Non Scale Victories

Replies

• I had noticed all my rings are loose - I mean really lose as in don't flick a hand or your fling the ring off kind of lose. The sad part is all my rings but one are the costume variety and can't be resized, and the one that CAN be resided I'm waiting to see where I stabilize out at before paying to have it resized.

One of the small things that I found encouraging was that my first set of engagement and wedding rings fit again after about three months. My hands aren't particularly fat, so I think I'm back to my "true size", which is a good thing because once he gets a job we're going to go out to jewelry stores and look at engagement rings. I want a ruby with side diamonds in white gold or platinum. I'm not a solitaire diamond girl.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    I have a NSV this week. One I am sure most of you may have experienced. I have a regular check up with my doctor tomorrow. I had lab work for the appointment and my numbers have improved! My A1C which is a marker for diabetes came down from 11 to 7.7 (normal around 6.0)! That is with a 35 lb weight loss. Maybe will get to normal with another 30 lb loss. Feels good to see the loss make a difference.

That's great news!
  • We have a two-story house, with one of four bedrooms downstairs (occupied by my girlfriend, who has a bad back) and the other three upstairs, being the bedroom that Boyfriend and I share, his office, and my sewing/crafting/guest room. I have to say that it is a lot easier to go up and down stairs during the day while cleaning and putting away laundry and such now that I am nearly 50 pounds lighter.
  • deafenbaugh
    deafenbaugh Posts: 39 Member
    We have a two-story house, with one of four bedrooms downstairs (occupied by my girlfriend, who has a bad back) and the other three upstairs, being the bedroom that Boyfriend and I share, his office, and my sewing/crafting/guest room. I have to say that it is a lot easier to go up and down stairs during the day while cleaning and putting away laundry and such now that I am nearly 50 pounds lighter.

That is a great NSV! I haven't tried the stairs yet.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    I had noticed all my rings are loose - I mean really lose as in don't flick a hand or your fling the ring off kind of lose. The sad part is all my rings but one are the costume variety and can't be resized, and the one that CAN be resided I'm waiting to see where I stabilize out at before paying to have it resized.

On my home home yesterday, I stopped at a Cato's clothing store to see if I could find a blue jean skirt since all of mine are now too big. They didn't have them in my size, but they DID have high rise jeans (yes!) straight leg, and even though I had to pay full price for them, I bought a pair of 16 regulars to try on - and they fit when I got home!

BUT while at the checkout counter, one of their sterling silver rings caught my eye and for a lark, I tried on a 7 - a SIZE 7 and it fit! I bought it and wore it home and was worried I wouldn't be able to get it off, but nope, it came on and off easily. Probably not so easily if my fingers swell, but still, I have never wore a size 7 ring in my life. IN fact, my high school class ring was an 11, and that one single piece of actual jewelry jewelry ring I have is a size 9 which I was in shock over when I got it 2 years ago, but now a 7?!!!! that does not compute, I tell you!

I had this problem too! I don't want to re-size them until I've been at my GW for a year or two, but they were already so big they were falling off. This saved me: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0OX3EW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It took a little adjustment to get used to it, but I think they work great!
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Today was my grandma's funeral. I wore a dress, my husband wore his suit. On our way home, we stopped at the liquor store to grab some beer from their cooler. I was cold, so my gentleman husband gave me his jacket. It has always been so small that I could only wear it draped across my shoulders. Today, I wore it. Buttoned. With room to spare.
    @eliazalot That's a great feeling ---- I am finding that I have to wear a belt with my shorts or they fall down! Came close a couple of times in the grocery store of losing my drawers...More importantly, I'm sorry about your grandma's passing.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Firstly, really sorry I haven't been around in the group the last few months I've been struggling and found everything difficult. But I'm back into the swing of it now and I hope I can keep up the momentum that I've got going this week.

Secondly, you lot are AMAZING!
    There are some fantastic acheivements here and some great stories, keep it up you lovely people.

Hi, Jackie! It's great to see you back and I'm glad things are turning around for you! Conversation has gone a little quieter than normal here abouts, but we're all still here,plugging away :grin:
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Firstly, really sorry I haven't been around in the group the last few months I've been struggling and found everything difficult. But I'm back into the swing of it now and I hope I can keep up the momentum that I've got going this week.

Secondly, you lot are AMAZING!
    There are some fantastic acheivements here and some great stories, keep it up you lovely people.

Glad you're back Jackie!
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    I went down a pant size about a month ago. I bought a size smaller and a belt so I could still wear the larger ones (necessity) and now I'm noticing the smaller size is fitting loosely now! Not enough to downsize again yet but it should be very soon ! Yay for non scale victories!