Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes

Did well today, trying intermittent fasting

@KT4everFree Intermittent fasting is what really helps me stay on track now. It helps me to control my intake and my hunger, 2 things I have a real issue with. Hope it works for you!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW: 229
    CW: 228
    Comments: been very sick this week even had to miss work yesterday hoping I get better soon

@satchel2008 Sorry to hear that you're sick, hoping for a speedy recovery!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily post Thursday
    Track-yes
    Calories- over (again)
    Exercise-11,000 steps
    Ha well that focus plan didn't go well yesterday but today's another day! No time for actual exercise this week as works a bit hectic but on that 100% after Xmas until then in just going to try and focus on the calories and fit in steps and exercise as and when I can.

@smallhippo1 December is a hard month to stay on track, but the bottom line is if you can stay on track most of the time, you will still be heading in the right direction and tomorrow is always another day :smile:
  • AB0215
    Options
    DebJB30 wrote: »
    I really like the idea of this mini challenge, but I keep forgetting to post. I’m not finished with my steps or my dinner for tonight- hopefully I’ll remember to post later.

@DebJB30 You can set a reminder on your phone or post in the morning first thing, a lot of people do that.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    Options
    @KT4everFree I love IF. That really works for me! My window is 5 hours. I love eating in the evening so I can snack while watching TV! Healthy snacks of course...
  • RetroJoe28
    RetroJoe28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    **December Week 1**
    r76mnedgsrqo.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):

@CindyJNC1963.
    @Fanncy0626.
    @KT4everFree.
    @southgirl94.
    @caloricus.
    @Cydneebauman.
    @Digger61.
    @Dustyspal.
    @Sammydee2015.

A lot of members in the Winner's Circle this week!
    A few who were really close at 5 days posted this week:
    @DebJB30.
    @Kin59vara.
    @Smallhippo1.

Great job everyone!!
    v46vld4n6nrl.gif

Week 1 Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @RetroJoe28. - 2.55%
    2nd - @Mss9675. - 2.15%
    3rd - @DebJB30. - 1.63%

And congrats again to @Retrojoe28 for taking 1st overall!! Nicely done!

Also as a team, we placed first this week! Woot woot!!
    uohume43ad88.gif

Good job team. We did it :) thanks @AB0215 for the congrats. Was hard work gonna settle back down to 1-2 lbs a week now. Was nice to get a jump towards my goal.
  • AB0215
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Happy Monday! Let's make this week even better than last week!!

n998z5h9q89i.jpg
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Proud of myself for staying on track even with dinner out.
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    DebJB30

December Week 2

PW =168.8
    CW= 168.6

So....technically, it IS a loss.... :/ I could blame this weekend's pizza that probably had a high sodium count, but I've basically hung around 167.6-168.8 for the past week. Probably time to change something up. I'm really trying not to do anything this time that I won't want to keep up once I reach my goal weight (like go low carb - that backfires in the long run every time I do it). Maybe intermittent fasting. I tried that before with a 16:8 window, but I didn't do it very long & wasn't very committed to it.
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @KT4everFree I love IF. That really works for me! My window is 5 hours. I love eating in the evening so I can snack while watching TV! Healthy snacks of course...

I'm curious how you get enough healthy calories to eat in 5 hours. I had a hard time getting a minimum of 1000 calories to eat in an 8 hour window, with work and life happening. Remembering to eat before 8pm, when I wasn't always hungry for another meal was one of the hardest things. In a 5 hour window, I'd feel like all I did was eat. I guess if your window falls in the evening, that makes it easier. I guess maybe I never did it long enough to get adjusted to the schedule.
  • AB0215
    edited December 2019
    Options
    DebJB30 wrote: »
    I'm curious how you get enough healthy calories to eat in 5 hours. I had a hard time getting a minimum of 1000 calories to eat in an 8 hour window, with work and life happening. Remembering to eat before 8pm, when I wasn't always hungry for another meal was one of the hardest things. In a 5 hour window, I'd feel like all I did was eat. I guess if your window falls in the evening, that makes it easier. I guess maybe I never did it long enough to get adjusted to the schedule.

