Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post November 14
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9010
    Exercise 45min walking video

I think I'm gonna do today as a rest day. The walking video I did yesterday went well but all the different moves made me aware of how sore my muscles really are from all these days in a row. I need a full recovery day or I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up the exercise for the coming week.

A little while back I posted I was setting a mini goal of getting below 200lbs by the end of the year. I don't usually set goals by certain dates but I'm just hoping it will help keep me accountable during the holidays. A holiday is one day, not a license for a 3 month free for all like I've treated it in the past. I know if I continue the way I have been, I can make it. The last time my weight started with a 1 I think I was 12.

That’s a great goal and totally achievable by year end. I would like to get to the 170s by year end. I agree that setting a goal will help increase the accountability through the holidays.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options

The list is based on % lost. The honourable mentions are taken from the top three in each group.

Thanks, was just curious :)

azkunk wrote: »

Look back over my yo-yo weight loss history, I have to go all the way back to Feb 2017 to see this low of a weight. NSV- I was going to the grocery store today and my hubby jokingly told me to go some jeans that fit. These jeans just came out of the dryer and they are falling off me! They were tight at one point this year where I was using a hack with a ponytail elastic to be able to “button” them.

This is awesome! Great job hun!

jugar wrote: »
    z6dh8lmdhhwa.jpg
    q1od30oau2my.png
    1kobksv8awdo.png
    ou25pzudiopu.png

TOP THREE TEAMS BY PERCENTAGE
    2xx9i2krgqep.png

TOP THREE TEAMS BY POUNDS LOST
    2ca31vlp45ci.png

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY PERCENTAGE
    1st @Sleepymom5 3.13%
    2nd @kmriedell 2.66%
    3rd @mari_moulin 2.39%

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY POUNDS LOST
    1st Sleepymom5 6.4
    2nd A FOUR-WAY Tie! @kmriedell @SisuMom2019 @travelingalone1 @Navallez all lost 5 pounds
    3rd @mari_moulin 4.6

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @vjsky @363days @krobinson9721
    @machchic @lovethyneighbor @Cornanda
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE @melaniedscott @davidji82

zr9aral3a5wu.png

Congrats guys! Great job this week!!
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Nov 15th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Walks this week- 2 (goal of 3)

Steps- (TBD, haven't finished yet ;) )
    Weekend Challenge - Sunday

1. Sit at the table whenever you eat: ✅
    2. Make a list each day: ✅
    3. One song workout: ✅
    4. Set a water goal : 2L ✅
    5. Track everything I eat! ✅

Points for Sunday 5/5

Gratitude list- Sunday

* A shorter shift at work today
    * Amazing phone conversation with a friend
    * Recovery meetings
    * Challenges so I actually get up and move
    * Starbucks filtered water
    * Mental clarity
    * Facebook games
    * Knitting
    * Colouring
    * Good night sleep
    * Waking up and it being nice and bright
    * Leftovers - didn't need to cook!
    * Being able to enjoy singing
    * Another full marks on a weekend challenge ^_^

So I haven't done my 3rd walk, and the weather is poopy. BUT IMMA DO IT ANYWAY. I'm just going to do laps around the parking lot for a km or 2. or just around the block. But I am determined.

This week coming I am going to work on my time-management. Tuesdays are usually good for a walk, wednesday I have to get 4 fillings done :( So maybe Thursday and Saturday.

So Imma go walk, and probably get blown away in the process haha
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    All good here. Will check in later tonight. Refrig/freez fixed, internet will be down hubs replacing modem/router. Lee
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

That being said... I just checked my weight before my shower this evening and it states now 209. Not sure what happened in the last 24 hours... but heck I will take that. I wonder if my calories is correct or not. It seems like if I go over in my calories I loose.

Our weight fluctuations can be so weird sometimes! I’ll never understand it. I always try to figure out what I did to make it go up or down and what not but it’s never really what I think. I can randomly gain 5 Lbs and then lose them again whithin the day. All I know is that sodium and how much water I drink does change it up more often than not.

@mari_moulin ... I do the same thing... always trying to figure out what I did different. The only thing I can think of is in addition to eating as normal I added some protein drink within my day along with mixing in some flax seed and chia seeds, which was what took me over my calories. I am going to continue with the protein drink and add some apple cider vinegar with water at least once a day, I'm going to try for 3 times a day, I have done it in the past and it really does make me feel better, but is rough on my teeth, even using a straw. I have the apple cider vinegar pills but they don't seem to have the same effect on me as the actual apple cider vinegar.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    Options
    Modified Jumping Jack
    n9apy3ww60l7.gif

yep that is what I need to do, these knees hate jumping jacks!
  • ScorpioGirl70
    Options
    November 14, 2020

@lindamtuck2018

You had that I didn't post my weight... I did. Also, you may have my screen name incorrect.
    It's Scorpiogirl70 I think you have Scorpiogirl714

Refresher:
    Scorpiogirl70
    checkin 11/13
    weigh in day is Friday
    Past weight: 211
    Present 212

That being said... I just checked my weight before my shower this evening and it states now 209. Not sure what happened in the last 24 hours... but heck I will take that. I wonder if my calories is correct or not. It seems like if I go over in my calories I loose.

