TEAM: The Slimsons (December)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• AB0215
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to December!!

My name is Ashley @AB0215 I will be your captain for this month.

Here's a little about me:
    I am 33, and I have been overweight basically my entire life and in the last 2-3 years or so, I decided to change that, I have been working towards that goal for the past year. I'm down 110+ lbs and I still have a way to go, but I will get there. Let's do this!

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month, I'd actually like to encourage this as I know that for me it helps me to have some accountability and helps me reach my goals when I share them..and with that in mind, my goal this month is to lose 5 pounds. I've been training for an Olympic Style Weight lifting competition and that was late last year, did okay, now I have some things to work on before my next one!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!
    Side note--I follow a Ketogenic diet for any that may be interested, I have tons of recipes and resources for anyone interested.

Welcome to December and let's make things happen this month together!!

Your Captain,
    Ashley (@AB0215)
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Hi Ashley, is there 1 more week for Nov? My nov thread is gone.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 wrote: »

I guess my app is acting funky. I logged out and logged back in and there it is. Lol.
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Sammy here! I am 57, fat n unfit for decades and have been on my fitness adventure for four years. Was doing awesome -down almost 60- but then had a meds related quirk that has ‘ helped’me regain 30lbs thru increased side effects of hunger, slowed metabolism, mild constant vertigo and chronic tiredness. and The meds WORK though, so I am not going off them. I have been fighting to stay under 200 but I feel like crap and hate all my ‘new’ big girl clothes. I seriously need to kick it up a notch in an effort to get lower again( and then some more if I can! 🤞). I do running and spartan races for motivation and have signed on for my first marathon in mid May and a knarly Beast in mid Aug 2020. I am eclectic in my fitness routines and hoping to find a balanced approach to that and food. Always the food!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Hello, I am Lori. 55 years old. I have been dealing with weight issues for over a decade. I was losing using myfitnesspal to log calories but I stopped logging and gained some back, I was on this team last year. It is fun and helps motivate me.
  • lorib642
    @AB0215 I put thurs as a weigh in day it is a convenient day for me. Should I weigh myself on this Th?
  • RetroJoe28
    RetroJoe28 Posts: 218 Member
    Hello i am Joe i am 39 turn 40 on January 28th. Im wanting to hit 180s by end of dec and hopefully see the 170s by feb. Ive struggled with weight i blame beer and bad food choices over the years. Im going to try mostly plant based diet and exercise 5 days a week. Joing group seems to help me and love to encourage others. I also have a fit bit which helps me keep my steps in check. Good luck team we got this!!!
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Hi, I'm Deb. I've been on a roller coaster with my weight for 7 or 8 years now, trying to get from 160 down to 130. I can lose 10-15 lbs, and then relax & "take a break" & then the next thing I know, I'm back up to 160 again. This past year has been super stressful & by the time I realized I couldn't fit into my jeans any more, the scale was reading 175(!). I'm sick and tired of the yo-yoing & I want to make it stick this time.

This looks like a lot of fun. Looking forward to it!
  • RetroJoe28
    @ab0215 i weight in on mondays. There are 5 mondays in dec do i weight in all 5 or last 4 mondays? Thanks
  • AB0215
    RetroJoe28 wrote: »
    @ab0215 i weight in on mondays. There are 5 mondays in dec do i weight in all 5 or last 4 mondays? Thanks

@RetroJoe28 Starting Dec 1st, we will be running 5 weeks for Dec which is going to have the challenge officially finishing in Jan, but we run week to week so it doesn't always align perfectly with the month beginning and ending so the bottom line is you will weigh in 5 times each Monday starting with Dec 2. Hopefully that makes sense to you.
  • AB0215
    lorib642 wrote: »
    @AB0215 I put thurs as a weigh in day it is a convenient day for me. Should I weigh myself on this Th?

@lorib642 I would say ideally probably yes, but at the same time, it's probably not a huge deal if it's a couple days off.
  • AB0215

I guess my app is acting funky. I logged out and logged back in and there it is. Lol.

@vicky2767 Yes, this is the last week of Nov, and you can always get to the threads from the community page and click on the biggest loser group and find the appropriate thread, although I definitely prefer the web version for the threads, the app just challenges me and I don't like it lol.
  • AB0215
    Sammy here! I am 57, fat n unfit for decades and have been on my fitness adventure for four years. Was doing awesome -down almost 60- but then had a meds related quirk that has ‘ helped’me regain 30lbs thru increased side effects of hunger, slowed metabolism, mild constant vertigo and chronic tiredness. and The meds WORK though, so I am not going off them. I have been fighting to stay under 200 but I feel like crap and hate all my ‘new’ big girl clothes. I seriously need to kick it up a notch in an effort to get lower again( and then some more if I can! 🤞). I do running and spartan races for motivation and have signed on for my first marathon in mid May and a knarly Beast in mid Aug 2020. I am eclectic in my fitness routines and hoping to find a balanced approach to that and food. Always the food!

@SammyDee2015 Unfortunately the food is the biggest part of the process, you can out exercise a poor diet!! So frustrating as it is, we must be stronger than food and I might suggest a form of intermittent fasting in your case. Intermittent fasting is really the only way I keep control, for me, it's easier to fast than to eat. It's also a natural way to reduce calories. Whatever you decide to try, we're here to help!! Welcome aboard!!
  • RetroJoe28
    AB0215 wrote: »
    RetroJoe28 wrote: »

@RetroJoe28 Starting Dec 1st, we will be running 5 weeks for Dec which is going to have the challenge officially finishing in Jan, but we run week to week so it doesn't always align perfectly with the month beginning and ending so the bottom line is you will weigh in 5 times each Monday starting with Dec 2. Hopefully that makes sense to you.

@AB0215
    Yep makes sense thanks. Have a great thanksgiving !
  • lorib642
    Lorib642
    Th
    SW. 175.6
  • lorib642
    @SammyDee2015 I have gained weight on meds, too, and I need them. I am trying reducing starchy carbs. I don’t have advice but I feel ya.
  • vicky2767
    Hi everyone. My name is Vicky. Ive been apart of this team since Jan. Been struggling a lot these past 4 or 5 months but determined to hang in there and get back to what I need to be doing. Will be tough with the holidays but I’m not giving up.
  • AB0215
    Hi everyone. My name is Vicky. Ive been apart of this team since Jan. Been struggling a lot these past 4 or 5 months but determined to hang in there and get back to what I need to be doing. Will be tough with the holidays but I’m not giving up.
    @vicky2767 I always say it's a slow process but quitting won't speed it up and slow progress is still progress.
    yb60jeu2q9vt.jpg
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    LadyRN76 here. This group has been beyond phenomenal for me. Through cheering each other on and offering sound advice and pick .e ups, I'm ready for December. I just turned my notice in at my job and am taking two weeks off after my notice, so trying to decrease my stress, not overeat at the holiday parties and stay consistent on my indoor bike trainer are my goals.

Welcome everyone!!!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited November 2019
This discussion has been closed.