Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Started out at 5am with a nice sunrise with intervals of clouds and sun. Jean had the day planned to meet a girlfriend for the day… but her friend is sick… so plans cancelled. I had my own “alone” time planned for things to do, but will now go with the flow. The weather is already changing and a strong thunderstorm is expected this afternoon. GARMIN still out of service – but getting closer to fix.

Can never get too far ahead of lunch (the things we do during COVID). LOL Romaine salad with alfalfa sprouts, cucumber, artichokes, red onion, hot banana peppers, Olives etc. already made by 9am.

gi8kcjxvomwa.jpg

Anne – glad your parcel arrived and that the pants were a perfect fit and not from China. Your lucky day!

Buzz – Yes, Sabrina is our Calico cat. She was abused as a baby, so is VERY scared of most things. You only need to move a piece of paper and she will run away. It took a LONG time for her to get attached to Jean to the point of laying with her etc. She is healthy and happy – but you’d never know we even had a cat. The last 2 we had (for over 20 yrs) had personalities and highly interactive. (pic of Sabrina a few years ago)

u4adzsb7wzl1.jpg

Patsy – Agreed. I watched the supposed Barr testimony that amounted to nothing more than badgering and grandstanding by those that had said they wanted “ask questions & get answers.” Every time he tried to speak – they went into a lecture… Oh well.

Lin – LOVED the funny teapot… it had me singing the song in my head for 5 min.

Time to get busy… Bob :)
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    JACKIE, good luck with the staircase! Your place is a dream.
    LIN, the card you made is just lovely, thank you.
    PATSY, yes, the interrogation was a real bust! He carefully avoided being pinned down by anything, and as usual, the committee was unprepared to nail him!
    Sabrina is a lovely calico with a sadness to her expression, and the photo is beautiful!
    I was told in therapy that I WILL WALK again. Still showing daily improvement, tiny but steady.
    hugs to all,
    <3 buzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) I lost an earlier post do to my own fault. Long day of sitting yesterday but the kiddos were well behaved. Robby had a great time with mom and dad tubing, they all came back sunburned even with sunblock. Lisa said Robby already tanned today so that is great. I told Lisa today, now it is time to start thinking about Christmas presents as delivery is so delayed with this pandemic. I ordered my groceries from Walmart and will be picking them later this afternoon. Will also pay some bills and hopefully ride my bike before visiting Joe.

Buzz, great hearing from you and so happy you are having daily improvement. <3

Bob, pretty cat, I love all animals but must admit I am a dog lover. My son and his wife are on the 16/8 fast even though they are both in great shape. Your lunch looked so good to me I ordered a couple of artichokes which I haven't had in years.

Anne, I have never seen my son so much as I do now while he works at home. He will be missed if he ever goes back to his office although his office at home is just beautiful. Since he is in the tech business he said they would be the last to go back since it is easy to work from home.

Jackie, I cannot wait to see pictures of the new staircase. With all this remodeling you will feel like you have a new house.

Lin, love the teapot but I love Lionel Richie especially on America Idol.

Barbie and Patsy, it must be grooming week as Daisy was groomed this morning as well. Babe said it will be her last grooming as she was terribly upset and the mobile groomer said she was crying and nervous. They had to use a towel to get her back in the house do to the arthritis in her hips. Maybe the cost of the groomer I had was worth the cost if they were better equipped to handle her. Just saying.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    And Jilly had a bath and a nail clip, so what a great bunch of good looking dogs this week.

Mike came over and whilst here one of the office girls phoned him. Congratulations on his return to work on Tuesday! What! Nobody told him but the other guy on lay off was told he would be back on Tuesday by the top dog before he took off on vacation. Did the top dog forget to tell Mike? Mike is trying to figure out what on earth is going on without getting the office girl who phoned him into any trouble. He never had to return the company car which I thought a good sign.

We will really miss him but I think he needs the interaction with lots of people and the drama that goes with it!