Steps 1649

Sorry about that. I always use my previous post to post the daily weight reminders. I didn’t backspace your name off. As for the wrong username you blame that on fat fingers. 😝 Thanks for reposting. Do you weigh in the evenings everyday? Sometimes weight fluctuations can be hard to explain. Saturday my weight was down and I went way over my daily sodium limit the day before. Usually I am up 2 or 3 pounds the next day.

@lindamtuck2018
    I weigh myself all throughout the day, my official weigh in time is mornings though.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    checkin day 11/15/2020
    weigh in day is Friday

Steps for today 3114
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    11/10 - 6,400 steps
    11/14 - 12,387 steps
    11/14 - 11,403 steps

Weight on Saturday 194
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Nov 15th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Walks this week- 2 (goal of 3)

Steps- (TBD, haven't finished yet ;) )
    Weekend Challenge - Sunday

1. Sit at the table whenever you eat: ✅
    2. Make a list each day: ✅
    3. One song workout: ✅
    4. Set a water goal : 2L ✅
    5. Track everything I eat! ✅

Points for Sunday 5/5

Gratitude list- Sunday

* A shorter shift at work today
    * Amazing phone conversation with a friend
    * Recovery meetings
    * Challenges so I actually get up and move
    * Starbucks filtered water
    * Mental clarity
    * Facebook games
    * Knitting
    * Colouring
    * Good night sleep
    * Waking up and it being nice and bright
    * Leftovers - didn't need to cook!
    * Being able to enjoy singing
    * Another full marks on a weekend challenge ^_^

So I haven't done my 3rd walk, and the weather is poopy. BUT IMMA DO IT ANYWAY. I'm just going to do laps around the parking lot for a km or 2. or just around the block. But I am determined.

This week coming I am going to work on my time-management. Tuesdays are usually good for a walk, wednesday I have to get 4 fillings done :( So maybe Thursday and Saturday.

So Imma go walk, and probably get blown away in the process haha

LETS UPDATE THIS BAD BOY!

Walks this week- 3 (goal of 3) ✅✅✅

Steps- 9049 B)

Ok so, I was totally going to walk outside, but as I checked out the status of the wind, I nearly blew away!! So I decided to walk through the corridors and up the stairs , walking along the length of the building at each floor then up the other side) then back down again. Theeeeeeen, my wife wanted a choccie bar, so I walked to the gas station and got her one, and took a longer detour home. Then I did the dance workout (I marked it as done because I knew it was getting done lol)

So added an extra 3k++ steps to my count for the day. Definitely something that I can do when winter comes, just walking inside the building. The only downside is I have to wear my mask, or at least have it on my ear to whip on if someone comes nearby.

• littleflutterby
    Options
    November 14, 2020

@lindamtuck2018

You had that I didn't post my weight... I did. Also, you may have my screen name incorrect.
    It's Scorpiogirl70 I think you have Scorpiogirl714

Refresher:
    Scorpiogirl70
    checkin 11/13
    weigh in day is Friday
    Past weight: 211
    Present 212

Steps 1649

Sorry about that. I always use my previous post to post the daily weight reminders. I didn’t backspace your name off. As for the wrong username you blame that on fat fingers. 😝 Thanks for reposting. Do you weigh in the evenings everyday? Sometimes weight fluctuations can be hard to explain. Saturday my weight was down and I went way over my daily sodium limit the day before. Usually I am up 2 or 3 pounds the next day.

@lindamtuck2018
    I weigh myself all throughout the day, my official weigh in time is mornings though.

Sodium is killer for me. it makes me retain water like crazy. I swear, since I cut out fast food completely, I have lost over 20lb in the last month ALONE. I am sure that's mostly water because my weight loss as slowed some.

I am super sensitive to salt, I get leg cramps and everything. So the only thing I put salt on is my eggs in the morning, and it's only a teeny pinch. And I like soy sauce on certain things. But I gotta be extra careful with that.

There's also a lot to be said for "eating more to lose more" But it is tricky business.

When I did Slimming World in 2011, for about 3 weeks I wasnt losing. Maybe the odd 1/2lb but I had my first ever gain after about 5 months and it drove me crazy. I tracked my food and showed it to my consultant (Like a WW leader) and she looked at it for maybe 5 seconds? and she said "you're not eating enough. Eat more"

I was in a restriction phase so it was hard, but I ate more. From like 900 cal to probably 1500, not changing any exercise or anything, and I lost about 5lb that next week. it's crazy how it works
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Modified Jumping Jack
    n9apy3ww60l7.gif

yep that is what I need to do, these knees hate jumping jacks!

