Replies

• Tickie99
    Tickie99 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Tickie99
    July Week 4
    PW: 175.0
    CW: 175.7

Can I please ask to be removed from the group next month as something came up and my weight loss is going on hold for a month or two.
  • glouis4
    glouis4 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    GLouis4
    July Week 4
    PW: 159.1
    CW: 162.9
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Colleen790
    July week 4
    PW 164.6
    CW 164.6
    I grateful to have maintained. I had my sons 30th birthday party last weekend, so was eating cake etc. I think that I was actively helping offset some of the extra calories.
  • Colleen790
    Options
    Thank you so much @keepingtrack1234 & @Tazaria87
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    allietuge
    July Week 3
    PW: 169.9
    CW: 169
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Smilee3233
    July week
    PW: 230.2
    CW: 230.0
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Tickie99 wrote: »
    Tickie99
    July Week 4
    PW: 175.0
    CW: 175.7

Can I please ask to be removed from the group next month as something came up and my weight loss is going on hold for a month or two.

Of course! Hope all is ok. Take good care of yourself and your family.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    I had a great day but last night a whole different story. I craved sweets and chocolate that I felt like a drug addict looking for a score. I went through every cabinet every corner of the kitchen looking for something and of course I found it and went way overboard. Today I feel really bad for what I did and I know I can't do that again. I knew it was wrong but I didn't care in the moment.

My question is how do I stop myself the next time????

This is SO TOUGH. I have gone through this so many times, countless times...the guilt and shame are so difficult. I wish I had another answer or a solution. Sometimes I get myself in a great mindset and don't do this for months at a time. Other times (like during a global pandemic, for example?) I do it far more than I would like. No clear answer, but I am right here with you!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily post July 22
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calorie: Yes
    Exercise: No
    Steps: 2586
    Water: 128oz

Unfortunately I have 2 sick kids at home and now I'm not feeling so well myself. I still ate on plan and tracked everything but I hardly moved all day. The kids and I spent the day on the couch (and probably will again today). Pretty sure we all have the same cold and hoping it moves through quickly so we can get back to regular life.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post July 22
    Steps: 2586

Unfortunately I have 2 sick kids at home and now I'm not feeling so well myself. I still ate on plan and tracked everything but I hardly moved all day. The kids and I spent the day on the couch (and probably will again today). Pretty sure we all have the same cold and hoping it moves through quickly so we can get back to regular life.

Worse things than a day on the couch with your kiddos! (I may be doing the same thing myself!) Enjoy it!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I had a great day but last night a whole different story. I craved sweets and chocolate that I felt like a drug addict looking for a score. I went through every cabinet every corner of the kitchen looking for something and of course I found it and went way overboard. Today I feel really bad for what I did and I know I can't do that again. I knew it was wrong but I didn't care in the moment.

My question is how do I stop myself the next time????

This is SO TOUGH. I have gone through this so many times, countless times...the guilt and shame are so difficult. I wish I had another answer or a solution. Sometimes I get myself in a great mindset and don't do this for months at a time. Other times (like during a global pandemic, for example?) I do it far more than I would like. No clear answer, but I am right here with you!

@Keepingtrack1234
    Nice to know I'm not alone. Maybe one day we will get an answer.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Hi team!
    Still waiting on Thursday weigh in's and here are Friday's too:
    @12sarah2015
    @Colleen790
    @flourchild225
    @keepingtrack1234
    @Metubal

@ keeping track1234
    PW: 139.8
    CW: 141.2
    At some point, I will get my *kitten* together. Until then, I will just wrestle with a couple fresh pounds. Not ideal, but it's no mystery where they are coming from. (ahem, snacks and lack of meal prep!)
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have been having a great week, low calories high protein watching everything I been eating and hoping for a nice loss, well this morning I get on the scale and was excited and hoping to see a nice loss. That didn't happen, I am up 2 pounds since last Saturday. How can that be? I know our body works in mysterious way and I shouldn't get upset but boy am I upset. My weigh in day is tomorrow at least by then I am hoping to lose these 2 pounds and break even. I jumped on the scale this morning to keep myself motivated today and keep going and do what I have been doing all week but now i'm like who cares I give up and I want to crawl into a hole and cry. SO what I am going to do? I will take a walk and go shopping instead and pray to the weight gods that tomorrow the scale will be kind to me.