We went for two very long walks in the heat and now Jilly is fast asleep. I'm going to make on in the quiet (she's a very demanding dog) and watch another episode of The Prisoner. I'm wondering if the old Avengers with Honor Blackman is as good as I remember?
    Cheers all and maybe alls well that ends well in this small household,
    Anne.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Happy day! Sunny and it is going to be a warm one today. I have the tiny air conditioner installed right beside my reading chair. I will not be wanting to freeze John, poor baby! We have forever had what we call temperature wars. I am hot and he is cold. Well....at least some of the time. Hummmmmmmm

There are times when I am convinced that this virus was mother earth’s reset button. We were being taught to slow down, take better care of ourselves and let the natural world have a chance to heal and clean itself. I know...I have odd ideas but I personally think this planet is alive and is a living entity spinning through space.

Sandy: it seems all our dogs have lived long lives, at least for dogs. We accommodate and try to provide as much love and support as they have given us through the years. However, they age like all creatures and need extra care. Our old MoMo and Mazzie were so beloved, I can hardly stand that they are not still with us. However the heart is very elastic! It is possible for other creatures (Katie) to swoop in and we fall in love again. Babe must be heartbroken to see dear Daisy cry and whine during her grooming. Maybe a gentle brushing and a warm towel off could serve as her grooming.

Bob: that is a beautiful kitty. I am convinced as others have said, cats are aliens living among us. They only tolerate our odd behavior. Our neighbor has a cat that lives in our garden shed. Why? He has a lovely home, caring family, a good food there. He prefers to eat rodents and sleep on a bag of potting soil in our shed. Obviously he is trying to contact the mother ship!

Anne: I am so impressed with your wonderful relationship with your sons. Our son gets a little impatient with me. “Mom, you can read! Find out how to operate And fix various computer problems on the internet.” Etc etc etc. we discuss politics, his boat, art and entertainment. He doesn’t discuss his love life or future companionship plans. Every mom on the planet wants to nose into that area. Hahahahaha

Jackie: you must give us daily updates on all the activities. It sounds wonderful...but at bit of a jumble, having to move everything to the middle of the floor. I foresee a period of strange struggle with displaced furniture. Brady will be complaining loudly!

Lin: sounds like my kind of day, things go missing and awry, I have never participated In a webinar but I have listened in on several presentations. I love that. One on writing and another site for artists reviews and interviews.
    Take care dear sneakers, hello to our Buzz and other sneakers,
    Patsy☘️
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Hello again after challenging computer problems. Ever try to sign out of Amazon Prime? It just took me to sign in all over again. And installing drivers hung me up as well. So I'm logging off late for me for a change! Wish Biden would makeup his mind already!
    <3 Buzz
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Well PATSY, we are kindred spirits on one thing. I too think Mother Nature yelled "Enough!", and is sorting us all out. No, you don't have odd ideas, perfectly feasible. We've torn down forests, bred until there are too many of us, blown up things to smithereens, do whatever takes our fancy, altered plants, played around with viruses, pretend we are birds, travel faster than intended in boxes, dug up anything we can use for other purposes, I'm not a bit surprised the old girl has had enough. The planet is a living entity and give her time, all things pass including us as a dominant group if we don't watch it. And what will Mother Nature do? she will give herself a shake, the planet will grow lush again, and wait until the next dominant group of beings take over. I gather she's being doing this for millions of years.
    Mmm. Must give the old grey cells a rest. All this philosophizing ain't good for someone long in the tooth. Back to Winnie the Pooh which I'm much more comfortable with.

Oh, and I get told off as well Patsy! "Will you stop going back to factory standards" when I innocently try to right the iPad! "You are too old to go around moving heavy sofas". That sort of thing. We get on fine, me and my two sons, but between you and me, they haven't a clue what I get up to when they aren't around. Just The Bean and although she tries very hard she hasn't learned to talk yet.

Anne 😇

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,136 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Good morning. A collectible teapot but not really for tea is it.

Monet’s palette

tz2qce0yjt7t.jpeg

Lin
    ❤️❤️
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Definitely a teapot for the China cabinet Lin but fascinating nonetheless!

A beautiful day with wall to wall sunshine and a gentle breeze. Yesterday my neighbour collected my new phone then having moved all the furniture and put some items in a borrowed lock up we visited the allotment for a couple of hours.
    This morning the joinery company arrived on time and after George checked them out with a lot of barking and sniffing I walked them slowly round the village so we didn’t overheat! By the time we got home the old staircase had been removed and now here we are lunchtime with the new one installed and door about to be fitted.

