Mission Slimpossible - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Last minute plea for some week one weigh-ins:
    @gwamajtw91

So sorry, completely forgot to post the weigh-in update!
    It was the same as the week before 163.6.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 and @bunniphu looking good!

@Firefly743 I just ran into a girl who used to work for me. She's about 40yrs old and has been heavy for as long as I've known her. Anyway she looked amazing. Healthy, fit and slim. She said she started doing a kettle bell workout to get rid of the extra weight she gained during covid.

As far as the age assessment test goes I would use it as a marker and see if you can bring the number down.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 and @buniphuphu
    Long whistle---- wow! You look amazing.

@Firefly743 - The really snarky thing I'm thinking about your health assessment is they boil all that stuff into a nasty potion that allows them to increase your premium. I've had that done to me before. There's enough obstacles to getting healthy without ones like that. Keep your chin up. You are doing great things. I don't think your post was whiny, it was honest about how you were feeling. Sharing feelings is how we support each other.

Happy Monday to all!
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone a late check in tonight. Been a long day. I love this group, and really enjoy reading all of your posts.

Love seeing your pics @buniphuphu. Just keep that swimming up. You are doing awesome.

@Firefly743 I'm so glad you shared. It helps so much just to rant some. You have and are continuing to awesome. This is such a mental journey. So much messes with our minds. Keep the positive self talk going. Keep reminding yourself of all you have accomplished and where you are headed!!!

Monday Checkin
    - log every bite: yes
    - 6,000 steps: yes - 8,275
    - 30 mins exercise: yes
    - drink 96 oz water: yes
    - no sugar: yes
    - spend time in prayer and Bible study: yes

Sweet dreams!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I hope your MIL heals quickly, sounds like you're all dealing with a lot. Good luck with her!

@buniphuphu I'm always amazed at how much you swim, you're doing amazing! There's a big difference in your photos.

Monday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, stretches, arm resistance bands, core

It's chilly tonight, I just put my heating blanket on the bed and fired it up, there's no way I'm taking off my flannel unless that bed's warm! Nothing new, I'm doing ok with adding back in a little cardio, it's not what I was doing a month ago but it's enough, I'm more concerned with keeping my back as strong as possible as it's been worse with all the nerve issues and lack of leg exercise.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Firefly743 I was just curious so I checked on the HASFit website and typed in kettlebells, they have a program you can pay for but I always did the free ones on YouTube or their website. Here's the kettlebell ones: https://hasfit.com/?s=&keywords=kettlebell&workout_length_min=&workout_length_max=
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Oh dear, she is lucky to have you guys to help her! That's a long distance to go. I hope she heals up nicely. That's good you can go to work to escape. Hang in there!

@buniphuphu Congrats on the loss, you continue to inspire me! Wow, great side by side comparison, you can really tell the difference!

@adhmrh Another awesome day, congrats!!!

Hi everyone. It looks like there is a possibility my full-time hours will be reinstated at work (I was put on 20 hours a week after being furloughed for several months due to COVID). If that happens, I'm going to have to re-balance everything I do. I'll still work from home most of the time but I'll have a lot less free time. But I need the money, so I hope it happens.

Monday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - not accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - 50% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW (9/28/2020): 214
    Check in weight (11/3): 215.8
    Check in weight (11/10): 214.6

woohoo! just keep swimming, like stated above! I'm recovering well from my surgery. I feel motivated to do more exercise, but not able to do more than walking right now. I still get tired! That's ok though, I am trying to walk more!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @jactop- I'm excited to see that 8 in your weight!

@raleighgirl09 - Congrats on the job! Excited for you! Hang in there with the step parental health issues and keep us updated.

@adhmrh - Love your determination. Great attitude!

@leonadixon - whooo! Look at that swimming you're doing. Awesome!
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Just checking in on Tuesday nite .... that I have been forgetting to check in daily 🤪
    👍 Have been doing okay with fitness goals, not so much on the ‘drop-those-chocolate-chips-lady!’ type of moments, though I AM getting better ( whew!)
    ❤️ I love reading through all your posts- that alone helps me do my thang - keep up all your fantabulousness !! 🌸
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Congratulations on your new job!

@admrh Great attitude, you got this!

@leonadixon Glad to hear recovery is going well!

@TwistedSassette Great job squeezing in workouts, you must be exhausted at the end of the day.

Tuesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- arm cardio, core, stretching, little legs

I'm trying to carefully add back in a little leg strengthening, will see how it goes. I actually worked up a sweat doing arm cardio today (doing about 15 minutes), it was nice to "earn" my shower as @Jugar and I say!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 CONGRATULATIONS on the job offers!

@adhmrh Sorry about the gain, there is so much good stuff in your week last week, you really rocked it and you were robbed at the scale. That has happened to me, too and it's a bummer. You have the right attitude, keep going, and don't give up, just remain consistent and those losses will come! Hugs to you! <3

@leonadixon WTG! And yes, keep swimming!!!

@TwistedSassette Thanks! It is difficult to rebalance but I'll figure it out. As you said, we all wing it lol! It sounds like you did have a busy day, but a good one! Hang in there, it will be the end of the week before you know it!

@SammyDee2015 Can you get them out of the house?

@TeresaW1020 Thank you, I will. And since I can work at home most of the time, it won't be too hard. Shopping and lunch sound like fun. I will be thinking good thoughts for your Friday weigh-in!

Hi all. I had a bad day yesterday, was experiencing a lot of anxiety and depression. I had to "wrap up in my cocoon" so to speak and protect myself. I feel a bit better today, thankfully. But it's no fun when I have days like that. I hope today is a better day.

Tuesday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - not accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - not accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
This discussion has been closed.