Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    I have added a new goal for next week. I am aiming to walk at least 3 times. Pretty simple but it is a start. I am totally relaxing today. I have a few shows on my pvr that I want to catch up on. I am making a jiggs dinner today which in a Newfoundland dish. Sodium will show up on the scale tomorrow but it is ok as I know why.

Have an amazing day!

It’s great that you are setting yourself new goals. I’m sure you will be able to do the 3 walks without issues. How was your dinner?
    Gooood Morning uhhhhhmazing Downsizers :) I have stayed off my feet for the most part this weekend ... I am soooo antsy it is unreal.... but my feet are not numb/and I don't feel like I have 1000 pins poking me.. I will be bringing it up to my Dr. on Wednesday and see what he says about it .... I have my eye on a pair of Dr. Scholl's walking shoes at DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse) for around 50.00 ....my sketchers are not cutting it for me .

I’m so happy that strange feeling is gone now. I think it was a good idea for you to rest those feet!
    rlaskey2 wrote: »

I doubled up my workouts since I missed Friday. I have a group of friends who also do beachbody programs so we all check in via text to try to hold each other accountable. Food was tracked until we went out to dinner. I had a salad and half of a quesadilla So reasonably good.

Oh that’s so cool. Nothing like having a group of friends that are on the same journey and keeping each other accountable. So lucky! Wel done staying in control of your food even while eating out!
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    I'm ok with a slight gain this week. I'm putting it down to a KFC we had for tea last night 🤫
    Been a hectic week work wise but hopefully I've caught up on everything now.
    Hoping to improve on everything this week and tracking all that goes into my mouth. Lol

KFC ALWAYS puts me up at least 2 Lbs for the next few after eating it. It’s the fried and salty chicken that does it. I love it so much tho 🤣.
    azkunk wrote: »

Look back over my yo-yo weight loss history, I have to go all the way back to Feb 2017 to see this low of a weight. NSV- I was going to the grocery store today and my hubby jokingly told me to go some jeans that fit. These jeans just came out of the dryer and they are falling off me! They were tight at one point this year where I was using a hack with a ponytail elastic to be able to “button” them.

Nice loss for the week! Best NSV ever.
    Tazaria87 wrote: »

I think I'm gonna do today as a rest day. The walking video I did yesterday went well but all the different moves made me aware of how sore my muscles really are from all these days in a row. I need a full recovery day or I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up the exercise for the coming week.

A little while back I posted I was setting a mini goal of getting below 200lbs by the end of the year. I don't usually set goals by certain dates but I'm just hoping it will help keep me accountable during the holidays. A holiday is one day, not a license for a 3 month free for all like I've treated it in the past. I know if I continue the way I have been, I can make it. The last time my weight started with a 1 I think I was 12.

Recovery days are as important as workout days! It’s important to give your muscles time to heal and prepare for the next workout week. I totally believe in you. I know you will make your end of year goal! ONEderland here she comes!!!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    So I haven't done my 3rd walk, and the weather is poopy. BUT IMMA DO IT ANYWAY. I'm just going to do laps around the parking lot for a km or 2. or just around the block. But I am determined.

This week coming I am going to work on my time-management. Tuesdays are usually good for a walk, wednesday I have to get 4 fillings done :( So maybe Thursday and Saturday.

So Imma go walk, and probably get blown away in the process haha

Ugh I hate when the weather doesn’t cooperate. But good for your or doing your thing anyway and getting your walks done.
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    All good here. Will check in later tonight. Refrig/freez fixed, internet will be down hubs replacing modem/router. Lee

Thanks for checking in ❤️
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Morning all,

Here for Monday check in. Anyone else feeling like you blink and before you know it it's another new week and the days just blur and blend into one? Feeling that a lot lately. I managed to get in some walking on Friday but apart from that, not much else.

With me dancing around with same few pounds, there has been a little voice this week thinking, why not just start afresh in January as we are close to the end of year. But no, I am a fighter and I know I have the opportunity to lose more weight before the end of year. I would be more annoyed with myself in comparison to trying to lose another few and losing some but maybe not quite meeting my goal.

Within this week I need to get back into meal planning and choosing healthier snacks. With being in the house all day, it's more difficult to resist the temptation of household foods. I know deep down I have the capability to get back to the mindset I was in. Anyone else finding when Friday and Saturday comes around, there's extra temptation to have takeaway as like a end of week social family thing? We didn't have it for months with places being closed but with things opening up in the last few months (i.e drive thrus, collections only), it's possible again and a habit that I need to get a hold of as despite it tasting nice in the moment, there's the cost and eventual weight gain implications from it.

