Downsizers Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    z3140atv01bv.png

Do you prefer to workout at home or at a gym and why?

I think 🤔 I would prefer to workout in a gym. I can’t go right now due to my shoulder. I have very little equipment at home so I am not able to strength train. I think going to the gym is good mentally as well as it physical for me. Also if I did have a gym membership, I can go use the cardio equipment in the winter when walking outside is difficult due to the weather.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    August 3: 10,721 steps
    20 minutes of yoga
    Under calories for the day

The surgeon did NOT clear me to return to work so that was a real bummer, and I wasn't really motivated today. However, I pushed myself to go. Walked my 8,000 steps and came back home because the bottoms of my feet were on fire! Saw the number and knew that I was too close to give up. So I changed my shoes 3x and added an extra pair of socks and got them done! Felt very good afterwards to say I beat my goal despite everything. Scale climbed again (i'm starting to become obsessed with that number on the scale despite the progress I see in the mirror, but I will NOT let it deter me.) Anywho, I am only on a weight lifting restriction until the 18th and then hopefully I can incorporate some more strength training in and get back to the hospital (for work) as that will SURELY help me get my steps in. Tomorrow I have a cardiology appointment just to make sure that my arrhythmia is not anything to be concerned about. (Past history of arrhythmia that subsided when I lost a substantial amount of weight, so I am sure it is nothing but better safe than sorry!)

Hope everyone had a wonderful and successful day today! :smiley:

I am sorry you are unable to return to work but you must need more time to recover. Way to go on getting your steps done in spite of your lower motivation. My husband laughs at me when I get so determined to hit the 10,000 steps. It is so satisfying to have my Fitbit screen show the disco ball when I reach goal. My fingers are crossed that all goes well at the cardiologist.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!
    Well I do not have a favorite sports drink besides water. I have been trying to lose weight for a while and I’m awesome at maintaining but that darn scale never drops. I’m not following any diet plan right now, just counting calories as best as possible. I workout practically EVERYDAY, using the Beachbody program (specifically ShaunT). I have started to also use the Peloton app as I await the arrival of my bike, so if anyone has a Peloton Bike I would love the extra push! My triggers are not planning ahead with healthy choices consistently and always having delicious snacks around (I love to bake). I hope that in this group I have the support and encouragement to meet/achieve my goals. And, as to how to make this group better? I’m new and I do not have anything to suggest right now. I just need a little help figuring out how to post my weekly weigh-in for my group “Downsizers”. Thank you for the acceptance 💖

Welcome to the group. It can be really frustrating when that scale won’t budge. Ensure you are in a deficit everyday, continue to exercise and the scale will start moving. I have seen those bikes advertised and they look awesome. Just follow Maria’s directions on posting your weight.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Morning! Yesterday was a really horrible day. I went to the gym and I received a video call from my parents that at the end they are not coming on Wednesday. My mum was ugly crying, my dad quite cranky from the situation .. And at that moment I was lucky that I was in the gym because I did my sport extra hard. After the gym I went for a walk. Looking for a quiet place to crush but no luck. I went home and then I started crying and panic attack, anxiety attacks, I cut my hair :( I( have that when I'm doing real bad) and I didn't eat until really really late in the day. Which I ended up eating a vegan burguer in McDonald's :(
    Today I don't feel better but at least I got quite some steps. 19.023 steps
    My goal for today is eating the 5 meals. At least 3 of them and be out of bed

Hang in there! All I can say is COVID-19 sucks. It has to be so tough not getting your parents to come see you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Last week 291.6
    This week 291.0
    Not huge, but still the right direction. Ha!

Those losses add up. You are very consistent with pulling a loss almost very week since you started. That is impressive!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-In: Monday, August 3

•30 Active Minutes: Yes ✅
    •Gym: 0/4 days ❎
    •Water: 1.5 L ❎
    •Steps:14,376 ✅
    •Starch-free dinner: Yes ✅
    •Intermittent Fasting: Yes ✅

Daily update:

Phew! Finally caught up with everyone! I’m so pleased to see how active everyone is this month. I’ve enjoyed reading about your days and how you’ve had wins and I’ve even appreciated you also sharing when things have not been so easy. I hope we are able to help you and encourage you and show you there support you need.

Ipdatw for myself, I’m still spending a lot of time unpacking and washing and cleaning and sorting in the new house. I’m tired but happy it’s all getting done. I’m still on my IF ans am happy to see it reflecting on the scale.

Wishing you all a wonderful Tuesday ❤️❤️

August goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Make it to the gym at least 4 times a week.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
    •Do IF for at least 6 days a week.

I am glad the scale is dropping for you. Hopefully soon you will have all the unpacking done.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    z3140atv01bv.png

I want to say I like to workout at home, but the truth is I workout better at the gym. Maybe a combo of some kind.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    z3140atv01bv.png

I want to say I like to workout at home, but the truth is I workout better at the gym. Maybe a combo of some kind.

