What does your low carb meals look like??

Replies

• ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Has anyone tried the cauliflower rice? Best brands? Is it worth buying or making own?

I’ve done green giant. It was good. But I haven’t made my own so nothing to compare it to.

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member

Has anyone tried jackfruit? Looking at this made me think of it.
    Ketogenic dieters and those who are eating low-carb will want to be careful when choosing their jackfruits, as there are two types of fruit typically available for purchase. Sweet ripe jackfruit (the kind most commonly available in Asian supermarkets) is bright orange in color—however, it contains more carbohydrates and sugars as it ripens. You’ll want to look for the bright green underripe “young” jackfruits; this type of fruit has the texture that vegetarians look for in a meat substitute, and fewer carbs and calories.
    https://tasteaholics.com/news/the-pros-and-cons-of-jackfruit-20753/

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member

Has anyone tried the cauliflower rice? Best brands? Is it worth buying or making own?

I use the Walmart brand (I think it is). I like it and it is easy for sure. If I grate fresh, I like to brown it in a frying pan, but the packaged stuff just gets nuked and eaten with some xanthan gum gravy.

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    7fydd3r16hvo.jpg
    Today has been super productive as far as food goes. Chicken fried rice! I used miracle rice, chicken, eggs, and broccoli. 4g net carbs. 5-6g net if using soy sauce.

I get the frozen kind at Costco. I keep them on hand. It comes in 6 baggies(?) and tastes good. It's convenient and versatile.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    7fydd3r16hvo.jpg
    Today has been super productive as far as food goes. Chicken fried rice! I used miracle rice, chicken, eggs, and broccoli. 4g net carbs. 5-6g net if using soy sauce.

I get the frozen kind at Costco. I keep them on hand. It comes in 6 baggies(?) and tastes good. It's convenient and versatile.

I make my own. Cut cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor. I generally do it in batches pulling out any big pieces for the next go round. Then I saute in a pan with a little butter. I made it for a family get together dinner one night for someone low carbing and everyone fought over it rather than the regular rice that was also on the table, lol.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    9z4ikpa8iq9y.jpg
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    What is the bread? Looks like chocolate chip?
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Thanks I’ll have to try it!
  • hgaspard83
    hgaspard83 Posts: 66 Member
    everything looks so good
  • psuLemon
    xsifg7h7ouh5.jpg
    h9x6dpqzkcxo.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Dinner last night!

73th8uddtkmj.jpg
  • psuLemon
    A few more things.

6vlm1y0gni91.jpg
    khxtt99pscah.jpg
    36iz6i2awhy9.jpg
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    hidmj32ndot0.jpeg

Salmon, zucchini spirals cooked with bacon, konjac rice, yogurt-dill sauce. This was leftovers from a couple of other meals. Had a flax muffin for my evening snack to bring my fat levels up.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,382 Member
    Tonight it was grilled marinated flank steak over lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream, shredded cheese and hot Taco sauce with a dollop of homemade Queso on top.

Also splurged some carbs on a weighed out portion of good Tortilla Chips, with some more homemade queos.

Lunch was 6 strips of pan-fried center cut bacon, plus 3 eggs and 1 white fried in just a smidge of the leftover bacon fat, plus a cup of coffee and half and half

Indulged in a drink tonight. 3oz absokuty vanilla vodka mixed with diet A&W rootbeer.

Lindor Extra Dark chocolate truffle as a small treat. I freeze them and then consume slowly over about 10 minutes.