Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,092 Member
    Options
    HP sauce? Help. I like chunky wedges done in my air fryer with a combo of vegan mayo, no salt mustard and no salt ketchup. Lots of pepper too!

😂
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    7gokhm3ivta2.jpg

Spicy and gorgeous Lin. One of my favourites too. 😃
    Love that tea pot!
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I was just about to photograph my scruffy half full bottle LIN and JACKIE. HP stands for Houses of Parliament.
    You will notice the label at the top which says the Queen loves it as well! Maybe she also likes fried egg, peas and chips.
    Anne. - not the royal one!
  • linder4866
    Options
    Wonderful!!! Thanks for the information. ❤️😁❤️
  • pinkperil
    Options
    The pooches have been walked and it's another beautiful day but I see a Mackerel sky drifting in our direction that's heralding rain! :'( Never mind, a month of sunshine has seen me through what is hopefully the worst of lockdown. Now here's a thing, this morning as I walked towards the property where the gentleman who recently died of the virus lived I saw a group of people at the gate of the house next door. Newly arrived holiday makers in the garden leaning over the gate literally within inches of a couple standing with their dog. Lots of laughter from that direction as I gave them as wide a berth as I could manage on the narrow road so I'm guessing social distancing doesn't interest them! I can tell from the amount of traffic on the roads people are already breaking the rules and we haven't even had confirmation the country has reached its peak.... what a ghastly term that is when referring to too many deaths of peoples loved ones.

After George chewed his way into next door yesterday I had to find chicken wire to run along the hedge; this after a very tiring time cutting grass and the last of some wayward bamboo canes so I was not a happy bunny! Lin, no my neighbours don't mind, in fact they encourage him by letting him stay and play but did apologise when they finally tried to send him back only to find him in their garden again. I did laugh when she suggested he be trained to only go via their gate.... haha, as if stubborn George would ever stick to a rule like that!! :D

Like Anne I could have so much to comment on the orange man but because my blood presssure would probably go up I'm not going to waste my energies. I gather he's staying away from the virus briefings now because his performances are damaging his chances in November's election.... as someone said the other day that we met on our walk when everyone was incredulous at the disinfectant suggestion, the man has some sort of psychotic disorder.

Anyway, my coffee is finished so I will get myself out into the garden for a final tidy. Sue the gardener who worked here last year emailed a photo taken this morning on an early morning dog walk in an area called Ross on Wye which just goes to show we need to be up and out by 6am! :p

ai8u5x6dr241.jpg

Happy Sunday everyone. I have images of what you will all be up to in spite of lockdown... enjoy and keep safe. <3

Jackie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Early tea?

8rvx4fcivc1l.jpeg
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Images? Well in my case, peering at the rain which is supposed to be a day long occurrence.
    Oh and Dementia comes to mind JACKIE which I guess is psychotic. Beautiful sunrise yesterday. We had the reddest of red skies and I longed to take a photo but it was to the left of the house and despite lockdown I didn't want to give the neighbours the treat of seeing Anne in her pink pyjamas with the brown polka dots. By the time I got Jilly fed and me organized it was fading. Obviously unlike JERI I'm not a dedicated camera woman.
    Well the porridge is ready and no doubt you will hear from me later.

I'll say one thing for the orange man he does keep us all alert with plenty to write about during shut in.
    Can't you just hear him!

"People love to talk about me,
    I give them something to talk about,
    I'm even better at script writing than that fellow called Shakespeare,
    Didn't he write something called much ado about nothing?
    Well that's the Chinese virus, just a Tempest in a teacup"

Oh my, I'm off before MY blood pressure peaks.
    Annie.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good morning. Again, nothing much interesting from here. Morning chores, nice cup of coffee, so nice I wanted to make another but have more tea than coffee so resisted. 🙃 I don’t resist things often.

I spent time pulling out different card supplies, making some photocopies to do some fussy cutting, looking at pattern papers and mining for all my very small dies which might be suitable to add to the lovely papers. So just grist for future cards.

