Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Here for Monday check in. I've decided that later today I'm going to try and do a meal plan for the coming week as noticing not so great habits have crept back in food wise and I don't want to keep on seeing gains or maintains as the goal is to be losing!

Of course fluctuations happen but small things will start adding up further if I continue to let things like takeaways become a too much of a regular thing again. Bit dubious on the number as I have been more towards 251/251.4 within this week but I'll take the number and see where the next week and hormones take me.

CW: 250.6
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Hallo. I'm a bit disconnected from the phone/tablet/computer but here are my maths:
    weights
    October 3 : 134,4 kg 296,3 lbs
    October 10 : 133,1 kg 293,4 lbs
    October 17: 133 kg 293,2 lbs
    Steps
    12 October 11.186 steps
    13 October 11.747 steps
    14 October 20.707 steps
    15 October 5.458 steps
    16 October 13.244 steps
    17 October 11.769 steps

18 October 13.463 steps
  • jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    l881uoogyjfi.png

Weight: 233.6 I know it went up, but I’m really at the verge of giving up here. I workout everyday and I try my best to dial in my nutrition and nothing. My workouts are at least twice a day for a total of 45-60minutes. My battle has always been food. I will continue to fight, but my will and strength is just at the point of why bother.

• shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    With the shoulder injury last week I just kinda gave up a little. Gained weight back and ate like crazy. Sat on the couch and didn't do much. But woke up this morning determined.
    PW:161.2
    CW:164
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 17
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 5458

So I didn't end up getting much for steps as I didn't go for an actual walk. But, we had a great day full of fun and trick or treating and the kids had a blast. I did great with food and drank lots of water. While the trick or treating didn't produce a lot of steps, we did walk for 2 hours. Drove home last night and both kids fell asleep in the car, they were wiped.

Sounds like a fun day. You did well sticking to plan even when camping!

@lindamtuck2018

My starting weight
    25th September was 198.5
    2nd October was 194.25
    9th October was 192
    16th October was 190.5
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

No steps for the last few days. My husband has been really unwell and been concentrating on him. Took him for a chest xray today so hoping he get what he needs and will be on the mend soon.

Hopefully back on track tomorrow

Got it all straightened out with weights. I hope your husband feels better soon.

dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hello all. Finally getting back on my feet after getting C19. I lost a few lbs but I wasn't eating.
    CW....217
    Steps ....29,374
    Not many but still get effects of the virus. Back on tracking tomorrow.
    💗💗
    I hope you fully recover soon. It took my mom awhile to get back on her feet.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Morning all,

Here for Monday check in. I've decided that later today I'm going to try and do a meal plan for the coming week as noticing not so great habits have crept back in food wise and I don't want to keep on seeing gains or maintains as the goal is to be losing!

Of course fluctuations happen but small things will start adding up further if I continue to let things like takeaways become a too much of a regular thing again. Bit dubious on the number as I have been more towards 251/251.4 within this week but I'll take the number and see where the next week and hormones take me.

CW: 250.6

A meal plan sounds like a great idea. I think if I didn’t plan a week in advance I would be back to ordering take out a couple of times a week.

jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    l881uoogyjfi.png

Weight: 233.6 I know it went up, but I’m really at the verge of giving up here. I workout everyday and I try my best to dial in my nutrition and nothing. My workouts are at least twice a day for a total of 45-60minutes. My battle has always been food. I will continue to fight, but my will and strength is just at the point of why bother.

I have always read and been told by personal trainers I have had in the past that weight loss is 20% exercise and 80% diet. The nutrition part is really hard. Make sure you track, weigh everything that you eat and try to plan your menu ahead of time. I too also battle with my diet. Stay strong and never give up. Imagine where you would be if you were not trying.