Patsy, As far as I’m aware Brady is still snoozing on my bed in spite of sawing and hammering but at least he won’t be faced with an empty stairwell! I’m delighted already with the new look which is in keeping with the old place. Photos when it’s finished.

Lots of wasps this year but few bumble bees and still only a few butterflies so something has gone amiss. It means I have to eat lunch quickly before the wasps crawl on my apple!

Anne, I agree that Mother Nature is fighting back and isn’t it sad the knowledge we gained during lockdown about clearing air pollution is being ignored. Rain forests still burning and plastic choking our seas.

Sabrina is gorgeous Bob; no other word for her. Another pet that has fallen on her feet being adopted by Jean and you. That colourful lunch of yours did it for me too but artichokes don’t tend to appear in our shops until a bit later in the year. Never mind, you are still inspiring me. 😊

Oh Sandy, dear Daisy needs lots of pandering never mind the cost and I’m so sorry that try as you do, you aren’t listened to. It would break my heart too. ❤️

Hello dear Buzz, computer problems don’t go away do they. 😬. I haven’t been brave enough to try Amazon prime but do receive lots of scam phone calls telling me they are about to take money from my account.

I need to move out of the sun and find a small pruning job. Back later!
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hello, I have 3 additional webinars to watch on cover crops but those are as I can get to them but need to watch them and not procrastinate. I am great at that! Actually I should have a Doctorate awarded due to life experience. 😂

Up, plants on deck watered as chances of rain did not develop yesterday and chances today and tomorrow, who knows. Sun is out right now.

My broccoli sprouts are rinsed and the celery plants misted. Gardening finished. 😉

Still a huge stack of things to sort out. Apparently some kind of paperwork and financial affairs storm has settled over my head. Must chomp away at it little by little.

Bob, like Sandy, I am a dog person. Of course when it was possible I was also horse mad. But I have always been allergic to cats and rabbits so I admire them and their interesting ways (so unlike dogs) but I really cannot keep one. Tried once but it didn’t work. Having said all that, the photo is lovely and I agree with Jackie, what a lucky girl to end up in your household.

Buzz, hello dear friend. Straightening out technology issues and accounts, argh, time consuming and so much patience is required. I haven’t watched any of the congressional carrying on. I don’t think I missed much. This whole mess regarding a Covid cure has one of my very good friends in a dither. She spent all day yesterday chasing down articles and things that people sent to her after she posted on Facebook that she wondered if there was a conspiracy at work here to just keep the wealthy safe from Covid while sacrificing everyone else. She seems to believe that doctor’s claims. Especially since multiple social media platforms took down the video. Have you been following that?

Jackie, wow, great progress on the staircase. I am amazed at how quickly the work is being done. I have been listening to hammering for days now as workers are re-roofing a set of townhouses near me. Looking forward to seeing the result. Of course, loads and loads of wasps here, some bumblebees, a couple of honeybees, and a few butterflies. I really have never seen so many wasps. Not just the cicada killers but the ‘regular’ wasps as well. Everything seems to be out of balance. 🤪

Anne, I hope your son gets his work life and his legal life straightened out with a happy outcome in both. Hello to Jilly. Goodness, so many dogs groomed this week. Barbie posted that yesterday and Patsy, and Sandy. Was it on the calendar—groom the doggie day/week? Hope you are well.

Patsy, your personal air conditioner sounds intriguing. I had a little personal fan, ran on batteries, on my desk when I worked. Huge office buildings aren’t known for great (and balanced) air flow. I should get a tiny fan again rather than turning down the air conditioner to a lower temperature. You have sparked some ideas, thank you.

Sandy, I am glad everyone had a good day. You have such a great relationship with your son and family. And you do help them so much. ❤️❤️

Barbie, hope you are well and safe.

Hello to all our other Sneakers.