I have a 2.5 hour exam coming up next week so trying not to get too stressed out about it.

As I read what I've wrote, whilst things seem dull and down, I can feel a inner fighting voice still there which is important rather than giving up totally. I'm excited to see where the weight loss will be this time next year, an exciting prospect indeed!

CW: 251

The weeks really do fly by. I I sweat and you on the weekend struggle. I am the same here. I tend to use the excuse of saying it’s the weekend I deserve mg days off from cooking and cleaning but this only leads to some very bad eating.
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Now, I must say that as soon as the weekend challenge was gone aka this morning, I found myself eating the fruit while cleaning Meeeeeec!
    Yesterday my girlfriend bought herself a FitBit and it has soooo many things. I must admit I was a bit jealous. She was telling me how good it would be for me with all those challenges. And they give you badges. I'm really bad to those things. I love to see that I get a star or a heads up or something for my effort. I guess I never received that when I was a kid for doing something good and I sort of needed now :D
    My legs are quite in pain, mostly my right leg, but I really wanna continue pushing.

Today I am in 133,5 kg = 294.3 lbs A bit better than last week.
    My steps from yesterday 9.299 steps

I would highly recommend you the Fitbit! Members on it can also have step challenges with each other using the app and it’s so much fun and motivating to keep you moving.
    lelbarou wrote: »
    I'm very lucky that I have a friend nearby to walk with and she is patient with me. Sometimes I run out of breath, especially going uphill, and she waits patiently for me. I took a walk in the morning and the winds were howling in the afternoon!

Hope you all have a good Monday and a great week!

So happy for you that you have a friend to walk with. Wishing you a wonderful Monday ❤️

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Modified Jumping Jack
    n9apy3ww60l7.gif

Ah this is perfect thankyou!imma try to tonight

A walk was a bust this morning the weather is so gross

Hmm while I have you here I have a qu about the winners results and how it works... they do an honourable mention list which is great... but how does it work? Weight lost? %lost? So many people per group?

Only cus I saw there are 2 peeps in other groups that lost less than me in lb and % and they got mentioned but I didnt.

I mean it's cool ( I'm so sensitive haha) I was just curious how it worked is all :)

If it hasn’t changed since the time I was doing the tallies, the honorable mentions are the top 4th - 10th places in percentage lost. @jugar should be able to figure this out if you have been left out the honorable mentions accidentally. There are so many challengers that it’s easy for one to be missed.

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked No
    Under calories No
    Steps 13,964 tracked
    exercise walk

Yesterday I grocery shopped and made my breakfast and lunch for the week and some hard boiled eggs for snacks. I tracked the calories for today as well. I have plans for dinners just not sure what I will make each day. My kids have activities mom-wed starting this week so planning will be helpful. I only walked yesterday I was sore from my double workout the day before. My weight was up quiet a bit over the weekend but thankfully already starting to come down.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    After my surprise belated birthday gift from my husband I am no way behind on my weight loss and my steps. The time away from things was needed but now I have to repair the damage done because of my stress eating. You guys are rock stars.
    CW:171.2
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Modified Jumping Jack
    n9apy3ww60l7.gif

Ah this is perfect thankyou!imma try to tonight

A walk was a bust this morning the weather is so gross

Hmm while I have you here I have a qu about the winners results and how it works... they do an honourable mention list which is great... but how does it work? Weight lost? %lost? So many people per group?

Only cus I saw there are 2 peeps in other groups that lost less than me in lb and % and they got mentioned but I didnt.

I mean it's cool ( I'm so sensitive haha) I was just curious how it worked is all :)

If it hasn’t changed since the time I was doing the tallies, the honorable mentions are the top 4th - 10th places in percentage lost. @jugar should be able to figure this out if you have been left out the honorable mentions accidentally. There are so many challengers that it’s easy for one to be missed.

Nah it's ok, it was explained to me :) it is 4th-12th places, but of the people in the top 3 of each team. And I was 4th in our team. So that makes sense :)

You're right there are so many people doing this, all the behind the scenes work must be incredible! Grateful for everyone and their hard work :)
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    Hi big family!

I hit my 5 points Sunday too.

