Replies

• Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Kenyaa3
    February Week 1
    PW:255.7
    CW:255.0

I apologize for being late with the weigh in. My birthday was yesterday and I’ve been celebrating since Sunday. I still am actually. Hope everyone is having a good week. After Friday I’ll be ready to get back focused on my goal.
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Kaj848
    February Week 1
    PW: 161.8
    CW: 162.0

Lots of changes for me this week. Starting full time at work after being part time for the last 5 years. Really going to have to work on planning out my time to exercise now since I won’t have any days off during the week.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Recumbent bike, 20 minutes; cleaning house 25 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Arm day!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No--went on a mini ice cream streak just now-oops!
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've been MIA for the last few weeks. But I got my life -somewhat- under control again and I'm hoping to back here regularly. My weigh-in day was Monday🙁

Metubal
    February week 1
    PW 179
    CW 179 (as of monday 2/3)

Cant figure out why I'm not losing weight. Maybe one day I'll wake up 3 pounds lighter? I always easily lose 4-6 lbs a month. This time I lost 2.4lbs only. 1 kg!!

Weekly report
    Sleep and bedtime: I managed to go to bed before midnight 5 out of 7 nights. Big victory for me. But I didn't go to sleep right away, I read or watched something on my phone. Need to work on this before it becomes a habit. At least I'm not in the kitchen😊 Plus regularly averaged 8 hours of sleep.

Calories/ tracked. At or slightly over my goal; tracked on paper, not on MFP.

Net Carbs: Averaged 40 net grams. On the higher end of my net carb window. It was Super Bowl weekend! And my husband, born and raised in Kansas, wanted this house turned into a sports bar😊 I came up with a low carb menu and we all loved it: air fried calamari (served with only lemon juice) and chicken strips (with no-sugar buffalo sauce and blue cheese dip) , shrimp with horseradish sauce, berries, nuts, small cheese -meat platter, and non-alcoholic beer for me:))

Water: 5-6 cups. Still haven't reached my goal of 8+ cups regularly.

Exercise: 10-minute brisk, 15-minute leisure walk everyday. Umm, translation: pacing the house angrily while on the phone fighting the insurance or pharmacy, or trying to coordinate all the medical appointments with doctors offices). I'm sure it doesnt count as exercise since the anger, tension and frustration are the dominant emotions. Sigh. I'm all done, though. So looking forward to real exercise this week.

I started sorting my seeds and prepping the planters. In 2 weeks, it will be time to start peppers and eggplants in the greenhouse, with heating mats and grow lights. Although... this year I might skip veggies and start a flower garden instead. I have 2 weeks to decide. We are in US hardiness zone 6a, pretty short growing season. I've been doing organic gardening for 8 years, and I think I'm ready to try flowers.

I talked enough to make up for my MIA days:)
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Tracked calories:yes
    exercised: No
    Did I stay within budget - almost!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a good week.February is so hard; I think it's always ok to acknowledge our struggles...we are all human and this is a human journey. So let's all try and have our best days and make the best choices we can, for ourselves and others, one moment at at time!

So, happy Friday and today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:
    @fe45243
    @keepingtrack1234
    @mayaVDM
    @zengen09
    Please post using this template:
    Username
    February Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    February 7
    Exercise: Yes (walk 5km in 38 mins - hills).
    Tracked: Yes
    Budget: Yes

Late walk after dinner.

Lowest weight recorded for me this morning in months. Expecting it to bounce up a little this weekend (not that there is anything explicitly planned).
  • zengen09
    zengen09 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    zengen09
    PW: 238
    CW: 238.4

Weighed a pound less yesterday. Probably had too much sodium for dinner
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Feb 7
    Exercised,? No only housework & babysitting my toddler grandson
    Calories? No went over
    Tracked? Yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Treadmill, 16 minutes; recumbent bike, 10 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

I intended on working longer at the gym but got a call and had to leave early. I really hated missing that hydromassage bed!! :(
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    MayaVDM
    February Week 1
    PW:171
    CW:171
    Maintain..I wish to be stronger to keep up with our awesome Team!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    fe452436 wrote: »
    fe452436
    February Week 1
    PW:203 lbs
    CW: 205 lbs

I am crying.Why is it so difficult to lose weight.I am disappointed with this cycle.Stayed at 201 and again up.I must lose weight as it is so important for me.Pre diabetes,herniated disk in back,depression and severe sleep apnea.All of these are directly or indirectly related to weight.
    Once I lost 10 pounds in one month so easily and got to 188 pounds.This time dropping a single pound is so much difficult for me.I will not give up as giving up means not tracking/ not being conscious.Weight will go up and up if not checked.

@fe452436. You do have a lot to cope with, all of these make losing weight difficult so it is no surprise that you are struggling.

Depression is the hardest one to deal with. This affects everything you do as your feelings are holding you hostage. For this one DEFINITELY seek professional help. CBT (cognitive based therapy) helps. Depending on your situation you may not need an anti-depressant medication.

Sleep apnea is serious and affects no only your sleeping, but your blood oxygen levels when you sleep. Consider getting properly tested and getting a CPAP machine. Good sleep is essential to living (as well as losing weight).

Herniated disc can limit mobility A LOT. This one I have actually had in my early 30s (with the attached sciatica). The disc bulged into the spinal column, so I needed a back brace to do any lifting. After more than a decade and a half, there is no evidence left of this. So this CAN heal but it takes a LONG time. Walking (not running or jogging) and swimming are good exercise that can still be done with this injury. It is HIGHLY recommended to keep a moderate level of activity that is still safe for the back so that the back muscles can strengthen and help support you through this injury.

Lastly, pre-diabetes can be helped with a low carb diet. Pre-diabetes and Type 2 diabetes are usually insulin resistance (as the insulin cannot reduce the blood sugars, so blood sugars remain too high). 2 approaches to this. #1 add insulin or another medication (poor choice as insulin makes you gain weight) or #2 reduce the intake of foods that raise blood sugars (best choice - so less blood sugar for the current insulin to deal with).

If you have be prescribed insulin, you want to reduce blood sugars ASAP to get off this. Added insulin makes weight loss REALLY hard.

Low carb diets include Keto and Atkins. Don't think of these diets as short term though, they will need to become lifestyle as your food preferences.

(side note: I also have diagnosed depression. Bad days are REALLY bad. Fortunately my family is understanding and helps me cope.)
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’m posting so late.
    Nebslp
    Week 1 Monday
    PW: 225.8
    CW: 226.2
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your words @craigo3154
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Feb 7
    Calories tracked? No. Probably over but not by too much. Didnt eat anything all day until 5pm (wasnt hungry), then went to a chocolate festival/contest! Nibbled a little bit at every contestant.

Net carbs: I dont want to know:(

Exercised? Walked leisurely for 3 hours at the festival:) Weather was good, about 38-39F. Incredibly warm for February.

Sleep: went to sleep at 2am, got up at 8am. Not good, but not too bad.

Weight:179.9. Up again:(

Water: 6 cups. Blah.

• craigo3154
    Options
    February 8
    Exercise: Yes (walk 3km in 23 mins - hills).
    Tracked: Yes
    Budget: Yes

Shorter walk today. Very windy.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    matthewsfive
    Feb week 1
    PW 176
    CW 176

Tried really hard this week, was hoping to get to a weight loss to hit my goal of losing 100 pounds by the end of the month. Down 93.4 pounds Since Jan 11 2019. Goal is so close, just need to get there.
This discussion has been closed.