Long distance hugs.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    I think all my pain meds are keeping me sleepy too much of the time. Not sure there's a great choice though, yet I used to feel pain medication would be a weakness for me. No more!
    SANDY, a caring groomer is well worth the price difference and does not frighten or hurt the dog. You are so right.
    I agree we humans have greedily messed up our beautiful planet, and wonder if we will ever change! So sad to see the changes coming more and more quickly! Each individual must take responsibility, however, and not simply hope it will improve.
    Here's lunch, followed by physical therapy. Have a wonderful day.
    <3 Buzz
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Lin: here is my tiny air conditioner. I even threw an ice cube into the water container to really make it cold. It works best with cold water. It will send out a very fine mist if you want it. Not expensive, about $40 on amazon. Not sure how long it will last. John says it is plastic so if It lasts a year or two we will have gotten our money’s worth.
    Patsy☘️
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    7gdfze2sxej0.jpeg
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Morning started off with the usual walk yada yada yada… THEN…We went to Kohl’s on a lark this morning just to get out of the house. First thing we noticed was more customers than usual.

Only shopped the 80% OFF rack…got ADDIT 30 % off at register….then another 20% off for Family & Friends – that explained the extra people!

Made a killing – got $160.00 Columbia Jacket for $33.00; $45.00 shirt for $7.55 and $46.00 shirt for $5.00; and then a pair of $62.00 pants for $6.94! Unbelievable… !!!!

o5xvyanl0aad.jpg

Buzz – Sabrina is beautiful and and it would be an understatement to say she has a good life. Some people might not have kept her, but I am glad we did…. On another note – glad you will walk again.. the phrase itself reminded me of Deborah Kerr (as Terry McKay) in the movie "An Affair to Remember" – wish you the best.

Sandy – Before Jean, I must admit I was more of a dog person…but the 20 yrs with Willie and TC (prior cats) showed me I love both and there are some breeds of each that I prefer over others. As for 16/8 – I had been emailing the owner of my gym just to wish him well and sympathize a bit…he has only operated the franchise a couple years and has a new baby etc. In our discussion he mentioned that he does an IF of 18/6 and told me: “I find it provides me with unbelievable mental clarity as well and I am not always snacking or munching on food or thinking about my next meal!” It has been around forever, but it seems more and more people are doing it and getting huge benefits. I don’t eat a lot of artichokes but like to have them once in a while as a change of pace.

Patsy – Glad you like Sabrina… it must be a trade off on the odd behavior. It is true that they like to visit their owners the minute they try to go to the bathroom. LOL … Sabrina, like the other 2 cats we had for 20yrs+ are indoor cats. You’d actually never know we had a cat. We have 2 litter boxes and clean them twice a day etc. No rodents – but loves Fancy Feast – the “pate” not the “flaked” and don’t try to switch them on her. LOL

Lin – As I mentioned to Sandy – I like both now, but probably lean a bit more towards dogs still… certainly a favorite in movies too… from Old Yeller to Marley & Me to The Art of Racing in the Rain etc.

Time to take care of a few home chores…. Later. Bob
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Had our zoom meeting this afternoon, don't really know where the time went this morning. I think I got involved with the funeral of John Lewis until I had to get ready for the meeting. Going to be riding the bike shortly and then a visit with Joe. We got rained out yesterday so I am sure he is waiting anxiously today.

Bob, you are really scoring some huge sales, good for you. I bought two artichokes and will make them tonight along with some cod I bought. I am not a great cook so I hope all is well.

Patsy, I have seen other types of personal A/C advertised on TV, I am glad this one works for you. I have had my A/C on for so long this year it is incredible, my bills are not cheap.

Buzz, I agree about the groomer, Babe is all upset because Daisy is having a hard time walking on the hardwood floors since the grooming. I told him to take her to the vet but he just yells and says they can't help her. I am tired of giving him any advice so will just let it go.

Lin, I hope you got through the webinars and learned something. I had an appaloosa horse during my first marriage, but he was much to big for me to handle. I had plans on showing him but ended up hiring a boy to do it for me. Bad memories of those years, my husband sold my beautiful home to buy a boarding stable which had a 100 year old home on it that was never updated and I had 4 young children. Mice were running rampant through the house.
    The straw that broke the camel's back , divorce followed soon after. Sigh.

Jackie, wasps, bees, do you have no fear of anything??? Can't wait to see pictures of the staircase.