-1 point -> for sitting while eating. ✅
    -1 point-> for making a list. I made a list of things that can improve my life if I lose weight. ✅
    -1 point-> for my song workout. I danced freely in front of the TV with music. ✅
    -1 point-> for my 2 L water. ✅
    -1 point->for tracking everything. ✅

Now, I must say that as soon as the weekend challenge was gone aka this morning, I found myself eating the fruit while cleaning Meeeeeec!
    Yesterday my girlfriend bought herself a FitBit and it has soooo many things. I must admit I was a bit jealous. She was telling me how good it would be for me with all those challenges. And they give you badges. I'm really bad to those things. I love to see that I get a star or a heads up or something for my effort. I guess I never received that when I was a kid for doing something good and I sort of needed now :D
    My legs are quite in pain, mostly my right leg, but I really wanna continue pushing.

I am obsessed with my Fitbit. We have had them for 5 years. I also like the sleep feature. I get so mad if I doing anything when it is dead and it doesn’t track, it is like it never happened. Only downfall I will say is they are made poorly, We are both on our 3rd one paid and maybe one replacement they sent us too. I think they want you to just have to buy a new one every couple of years 😩

• rlaskey2
    Options
    Hi big family!

-1 point-> for making a list. I made a list of things that can improve my life if I lose weight. ✅
    -1 point-> for my song workout. I danced freely in front of the TV with music. ✅

I am obsessed with my Fitbit. We have had them for 5 years. I also like the sleep feature. I get so mad if I doing anything when it is dead and it doesn’t track, it is like it never happened. Only downfall I will say is they are made poorly, We are both on our 3rd one paid and maybe one replacement they sent us too. I think they want you to just have to buy a new one every couple of years 😩

• GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Sunday, Nov. 15
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️ (Rest Day)
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking❌ (over)
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    SUN. 11/15: 1,194 (rest day and forgot to wear my watch)

Had a real battle with depression over the weekend and binged a lot. :(
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 207.2
    CW 205.6
    Loss with MFP since 4/17/20 64.4lbs
    LTD 117.4 lbs

Awesome loss! Almost 120 pounds lost. Following you on your weight loss journey is so inspiring. What is your key or keys to success? I know I have asked this before but it would be nice to share it with the new challengers.

It's a hard question to answer haha. I wish I had some magical solution to share with everyone that would help. I think I finally found a formula that works for me after all the failed attempts at getting the weight off. I actually read something on a blog this morning that resonated with me. "A big part of weight loss is getting out of your own way". Find a plan you like and stick to it- self-sabotage is a killer.

Specifically I do intermittent fasting which I've had a lot of success with because it helps me not to overeat. I don't start eating until 1pm so I only eat 2 meals a day which means they are bigger and I feel more satisfied. I also usually have enough calories for some kind of night time snack which I discovered I really enjoy.

I found the paleo diet quite a few years ago and really like it. Bread and sweets are huge triggers for me to binge so it's better for me if I just stay away.

I drink a gallon of water a day. Coffee in the morning helps stave off hunger until my eating period starts. I use spearmint gum to hold off cravings. I make a lot of my own snacks that fit in my diet so they are readily available in the pantry. I like to make bigger batches of dinner meals to have leftovers for easy lunches as I don't always have time to cook for lunch. Their might be more but I can't think of any more right now haha
    Daily Post November 14
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9010
    Exercise 45min walking video

I think I'm gonna do today as a rest day. The walking video I did yesterday went well but all the different moves made me aware of how sore my muscles really are from all these days in a row. I need a full recovery day or I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up the exercise for the coming week.

A little while back I posted I was setting a mini goal of getting below 200lbs by the end of the year. I don't usually set goals by certain dates but I'm just hoping it will help keep me accountable during the holidays. A holiday is one day, not a license for a 3 month free for all like I've treated it in the past. I know if I continue the way I have been, I can make it. The last time my weight started with a 1 I think I was 12.

Thank you for answering my question! That will be a milestone for a big celebration. With your determination I know you will reach your goal.

dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.
    PW.....216.4
    CW.....217.4 plus 1
    STEPS....34,659
    Lower than last week by 1107.
    I'm ok with a slight gain this week. I'm putting it down to a KFC we had for tea last night 🤫
    Been a hectic week work wise but hopefully I've caught up on everything now.
    Hoping to improve on everything this week and tracking all that goes into my mouth. Lol

KFC always causes me to gain water weight.
    azkunk wrote: »
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 185.6
    CW: 183.8
    LTD: 23.2

Look back over my yo-yo weight loss history, I have to go all the way back to Feb 2017 to see this low of a weight. NSV- I was going to the grocery store today and my hubby jokingly told me to go some jeans that fit. These jeans just came out of the dryer and they are falling off me! They were tight at one point this year where I was using a hack with a ponytail elastic to be able to “button” them.