Thanks for letting me rant, hope you all have a better morning than I had.
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Daily post July 23
    Steps: 1598

The cold still plauged us all yesterday so we spent the day on the couch again. I do feel like I'm starting to get better now though so I'm going to try to be more active today. The house needs cleaned and we need groceries.
  • Colleen790
    Options
    I've gone off the track. Not thinking about what I'm eating. My 3 day old new grandson has been transferred to the Neonatal unit Critical care. He is having tests for some disorder which would require surgery. They had to leave him in the hospital. I'm hoping and praying that he will be well 🙏
  • glouis4
    glouis4 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    To all of those who are struggling this month, you are not alone.

Fitness-wise and weight-wise I have been feeling defeated, depressed and every emotion aside from happy. This month I said I’d start fresh on the 1st and now it’s the 24th with no progress, and with some backslides.

I accept responsibility and admit that I cannot cope with the unbalanced life that the pandemic has created. I live in the south and between the heat waves and thunderstorms, it’s a challenge to even sit outside and mentally escape.

I just accepted a new job in the health field so there’s anxiety dealing with patients as well.

But to not ramble on, I really want to push myself back on track to really feel better, feel confident, and stay strong.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    glouis4 wrote: »

Fitness-wise and weight-wise I have been feeling defeated, depressed and every emotion aside from happy. This month I said I’d start fresh on the 1st and now it’s the 24th with no progress, and with some backslides.

I accept responsibility and admit that I cannot cope with the unbalanced life that the pandemic has created. I live in the south and between the heat waves and thunderstorms, it’s a challenge to even sit outside and mentally escape.

I just accepted a new job in the health field so there’s anxiety dealing with patients as well.

But to not ramble on, I really want to push myself back on track to really feel better, feel confident, and stay strong.
    glouis4 wrote: »

As always, I love your honesty.
    We are here for you...this time is extraordinary, in the worst possible way.
    I have realized I have to stop beating myself up for not feeling or acting normal, because the world is NOT normal right now. The big feelings, the fears, the anxieties, the anger that people are getting sick and dying unnecessarily, the inequities everywhere I look...it's simply too much to bear sometimes. We must accept that we won't feel or act "normal" again, for a long time...maybe not ever. Lean on us, lean on one another...now, more than ever, we can be kind and loving.
    I am hopeful each day that we can come out of this as better humans, that we can make changes to benefit all.

One day at a time!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    I've gone off the track. Not thinking about what I'm eating. My 3 day old new grandson has been transferred to the Neonatal unit Critical care. He is having tests for some disorder which would require surgery. They had to leave him in the hospital. I'm hoping and praying that he will be well 🙏

Please keep us posted. Take gentle and good care of yourself; get rest, drink water and rest so you can be there for your son and grandchild. We are ALL thinking of you.
  • Colleen790
    Options
    Colleen790 wrote: »

Please keep us posted. Take gentle and good care of yourself; get rest, drink water and rest so you can be there for your son and grandchild. We are ALL thinking of you.

Thanks so much @Keepingtrack1234 it’s just so heartbreaking seeing them have to go home and leave the baby in the hospital, we should know more by Tuesday. I’ve been making them some meals as they have long stressful days at the hospital. The mother, My daughter in law, is still trying to recover from a having a rough time with the birth. On top of it all, my mothers dementia seems worse lately and requiring more attention. Will just have to take it one day at a time
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Daily post July 24
    Steps: 6283

The kids and I are mostly improved from our colds, and now my husband is becoming sick. I didn't get any formal exercise in but I was able to clean up the house and go grocery shopping at least.