Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    How are you copying and pasting what others have written so it shows up how it does? I can't figure this out.

I had the same problem. Press quite
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @ScorpioGirl70 Dang, that is frustrating for you. I don't know if it is ok to post info about natural medication, let me know if not, but I took 5HTP when I was trying to quit smoking and I can't believe how well it worked for me. I only took it for a month, but I had been trying for years to quit and couldn't believe when it took away that desire...somehow I didn't want the taste. I did have to adjust my life a little, don't have my morning coffee at the same time (this was a trigger for me). Good luck with all of your goals!

5HTP? never heard of it, please let me know more about it. You can friend request me if you want for I am not sure about discussing it in the group either. I take Wellbutrin to help me with quitting and it worked for a bit, but not any longer. I tried Chantix and took myself off of it because I lacked the enthusiasm to even get out of bed, I believe it was throwing me into a depressed state.

I could really kick myself in the bootie for this. I felt so much better when I was on the verge of quitting. I need to put reminders around the house I guess on why I don't want that cancer stick in my mouth. I know it is mind over matter situation, I am just frustrated at myself for giving up, giving IT up. But a new week is approaching so, I will be at it again.

I stopped for 21 years and then started again due to stress. Started and stopped for about 5 years but finally stopped. I was the same with champix but finally did it myself. You have to be in the right heads space. I have been stopped now for 18 months. You will get there.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 13
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9013
    Exercise 45 min walking video

• GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Weekend Challenge: Saturday

1. Sit at the table whenever you eat: ✔️
    2. Make a list each day: ✔️ what I am grateful for
    3. One song workout: ✔️
    4. Set a water goal : 128 oz a day ✔️
    5. Track everything I eat! ✔️

• littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nov 14th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Walks this week- 2 (goal of 3)

Steps- 8238
    Weekend Challenge - Saturday

1. Sit at the table whenever you eat: ✅
    2. Make a list each day: ✅
    3. One song workout: ✅
    4. Set a water goal : 2L ✅
    5. Track everything I eat! ✅

Points for Friday 5/5

Oh boy I nearly failed at the first challenge on the list. Sat on my recliner to eat my breakfast, took a bite and was like "daaaaaamn" and got up to sit at the table haha

Went for a nice walk with my friend. I could've gone further but we settled on 2 miles. My plan is to get to bed early enough tonight, and get up early enough to go for a walk in the morning. I find that sets me off right. I've never done it on a work day, but I am reminding myself that it doesn't have to be far- 2 miles is good- doesn't have to be double that!

Did the dance exercise- tried too hard to do jumping jacks and hurt my ankle a bit (know your limitations, Tanya lol)

Also, this weekend seems to be the time that most women dread every month -_-. Usually that comes with bloating, so I am going to stick to my food plan, exercise as much as I can (cramps get me reaaaaaaaaaal bad) and if the scale isn't nice on Tuesday, I will make up for it the following week for SURE.

Today's list- gratitude

* Fresh laundry
    * Home-cooked meals
    * Netflix
    * Coupons for money off new clothes
    * Fresh fruit
    * Cool evenings
    * The sound of the leaves rustling on the trees (what's left of them anyway haha)
    * Colouring books
    * 3 day working weeks
    * Full fridge
    * Cool recipes to try
    * Comfy bed
    * The ability to look at my accomplishments and be proud of myself, especially for the small "wins"
    * Funky music to dance or walk to

• littleflutterby
    edited November 2020
    Options

I don’t if you can do this but planning my meals a week in advance helps. I have the list tacked to the fridge. Covid has made us change our live so much. Have a lovely walk!

I think that's a long-term thing for me to do, for sure! It's a little harder, since I have to consider my wife too, and she has a weird diet (right now it's just french toast and ice cream for the most part) She is getting better, like wanting to eat something decent when she gets up, but trying to get her to try something different is so hard! She's 63 going on 6 haha.

I did some batch-cooking when covid first hit, some soups and stews and things. I definitely need to make another soup!

Next couple of meals will be thai red curry (I make it with philly light cream cheese instead of coconut milk or whatever, it's really good!) and bacon and butternut squash risotto (a recipe that i learned when I did Slimming World, when I was back in the UK) and I can make a big pan and freeze it!

My food is planned for tomorrow already, I'm going to input it before bed and then remind myself to stick to it!
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »

Love your gratitude list. I will definitely do one today! I'm sure you will be in the 330's soon. It's just a matter of time and you are closing in on it! Great job!

Thanks hun, you too!
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Hi. Today we went for a walk to the mountains and we realized how much is taking our weight from us. We did only 9 kilometers and we are quite tired.
    Sometimes I get really frustrated from this kind of things. But we are doing our best.

