Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,089 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Laundry has been started, planning on cleaning the house once I get the motivation and of course my bike and Joe. My routine is the same every day, every week just like all of you and I think it will go on for a long, long time. It's the sign of the times.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN4ooNx77u0

Patsy, you are such a good wife, always thinking of John and planning new activities. He is a very lucky man.

Anne, I think the rules are for people like us who would have tons of animals if we could. lol

Barbie, I do love cats also but most of my family is allergic to cats thus always having dogs.
    I would love to have a cat in my circumstances now but then my son and his wife wouldn't be able to stay with me when and if they ever get to visit again.

Hello to everyone but my laundry is ready for folding. Have a great day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Only one carpenter here today to do the finishing touches with filler and trims. Last night George and Betty managed to climb the stairs that isn’t carpeted like the old one but this morning, although George trotted straight down Betty danced, swung hips and head in opposite directions and squealed in excitement but refused to come down. She did make me laugh and in the end I had to slide her one step at a time until just 3 left and she became brave and walked. It was incredibly hot and steamy even at 7am so once Rich the carpenter arrived I took the pooches round the block. By midday the air was suffocating but I did my best to do some tidying outside and make the occasional cuppa for Rich until he finished then suddenly a sea mist rolled in, the temperature crashed and I just managed to whizz round with the lawnmower before rain arrived! Oh well, I’ve a pasty from the farm shop heating in my oven while I relax and enjoy having my home back with not a hint of hammering, sawing and drilling! Photo shows the new door with expensive cat flap for Brady although I’m guessing George will slip through occasionally too... not sure Betty would fit. 😁
    jp7lsn7xwzjg.jpeg

0ounsx0dwta5.jpeg

Another pretty teapot and cup with saucer Lin. That conspiracy theory about COVID has reached my ex-gardener so I’m receiving emails telling me I need to take note even though I’ve explained many times that I’m happy in my bubble ignoring Facebook notions. She does seem to have a tendency to believe some bizarre ideas but I do wish she wouldn’t feel the need to push them on to me in a lecturing way.

Buzz, no one wants to be in pain and you’ve definitely had your fair share so please don’t think your medication a weakness. Hopefully as you grow stronger and as you say, you WILL walk again, the pains will ease. How is the physical therapy going... do you continue to feel improvements?

Amazing sale purchases Bob. Why are sales taking place? Is it to encourage shoppers through their doors?

Time to check my pasty and pour a glass of lager. It feels like a Saturday but I don’t know why!! 🤔🙃😏

Jackie

• Sandydur
    Options
    I had to turn sideways to see the stairs Jackie......but looks amazing.
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    And I've got good news. Super morning. Grocery Gateway delivered a perfect order, Jilly had two long, long walks with Michael and then Michael got a phone call from the top man and owner of his workplace. It was all a mish mash, things not fully explained and the guy who caused it now away on holiday. Mike is expected back at work on Tuesday as we enter stage three in Ontario and businesses fully open up again. I think Mike thoroughly enjoyed his four month enforced absence from his job which is stressful. Mind you, not knowing where he was, was pretty stressful as well.
    I'm not sure how to explain this to Bean who has got totally spoilt whilst he's been off work.
    I'll miss him as well. I really got to know him again after all these years, and I really like him! Which sounds odd coming from a mother. We love unconditionally, but it's nice to really like our offspring as adults and friends.
    Anne. 😇🐶💼
  • pinkperil
    Options
    I meant to mention to Bob before that if Doc Martin is a favourite you should really enjoy The Detectorists too. Similar silly British humour with some poignancy thrown in. Of course you might have already come across it.

https://youtu.be/aAud_H_0R3c

Sorry to turn you sideways Sandy. My iPad has a habit of doing that with photos!

Anne, great news for Mike. We’re going backwards not surprisingly. Opened up too much too quickly so now closing back down... time go buy toilet rolls again!
    Jackie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Beautiful staircase JACKIE. My oodles used to chase each other up and down ours, many years ago.
    Just heard much banging and slamming and realized maintenance men are installing our storm shutters in preparation for Isaiah. I thought it was headed up the Atlantic!
    Trying to decide whether to invest in a small motorized wheelchair. I find it exhausting to maneuver the corridors with the manual one I use now. I'm told it's good exercise but it affects my breathing.
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,136 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Good evening. It was laundry day and clean up the basement floor after the washer leaked mightily today. I spoke with a friend at length and other than making meals, I am trying to figure out my finances yet again. Still mulling over farm rents. Also unfollowing people on Facebook as it is becoming loonier by the minute.