Congrats on the loss and a nice NSV!
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    💦 Water ✔️
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS

Sending you big hugs hun. Depression is such an insidious thing. Please take good care of yourself. Maybe a self care day is in order?

Lately my depression has been kicking my *kitten* and I ended up getting back into colouring. I dont always have the energy/attention for it but I do a little bit at a time, watching something mind numbing on TV (usually cartoons, I'm such a kid lol)

I hope you feel better in the coming days xx
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Nov 15th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Walks this week- 2 (goal of 3)

Steps- (TBD, haven't finished yet ;) )
    Weekend Challenge - Sunday

1. Sit at the table whenever you eat: ✅
    2. Make a list each day: ✅
    3. One song workout: ✅
    4. Set a water goal : 2L ✅
    5. Track everything I eat! ✅

Points for Sunday 5/5

Gratitude list- Sunday

* A shorter shift at work today
    * Amazing phone conversation with a friend
    * Recovery meetings
    * Challenges so I actually get up and move
    * Starbucks filtered water
    * Mental clarity
    * Facebook games
    * Knitting
    * Colouring
    * Good night sleep
    * Waking up and it being nice and bright
    * Leftovers - didn't need to cook!
    * Being able to enjoy singing
    * Another full marks on a weekend challenge ^_^

So I haven't done my 3rd walk, and the weather is poopy. BUT IMMA DO IT ANYWAY. I'm just going to do laps around the parking lot for a km or 2. or just around the block. But I am determined.

This week coming I am going to work on my time-management. Tuesdays are usually good for a walk, wednesday I have to get 4 fillings done :( So maybe Thursday and Saturday.

So Imma go walk, and probably get blown away in the process haha

LETS UPDATE THIS BAD BOY!

Walks this week- 3 (goal of 3) ✅✅✅

Steps- 9049 B)

Ok so, I was totally going to walk outside, but as I checked out the status of the wind, I nearly blew away!! So I decided to walk through the corridors and up the stairs , walking along the length of the building at each floor then up the other side) then back down again. Theeeeeeen, my wife wanted a choccie bar, so I walked to the gas station and got her one, and took a longer detour home. Then I did the dance workout (I marked it as done because I knew it was getting done lol)

So added an extra 3k++ steps to my count for the day. Definitely something that I can do when winter comes, just walking inside the building. The only downside is I have to wear my mask, or at least have it on my ear to whip on if someone comes nearby.

I love your solution to walking during a storm. Was it still windy when you walked to the gas station? Great job on the weekend challenge and I really enjoyed reading your gratitude lists.

mszoueb wrote: »
    Morning all,

Here for Monday check in. Anyone else feeling like you blink and before you know it it's another new week and the days just blur and blend into one? Feeling that a lot lately. I managed to get in some walking on Friday but apart from that, not much else.

With me dancing around with same few pounds, there has been a little voice this week thinking, why not just start afresh in January as we are close to the end of year. But no, I am a fighter and I know I have the opportunity to lose more weight before the end of year. I would be more annoyed with myself in comparison to trying to lose another few and losing some but maybe not quite meeting my goal.

Within this week I need to get back into meal planning and choosing healthier snacks. With being in the house all day, it's more difficult to resist the temptation of household foods. I know deep down I have the capability to get back to the mindset I was in. Anyone else finding when Friday and Saturday comes around, there's extra temptation to have takeaway as like a end of week social family thing? We didn't have it for months with places being closed but with things opening up in the last few months (i.e drive thrus, collections only), it's possible again and a habit that I need to get a hold of as despite it tasting nice in the moment, there's the cost and eventual weight gain implications from it.

I have a 2.5 hour exam coming up next week so trying not to get too stressed out about it.

As I read what I've wrote, whilst things seem dull and down, I can feel a inner fighting voice still there which is important rather than giving up totally. I'm excited to see where the weight loss will be this time next year, an exciting prospect indeed!

CW: 251

To answer your question, I don’t find takeout as much of a problem as eating treats. When the grandkids are over we tend to eat more takeout. Let that fighting voice out! I love that you are always here every Monday and I look forward to to reading your updates.

Hi big family!

I love my Fitbit. I got my first back in 2015. I started with the charge 3 and eventually updated to the ionic. I broke the pins on the back of the ionic a few months ago and I got the charge 4.
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for November 15th
    Track - yes (under)
    Exercise- yes
    Steps - 9911 ( got fitbit - yay!)