With the shoulder injury last week I just kinda gave up a little. Gained weight back and ate like crazy. Sat on the couch and didn't do much. But woke up this morning determined.
    PW:161.2
    CW:164

An injury and pain makes it hard to focus. I am glad you are determined to get your diet back on track. You got this!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    5wp01r04n1ob.png
    I am so proud of this team! You are all so amazing!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ke7qxpozt7ms.png
    Well done ladies! You are awesome!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over by 64 calories
    Exercise: 0
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 2,674
    Sleep: yes
    DBF: 1

Yesterday was a real lazy day as I spent most of the day playing video games with my granddaughter. Last night was the first time in awhile that I got at least 8 hours of sleep. I feel great this morning. I am going to do a chair workout later this morning.

Have a great day!

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Sleep at least 8 hours
    3. Chair workout 5 times a week
    4. Stay within maintenance calories
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 18
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8744
    Exercise 60min walk

Normally Sunday is a rest day since we are usually at my parents. With how tired the kids were from camping though we decided to stay home and I went for a walk in the middle of the day.
    Trying to focus today and not let emotions get to me. We got news last night my great uncle lost the battle with Covid and passed. I ate a few pieces of Halloween candy the kids got but then stopped. I've always been an emotional eater so I need to be conscious of that today.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    GOALS: Sunday, Oct. 18

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: NO
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    SUN. 10/18: 10,382

The weekends are so hard to manage with food for me, I hope I didn't unravel all of last weeks hard work in two days. :( Trying to get back on board this morning and still have that goal of getting weekends under control.
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    PW 222.8
    CW 221.2
    LTD 23.8
    10/18 steps: 9,447
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    10/17 11,671
    10/18 4,288--Lazy day Sunday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 18
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8744
    Exercise 60min walk

Normally Sunday is a rest day since we are usually at my parents. With how tired the kids were from camping though we decided to stay home and I went for a walk in the middle of the day.
    Trying to focus today and not let emotions get to me. We got news last night my great uncle lost the battle with Covid and passed. I ate a few pieces of Halloween candy the kids got but then stopped. I've always been an emotional eater so I need to be conscious of that today.

I am so sorry for your loss! Hugs!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    GOALS: Sunday, Oct. 18

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: NO
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    SUN. 10/18: 10,382

The weekends are so hard to manage with food for me, I hope I didn't unravel all of last weeks hard work in two days. :( Trying to get back on board this morning and still have that goal of getting weekends under control.

Put the weekend behind you and start fresh. I think part of the problem with weekends is the lack of routine at least for me.

Case0099 wrote: »
    PW 222.8
    CW 221.2
    LTD 23.8
    10/18 steps: 9,447

Awesome loss!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    ipdx4q4okjfg.jpeg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,435 Member
    Options
    Could the following people please post their steps for last week ?

AmyG I need steps for 10/12, 10/13, 10/15, 10/16 and 10/17
    Azkunk I need steps for 10/17
    Draby I need steps for 10/13-10/17
    Jen Murphy I am not sure if you are still in the step challenge but if you are I need your steps from 10/11-10/17
    ZaralovesKatz..not sure if your knee is allowing to do steps but if it is please tell me your steps from 10/11-10/17
    MissGYST...Are you still in the step challenge ? If you are will you please post your steps from 10/11-10/17
    Tracyklaf1 I need your steps from 10/12-10/17
    Eaturpasta I need steps from 10/16 & 1-/17

If I do not have them by tomorrow afternoon I will be zeroing them out so I can tally up the winners and have them posted by tomorrow ....Thanks for your cooperation :)
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked No
    Under calories no
    Steps 12,239
    Exercise hike

I meal planned and made shopping list for the week. Scale down today so really hoping I can hold on to the loss for a couple of days until weight in day.
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    10/16 check in.

drank water yes
    6646 steps, but 4 miles on my bike!
    Close rings every day...yes

10/17 check in.

drank water..yes
    6114 steps, and 30 minutes on our new elliptical, phew!
    closed rings... yes

10/18 check in.

drank water yes
    8177 steps and 15 minutes on the elliptical
    closed rings...yes

Sorry to chunk so many days together. Weekends are difficult for me to get online.

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:174.4
    CW:171.2
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 25.8