Jackie, I love the new staircase. Looks good and just right for the space. Was the door specially constructed for you? Your house will have nothing left to fix soon!

Bob, what extraordinary bargains you are uncovering. You are just about to the point of getting things for free. Just kidding. It does feel wonderful to snare a good item at an even better price. Poor retailers have been hurting with people unable to get into the stores to browse. I am sure they really want to move inventory.

Barbie, I am glad your life is so content. We have city ordinances on just about everything including which animals you are able to keep at your home and the number of cats and dogs allowed on one property. I think it is in the best interests of the animals to not be crowded into a small house or apartment. Although people who are going to ignore the law will have loads of animals anyway.

Anne, I am glad things are straightened out now for Michael. Back to work Tuesday. I hope the job he is going back to is something he will like. I hope more good news will come his way soon. And congrats on getting a complete grocery order.

Buzz, maybe a motorized chair would be the best. Are there personnel to assist you in finding a suitable model? Stay away from the windows and may the storm shutters hold, I hope the storm does not hit the coast hard. Hugs. ❤️❤️

Patsy, thank you for the information on your air conditioner. I looked at a few models today. I haven’t found anything yet. Maybe just a little personal fan would be enough.

Sandy, I see you had a laundry day too. Are you having a movie night at your son’s house tomorrow?

Best wishes everyone.

Hugs.

Lin ❤️❤️
  • linder4866
    Options
    Me again. Teapot! But morning here. ☺️

‘A touch of glamour to afternoon tea with this exquisite Royal Crown Derby​ "Royal Antoinette" teapot.’

83ccgsxq0ir0.jpeg

❤️❤️
    Lin
  • Gawanne35
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I've got the milk jug LIN. I won it playing whist in Derby, UK. Anne.
    Not quite the same, but almost.
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    pa03i1jnv2sx.jpg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday! My landlord's handyman said he would come today to replace my balcony floor boards depending on weather but we just had some sprinkles so not sure if he will come or not. Lisa might also have movie night again depending on weather and if her new projector gets there in time. So no definite plans except for washing the sheets and riding the bike.

Pretty tea set Lin, but Anne I don't need milk in my tea, thanks anyway.

Buzz, please stay safe from Isaiah, we don't want anything to happen to you. My daughter is hoping for some big winds to knock a few shingles off her roof so that the insurance company will pay for a new roof.

Anne, I am happy for Michael but sad for you and Jilly. My order from Walmart was also a full order with no out of stock or replacements.

Nothing exciting to report so will just wish you all a great day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Yesterday just flew by… cable box crashed and remote was bad too (lost 6-7 recorded programs (miss the old VCR) …returned to Spectrum… waited in line (social distance style etc.). Retd home & hooked-up with most features working and picture actually much better, BUT some functions not working --- on phone with cable co. for a long time. Rep determined software issue and set tech appt for Sunday afternoon.

Today is beautiful in high 80’s but thunderstorms expected tonight. Sunrise walk etc. Jean and I headed to mall for a second walk (not shopping) – hard to explain but we enjoy it and close to home. GARMIN came back to life late last night!!! Hoorah. Can track and sync again.

Jean’s FIRST tomato was picked today… made salad and can’t wait to savor at lunchtime. (pic).

sb3m7hbja7cx.jpg

Sandy – Thanks – my fav was the $160.00 Columbia Jacket for $33.00… it is really a nice jacket. Hope that artichoke / cod dinner came out nice. Sounds good. Happy bike riding! Enjoyed the Harry Styles video (AND LYRICS): “Just stop your crying It's a sign of the times Welcome to the final show Hope you're wearing your best clothes You can't bribe the door on your way to sky…”