Anne, we all love our kids to the moon and back, but yes they sometimes think we are dumb and can't handle things on our own. Mine do the same but let it go.

Barbie, hope all is well with you.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Me, I love cats and dogs equally. All have been interesting and much loved in their own right. Just counting my very own pets since the age of 21 (I don't ever remember a house without a pet before that) puss Figaro, then Thelly, (Othello) he's the one who came to Canada with us, and a very interesting character indeed, followed by my very sweet natured Jenny, a very faithful lab mix dog, dear gentle little puss Becky rescued from a sack in the icy river as a kitten, huge beautiful puss, white furred Bill, Tabitha another rescue puss who lived with me for 17 years, and now my sweet little dog Jilly Bean. I've been truly blessed with all of them, more friends than pet animals. All sadly missed except for my present little monkey and I can't bear to think of losing her. "They" say a house isn't a home without a cat or dog in it and "they" are so very right.
    My dad loved all of his pets but not so my mother. I'm so glad I've taken after my dad.
    Anne.😇🐶
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :) Life is pretty comfortable here. Jake and I both do a bit of yard work in the mornings before it gets too warm and then find things to do indoors the rest of the day with perhaps sitting on the back patio later in the day while the dogs wander in the yard.

:) Walking the dogs in the morning continues to be great fun. Walking after lunch is brief because it is too warm.

:) We love cats and dogs and already have one more pet than we are supposed to have in our neighborhood. Bernie is an indoor cat so nobody notices him and the people who know he's here, keep their mouths shut. Left on my own, I might become the "crazy cat lady" but Jake and neighborhood rules keep me under control. I need dogs to walk with and at least one cat for indoor entertainment.

<3 Barbie
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    I wonder who makes up these rules? Having lived with dogs, cats, chickens, pigeons, budgies, ducks and the odd pig etc from birth one wonders who these dictators are. They must have had deprived, sanitized childhoods! Way to go BARBIE and JAKE! Protect your little fugitive!
    Anne. 🙃🐶🐱🐓🦆🐖🕊❤️
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good morning. Just sharing a lovely little teapot.

v63puzsiu292.jpeg

❤️❤️
    Lin
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Cloudy today with a suggestion of showers. I think we need rain here right now. Wildfire season terrifies me. I get the bandage taken off my foot today! Yea hooray! This was because of debriding an area on my heel that needs constant attention. Usually just a look-see to make sure all is well.

Must clean out the frig. There are sticky spots on some shelves. John is famous for the “in a hurry” loosely put on jar lid (blackberry jam) disaster in the frig. Oh well, it is a job that needs done regularly anyway. Today is a day that normally I try to think of some weekend activity. Since John retired some years ago, that task has been assigned to me. I am in charge of weekend fun. It has been a struggle Now, since we can’t get together with friends or family. We do get a kick out of tiny things like a walk down our little road...with trash bag and grabbers in hand. People still toss trash out their car window. Haven’t we learned by now that is a nasty rude habit? Anyway, the walk together, with purpose in fresh air, in the late afternoon or early evening, will be one weekend activity. A movie on dvd...with popcorn. A drive down to the pier to see all the ships waiting for “bar pilots” to take them across the Columbia Bar.
    Veggie burgers on the deck with beer for John and club soda with lemon for me. Phone calls to our son and we will try to talk to our daughter as well. That’s all I could come up with this weekend. Not very exciting but something different from the rest of the week. I must put on my thinking cap to come up with more interesting ideas.

Lin: that teapot looks familiar. It looks like something my grandmother had. I remember her serving hot cinnamon/orange tea from a teapot sort of like that one.

Barbie: your activities with Jake sound wonderfully calm and sweet. I love every kind of animal. We help take care of our neighbors feral cat. That’s the one in the garden shed. John really isn’t a cat person. But He is totally goofy over our dogs. He doesn’t even like me to raise my voice when Katie tries to eat tissues or eat my house plants or nose around my paints in my dungeon. All big NO-NOs and requires a stern vocal discussion. John does not like me to speak to dear Katie in a stern way ever!

Off to clean out the refrigerator and listen to a Cd of Barque classics.
    Stay safe dear sneakers,
    Patsy☘️