DIdn't do super great on the challenge. But here it is.
    1. Sit at table - yes
    2. track yes -yes
    3. list - yes
    4. water - so -so (I guess a no/ but made more of an effort)
    5. song workout - no ( I don't think I work out except walking - LOL)
    3/5

I'm very lucky that I have a friend nearby to walk with and she is patient with me. Sometimes I run out of breath, especially going uphill, and she waits patiently for me. I took a walk in the morning and the winds were howling in the afternoon!

Hope you all have a good Monday and a great week!

Don’t be down on yourself about the challenge. You attempted it everyday and that makes you a winner. That wind was crazy yesterday!

Weekend Challenge: Sunday Nov 15

1. Sit at the table whenever you eat. This prevents mindless eating!
    My goal: Breakfast Lunch and Dinner

2. Make a list each day and tell us each day what your list was about.
    Todays list : Items ALWAYS on my shopping list.

1. Avocados
    2. Eggs
    3. Broccoli
    4. Zucchini
    5. English muffins
    6. Sliced cheese
    7. Almond milk
    8. Oatmeal
    9. Clementines
    10. Bananas

3. One song workout
    My goal: Music during my walks minimum 30 min. Zumba radio used rhythm for pace.

4. Set a water goal and meet it.
    My goal: Minimum 2L

5. Track! Track! Track! The good, the bad and the ugly!
    My goal: track it all!

5 POINTS

Check-in: Sunday Nov 15

• 30 active minutes - 48 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2.5 ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 11,396 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Monday Team!

It’s a new week! A new chance to get it right.

For the past couple of days I’ve been feeling absolutely famished at every mealtime. I’m about to start my period and this always gets me in some kinda mood, looking for food everywhere and just having all kinds of cravings. I almost feel like I’m low on sugar.

Anyway i hope I can manage to stay in control until it passes. Today I’m not doing much as I’m feeling weak and tired and not very motivated to do anything. I’ve run all my errands this morning so I’m ready to just lay on the sofa under a blanket and just sleep.

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.

Get lots of rest!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I have added a new goal for next week. I am aiming to walk at least 3 times. Pretty simple but it is a start. I am totally relaxing today. I have a few shows on my pvr that I want to catch up on. I am making a jiggs dinner today which in a Newfoundland dish. Sodium will show up on the scale tomorrow but it is ok as I know why.

Have an amazing day!

It’s great that you are setting yourself new goals. I’m sure you will be able to do the 3 walks without issues. How was your dinner?

Dinner was delicious! I am up over 3 pounds from the sodium but nothing that a few days of extra water won’t take care of!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    💦 Water ✔️
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS

I totally agree with the things @littleflutterby said. I know when I go through bouts of depression my binge eating gets worse. Hang in there and I hope you start feeling better. Hugs! b]
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,295 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Wonderful Downsizers ....No walk outside today .... I have had a headache since yesterday early afternoon... my foot with the screw in it is very painful and my hips are screaming (I always hurt when it goes from hot to cold) ....I will find something to do here at the house for exercise .... I have tons of workout dvd's

Great job with everyone's losses and NSV :)
  • littleflutterby
    Options

This week really flew by oh my goodness 😂
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 15
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 2670
    Exercise- Full rest day

The rest day was definitely needed and my muscles appreciated it. Will get back into the exercise today! Thank you to everyone who showed confidence in me about my goal post! It helps keep my motivation up.

My parents technically get released from quarantine in a couple days but mom says my dad is still sick. I'm praying he recovers soon.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:✅
    Steps: 3,719
    DBF: 5

I am having a hard time getting moving today! I am wheezy today and it is making me frustrated. I get so tired when my asthma acts up. I am going to use my puffers and attempt a walk in a bit.

My Newfie dinner was delicious last night. My weight is up but I expected that. My hubby prepped everything last night to make soup today. I threw it in the crockpot and we will have yummy soup tonight.

I realized my move is in 6 weeks. Today I am going to put everything on paper to be done before then. We are buying a lot of new furniture and I hope there is some great Black Friday sales next week.

Have a super start to the week!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
    5. Walk 3 times/week
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Daily Post November 15
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 2670
    Exercise- Full rest day

The rest day was definitely needed and my muscles appreciated it. Will get back into the exercise today! Thank you to everyone who showed confidence in me about my goal post! It helps keep my motivation up.

My parents technically get released from quarantine in a couple days but mom says my dad is still sick. I'm praying he recovers soon.

I hope your father gets better soon! Hugs!
This discussion has been closed.