I tried it tonight- definitely recommend!
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Here for Monday check in. Anyone else feeling like you blink and before you know it it's another new week and the days just blur and blend into one? Feeling that a lot lately. I managed to get in some walking on Friday but apart from that, not much else.

With me dancing around with same few pounds, there has been a little voice this week thinking, why not just start afresh in January as we are close to the end of year. But no, I am a fighter and I know I have the opportunity to lose more weight before the end of year. I would be more annoyed with myself in comparison to trying to lose another few and losing some but maybe not quite meeting my goal.

Within this week I need to get back into meal planning and choosing healthier snacks. With being in the house all day, it's more difficult to resist the temptation of household foods. I know deep down I have the capability to get back to the mindset I was in. Anyone else finding when Friday and Saturday comes around, there's extra temptation to have takeaway as like a end of week social family thing? We didn't have it for months with places being closed but with things opening up in the last few months (i.e drive thrus, collections only), it's possible again and a habit that I need to get a hold of as despite it tasting nice in the moment, there's the cost and eventual weight gain implications from it.

I have a 2.5 hour exam coming up next week so trying not to get too stressed out about it.

As I read what I've wrote, whilst things seem dull and down, I can feel a inner fighting voice still there which is important rather than giving up totally. I'm excited to see where the weight loss will be this time next year, an exciting prospect indeed!

CW: 251
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    . Theeeeeeen, my wife wanted a choccie bar, so I walked to the gas station and got her one, and took a longer detour home.
    I sometimes go walking to the "city centre" to buy a cola from the vending machine for my girlfriend and add around 5.000 steps in the meantime XD
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi big family!

I hit my 5 points Sunday too.

-1 point -> for sitting while eating. ✅
    -1 point-> for making a list. I made a list of things that can improve my life if I lose weight. ✅
    -1 point-> for my song workout. I danced freely in front of the TV with music. ✅
    -1 point-> for my 2 L water. ✅
    -1 point->for tracking everything. ✅

Now, I must say that as soon as the weekend challenge was gone aka this morning, I found myself eating the fruit while cleaning Meeeeeec!
    Yesterday my girlfriend bought herself a FitBit and it has soooo many things. I must admit I was a bit jealous. She was telling me how good it would be for me with all those challenges. And they give you badges. I'm really bad to those things. I love to see that I get a star or a heads up or something for my effort. I guess I never received that when I was a kid for doing something good and I sort of needed now :D
    My legs are quite in pain, mostly my right leg, but I really wanna continue pushing.

Today I am in 133,5 kg = 294.3 lbs A bit better than last week.
    My steps from yesterday 9.299 steps
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for November 15th
    Track - yes (under)
    Exercise- yes
    Steps - 9911 ( got fitbit - yay!)

DIdn't do super great on the challenge. But here it is.
    1. Sit at table - yes
    2. track yes -yes
    3. list - yes
    4. water - so -so (I guess a no/ but made more of an effort)
    5. song workout - no ( I don't think I work out except walking - LOL)
    3/5

I'm very lucky that I have a friend nearby to walk with and she is patient with me. Sometimes I run out of breath, especially going uphill, and she waits patiently for me. I took a walk in the morning and the winds were howling in the afternoon!

Hope you all have a good Monday and a great week!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    Thanks for your reply about the grains. I don't honestly miss them very much, so I think it's probably okay that I don't eat them much anymore. Sometimes they might be soup I eat or something like that, but not really otherwise. I think you are right that you can get your carbs from other things that are probably better for you like veggies and legumes.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Weekend Challenge: Sunday Nov 15

1. Sit at the table whenever you eat. This prevents mindless eating!
    My goal: Breakfast Lunch and Dinner

2. Make a list each day and tell us each day what your list was about.
    Todays list : Items ALWAYS on my shopping list.

1. Avocados
    2. Eggs
    3. Broccoli
    4. Zucchini
    5. English muffins
    6. Sliced cheese
    7. Almond milk
    8. Oatmeal
    9. Clementines
    10. Bananas

3. One song workout
    My goal: Music during my walks minimum 30 min. Zumba radio used rhythm for pace.

4. Set a water goal and meet it.
    My goal: Minimum 2L

5. Track! Track! Track! The good, the bad and the ugly!
    My goal: track it all!

5 POINTS

Check-in: Sunday Nov 15

• 30 active minutes - 48 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2.5 ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 11,396 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Monday Team!

It’s a new week! A new chance to get it right.

For the past couple of days I’ve been feeling absolutely famished at every mealtime. I’m about to start my period and this always gets me in some kinda mood, looking for food everywhere and just having all kinds of cravings. I almost feel like I’m low on sugar.

Anyway i hope I can manage to stay in control until it passes. Today I’m not doing much as I’m feeling weak and tired and not very motivated to do anything. I’ve run all my errands this morning so I’m ready to just lay on the sofa under a blanket and just sleep.

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
This discussion has been closed.