One of our favorite bands is The Mavericks… here is a small sample of one of their older “fun” tunes”.
    The Mavericks - Tonight the Bottle Let Me Down (Live in Austin, TX)

https://youtu.be/6zsAKJYBHyE

Here is a picture of Jean when we were on the bus with the band sharing a beer. She is w/ band member Eddie Perez…for years he toured w/ Dwight Yoakam. We had a blast on the bus (of course, we were the oldest people too LOL.) Their new album will be released Aug 21st it will be their first album sung entirely in Spanish. They just finished their 30 year anniversary last year.

ffsz81jj1oc8.jpg

Anne -- Figaro, Thelly, (Othello) – love it. Wow – you definitely have had your share of loving animals. I always had wanted a dog as a kid, but my older brother had a beagle that howled all night keeping neighbors up etc. and was given to someone else… so that eliminated my chances… My dad didn’t hate dogs…he just wasn’t a pet person. I think Jean would have animal farm here if al was perfect. LOL

Lin – Thanks for the usual “spot of tea” pic. Ha ha re: stuff for free. At the check out I joked with Jean and asked if she thought they might ring everything up and then give us cash. I double checked pricing with sales clerk before going to check out and she said “Yes, because they had been closed so long they wanted to “blow-out” all clearance merchandise quickly.”

Jackie – love the pic of the new door with “expensive cat flap.” And that pasty from the farm shop heating in the oven paints a great picture in my head… I think I smell it. LOL

Yes, I think the bargains are to drive sales, but some aren’t really great. Bankrupt JCP needs to lower even more – they say 40-60% off orig but when the orig $ is unreasonable then so is the sale. KOHL’s was great. It sounds like we are big shoppers, but we aren’t. I didn’t buy a thing for over a year, because I was so fat & refused go up a size. Now I have lost so much, I’ve had to buy clothes to replace stuff I just bought in January!

Thanks for the ACORN suggestion – just did a screen print so I don’t forget.

Bob :)

• linder4866
    Options
    Hello friends. I have been looking over my financial accounts today. I logged into all of them to check on balances, maturity dates on some things, and to make sure my passwords are still working. All done with that part. Now time to decide if I want to move some of my funds around and some hunting for the best rates. I know, you are laughing uncontrollably 😂🤣😂🤣😂☺️ It is worth a try.

I am missing another pool party this afternoon. I hope they post lots of pictures. I heard the little girl actually designed her own birthday cake. She didn’t make it but designed it. She would be a third generation cake designer!

Sandy, I hope you have movie night tonight. We didn’t even get a sprinkle of rain today. It keeps missing us. Did you get new deck boards today?

Bob, great looking salad. Yummmm. So you and Jean are groupies. I would never have guessed. 😂🤣
    Do you have an Acorn TV subscription? I have had one for years but I may not renew. I’m fact, I have watched for a long time, my subscription may have run out already. Best wishes on the upcoming service call.

Anne, lovely milk jug. I too take my tea plain. No milk, no sugar, no lemon. ☺️

Jackie, hello. Are the dogs happier with the steps,now?

Must move on. I can’t make up my mind what I want to do so I am going to just set everything aside and read some more in the mystery I have been reading, much more slowly than usual. I did receive a phone call to let me know I have some books ready to pickup. So maybe I should get a move on.

Take care everyone. Best wishes all round, 🙋🏼‍♀️ Buzz, Barbie, Patsy and all the crew.

Lin
    ❤️❤️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :) Our big adventure today was to drive to the post office to mail some important letters then to the library curbside pickup to return a book, get two more and get my t shirt award for the summer reading challenge. Jake liked my shirt so much that he came home and joined the challenge.
    <3 Barbie
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Well I am finally caught up with daily messages. That took forever, but I enjoyed catching up with everyone. It seems I get involved in something and when that happens MFP falls behind. I miss everyone !

Lots keeping me busy in the yard. My so called gardener has fallen way behind, so I took on some pruning of two sides of the house. All azaleas, camellias and a hydrangea were all way over grown. Glad that is all done. The rest is up to him to maintain....lots of shrubs, which I never planted. Definitely a felling of accomplishment though I have discovered a feel muscles I didn't know I had . LOL

Our son and family bought their first home about a month ago after being renters for so many years. They are excited about the move though a bit overwhelmed with all that is in the house now and wondering where it is going to go. Definitely time to decided what one really needs to keep and what can go. A big job ahead of them.

