Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,483 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! And it's, again, a bit cooler this morning as this cooling trend continues. The laundry is clean and waiting in the dryer, to be folded and put away. It should be a beautiful, clear day. I don't need to go anywhere, as I had groceries delivered yesterday, and there is nothing on my "need to pick for myself" list. I went to Ingles last week for that, and peeked at the "used meat" section while I was there, picking up a few bargains.

I have a pound of 85/15 ground beef thawing in the refrigerator, and hope Eduardo doesn't get too frisky with ideas for that, since I am still being very careful about my food. I am thinking perhaps chili or meatloaf would be good, and not too difficult to eat while I favor the right side of my mouth still.

I need to get that laundry folded and put away.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Ed, ground beef is probably a good choice. Hopefully your teeth are feeling better soon. Cooler here too. Sunny with a high of 55 expected. Still great Fall weather.
    Jo, that's nice that you get out early. I've been enjoying slow mornings, not rushing out of bed, sipping coffee, relaxing a bit. Those are some watches!!! I guess with the pandemic it's good that it can check your O2 levels...low O2 is one of the symptoms. EKG! If only it could go on a diet and lose weight for me, I would buy it! :smirk: Good luck with the eye Dr. I hope all is well.
    No special plans for me. I'll see what the day brings.
    Another new week, wishing everyone a good one.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    This is my late day at work 12-8. :(
    My eye pressure was up, so the Dr. wants to try the cold laser again. He said he could do both eyes at once. I am just waiting for the office to contact me with a date. If this doesn't work, I will have to use drops probably for the rest of my life.
    Just catching up on laundry this morning before work.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It should be another cool, clear day here. I got the laundry all folded and put away yesterday, and made the chili. Chili for dinner last night, and chili for breakfast this morning. Yum!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Aw, Jo, sorry about the news on your eyes. I hope the laser works for you. Best wishes. Do you only have one late day a week? I think it's hard when you can't keep the same daily schedule. I always disliked working late (mine was overtime).
    Ed, glad you're enjoying your chili!
    It's colder here...currently 42 and sunny, but becoming partly cloudy later with a high of 52 expected, gradually cooling down in the afternoon and going to 31 overnight. brrrrrrrrr. There will be frost.
    No special plans for today. May go to TJMaxx this morning for Sr. hour. And maybe some soup making later.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello all !!

I have been working outside about 4 hours a day, think field hand... cleaning up after Zeta still and trying to get ready for fall. It seems rather hard, as we have 80 and 60 degree weather alternating. Chilly mornings with some upper 30's and some brutal breezes...well wind really!

I have 5 piles of broken limbs and cleanup. About 5 feet tall on one and the rest more like 3 feet to be added to the bonfire when the winds stop. It is just cold today and windy!!

Irene, I cannot believe 6 mos. have gone by since you got your puppy!! Hope he is recovering nicely from his surgery!! You too, Ed!! (different end!!). Glad everything went so smoothly!! Jo, that one day of late evening must be hard. It is hard to change your body's schedule!! I can understand why you are so tired! Your watch sounds fabulous! And I envy your walks, even if the weather is not perfect!! Take care!! Vix, I feel your pain about the crowds. I can become uncomfortable quickly, especially if people are not wearing a mask. Our numbers are holding now. One part of Al. remains a little high, while others are a little below. People mostly do obey the Gov. appeal and mandate, and wear them.

No matter who you voted for, I am embarrassed Trump is flaunting the election procedure and making the U.S. system look bad. What times we live in. Just unbelievable.

I cannot believe what the poor people in Central America are going thru. I can not imagine one terrible hurricane followed by another at Cat 5. Again unbelievable...

Stay safe and take care everyone!! <3
  • Buttons61
    Options
    P.S.
    I meant to ask, are you all getting Mike's emails? It may just be me catching up, but it seems I have not heard from him the last few days...might be me and my disorganized self and my old timer's memory... :#
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    P.S.
    I meant to ask, are you all getting Mike's emails? It may just be me catching up, but it seems I have not heard from him the last few days...might be me and my disorganized self and my old timer's memory... :#

Not in a few days. He had mentioned something about a change in his service. Let's hope that's all it is, and that it will get worked out.

If anyone has his phone number, perhaps a call to see if everything is OK?
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Cold and clear this morning, and it should remain cool and clear through the day. I need to drop by the vet and pick up some stuff for Lilo.

