• Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    MayaVDM wrote: »
    MayaVDM
    February Week 1
    PW:171
    CW:171
    Maintain..I wish to be stronger to keep up with our awesome Team!

I had you at 171.5 last week so you're down .5!! woot!!!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope your weekend is off to a wonderful start!
    We are having some friends over for dinner tonight; my plan is to have a glass or two of wine and not too much pizza and no dessert. :)
    What are you up to this weekend? How will keep your good habits going?

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:
    @allietuge
    @corriepelc
    @Cspdb3
    @FatimaStartsAllOver
    @Kiadams317750
    @matthewsfive: Got it thanks!
    @bonniehosk85
    Please post using this template:
    Username
    February Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    allietuge
    February Week 1
    PW: 163.3
    CW: 162.9
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Recumbent bike, 20 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Did another painting class where I was reminded of how much artistic talent I do not possess! I was going for what Laura Ingalls Wilder would have painted at six-years-old! :D
    v0wbbgzdl40z.jpeg
    I'm third from the left. Fun class!
    fc5co9rgcnvq.jpg
  • flourchild225
    flourchild225 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sorry, this is coming in late!

flourchild225
    February week 1
    PW: 125
    CW: 125.8
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    matthewsfive
    Feb week 1
    PW 176
    CW 176

Tried really hard this week, was hoping to get to a weight loss to hit my goal of losing 100 pounds by the end of the month. Down 93.4 pounds Since Jan 11 2019. Goal is so close, just need to get there.

From over 260 down to 176 is an incredible effort. You must feel amazing compared to when you started.

The closer to optimal BMI you get (usually 22), the harder losing weight gets. Do not be discouraged if you do not make it to 169.4 by end of February. The remaining 6.6 pounds will likely take to the end of March (as all the easier to shed pounds have long gone).

You know what to do. You have been doing it. Just keep doing it.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    February 9
    Exercise: Yes (walk 6km in 49 mins - hills).
    Tracked: Yes
    Budget: Yes

Longer walk today. Was very tired and my pace was not it's usual.

Went drone race flying in the morning. Was good to fly. Unfortunately things to fix before competition next week.
  • kiadams317750
    kiadams317750 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kiadams317750
    February week 1
    Pw: 265
    Cw: 265
  • Keepingtrack1234
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Good morning!

@33sandy1223
    @66Pinkie
    @Sillycat1975

Username
    February Week 2
    PW:
    CW:
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    Sorry I’m posting so late.
    Nebslp
    Week 1 Monday
    PW: 225.8
    CW: 226.2

Hello! You are actually a member of the Slimsons, so head on over to that group and post! Thanks!
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I go up 1 pound, I go down 1 pound. But I'm basically stuck at 179-180 lbs. At 5'2", this is a huge weight. Don't know why I'm stuck.

Exercise: i haven't exercised in 2.5 weeks. In broad terms, weight loss is achieved by calorie deficit, not work out, right? Apparently work out helps with creating a deficit, but doesnt cause weight loss on its own. So, that's not it.

Water: still about 4-6 cups. This is one goal I'm still struggling. Need to drink 10-12 cups (half of your body weight is the number of ounces of water you need: 90 oz for me).

Calories: I've been at or a little bit over my target. No problems here. But recently I snack a lot. instead of having 2-3 meals with no snacking at all, I'm grazing all day. This effects my insulin levels negatively. Needs work.

Net carbs: up to 40grams, while fiber went down to 12. Could this cause this much resistance to weight loss? It could. My fasting sugars have gone up, too. Insulin resistance must have kicked in again. Needs work.

Sleep: averaged 7.5 hrs last month. Went to bed before midnight about half of the month. Could do better but not the culprit for not losing weight.

Inflammation: a few years ago, I used to wake up very stiff in my lower back and ankles. Then I cut out all dairy and grains, stiffness went away in a few months. To experiment, I added organic heavy cream back to my diet, no inflammation. I added organic grains, no inflammation. Organic feta, no inflammation. Since January, though, I've been eating non-organic tortillas (2 mini ones per day) because I could not find organic high-fiber tortillas. And, bam, I started waking up stiff in the last 2-3 weeks. I will have to find another way of getting big amount of fibers, without increasing carbs crazily.

Stress management: I have ups and downs a lot. Caring for a medically fragile child is challenging and lonely. Haven't found a clear path on this journey yet.

Wrote a lot again....
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    metubal wrote: »
    I go up 1 pound, I go down 1 pound. But I'm basically stuck at 179-180 lbs. At 5'2", this is a huge weight. Don't know why I'm stuck.

Exercise: i haven't exercised in 2.5 weeks. In broad terms, weight loss is achieved by calorie deficit, not work out, right? Apparently work out helps with creating a deficit, but doesnt cause weight loss on its own. So, that's not it.