I think a combination of both is a great idea. Go to the gym on days you can as that is where you feel the most productive but if you can’t make it, then a home work out is better no workout. 💪🏻❤️👍🏻
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    pandygirl1 wrote: »

Question of the week:
    Do you prefer to workout at home, or at the gym and why?

( I prefer to workout at home, mostly because I'm self-conscious and don't want nobody to watch me as I'm working out.)

I remember having the same insecurities especially at my heaviest weight. I always felt that people were watching me and judging me and I think at times some people were. I totally understand this fear and it’s not an easy to overcome. I think time helped me get over it. I still have moments where I feel insecure but as soon as my music is on and I’m in my own little world I just focus on the reason I’m there. Me.

• leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Steps for Monday, August 3: 6,041
    My plan for a long evening walk was thwarted when my niece/Goddaughter called me to inform me that I was going out to dinner with them for her 22nd birthday. :D Today, we're expecting a hurricane so I'm trying to step away from my desk as often as I can to get some steps here and there. My prayers are with everyone who may be along the east coast of the US as this makes its way up north. <3
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Question of the week:
    Do you prefer to workout at home, or at the gym, and why?
    Especially now, I prefer the gym. I've been quarantined at my mother's house where I don't have much to work out with. I brought resistance bands and a yoga mat, I bought a jogging trampoline a few weeks ago and last week I went out and got a kettlebell, an exercise ball, and a medicine ball. That basically covers what I need to follow along with the youtube workout videos I've been following.

Like others, I also have the feeling that people at the gym are watching/judging me, but I feel it in a different way. I won't leave until a minimum of an hour after arriving, because surely the front desk people will judge me, I'll speed up my pace on the treadmill or elliptical because clearly other people are tracking my pace, I'll finish a class that's killing me because I'm not going to be the one that walks out. At home, if it hurts I take a break. :D

• mari_moulin
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    Question of the week:
    Do you prefer to workout at home, or at the gym, and why?
    Especially now, I prefer the gym. I've been quarantined at my mother's house where I don't have much to work out with. I brought resistance bands and a yoga mat, I bought a jogging trampoline a few weeks ago and last week I went out and got a kettlebell, an exercise ball, and a medicine ball. That basically covers what I need to follow along with the youtube workout videos I've been following.

Like others, I also have the feeling that people at the gym are watching/judging me, but I feel it in a different way. I won't leave until a minimum of an hour after arriving, because surely the front desk people will judge me, I'll speed up my pace on the treadmill or elliptical because clearly other people are tracking my pace, I'll finish a class that's killing me because I'm not going to be the one that walks out. At home, if it hurts I take a break. :D

Hahaha OMG excellent. I will have to use that next time I’m feeling insecure!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    My plan for a long evening walk was thwarted when my niece/Goddaughter called me to inform me that I was going out to dinner with them for her 22nd birthday. :D Today, we're expecting a hurricane so I'm trying to step away from my desk as often as I can to get some steps here and there. My prayers are with everyone who may be along the east coast of the US as this makes its way up north. <3

I’ve got your steps in. Well done trying to get them in even if you are unable to get out due to the weather. Stay safe ❤️
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

28Haveitall2020
    Sw 242.3lbs
    CW 237.7lbs
    TLD : 7.3lbs
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 49 minute walk
    Water:✅
    Steps: 11,127

Sorry for the late check in today. I had a rough night last due to the pain in my shoulder. My brain is foggy from lack of sleep and coffee didn’t help. I ordered a cbd oil spray the other day and I am hoping this will help. I am going to force myself to get out of my jammies and walk to the postal outlet to pick the package up. The good news is I start physical therapy on Friday. My doctor is back from holidays on Thursday so I am hoping she will try another cortisone shot. Keep your fingers crossed that these things help.

My weight is lower than Friday’s weigh in but I am fighting with light night snacking. I am sticking to my plan all day but come 10pm I am in the kitchen looking for food. I am not that hungry so I got to break this bad habit. I am going to keep trying to break this because as long as I keep trying, I am not failing.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. no step goal
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. No late night snacking
    5. 72 ounces of water
    6. Bed by 11pm
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Stay safe! I am usually popping up at least every hour to try and walk 5 minutes.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

28Haveitall2020
    Sw 242.3lbs
    CW 237.7lbs

Impressive loss this week! How is your week going so far?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,640 Member
    Options
    I love that our team is more active now but wheww is it hard to keep up with everyone ....so I will say Great job for the ones who lost this week Congrats .........For the ones who didn't ...don't give up it will eventually come off :) ...I will be walking with Leslie (Dvd) with my walking boot on soon....and use my pool later ...I will also be making a Mac Daddy Salad (think Big Mac but minus the bun ) with homemade keto Thousand Island Dressing ......and for Taco Tuesday I will be having crockpot carnitas that I made last night with a low carb tortilla ...I hope everyone has a great day :)
  • mari_moulin
    Options

28Haveitall2020
    Sw 242.3lbs
    CW 237.7lbs

Wow great progress! Please share your secrets!

This discussion has been closed.