I keep telling myself- some is better than none! I can't wait til I can walk 9km in one go! I was telling a friend of mine today, because she was asking why I needed to take a break after 2 miles- I have to accept my limitations. There is a fine line between that and giving up. But I know my body. And I also know that I weigh literally 2 of me (well, not now since I've lost some but ya catch my drift lol)

9KM is bloody awesome, missy, and I am proud of you!
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone ....I hope everyone is doing good .... I have decided to take the entire weekend off from exercising .... Something strange happen to me on my walk yesterday that I have never experienced before and it got me worried ... I wear thick socks and wear my sketcher shoes .. During my walk my toes went numb and my feet felt like a 1000 pins were poking me .... I came home and my feet were throbbing pretty much all night .... I see my Doctor this Wednesday to have a skin tag removed off my back I will ask him then about my feet .....I will also know my bone density test results also ....I am praying that I do not have to stop my walks ...

Aww jeeze Im sorry love! Sending you lots of healing juju and hugs! Wishing you a speedy recovery from whatever it is!!
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    November 14, 2020

@lindamtuck2018

You had that I didn't post my weight... I did. Also, you may have my screen name incorrect.
    It's Scorpiogirl70 I think you have Scorpiogirl714

Refresher:
    Scorpiogirl70
    checkin 11/13
    weigh in day is Friday
    Past weight: 211
    Present 212

That being said... I just checked my weight before my shower this evening and it states now 209. Not sure what happened in the last 24 hours... but heck I will take that. I wonder if my calories is correct or not. It seems like if I go over in my calories I loose.

Steps 1649
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo

PW 216.9
    CW 211.6
    LOss to date 38

Started working out again but food is out of control, I’ll be focusing on that more this week!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Weekend Challenge: Saturday Nov 14

1. Sit at the table whenever you eat. This prevents mindless eating!
    My goal: Breakfast Lunch and Dinner

2. Make a list each day and tell us each day what your list was about.
    Todays list : My top 5 workout playlists.

1. Zumba Radio.
    2. Die Antwoord Radio
    3. Fearless Motivation Radio
    4. Hard rock essentials Radio
    5. 2010’s dance party essentials Radio

3. One song workout
    My goal: Music during my walks minimum 30 min. Zumba radio used rhythm for pace.

4. Set a water goal and meet it.
    My goal: Minimum 2L

5. Track! Track! Track! The good, the bad and the ugly!
    My goal: track it all!

5 POINTS

Check-in: Saturday Nov 14

• 30 active minutes - 103 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2.5 ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 15,161 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Sunday Team!

I’m up early again this morning. I went out for a long walk with my doggo Jaxon after having had a delish filling breakfast. I’m currently baking a couple of cakes for the kids.

Today plan is to relax! Other than finishing up some laundry and baking a couple of cakes I’m planning on lounging around and maybe catch up on some shows or my book.

Wishing you all a blessed Sunday team!

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    My doctors appointment was moved from the end of November to Wednesday do discuss the results of the tests. No more dr. Google for me.

I walked to meet my Granddaughter yesterday. My leg again wasn’t too bad until later in the day. My hip did hurt but I now know that’s a separate issue. I am sad that the Tim Hortons near us is closing for renovations for 2 weeks. This is where we go for lunch at least once a week. When I was walking regularly I would often go and get a tea. I enjoy our lunches because it gives us time to connect without anyone else around.

My husband has a dental appointment this morning so we will be grocery shopping a little later today. I like going real early because there is less people to deal with.

I’m glad you have been able to get an appointment sooner than you had. Sorry your Tim’s is shut but it’s only a couple of weeks. You’ll be back there for your lunches before you know it. Well done with your walk 💪🏻
    draby2011 wrote: »
    I have not yet replaced my Fitbit as I think instead of getting the same one I had (used) I am going to upgrade. I think my mom and the kids' dad is working on that for Christmas so I don't want to jump the gun. However, if they don't end up doing it for Christmas, I will get one myself the next day lol. So I am still using my phone app. (Again, not sure how accurate it is and it only works when it is on me and I don't take my phone in with me when we have possible COVID cases.)

I do hope they buy you one for Christmas. I wouldn’t have been able to wait. I can’t go anywhere without mine. I feel naked without it.
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Hi. Today we went for a walk to the mountains and we realized how much is taking our weight from us. We did only 9 kilometers and we are quite tired.
    Sometimes I get really frustrated from this kind of things. But we are doing our best.