Water: still about 4-6 cups. This is one goal I'm still struggling. Need to drink 10-12 cups (half of your body weight is the number of ounces of water you need: 90 oz for me).

Calories: I've been at or a little bit over my target. No problems here. But recently I snack a lot. instead of having 2-3 meals with no snacking at all, I'm grazing all day. This effects my insulin levels negatively. Needs work.

Net carbs: up to 40grams, while fiber went down to 12. Could this cause this much resistance to weight loss? It could. My fasting sugars have gone up, too. Insulin resistance must have kicked in again. Needs work.

Sleep: averaged 7.5 hrs last month. Went to bed before midnight about half of the month. Could do better but not the culprit for not losing weight.

Inflammation: a few years ago, I used to wake up very stiff in my lower back and ankles. Then I cut out all dairy and grains, stiffness went away in a few months. To experiment, I added organic heavy cream back to my diet, no inflammation. I added organic grains, no inflammation. Organic feta, no inflammation. Since January, though, I've been eating non-organic tortillas (2 mini ones per day) because I could not find organic high-fiber tortillas. And, bam, I started waking up stiff in the last 2-3 weeks. I will have to find another way of getting big amount of fibers, without increasing carbs crazily.

Stress management: I have ups and downs a lot. Caring for a medically fragile child is challenging and lonely. Haven't found a clear path on this journey yet.

Wrote a lot again....

Thank you for sharing all of this with us; I am sorry that you are having stress challenges. All I can say is: you are doing wonderful, the very best you can...and that is all we can do. Life is tough and the big picture is that you are taking steps to take care of YOU. The weight will come down in time. Right now you are doing everything you can. It sounds like you have some clear action steps: ease up on snacking and eat real meals, drink more water and get more rest. You can do this. One step at a time. Best of luck and thank you again for your open sharing! :smile:
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I'm sorry you're dealing with so much, @metubal. As @Keepingtrack1234 said, you're doing wonderful. Hang in there and just keep plugging. You'll get there! :heart:

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Walked Ollie 24 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? I stretched and went on a short walk, but not really much in the way of exercise.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? I think?

The never ending gray is getting me down. I am leaning on carbs to make me feel better. I know that's normal and human, but I still feel not great. Some sunshine will help. Looking forward to that. I am going to make this a great week. :)
  • craigo3154
    Options
    metubal wrote: »

Wrote a lot again....

Good information.

A yes, weight loss is primarily intake. However the body does adapt the metabolism to the intake if it is too far in deficit or excess. Normal reductions (less than 500 cal per day over multiple weeks) seldom makes a noticeable change to base metabolism.

Unless you are an athlete, you burn far more just living than you will from exercise. The temptation is to eat more if you exercise, but often this extra is the same as (if not more) than you just used exercising.

If you walk for about 45 minutes per day (brisk pace - 4 mph), you burn maybe 250 extra calories. 250 calories is about 1/2 a chocolate chip muffin.

For keeping blood sugar low (good to combat pre-diabeties and type 2 diabetes), fasting, reducing snacking and/or a low carb/keto diet are generally used. Carbs have an insulin reaction in the body. Protein has an insulin reaction in the body, but much less than carbs. Fats have a minimal insulin reaction in the body.

Large amounts of fibre are only essential if you are eating a large amount of carbs. Fibre is the anti-carb. But taking fibre without carbs is like taking an antidote without the poison (serves little purpose). On a low carb diet, fibre should not be a major concern.

Glad you have been experimenting to find what causes inflammation. This will help you A LOT.

Just keeping a calorie deficit (averaging 250 to 500 calories per day) even without exercise should see weight slowly start to come off. (about a pounds a week). Limit snacking should help.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    February 10
    Exercised? Yes about 40 mins at the gym
    Calories? Yes Under
    Tracked? Yes
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Good morning!
    I hope everyone had a great weekend!
    What is your intention for this week? What is ONE HABIT you want to focus on?
    I am going to avoid snacking at work-this means packing enough healthy foods from home!

@abigail659
    @audreypawdrey
    @BB_1033
    @Coccolino30
    @looneycatblue
    @metubal

Username
    February Week 2
    PW:
    CW:
  • BB_1033
    BB_1033 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    BB_1033
    Feburary Week 2
    PW 165
    CW 166

Sorry for not checking in much this weekend. Hubby whisked us away to the beach this weekend spontaneously so was just soaking it up, the ocean breeze etc that is haha. Was loose with the food bc we were on a budget and it was a getaway right? Haha. I imagine that's where they pound came from. It'll come back off now worries 😉 One habit I want to focus on this week is getting better sleep.
This discussion has been closed.