DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• kerdil08
    kerdil08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    CW: 208.6

Can I please change my day to Saturday? I keep being late because I head off to work Friday without remembering to step on the scale. Yeeshk.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In:
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    Weigh-in week: 1
    Previous weight: 188
    Current weight: 189.4

Check-In: Tuesday, June 02

•Log all food: No ❌
    •Under Calories: No ❌
    •Exercise: Zumba ✔️
    •Water: 3L ✔️
    •Steps: 16,183 ✔️

Check-In: Wednesday, June 03

•Exercise: None ❌
    •Water: 1.5 ❌
    •Steps: 10,385 ✔️

Check-In: Thursday, June 04

•Water: 1 L ❌
    •Steps: 9,946 ❌

Check-In: Friday, June 05

•Steps: 9,165 ❌

I’m sorry for my absence these past few days team. I’m allowed myself to go back into my black hole and went back to comfort eating. I’ve had a difficult week with lots of stress, emotions, and pain pretty much everywhere. I hate when I get like this. If we like I lose complete control of my daily life when I’m like this. The weather here has drastically changed Ofer the past week from sunshine to cold and rain and my joints get so bad when the weather changes like this. I’m also dealing with house stuff and school for the kids and on top of that my mom is constantly on my mind as Mother’s Day is tomorrow here in France. Anyways. I’m trying to get myself back out now. Now that the gym is open I will start going back on Monday for my 4 sessions a week. I will also continue doing my Zumba classes and do my beat to log my food and drink my water. I have to get plover this bump.

June goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

The important thing is that here you are, back and planning what you are going to do. Setting goals and everything. It's ok to have some not-that-good days. We come back stronger and with more motivation. Sometimes even a pinch of being angry helps to move more.
    I like the sun but I looove the rain. One of my favourite things to do when it's raining is going to the garden, sit in a chair with comfortable clothes, barefoot in the grass, face up to the sky with my eyes closed and enjoy the rain. I hear the noise of the birds, the raindrops, the nature and I feel the different textures of the rain and the grass between my toes ... and that's paradise
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone! Jumping junipers! Here’s the final leaderboard for week 1. Rest those calves and get back out there today for a brand new week! Honorable mention for @888Angie888 scoring the longest single jumping session at 60 seconds!

@19shmoo69 20 minutes (!!)
    @888Angie888 15 minutes (longest: 60 seconds)
    @metonymicalinsanity 9.5 minutes
    @mari_moulin 3.5 minutes
    @Piqueaboo

Yay congrats to all the jumpers last week. Keep on jumping!
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: none
    Water: ✅

Steps 6/4 3,075

PW 204.8
    CW 202.6

I am thrilled with my weight loss! This is the 3rd week in a row that I lost and it’s been awhile since I been able to do that. I am sure I can reach onderland by the end of the month.

So far today I have walked for 5 minutes on the hour since I got up. I am going to try and accomplish that today. I can’t do more as I get wheezy doing that.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5 minutes every hour until hubby gets home
    2. Drink 8 cups of water
    3. Stay within calorie goal

What an amazing loss this week Linda!! You are so so close to ONEDERLAND! At this rate I am sure you will be there next week!
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse47
    Check-In: Friday, June 5

Log all food and beverages
    Do 30 min of exercise
    Do 4 sets of walking; 5 min each

STEP CHALLENGE --- 5 MIN = 500 STEPS
    Steps to date --- 4000 steps

Wednesday, June 3 --- 2000 steps
    Thursday, June 4 ---- 2000 steps

I see posts I made yesterday but my check-in post seems to be missing so I'll post steps here for both Wed and Thurs.

Well done with your steps! Keep it up!
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    6/5- 23600 steps
    Knee is feeling better but still no jumping or knee sleeves. If you happen to know where I left them just message me. Thanks ahead of time.

I’m sorry to see you’ve been struggling with the knees. I hope it starts getting better real soon and that you can get back to your jumping around 💪🏻
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Hi again everyone. I won’t have time to catch up with everyone’s posts since Tuesday but I have read through it all. Congratulations to everyone who had a loss this week. Those who didn’t it’s ok! We’ve got this. We just gotta keep on keeping on right! 💪🏻

I’ve added all the steps from this past week. Please have a look see in the spreadsheet just in case I missed you. If I did please kindly post again soon can add you in.

So far I am missing steps for....

@DymphnaDaniels
    @michelleywardell
    @dabbers18
    @piqueaboo
    @destiny_sierra
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Or as we say in my mother lenguage Egun on!
    P.W.: 297,4 = 134,9 kg
    C.W.: 294,3 = 133,5 kg

Steps from yesterday 5 June 6.816 steps

Amazing loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh-In:
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    Weigh-in week: 1
    Previous weight: 188
    Current weight: 189.4

Check-In: Tuesday, June 02

•Exercise: Zumba ✔️
    •Water: 3L ✔️
    •Steps: 16,183 ✔️

Check-In: Wednesday, June 03

•Water: 1.5 ❌
    •Steps: 10,385 ✔️

Check-In: Thursday, June 04

•Steps: 9,946 ❌

Check-In: Friday, June 05

•Steps: 9,165 ❌

I’m sorry for my absence these past few days team. I’ve allowed myself to go back into my black hole and went back to comfort eating. I’ve had a difficult week with lots of stress, emotions, and pain pretty much everywhere. I hate when I get like this. If feel like I lose complete control of my daily life when I’m like this. The weather here has drastically changed over the past week from sunshine to cold and rain and my joints get so bad when the weather changes like this. I’m also dealing with house stuff and school for the kids and on top of that my mom is constantly on my mind as Mother’s Day is tomorrow here in France. Anyways. I’m trying to get myself back out now. Now that the gym is open I will start going back on Monday for my 4 sessions a week. I will also continue doing my Zumba classes and do my beat to log my food and drink my water. I have to get over this bump.

