!! Hugs & hope for a swift recovery.
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @jcgator2016 Jim - thanks for sharing about your son. All I can say is WOW! He doesn't even look like the same person. That is really impressive. Great inspiration!
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @SLIMn2016 What a busy Friday you had, Nancy! All great stuff. WTG!

@MadisonMolly2017 Good job on goals!

@holmesp603 GOOD MORNING! Hope you feel better soon.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Going to gym tomorrow and see if the trainers can come up with a workout.

Hope all goes well today at the gym... let's now! Healing wishes!
    Good Morning Team
    Awesome story lines!!
    Not feeling so well but determined to press on! Working on my daily goals

YOU KNOW YOU CAN! Get well! <3
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    CANNOT FIND MY GYM MOJO TODAY.... this happens when I take a day off and have a cheat meal :*:#:s
    hdaba51occgh.png
    ww63fnd6fhgu.png

BUT I KNOW THE DEAL....
    6pyvac1wey9n.png

...THANK YOU FOR MOTIVATING ME...I see you all pressing on through illness and injury--- you are stellar!!
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @jcgator2016 You must be a proud father. What an amazing accomplishment for your son! I hope that your trainer can come up with something and that you feel better soon.

• jcgator2016
    Options
    22 Nov Recap:

Logged all Foods
    Calories Under (13g over carbs)
    Exercise: No
    Steps: 5177
    Water: 78 oz

@jcgator2016 ...JC the steps are posted...holy crap what a transformation that your son accomplished....you ought to invite him to the team for Dec.

Thanks, Chief. My son isn't into social media. He's always been a private person. He wouldn't be happy with me if he found out I posted his pics.
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    @jcgator2016 You must be a proud father. What an amazing accomplishment for your son!

Thanks! I am definitely following you since you dropped triple digits. What an accomplishment!
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Stay under my calorie goal (currently 1740) βœ”1711

Get 5,000 steps a dayβœ” 5056, it was a walking rest day, my hip and back needed one.

No eating out βœ”

Exercise for at least 20 minutes a day. βœ” 40 minutes exercise bike

No caffeine after 1pm (my dr's suggestion for sleep issues) βœ”
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Daily Goals 11/22
    1. 30 Min Exercise βœ…
    2. Step Goal (10K) βœ…
    3. No Eating Out 🚫
    4. Under Sodium Limit 🚫
    5. 1 Hr. Knitting βœ…