Stir fry was on my menu yesterday and once again the bean sprouts were delicious. I saved over half for today. Must clean my celery and carrots as well. And may turn my tiny bit of homemade tofu into vegan eggless salad. 😀

The tea-set today is not one of my favorites but the tray is interesting. Is that a tray for serving dainties like little sandwiches?

Jackie, that photo was wonderful! And your neighbors are quite tolerant and George is adorable so a very good combination. I hope you slow down a bit and get some rest. We have some sunshine for at least a part of the day and we are encouraged to sit outside for a while and soak up some fresh air and vitamin D. Interesting that no one is harping on sunscreen this year.

Anne, sorry for the rainy day. Good for them trees and flowers though. Someone was saying there had to be a point when going out to get your mail in your P.J.s is not appropriate—distance to the mailbox being the deciding factor. 😀 Hello to Jilly.

Hello Buzz, sending hugs and best wishes. ❤️❤️

Sandy, good morning. I need to get ready for online church this morning, no dressing up necessary. Just a charged up iPad. Do you watch mass live? Or on replay?

Patsy, hello, well you and John seem to be ok with the changes next door. Excellent, we do not need anything else to upset us do we. Hello to Katie.

Jeri and Diane, waving hello 🙋🏼‍♀️

• linder4866
    Options
    Now a photo in black and white isn’t too appealing but it is interesting to me just the names and shapes of treats for tea.

7teztjz25qbq.jpeg

Accurate?
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Rough sketches Lin but mostly accurate shapes. My favourite with an afternoon cuppa would be the Borrowdale tea cake which is full of dried fruit that’s been soaked in tea. Obvious once you know! 😄. The Devon scone is wrong because in that county cream is spread before the jam so it’s in fact a Cornish scone. You wouldn’t believe how irate many local people become about this! 😲

I’ve enjoyed my afternoon on hands and knees weeding but knew when I’d had enough because I finally struggled to stand up having bounced up the first few times. More clouds beginning to drift over but since it’s nearly 5.30 I don’t mind. Certainly got my dose of vitamin D! Just want to plant the grasses in my wild bottom that I dug up in a field a couple of days ago then I’ll cook fish with a few veggies.
    Jackie
  • pinkperil
    Options
    .... but look who’s on the seat with me that I hate to disturb!
    eshmqa4dpbd5.jpeg
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Priceless shots of the priceless "babies". Still subsisting, but tomorrow may change that with meeting of head nurse and physical-therapist about a short stay in nursing. Meanwhile, am on antibiotic and probiotic! Accompanied by Foggy-Head!
    <3 Buzz
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

In typical Jeri fashion I just lost a number e long post. Grrrrrrr

Instead I’ll end good wishes to everyone and an especially warm Get Well Soon to Buzz

I’ll come back later.

Jeri
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,043 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :) Busy morning and early afternoon. My parish asks us to watch the mass at ten so it would be like we were all together but it is recorded for youtube so it is not live. That is in case anyone misses it and can still watch it at their convenience. The cardinal of Chicago has a live mass at 9:30 which is great so it depends how fast I move on Sunday mornings. Then I had a video call with two of my children and now planning on taking a walk since it is such a nice day.

I love that picture of Betty and please forgive me but I can't remember the kitten's name. Betty sure has warmed up to her new family, she is dreaming of how lucky she is. <3

Enjoy your day and I hope the sun is shining for you.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    For Buzz
    x324l2svazyp.gif
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello, a teapot from the 1740’s, maker unknown

gixckfjn69qc.jpeg

❤️❤️
  • linder4866
    edited April 2020
    Options
    This may be quite difficult 🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷 I do appreciate you my friends

zobsmgc5e19o.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,043 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) The sun is shining for now but rain is forecasted for later this afternoon.
    Yesterday was beautiful and I walked 2 miles and rode my inside bike for an hour. I am working hard to lose the last few pounds but I still think I am eating and drinking too many calories. I track them and I am under but probably not enough. Oh well, I still have a month to go before hopefully getting out to see kiddos and friends.
    Nothing exciting today, just going to pay some bills. I keep adding to my Walmart order, if I keep it up I won't be able to pay it. Just kidding but I like the idea I can add up until the last day. That doesn't mean everything will be in stock but hopefully most will.

