TEAM: Flab-U-Less (July)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Hi again everyone! Welcome to all of our newcomers. My name is Melinda and I am acting team captain right now along with Lorianncorrea. I have been active on mfp since mid-Jan of 2018 and this is my 22nd round on the Biggest Loser Challenge. I started at a whopping 315lbs. after quitting an active job, having surgery, starting my own business, and being on very high doses of steroids. I am now down to 260lbs. which is almost where I spent the majority of my adult life. My diary is open for anyone's viewing pleasure and I am willing to help out in any way that I am able. As far as personal life/hobbies: I am married to my high school sweetie for 20 years, no kids, 2 cats. I own a carpet, tile, grout cleaning business which keeps me pretty active and I am 911 command supervisor. My husband and I build arcade cabinets and program emulators (think old-school Pac-Man), we like Cons, and pretty much anything fantasy or sci-fi. GO TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!!
  • chedaze
    chedaze Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I’ll sign up for July. I’m enjoying the accountability during June:-)
  • kimikats
    kimikats Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was a part of the Biggest Loser Team Challenge back in 2015 (is this the same?). I remember being on Team Orange lol. I had a lot of fun back then, but couldn't partake until recently, so glad to be back! In addition to these mini challenges, I'm also taking part in a 6 Week Summer Shred which will have me follow macros properly and incorporate strength training. I've always been about cardio, so I'm looking forward to the changes and the, hopefully, new me!
  • mram3582
    Options
    @kimikats Welcome to the challenge! I'm not sure if it is the same challenge and they just changed the team names or not,....but....welcome anyways!
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm Ellie - mum to three lovely boys and married to my husband for 12 years now. I was born in Poland 42 years ago. Due to bad childhood I've moved in with my aunt who lived in UK when I was 16 and I live in UK ever since.

My weight gain started when son number three was born. When he was 10 months old he developed epilepsy. His bad seizures and frequent visits to hospital depressed and stressed me to the point that I neglected myself. Eating crisps, cakes and fast food for a couple of years made me put on a few pounds. I balooned to 211lbs at my highest weight and at 5'3 frame its not a pretty picture
    When my son was 5 years old he had his last seizure and he is epilepsy free since then. As he was getting healthy I decided to lose weight.

I did well in first year. I've joined MFP and I lost 40lbs and was so happy with myself
    But after that first year life got in a way. I work as a chef's assistant and I'm surrounded by food all the time. It is really difficult to be careful on my diet.
    I left MFP for a few years but now I'm back and determined to lose the rest of the pounds.

In the last 18 months I've changed my life considerably. I moved to a beautiful house around 8 miles from where I was before. I changed my job from being a chef, working long hours Monday to Sunday but also earning good money, to work in schools 4 jobs (breakfast club assistant, cook lady, and high school cleaner) I work Monday to Friday and I have weekends and any half term and summer holidays off. I do work from 8am until 7pm and my fitbit loves it. I have less money but much better life altogether, less stress.

I love those challenges and thank you for having me :-)

I will try and participate in posting more often!

Lets do it this July! Good luck Team! xxx
  • mram3582
    Options
    Hi again everyone! So....Sunday,June 28th., officially kicks off our July Challenge! This challenge runs from June 28th to Sat. Aug 1st (Ashley hasn't actually confirmed this timeline yet) . So the 1st weigh ins will be those people that chose Sunday as their weigh day. Sorry for the confusion, it keeps things equal.
    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.[/color]

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Your team Captain,
    Melinda @mram3582
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Daloverlyme
    July Week 1
    PW =214
    CW=212
  • kimikats
    Options
    So just to confirm, our weigh in day is Sunday or will be the day we chose? For example, my weigh in day is usually on Mondays, so I don't post until Monday?
  • mram3582
    Options
    @kimikats It is the day that you choose. The people that chose Sunday are the 1st weigh in's for the challenge. Sorry for the confusion.
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Dheliason
    July week 1
    Monday
    PW: 154.5
    CW: 152.9
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ells_runs
    July Week 1
    PW 217lbs
    CW 216lbs

Good luck team! ♥️
  • kimikats
    Options
    Username: Kimikats
    Week: July Week 1
    PW = 173.6
    CW= 170
  • lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Lori. I have been using MFP off and on for a few years. Back in December I decided I needed to make some lifestyle changes. I was over 300lbs and feeling terrible. I have high blood pressure & pre-diebetes. I knew I needed to make some changes. So I started doing intermittent fasting and using MFP to track my eating. I have lost 55 lbs so far and my AC1 has gone from 6.1 to 5.7. And I feel great. I have been helping Melinda as co-captain when I can. If you'd like you can send me a friend request and my diary is open.

Welcome everyone & good luck!
  • lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    drrg6mli0c0e.jpg
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m Charlee, this will be my second month doing this challenge.

I’m 29, married for 2.5 years and wanting kids. :)

Challenges really do get me going. This month I logged 15 workouts out of 29 days. That’s a huge step for me!

Excited to keep going with you all. :)
  • I_Want_A_Donut
    I_Want_A_Donut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm Willie, this is my first challenge here. I'm 41 and been doing pretty well with the weight loss until quarantine hit. Looking to get back on track and finally hit my goal weight.
  • DesertColibri
    DesertColibri Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new and looking forward to July!

Intro (I won't usually have quite this much to say!):

I live in New Mexico and am getting back into running more seriously. I was training for my first full marathon back before COVID took hold, but was struggling with anemia around the time the race was postponed, about a month into training. I got swamped with work (though I feel very lucky to have my job, so don't mean to complain there) and anxiety about vulnerable family members during COVID and other things, and let myself get into a bit of a depressive slump, not watching what I eat as much or exercising as much, gaining weight, and feeling the consequences in terms of reduced energy levels, concentration, and confidence in addition to tighter clothes, but it's time to get my mind and body back in gear.

I'm not sure the race is going to happen in October either, but I'm telling myself it is to stay motivated. I have been running casually and have run some races up to half-marathon distance in the past, love hiking/backpacking, and more casually/intermittently do some climbing, kayaking, and biking. My partner and I had also grown quite fond of our local martial arts gym before we moved to New Mexico (not competitively just for fitness etc), and just found one we liked here too before COVID hit, but it hasn't re-opened yet.

I'd like to establish better food and fitness habits for both mental and physical health, improve my athletic performance, get as light and lean as possible for my age/frame etc. (33F, 5'6) without going too far and being unhealthy (e.g. becoming obsessive, malnourished, actually losing strength/speed/stamina), and set a good example/be a good support system for my partner, who is also trying to establish healthier habits and lose some weight (but he is not as into tracking and planning as I am).

Weigh-ins will generally be on Fridays but this week I weighed myself on Wednesday (after months of scale avoidance). I also used calipers and my scale to get an estimate of body fat %, as I might adjust my weight goals a little according to body composition down the road. I know calipers and scale aren't totally accurate but I'm using them more to track changes over time than as absolute numbers.

That said, starting weight as of Wednesday, 6/24: 162.9 lbs, 23.9 % body fat (avg. of scale and calipers but both were close to this).
  • DesertColibri
    Options
    @I_Want_A_Donut getting off track during quarantine really resonates! Good luck getting back on track and reaching your goals!
  • DesertColibri
    Options
    @lorianncorrea That's such great/inspiring progress! Thanks for the warm welcome.
  • DesertColibri
    Options
    @procolorer Nice accomplishment logging workouts last month. Glad to join you (and all of y'all) on this team!