Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Just got home from a 7.37 miles :) now I am off to re arrange my house...I get bored often so I re-arrange a lot :p ...I hope everyone is doing good :)

Megan you have so much energy. I would be so tired after more than 7 miles!🥵

My knees hurt just reading about her steps 😱
  • azkunk
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:❌
    Steps: 6,649
    DBF: 0

Thanks for all the advice on moving! Yesterday I had what I like to call a slight binge. I stopped myself before I got too crazy. Still a positive! The really good part of yesterday was I went for a nice walk. I walked to the mini department store which is about 15 minutes away. I browsed around for awhile and walked back. Other than the numbness in my foot the pain bearable. It didn’t get bad until later in the afternoon when the swelling increased. I am off soon to get an X-ray of my hip and a Doppler to make sure I have no blood clot in my leg. I thought this was checked when I had the ultrasounds done but it wasn’t ordered for some reason.

I need to know is anyone as excited for tomorrow as I am! The season premiere of Grey’s is happening to a tv near you!

Happy Hump Day!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking

Great job stopping the binge. That’s definitely a positive thing and shows you are gaining control.
  • azkunk
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post November 10
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 6256
    Exercise 40min treadmill

My steps have been a little low the past couple days. I've been having a hard time with wanting to move with it being so cold outside. And the treadmill is just so boring haha. Maybe I'll try a long walking video again instead.

I felt the same way yesterday. It was chilly here for us and I just wanted to wrap up in a cozy blanket and chill
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,699 Member
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Hi🖐 my name has disappeared from the spreadsheet in the step challenge 😱
    The steps I think are there

I erased it to put in your step pledge and forgot to add it back ... it is all fixed now and all your steps were already there ...Sorry about that :)
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Nice check in! I did a program before I had my knee replacement. It basically gave us exercises to help strengthen everything around the knee. I wonder if this is the same thing. It was close to 5 years ago so my brain is foggy.

Thanks Linda! I imagine it's the same program. I have 12 exercise type classes where we do exercises for the knee in a group (only 3 people because of Covid. I haven't started yet, but it begins next week. I hope you found it useful. I think I will need a knee replacement at some point as my knees are not in good shape.

I hope you had a good day! Congratulations on your new apartment! Moving is always hard, but I'm sure it will be worth it!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Woops, I thought I pledged before November that my goal is 6K steps a day. No worries at all. If you don't mind, add me to the spread sheet. I have been posting my steps here. If it is any easier for you, I can go back to 11/1 and post those previous steps when I post my steps for today. That way you don't have to scour through all the previous posts :)

You are already on the spreadsheet I have all your steps ...I didn't have your goal of 6000 on the spreadsheet... I apologize

No apology necessary!! All good, and thank you :):)
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    11/11 check in
    calories under - yes
    water - yes
    exercise - yes
    steps -5010, goal 10k
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 -11/10 4813 11/9 10331 Thanks for all the work you do keeping track of this!
    I am having a tough time posting every day, it seems like when I got off schedule over the weekend getting back on schedule hasn't happened, yet. I've gotten to bed 2-3 hours later than usual for 3 nights in a row and I can tell that not sleeping enough has affected my eating. Plus, I really didn't feel like walking today (poor pups) so the steps are grocery store steps and bathroom breaks. With it getting dark early I see that I'm wimping out and not walking if it is dark. I'm getting them in early tomorrow. I did go back and read all of the postings I've missed and I just love hearing about everyone's progress, exercise habits, new apartments, moving tips, and more! I hope your day was good and have a great Thursday
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,699 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    11/11 check in
    calories under - yes
    water - yes
    exercise - yes
    steps -5010, goal 10k
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 -11/10 4813 11/9 10331 Thanks for all the work you do keeping track of this!
    I am having a tough time posting every day, it seems like when I got off schedule over the weekend getting back on schedule hasn't happened, yet. I've gotten to bed 2-3 hours later than usual for 3 nights in a row and I can tell that not sleeping enough has affected my eating. Plus, I really didn't feel like walking today (poor pups) so the steps are grocery store steps and bathroom breaks. With it getting dark early I see that I'm wimping out and not walking if it is dark. I'm getting them in early tomorrow. I did go back and read all of the postings I've missed and I just love hearing about everyone's progress, exercise habits, new apartments, moving tips, and more! I hope your day was good and have a great Thursday

Missing steps from you for 11/8 ...I might of missed them and I apologized if I did
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    One more thing (then I promise I'll stop clogging the page here LOL). Thank you to @lindamtuck2018 (for everything you do) and for the weekend challenge, particularly the "take time for yourself part". I decided to make that a daily goal this week and so last night I took a nice long salt bath and OMG this morning I felt incredible! THANK YOU!
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    11/11
    Steps = 10,177
    But it is COLD outside! I saw a friend while I was walking & even though I don’t see many friends these days I couldn’t chat long - I was shaking. We had beautiful weather for a week & now we’re back to normal November weather - brrrr.
    Calories- good day today!
    Relaxation??? Bad - Somedays I work too much & today was one of those days.
    Water - good!
    Planning to make minestrone soup tomorrow- healthy & delicious!
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nov 11th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Walks this week- 1 (goal of 3)

Steps 10,000 (I am a bit short but that's what it's going to be before bed lol)

Today was a good day food wise. Made an old slimming world recipe- diet coke chicken, had that with some rice.

I looked at my calories and feel like I didn't eat enough. But I made a promise not to eat after 8 so... I'll be ok til tomorrow. It wasn't restricting, I have just been busy and the food has been enough.

Tomorrow I have plans with a friend to get a pedi! Very exciting stuff. Then going to the dentist to get my teef cleaned (not so exciting)

Hoping to get a walk in at some point tomorrow, since I am back to work on Friday!

• ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    weigh in day is Friday

Steps 1302
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Steps edit!

10,198 for the day :)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Wednesday, Nov. 11
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking✔️
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    WED. 11/11: 8,500 (spinning) +3,248 (rowing) + 17,141 = 28,889
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    11/10:

Steps: 6,122
    At/Under Calories: Yes
    Water: Yes
    Sleep: Yes... (barely)!
    water: Yes

This is going to be a quick post. Last night our freezer/refrigerator stopped working. By the time I noticed it, Things were melting in the freezer. Anyway, we have a freezer and refrigerator in the garage, but it is stuffed cause we just did a big shopping trip last weekend. Between last night and today, we have the inside freezer working as a refrigerator. Dinner should be interesting..... beef & pork curry, anyone? It will be just fine. Our repair guy, incidentally named Guy, will be here Friday. Oh yeah, did I mention my truck? Well, that is another post, lol.

Why didn't I notice the leaking freezer earlier.... Because I am teaching my self not to constantly go in/out of the darn thing!! For me, that is great news :D:D

Hahahaha it is tricky but I can imagine that you will be thinking oh yeah! That's good news baby! I didn't check you out!
    Now is the moment to get over the top creative with he food.
    You can practice until Friday.
    Guy apparently is a typical DUtch name
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    11/11 check in
    calories under - yes
    water - yes
    exercise - yes
    steps -5010, goal 10k

Its incredible how not sleeping or sleeping worse affects to our bodies. Your grocery store and bathroom steps are quite some already😉 You will do more as soon as you improve your sleeping.
This discussion has been closed.