9 KM is huge! You are doing so good Ziortza. The more you get yourself out of your comfort zone the better the results will be. Keep pushing 💪🏻
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Kids were in school yesterday so I went to see my parents and ran errands all day to stay out of the house. It was raining but I get so stir crazy being home all the time. I didn’t work out or walk. I will make up for it today. I stopped tracking by dinner time which happens when I don’t plan and cook dinner and just throw something together last minute. I am just sick of planning and cooking meals with everyone always home. I did wait until I got closer to home to eat a very late lunch instead of making a poor choice at the mall so hard to find healthy options sometimes.

I can understand how frustrating it is to plan meals ahead especially when everyone is home. It’s so much easier when we only have to worry about ourselves. I’m always looking for healthy meals to make that are ok for me but I also have to think of my husband and kids and make sure they also like what I make. They are each picky in their own way and it can make meal times very difficult.
    Good Morning Everyone ....I hope everyone is doing good .... I have decided to take the entire weekend off from exercising .... Something strange happen to me on my walk yesterday that I have never experienced before and it got me worried ... I wear thick socks and wear my sketcher shoes .. During my walk my toes went numb and my feet felt like a 1000 pins were poking me .... I came home and my feet were throbbing pretty much all night .... I see my Doctor this Wednesday to have a skin tag removed off my back I will ask him then about my feet .....I will also know my bone density test results also ....I am praying that I do not have to stop my walks ...

Good idea giving you some time to rest and recover. It’s strange what you are feeling and I hope that it’s better today. I do hope the doctors can figure out what is causing your issues and hst it can be easily treated. ❤️
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 207.2
    CW 205.6
    Loss with MFP since 4/17/20 64.4lbs
    LTD 117.4 lbs

Yes! Nice loss for the week!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Oh boy I nearly failed at the first challenge on the list. Sat on my recliner to eat my breakfast, took a bite and was like "daaaaaamn" and got up to sit at the table haha

Went for a nice walk with my friend. I could've gone further but we settled on 2 miles. My plan is to get to bed early enough tonight, and get up early enough to go for a walk in the morning. I find that sets me off right. I've never done it on a work day, but I am reminding myself that it doesn't have to be far- 2 miles is good- doesn't have to be double that!

Did the dance exercise- tried too hard to do jumping jacks and hurt my ankle a bit (know your limitations, Tanya lol)

Also, this weekend seems to be the time that most women dread every month -_-. Usually that comes with bloating, so I am going to stick to my food plan, exercise as much as I can (cramps get me reaaaaaaaaaal bad) and if the scale isn't nice on Tuesday, I will make up for it the following week for SURE.

I’m glad you stopped yourself in your tracks and remembered to sit at the table! It’s so easy to forget and continue on those bad habits. Awesome job with your walk and your dance workout but sorry to hear you had a little ankle mishap. I guess you were just having too much fun 🤗 Don’t focus on the scale this week as it’s TOM just lee doing your thing every day.

That being said... I just checked my weight before my shower this evening and it states now 209. Not sure what happened in the last 24 hours... but heck I will take that. I wonder if my calories is correct or not. It seems like if I go over in my calories I loose.

Our weight fluctuations can be so weird sometimes! I’ll never understand it. I always try to figure out what I did to make it go up or down and what not but it’s never really what I think. I can randomly gain 5 Lbs and then lose them again whithin the day. All I know is that sodium and how much water I drink does change it up more often than not.
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Piqueaboo

PW 216.9
    CW 211.6
    LOss to date 38

Started working out again but food is out of control, I’ll be focusing on that more this week!

Small changes! You’ve got the workouts going, now slowly start adding other changes. Don’t try to get it all perfect just make a small change at a time until it’s your healthy habits are back to normal. Well done this week💪🏻

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for November 14
    Track - yes
    exercise - yes ( 60 minutes walk )
    steps - 6249

Challenge
    1. sit at table - yes
    2. make a list - yes
    3. water goal - no
    4. song workout - no
    5. track everything - yes
    3/5

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Hi Linda. I stopped eating grains because I think I might be allergic to wheat. Also, wheat products are very triggering for me, for example, bread. I'm not sure why I decided to then eliminate all grains? I think I am an extreme person... All black or while... which isn't great.
    I probably should consider other grains like rice or quinoa. I don't think they are triggering or unhealthy.

Sorry about the Tim's closing down for a while near you. I have a Tim's around the corner! I often go there for a coffee (and I love the lemon drink in summer) or to Starbucks which is in the other direction...hope you can find another spot for a coffee!