And our daughter informed us she and her family are moving at the end of August to a home that has 6.5 acres in a rural area about 20 minutes from us. A bit further but no problem because the 3 kids still go to the same schools. Pretty property, but a bit of a concern we think. With Calif fires the last so many years and lots of trees on the property they will have some work ahead of them. Being city kids "yard work" there will definitely keep them very busy. They are excited about the move and looking forward to having a veggie garden and maybe some chickens. Our daughter loves dogs, so there just may be another added to their 3.

Jackie, your staircase looks really nice as does the new door. Would love to have a tour of your place. Recently read a great book that took place in Cornwall, UK. It was called The Letter: An unforgettable novel of forbidden love, secrets and sacrifice by Ruth Saberton. A 5 star book that I could hardly put down. Loved it !

Buzz, glad to see that you are starting to feel better again. A motorized wheelchair just might make your journeys down the hall a bit easier. Stay safe and away from the windows. Thinking of you.

Lin, love this last tea pot. Probably my favorite so far. Stay cool inside and enjoy your great puzzles.

Anne, I think you just might also enjoy the book I recommended too. Glad your son will be back to work soon though I am sure you will miss his company. Enjoy hearing from you.

Sandy, your grandkids are growing up so quickly. Glad that you are able to enjoy them. We too are feeling being housebound due to the virus, but get out mainly to grocery shop with our masks on. Do miss seeing our kids and grandkids, but stay up dated about them. Did see them all about a month ago. Our shops and restaurants have all closed again per our governor. Lots of hard times ahead for many people.

Bob, must admit you have done really well with your MFP accomplishments. Love your wonderful looking healthy meals that you prepare. Keep up the good work and thanks for being a great motivator for all of us.

Patsy, I think of you often when you describe the area that you reside in. We were up along the northern Oregon coast as far as Tillimook last year with our rv. I am envious of your fog and the ocean. Only I can say that coming from the Calif valley with our temps currently in the middle 90s. Take care of yourself. The virus is no joke up our way either. We will get thru this.

Well I need to end this for now. Everyone take care of yourselves.

Diane
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good to hear from you Diane. So much news to absorb and big changes!

Barbie, that sounds like a very good day to me. Post office and library combo, wonderful.

Sending along a photo of a very fancy tea set.

‘Enamel & Silver Tea Service Sealed Musashiya and Signed Masazane Japan, Meiji Period late 19th century’

czoji5j5n07g.jpeg

❤️❤️
    Lin
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers! Up here in the north country the rain is pounding on the windows and the window air conditioners making quite a rattle. My brave wee dog who barks at foxes, delivery men, strange strangers, lightening bolts, loud claps of thunder etc, is cuddled up as close to me as she can get. She has never heard rattling air conditioners before. Neither have I if it comes to that, but I can understand what the noise is. I'm not sure how she thinks doddery old Anne will protect her, doddery old Anne has enough trouble keeping upright at times herself. I'm hoping the rain will bring an end to the hottest July on record here. It's bad enough remaining upright on ice in the winter without wilting in summer heat.

Michael might come over, but I expect the rain will deter him. A last hurrah before he returns, reluctantly I think, to work. He's thoroughly enjoyed joining us carefree pensioners I believe as opposed to dealing with unpolite members of a more spoilt generation. Poor younger son Mark is still dealing with a kidney stone and Mary Jo is digging up spuds. Oh, And grandson Derek, laid off, is about to launch a video game he's been working on now he's going it alone. Can't wait to try it!
    So all is sort of fine with the Anne family.

And all you dear Sneakers appear to be dealing with the plague very well. Despite presidents, unscrupulous governments world wide, folks having fun toppling statues, folks having fun breathing on each other on beaches, locusts devouring everything in sight, the sun is still rising, the rain is still falling and the planet continues its merry way,

And I must continue on mine. Move over Jilly Bean, the rattlings stopped.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Movie night was great, a nice cool night watching Trolls ll. I didn't get home until 11:00pm but it is worth it to be with the kiddos. However, it doesn't really get dark until after the two young ones bedtime so they are pretty antsy during the movie.
    I will be having a video call with my kids this afternoon and later a cocktail zoom with friends.
    I will also ride my bike and visit Joe .