• parityanimal
    Options
    I just found out an old friend died Friday, November 13, in a car crash and apparently the other driver has not, as yet, been identified...fled the scene I think, as the police are asking for any witnesses to come forth.

:(
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Ed. Hugs.
    I had Mike remove me from his mailing list, but he was having some difficulty trying to get it to work under his new provider. I don't have a phone # for him.
    Jan, that sounds like a heck of a lot of work. Be careful. Take your time and get help if you need it.
    I have no special plans for today. Need to do some laundry, will hopefully get around to some of the projects I have been thinking of working on.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    i came on here today to ask about Mike i see i am not the only one hopefully we hear from him soon. Sammie tore her stitches out some how we had a trip to the er on saturday night she seems to be getting better
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good Morning!!

Ed, so sorry about your friend!! How terrible the person responsible would leave the accident.

I do not have a phone number for Mike, I do not think. I guess I will drop a line by snail mail!!I Have a rough time keeping up with all this technology!! I thought it was supposed to make life simpler!! :#

Irene, that Sammie! Tell her no more of that!! Glad she is better!!

I threw some veggies I had, including some fresh, and some Mexican chicken stock in a pot and had just veggie soup last nite! Darn, but it sure hit the spot!! I love soup weather!

Hi Jo! Vix, I have to rest a little today! I ache in places I have long forgot I had, lol!!!
    Take care all!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 35 out there now, and the heater is on. It's supposed to be clear and cool today and warm up a bit so tonight's overnight low may not be quite so cold.

I ate most of the chili, as chili, then turned the last of it into cheesy chili mac, from which I got three servings and finished that last night.

I don't think I have anything on the agenda today. Well, figure out what to eat that doesn't bore me but is still relatively soft...Eduardo may have to help.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Ed, nice creative use of leftovers. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Jan, your Mexican veggie soup sounds yummy too. Hope you ease up those sore muscles soon.
    Irene, sorry Sammie had to go to the ER. Wishing her a speedy recovery too.
    It's currently 44 and sunny with a high of 52 expected today...yay warmer than yesterday and a bit of sunshine.
    No special plans. Will see what the day brings.
    Have a great Thursday everyone.

• parityanimal
    Options
    For this year, I have this fun holiday calendar.

vrkn14qdjbkn.png

qds89ghji69o.png
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    got a card from Mike it is his computer i do have his address if anyone wants to get in touch with him . Ed i meant to tell you I was sorry to hear about your friend
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Vix-I like your new picture. Is that you?
    Jan-I didn't realize that you had so much storm damage. Your soup sounds good.
    There is nothing like a hot bowl of soup on a cold day.
    Irene-wishing Sammie a speedy recovery and tell her to behave! :)
    Ed-I am sure Eduardo will come up with something for you to eat.
    I only have to work one night a week. It does wreck havoc on my system. I am not a night person.
    My landscaper came today and cleaned up all the leaves. My yard looks so nice.
    Have a good evening.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It's a little warmer today, with clear skies expected again.

I finished up with my antibiotic yesterday and am pondering pizza for tonight. If I do have it, I will still have to eat it in very small bites, slowly and carefully chewed on the left side of my mouth. Of course all food SHOULD be eaten in small bites, slowly and carefully chewed, but I was one of ten children and if you wanted seconds you had to clean your plate quick before it was all gone. That and many work schedules over my life that had minimal, if any, proper break periods, taught me horribly efficient eating habits. I'm not a slob with it, just quick about it. LOL.

Funeral online this afternoon for my friend. The family has allowed guests at the ceremony, at the guest's discretion, but it will also be streamed for those like me who would rather not expose ourselves to that risk. I didn't actually know any of the family, though of course I knew OF them, through many conversations with my friend. We had become friends via NutriSystem, late in life and, though she had met J at least once, our families really weren't part of the equation.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Hugs, Ed...I would also stream it.
    I made a very nutritious breakfast this a.m. with an egg, 1/4 cup garbanzo beans, and 1/4 of an avocado. Interesting omelet. I also put just a tiny bit of cayenne pepper in it.
    Thanks, Jo, that was kindergarden. I was looking through old photos and couldn't resist, though it does remind me of a puppy adoption poster! :blush: Sorry you have to work one night/week. At least you can go in later. It's hard not to have a consistent schedule.
    Hi Irene and Jan.
    It's about 38 this morning and sunny with a high of 63 expected...warmer than yesterday, so may get out in the sun later. Have a todo list I'm working on.