@DebJB30 There's a healthy debate on whether or not there is truly a "healthy amount of intake" and the variation from person to person is huge, and it depends on a lot of factors. Another thing to consider is the nutrition side of this. If you're trying to cut fat from your diet (something I recommend strongly against as research has shown time and time again our bodies and hormones need fat intake at least in some capacity) then yes, you are going to find it hard to take in "enough" calories. Not sure the diet plan you are trying to follow but I follow a Ketogenic diet, while limiting carbs, it does encourage taking in at least 60% of your intake in fat, which makes it a lot easier to get over the current suggested amount of intake because fat is more calorie dense. Keto isn't necessary to do intermittent fasting at all and you are absolutely able to do it while keeping your normal diet, whatever that looks like for you. You will likely just have to plan your choices more carefully if you're trying to hit a certain number, for example that 1200 calorie mark that everyone seems to attached to--which never worked for me, not once over my journey and not now either. That number may be different for you as well, something I encourage you to experiment with as well.

Also, your body does adjust. I'll refrain from cluttering up this already long message with science and terms, however it's important to realize that the reason we tend to feel hungry isn't actual hunger but instead a hunger hormone that's been trained to eat at certain times of the day, we actually trained our bodies to get hungry at certain times and that hormone that controls it basically remembers what time it is and tells you it's time to eat, when you may or may not be hungry and the best way to retrain it is to stick to your schedule. If 8pm rolls around and you don't feel hungry, don't eat. When your window opens up in the morning or afternoon or whenever it opens, feel free to eat then, you may or may not be hungry then....and if you're not hungry don't eat but DO force yourself to stick to the schedule that you set, and eventually your body will adjust and you will start feeling hungry at those times, and if it's easier, ease into it, start by delaying breakfast by an hour....and after this gets easier, take away another hour....eventually you'll adjust, and it really doesn't take long to do. And you can schedule your 8 hour window whenever it works best for you with work and life....I am naturally not hungry in the morning and I started there with that.

Another thing to consider that's really starting to blow up the idea that we need to meet a minimum is ADF (or Alternate Day Fasting) which is what I'm doing right now. The is currently doing more research going into why this works so well and why there are so many benefits that people are seeing from it...and when you consider that you're not eating for 36 hours out of every 48 hours, it's hard to imagine that you're taking in what has been recommended for so many years, which sort of makes you wonder about a lot of the recommendations in the health and weight loss space. I'm in no way suggesting that everyone run out and only eat every other day, I'm simply saying that there are options and no one way to do anything.

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    Options
    @DebJB30 I try to eat mostly Keto. I have supper around 5:00 then snack around 7:00. I don’t have any trouble eating enough healthy calories. The truth is that science really doesn’t know exactly how our bodies work. I’m a science teacher and have read so many contradictive hypotheses throughout my lifetime. Remember eggs... I try to eat mostly natural unprocessed food. When I’m not trying to lose I count calories.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    **December Week 1**
    r76mnedgsrqo.gif

@CindyJNC1963.
    @Fanncy0626.
    @KT4everFree.
    @southgirl94.
    @caloricus.
    @Cydneebauman.
    @Digger61.
    @Dustyspal.
    @Sammydee2015.

@DebJB30.
    @Kin59vara.
    @Smallhippo1.

Great job everyone!!
    v46vld4n6nrl.gif

Congrats to our top 3:
    2nd - @Mss9675. - 2.15%
    3rd - @DebJB30. - 1.63%

uohume43ad88.gif

That's awesome. 👍👍👍
  • CKS0806
    Options
    RetroJoe28 wrote: »
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    **December Week 1**
    r76mnedgsrqo.gif

@CindyJNC1963.
    @Fanncy0626.
    @KT4everFree.
    @southgirl94.
    @caloricus.
    @Cydneebauman.
    @Digger61.
    @Dustyspal.
    @Sammydee2015.

@DebJB30.
    @Kin59vara.
    @Smallhippo1.

Great job everyone!!
    v46vld4n6nrl.gif

Congrats to our top 3:
    2nd - @Mss9675. - 2.15%
    3rd - @DebJB30. - 1.63%

uohume43ad88.gif

Good job team. We did it :) thanks @AB0215 for the congrats. Was hard work gonna settle back down to 1-2 lbs a week now. Was nice to get a jump towards my goal.

Are we doing challenge on who posts everyday?
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Monday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ❌

Such a miserable, rainy day. Didn't walk. Came home and made some lasagna instead. Less than 400 calories for 1/8 of a pan. Yum!
  • KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments about IF, I’m doing an 8 hour window from Noon until 8pm. So I have lunch and dinner in that window to get my calories. Hope it shakes some weight loose. ;)
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: December 8th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: No
    Exercise: 6,900 steps

Was a little tired today so I didn't do my full walk.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

December: Week #2

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 176
    CW: 175.1
  • CKS0806
    Options
    Daily Post: December 8th Sunday