Anne, poor Mark, kidney stones are no fun, I remember when Bryanna had one. How exciting for Derek, is he launching it on youtube or elsewhere?

Lin, very elegant indeed. Yes, the handyman did come without notice so I cleared the balcony and he proceeded to cut a piece of flooring and said he would be back. A couple of hours later he returned and said well can't do the flooring until September because Menards and Home Depot had none is stock. So he left and I put all the furniture back along with my hummingbird feeder even though he told me no feeders are allowed. Mine is attached to my table and is hard to see with my balcony railing. I will defy the rules as long as I can, I love my hummingbird whom I call Buddy.

Diane, big changes for your children, exciting and scary at the same time. As explained earlier, since my son works from home and the kids aren't in school and Lisa's parents stay isolated we all feel safe in our bubble. We are mostly outside and keep our distance except for the kids who love hugs. I do not go in stores, only the dollar tree occasionally for cards. I do my shopping online and have groceries put in trunk with no contact. So far this has been working and I just pray it continues until they find a vaccine.

Barbie, I think it is only fair that you show us a picture of you in your new shirt.

Bob, very good deal on the Columbian jacket, I have a couple I bought from Amazon but who knows if they are the real thing. What fun to be on the bus with one of the Mavericks. Do we know how old you are or are you keeping that to yourself. lol

Jackie, you are either posting with me or just busy, either way hello.

Patsy, hope all is well with you.

Buzz, keeping safe I presume, hurricane due to hit today, be careful.

Have a great day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    A partly cloudy Sunday. But it is to be a bit warm. I really can’t complain however.. hearing about the wildfires makes me nervous. A rain shower would be welcome. I pray for those in harms way. California and Florida!

John says he must mow again. The grass in Katie’s playground is getting too high. She is such a wimp she doesn’t like tall grass...well only to eat some of it and of course throw up in the living room. Sigh!,
    Since her very short hair cut, she must have a blanket at night. We have seriously trained her to be a spoiled but well loved child.

We will talk to our son tonight. I chatted with our daughter yesterday. She has three dogs. A mental case standard poodle. He gets into everything and chews up garbage and his toys. He has skin problems and needs medical attention regularly. The other two are small mixed breeds and very ancient. Also needing constant medical care. It is so hard when the pets get sick.

Since John will be tired after mowing, I will fix our veggie burgers to eat indoors tonight. I had thought about dinner on the deck tonight. Another night when he is not so busy during the day.

I have been going through a phase of sleepless nights. Neuropathy in the feet. But it is manageable.

Coffee is brewed. Time to jump into action.
    Take care dear ones. Don’t let your guard down.
    Patsy☘️
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Wow, I love the Japanese set with beautiful colours cast by the enamel. Makes me wonder why styles changed so much to become plain and simple.
    I’ve been enjoying the sort of day I love. A friend dropped in before I walked the pooches to leave a small amount of money owing then I managed to dodge showers round the village and back home for coffee. Lots of little jobs achieved including picking blackberries that I stewed with a couple of apples from my garden. Planning for the Winter months I ordered kiln dried logs and kindling for my log burner that are to be delivered tomorrow so sorted the space in my log store.
    I’m now boiling a couple of spuds from the allotment so I can enjoy bangers and mash for my evening meal. My weigh scales still aren’t working even with a new battery so I’m not sure if the cheap Chinese batteries are to blame. I’ll have to buy locally and hope they work otherwise I’m a bit out of control sneaking wrong food! 😛
    Great to hear from Diane with all her news. Worrying times lovey so stay safe. 😍. I appreciate your book recommendation especially because I had considered buying it a couple of months ago but some reviewers commented that they struggled with the story jumping from past to present. Perhaps that was their problem rather than the storyline! Next time I need to boost an Amazon purchase price to receive free postage I’ll buy a copy.

Juggling pans in order to add onion gravy to the menu and eyes streaming after chopping said onions so better concentrate on my cooking... back later.
    Jackie 😍😘