I'm just dropping by to check up on the tallies for the week and I noticed your message about eating grains. I'm with you! I keep grains to a minimum and it makes a huge difference. I eat plenty of carbs (from veggies) but the fewer grains I eat the better things go. I'm not sure why - they tend to increase my heart rate, even whole grains and things like oatmeal. I still have millet or brown rice once in a while, and quinoa is not actually a grain so it does OK too. I can't say I keep away from them 100%, but I really notice a difference. More legumes (lentils and other beans) helps if you need something substantial. Good discovery!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 207.2
    CW 205.6
    Loss with MFP since 4/17/20 64.4lbs
    LTD 117.4 lbs

Awesome loss! Almost 120 pounds lost. Following you on your weight loss journey is so inspiring. What is your key or keys to success? I know I have asked this before but it would be nice to share it with the new challengers.

azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 11/13

Steps (goal=8.5K): ✅
    Water (goal= 80oz):✅
    Carb goal= 145g:❌ over
    Fat goal= 40g:❌
    Protein= 105g:✅
    Fiber= 28g:❌
    Exercise:❌

Just a little over calories yesterday and scale is down today. The goal for my macros is to be +/- 5g. It seems like I,m struggling but my weekly averages are right on track. My weigh-in with the coach tracks the weekly averages instead of Sunday to Sunday. I haven decided if I like it that way or not yet. If weigh-in was today I am down 0.77 on weekly averages but it’s actually 2lbs lower than last weigh-in. But I ended last week up. If I look at my last week low, I’m more like 1lb lower. So the average is more accurate.

I can imagine it is such a balancing act to hit those macros. Do you preplan your day to stay within your macros? I am curious!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Nov 14th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Walks this week- 2 (goal of 3)

Steps- 8238
    Weekend Challenge - Saturday

1. Sit at the table whenever you eat: ✅
    2. Make a list each day: ✅
    3. One song workout: ✅
    4. Set a water goal : 2L ✅
    5. Track everything I eat! ✅

Points for Friday 5/5

Today's list- gratitude

* Fresh laundry
    * Home-cooked meals
    * Netflix
    * Coupons for money off new clothes
    * Fresh fruit
    * Cool evenings
    * The sound of the leaves rustling on the trees (what's left of them anyway haha)
    * Colouring books
    * 3 day working weeks
    * Full fridge
    * Cool recipes to try
    * Comfy bed
    * The ability to look at my accomplishments and be proud of myself, especially for the small "wins"
    * Funky music to dance or walk to

I am going to post a modified jumping jack. I hope your ankle is ok. You know the reason if the scale is up so ignore it this week. I love your gratitude list!

November 14, 2020

@lindamtuck2018

You had that I didn't post my weight... I did. Also, you may have my screen name incorrect.
    It's Scorpiogirl70 I think you have Scorpiogirl714

Refresher:
    Scorpiogirl70
    checkin 11/13
    weigh in day is Friday
    Past weight: 211
    Present 212

Steps 1649

Sorry about that. I always use my previous post to post the daily weight reminders. I didn’t backspace your name off. As for the wrong username you blame that on fat fingers. 😝 Thanks for reposting. Do you weigh in the evenings everyday? Sometimes weight fluctuations can be hard to explain. Saturday my weight was down and I went way over my daily sodium limit the day before. Usually I am up 2 or 3 pounds the next day.
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Piqueaboo

PW 216.9
    CW 211.6
    LOss to date 38

Nice loss this week! You had a very big move so go easy on yourself. I agree with Mari, focus on small changes.
    Weekend Challenge: Saturday Nov 14

1. Sit at the table whenever you eat. This prevents mindless eating!
    My goal: Breakfast Lunch and Dinner

2. Make a list each day and tell us each day what your list was about.
    Todays list : My top 5 workout playlists.

1. Zumba Radio.
    2. Die Antwoord Radio
    3. Fearless Motivation Radio
    4. Hard rock essentials Radio
    5. 2010’s dance party essentials Radio

3. One song workout
    My goal: Music during my walks minimum 30 min. Zumba radio used rhythm for pace.

4. Set a water goal and meet it.
    My goal: Minimum 2L

5. Track! Track! Track! The good, the bad and the ugly!
    My goal: track it all!

5 POINTS

Check-in: Saturday Nov 14

• 30 active minutes - 103 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2.5 ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 15,161 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Sunday Team!

I’m up early again this morning. I went out for a long walk with my doggo Jaxon after having had a delish filling breakfast. I’m currently baking a couple of cakes for the kids.

Today plan is to relax! Other than finishing up some laundry and baking a couple of cakes I’m planning on lounging around and maybe catch up on some shows or my book.

Wishing you all a blessed Sunday team!

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.

I love the hard rock playlist. When you say radio is it an actual radio station or is it a service you use? Enjoy your relaxation day! Sunday’s are the best day for relaxing.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Modified Jumping Jack
    n9apy3ww60l7.gif
This discussion has been closed.