Lin, I try to stay positive but sometimes it is a little harder. I am grateful for my computer and TV to help pass the days but there are times I get lonely. We will get through this even if things change for a while when we are able to mingle. I pray they can find a vaccine which will probably be the only real answer in preventing this virus.

Have a great day, get outside if you can and stay safe.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hello ! Monday kind of day. Full of chores and cold out with showers. That’s okay. It means we are alive and still “in the game.”

Yestday we had a long phone call with our son. He brings us such joy. We feel included in his life yet he is his own person. Our daughter is not so forthcoming. I think she fears disapproval. Yet she has great skills in so many areas. Personalities within families are so interesting and diverse.

I have finally come to grips with the facts. I will be wearing these DIY masks from now on. John has a few n95 masks that he had from his woodworking Days. I save those for him because he is the family supply guy.

My outdoor project will be to paint the picnic table and chairs. They are in bad need. I will need to get paint but I have brushes. I guess first will be scrubbing them off. Dirt, pollen and rust must go. Now I just need a fairly nice day...maybe a week. I usually drag my boom box outside with a pile of good old rock and roll tunes. I “juice up” the neighborhood. Any project goes along at a good pace. So far the neighbors have never complained. I will, of course, comply if my music offends.

Need coffee and a much warmer sweater. Katie is snuggled on her living room tuffet. She also has a blanket under her chin. Sleepy little girl this morning. It is cold and with intermittent showers. We need a fire in the fireplace and happy music. Mellow jazz. Veggie soup with cornbread muffins for dinner. Calorie count would be pretty low except for those cornbread muffins!!!!
    Singing in the rain
    Patsy☘️🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
  • linder4866
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hello again. Listening to our Governor’s daily update. It has put me in a very bad mood. They just drone and drone and drone and in many cases do NOT answer what I perceive as very direct inquiries. If I never hear this phrase again I will be happy.
    “That is a great question, so......’

Argh. 🥺🤯

I am putting together cards again today as I endeavor to use up some of my papers I considered too precious to use 🤣🙃🤣 and many of the things that over time I have spent an inordinate amount of time fussy cutting, again too precious to use. 😜

I have leftovers for lunch today and maybe tomorrow if I use them sparingly. Tomorrow is forecast to cold and rainy with possible severe weather later in the day. I am on tap for a grocery delivery so always a guessing game on what will be received.

I am still working my way through another DVD set from the past. Nero Wolfe and I think I am maybe halfway through the multiple DVDs. I also signed up with a service the library is now offering. Kanopy is the name and you are allowed to view 10 movies per month. I watched a documentary on jazz last night. So 9 left but I don’t know if we are running on a calendar month. Makes a difference since it Is the 27th. I was invited to a Zoom meeting tonight to discuss books and movies also sponsored by my library and you are not required to provide video. I am not that interested. Also another library is doing book club via Zoom. I am just not feeling book clubby. 🧐

Reading some books and actually rereading several.

Patsy, excellent project. Now to find the needed good weather. What joy it must bring you to have such wonderful calls with your son.

Sandy, I have some bills to pay as well. Online banking service is more tenuous around here than I have ever experienced. I looked at my USPS Informed Delivery for today, some more bills and one frightening looking envelope from the people who rent my farm. It cannot be good news, they only contact me when it is time to renew a lease and a wrap up at year end. So I will be antsy until I find out what is inside. Not trying to be pessimistic but I received a letter last week from one of the banks I have an account with, they canceled the money market program I was on and the payout rate tumbled incredibly low effective immediately. No great news in the mail of late.

Hi Anne, Buzz, Jeri, Diane, Jackie, Barbie and all our darling Sneakers.

❤️🙋🏼‍♀️❤️