Doom, Despair, and Agony on Me! (aka a whine thread)

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    anyone else having trouble with the stupid website and logging entries? I'm having a time with it lately - either it gives me an application error, or it won't pull up my recents list. And the item I want is never on the frequent list which shows up without a problem every time, but I have to try sometimes 5 or 6 times to get the recent list up!
  • anyone else having trouble with the stupid website and logging entries? I'm having a time with it lately - either it gives me an application error, or it won't pull up my recents list. And the item I want is never on the frequent list which shows up without a problem every time, but I have to try sometimes 5 or 6 times to get the recent list up!

I get a lot of application errors but reloading the page fixes it for me. But I agree, it's a pain.

• deafenbaugh
    deafenbaugh Posts: 39 Member
    anyone else having trouble with the stupid website and logging entries? I'm having a time with it lately - either it gives me an application error, or it won't pull up my recents list. And the item I want is never on the frequent list which shows up without a problem every time, but I have to try sometimes 5 or 6 times to get the recent list up!

I was having the same issues plus my home page would never load. I have always used internet explorer but then tried it using Chrome as my browser. It seemed to work better and my home page loaded. May want to try.
    Luann
  • bmeadows380

I was having the same issues plus my home page would never load. I have always used internet explorer but then tried it using Chrome as my browser. It seemed to work better and my home page loaded. May want to try.
    Luann

*winces* I hate Chrome, though

lol

I use Firefox myself, though my friend mentioned one called Brave that I might give some try to. Supposedly, Brave does better at not tracking your internet usage.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member

Luann

*winces* I hate Chrome, though

lol

I use Firefox myself, though my friend mentioned one called Brave that I might give some try to. Supposedly, Brave does better at not tracking your internet usage.

Duck Duck Go is another good one for that too. I haven't tried it with MFP though.
  • bmeadows380
    I do use Duck Duck Go in place of Google for pretty much everything except the mapping. I've been pretty pleased with it. And Infogalactic is advertised as being a more vetted version of Wikipedia; supposedly they work harder to keep the bias and outright misinformation out of the articles, though when you look at them, it seems they are pretty much using wikipedia for their source.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @amart4224 - I was thinking of you today, and wondered how things are going with your job. About 3 weeks ago you were in a really bad place. I hope things got better but if not, remember what monster.com used to say, "There's a better job out there".
  • bmeadows380
    Water weight blues strike again. Earlier in the week, I was consistently under 220 lbs and enough that I was able to record my weight as being under 220 lbs on Thursday. But Thursday afternoon, I went shopping with my sister and we ate at Olive Garden, and the water weight has my weight popped back up to 223 and it won't budge, which also popped my HappyScale trend weight up to 221 lbs......*grrrrr*

It'll come off, I know, but its just mildly irritating!
  • Water weight blues strike again. Earlier in the week, I was consistently under 220 lbs and enough that I was able to record my weight as being under 220 lbs on Thursday. But Thursday afternoon, I went shopping with my sister and we ate at Olive Garden, and the water weight has my weight popped back up to 223 and it won't budge, which also popped my HappyScale trend weight up to 221 lbs......*grrrrr*

It'll come off, I know, but its just mildly irritating!

We've been stressed due to mental health issues and so I'm retaining water enough that the pants that were loose are not so loose any more. Urgh. I can feel physically that I'm bloated. I'm drinking all the water I should, and just waiting for this to subside, but it's not fun.
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Period twice in two weeks, feel swollen all over. Flip flops getting tight ugh
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 474 Member
    edited October 2020
    Sprained my ankle while walking in the park yesterday. Walking with a slight limp today, glad that there is not a lot of bruising/bluing. :s

My left ankle is extraordinarily stupid, this must be the 20th time that it has done that. Why can't it learn from the right one? That ankle is proper, respectful and always mindful of its surroundings.

Think I'll order another right ankle next time. In the meantime...no sock for you, numbskull!! >:)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    gewel321 wrote: »
    Biopsy was this morning. I forgot how much pain I would be in. They had to take 3 different samples so I got 3 different cuts. Fun Times! I really really really want a cigarette today and all the foods. But I will muster on, chew on some sugar free gum (can't even have nicotine gum cause I have to be nicotine free), and focus on one hour at a time today. It's going to be a rough one today.

I just read this and I forgot what I was going to whine about....sending you so many good thoughts....
  • Well, kitten.
    I've just sneezed hard three times and my nose is stuffed up and my throat is getting sore. Normally I'd say it was just my usual autumn cold. In these times, though....

Fortunately I have two weeks worth of food in the house. Boyfriend will have to go out tomorrow and pick up medications.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I sent my PCP's nurse an email to get this poison ivy situation dealt with. It is funny I had some in the spring and was able to get through it without anything special but I have been fighting this for 2 weeks and losing ground. I am unable to get good quality sleep. I was definitely dozing in church this morning.

To add to my heathen ways I went out and played around in the poison ivy some more today. I figure if I am going to get a shot anyway I might as well clean out the section near the fence some more. I am sure some of my neighbors were making notes about my working outside on a Sunday.

My fall/pre-winter list is EPIC. I think @bmeadows380 is secretly putting some of her long list of things on my list. I wish yard and house work was like losing weight and incremental change was all that is needed. Granted that does work in a few areas but for the most part if you are not doing all of the work you are falling behind.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I am so happy I do not do yard work or play in poison ivy for fun!
  • It appears that I have been enjoying my usual fall cold. It's not as bad as usual, though; it's just confined itself to a stuffy head and occasional sneezing fits along with making me feel really spacey and tired. I appreciate this, I have way too much to do.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I am so happy I do not do yard work or play in poison ivy for fun!

The poison ivy around here had gotten way out of control. Our property borders some county owned property that is not maintained right around the property lines for me and two of my neighbors. It has gone unchecked for a number of years. This year two of us have been clearing and spraying to knock it back. One section of my property had been used by the previous owners as a dumping ground for bushes and limbs. That area was impossible to control because walking around back there was pretty much impossible. When I started clearing I had no idea how much was back there. It was crazy. I thought it would be 3 or 4 days of work. I am up to 10 and I would guess I have at least 4 more days. It is closing in on manageable now. All of the yard waste is gone (I think) and I am getting all of the naturally fallen and dead standing stuff as well as clearing brush, privet, irregularly growing small trees, and, of course, poison ivy.

The nice thing is there are two really tall trees back there that if I clear around them I can make them feel like part of the yard.