June goals:

Don’t be sorry! I am sad you are having some tough days. You are a strong lady and I know you will get through this. You have a great plan to get yourself back to fighting form.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    kerdil08 wrote: »
    CW: 208.6

Can I please change my day to Saturday? I keep being late because I head off to work Friday without remembering to step on the scale. Yeeshk.

Well done on the loss! I will change your weigh in day to Saturday.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 15 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Steps 6/5 9,818

I walked every hour for 5 minutes expect once I walked for 15 minutes. I am going to do the same again today. I didn’t sleep well last night so I am probably going to want to nap today which could mean I might not get as much done as yesterday.

Hubby is gone grocery shopping by himself. I hope he gets everything on the list or I will be scrambling to adjust my menu for the week. I always plan our weeks meals a week at a time. When I didn’t do that I found I ended up getting takeout more often than I like.

Have a great weekend!

Today’s goals
    1. Stay within calories
    2. Walk 5 minutes every hour with one 15 minute walk
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
  • FormerlyFit48
    FormerlyFit48 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FormerlyFit48
    Last weight: 219.5
    Current 219.3
    Admittedly some emotional eating this week. Eye on the prize next week. Everyone stay healthy and safe xxxo
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day -- Saturday, June 6, 2020

SW - 308.6
    LW - 291.2
    CW - 288.8 == 2.4 lbs loss - l9.8 lbs loss to date

Steps to date --- 8000 steps

Friday, June 5 --- 2000 steps
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Steps for Friday, June 5th: 2,772
    What an abysmal, rainy day. I sat working for far too long and I didn’t get up and move the two times it did stop raining. Thank God today the sun is shining, the birds are singing!
    You are not up a lot. Check your sodium intake and see if it is water weight.
    Linda, you were absolutely right. Last Friday I had Red Lobster and on Saturday I had pizza. While I stayed in my calories, the salt was sky high. It’s taken a week to flush it out of my system but I’m down even lower now. Thanks for the support! 💕
  • destiny_sierra
    destiny_sierra Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Check in Wednesday June 3, Thursday June 4 and Friday June 5

Steps
    3/3 - 10,986
    3/4 - 12,903
    3/5 - 9,587

Weigh in day Friday
    PW - 238.8
    CW - 234.6

Calories - not tracked
    Water - epic fail

My scale decided to bite the dust yesterday and kept giving me error messages and never the same number twice so I replaced it yesterday afternoon, the weigh in number is from the new scale this morning, I like the number but not entirely convinced I dropped 4 lbs over the week, I think the old scale was incorrect, but I will take it!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    FormerlyFit48
    Last weight: 219.5
    Current 219.3
    Admittedly some emotional eating this week. Eye on the prize next week. Everyone stay healthy and safe xxxo

Congrats on the loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh In Day -- Saturday, June 6, 2020

SW - 308.6
    LW - 291.2
    CW - 288.8 == 2.4 lbs loss - l9.8 lbs loss to date

Steps to date --- 8000 steps

Friday, June 5 --- 2000 steps

Amazing loss! You are doing so well!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check in Wednesday June 3, Thursday June 4 and Friday June 5

Steps
    3/3 - 10,986
    3/4 - 12,903
    3/5 - 9,587

Weigh in day Friday
    PW - 238.8
    CW - 234.6

Calories - not tracked
    Water - epic fail

My scale decided to bite the dust yesterday and kept giving me error messages and never the same number twice so I replaced it yesterday afternoon, the weigh in number is from the new scale this morning, I like the number but not entirely convinced I dropped 4 lbs over the week, I think the old scale was incorrect, but I will take it!

Awesome loss!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    6/6 steps 16918
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Steps for Saturday, June 6th: 6,428
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in: 304.4 lbs. oof. Will check in with more details later.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Saturday, June 06

•Exercise: Afternoon Walk ✔️
    •Water: 1.5 L ❌
    •Steps:10,014 ✔️

Happy Sunday Team. It’s French Mother’s Day so It may be a hard one for me. I never got to Zumba yesterday as my joints are still pretty bad. I spoke to the Zumba instructor and he said to stay home and rest. 😔 I’ve got a brace on my right hand as I can’t even move it at this point. I can’t wait for the sun to come back.

Today we’ve been invited to a friends house for Mother’s Day lunch. She is making Moroccan couscous and usually meals with her family are pretty big. I think that if I feel I’ve gone over at lunch I will skip out on dinner. I’ve had a nice peaceful breakfast this morning and I plan on doing a little jumping in a few. If my pain is too bad I’ll just do a walk like yesterday.

Wishing you all a wonderful blessed Sunday.

June goals:

This discussion has been closed.