Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    hi all, Jo when I worked retail I had to work 1 night a week and close once a month I hated doing nights.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,483 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's a bit cool out, but supposed to get pretty warm this afternoon. We should have clear skies for most of the day, with some clouds moving in tonight.

I think I will take J's car for a spin today. Mine has been getting it's workouts.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    2wggiv49zkfe.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Ed, I need to take my car out today too.
    I've watered my plants, put in a load of laundry, and will try to work on some more projects today. I fixed up a multiframe of photos yesterday. I need to hang it. I'm trying to keep a running todo list. That way I will get things done, eventually.
    We need to pick up a new garbage can...ours lost a wheel.
    It's currently 53 and cloudy with a high of 62 expected today. It was nice yesterday, sat on the porch in the sun reading for a while.
    Have a good day, everyone.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday, Irene!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!
    Love your new picture Vix!!

Take care all!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Happy Birthday Irene!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's clear and warm again today. I may pop out to Lidl as soon as they open, for a few things.

It's hard to believe it's almost time to start pulling Thanksgiving out of the freezer.

Tuna casserole for supper last night (and lunch today) and corned beef hash, with an egg for breakfast.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Jan. Hope you're feeling better, less achy.
    Ed, are you having turkey for Thanksgiving? I'm thinking we will probably have something else. Not totally sure yet.
    There was a little sunshine yesterday, so I got to sit on the porch for a little while. Cloudy again this a.m., 48 with a high of 55 today.
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Ed, are you having turkey for Thanksgiving? I'm thinking we will probably have something else. Not totally sure yet.

I have a couple of chunks of roasted turkey breast that just need to be warmed up for slicing, and a chunk of sliced ham that just needs to be warmed up. With any luck, I can heat just about everything in the microwave and just use the toaster oven if I decide to bake some canned crescent rolls.

But if I decide to make a broccoli cheese casserole for J (likely) then I will have to heat the big oven for that.

• IreneMurman
    Options
    thanks for the birthday wishes i had a very nice day
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Irene!
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    It is currently raining here and it is supposed to last all day. I have to go our to run a few errands. I do not like driving in the rain.
    Vix-We are having stuffed chicken breast for Thanksgiving. Since my daughter is a vegetarian, cooking a turkey for my hubby and I is just too much.
    Ed-your Thanksgiving dinner sounds nice and easy.
    We saw 2 deer on our hike yesterday. It took us 45 min. to walk a mile. We were going slow and trying not to make noise, so we could spot the deer. Usually in that time we have done 2-3 miles.
    Have a great day! :)

• parityanimal
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It's cool and clear out there and should remain that way all day. There is a small chance of rain in the evening and overnight.

I actually got productive yesterday and swept most of the wood floors, in stages, and then vacuumed the carpeted rooms. The cats were warily interested. Today I may (I say may) clean the bathrooms. I can't do an all at once housecleaning anymore without overheating and getting really worn out, but a little at a time does the job.

Now I need to get the Thanksgiving chunk of sliced ham out of the freezer and into the refrigerator to thaw. Tomorrow, the turkey chunk(s) and the pies. Wednesday, the tub of whipped topping. Then on Thursday, make the sides, cornbread dressing (made with turkey broth), light bread vegetarian herb and garlic dressing, maybe a broccoli cheese casserole, and some potato salad and deviled eggs. Then warm up the meats, mix up a cup of turkey gravy (from a packet) and eat! I would skip several sides if J were visiting family, but need them for my vegetarian since that isn't happening. :)

No guests this year, though I usually invite two or three, and one or two actually show up. When I was much younger a room mate and I used to collaborate, and one friend would come the night before to help, and make some of the desserts, on a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner and invite all our friends, singles and couples, and his sister, and made a party of it all evening. Some had no family in the area, and some would come before or after family visits, and unexpected friends and dates were always welcome. After about 10 years the parties petered out but the two of us and his sister still had a nice dinner.

Eventually I found my own soul mate, and moved out. A few years later I was a pall bearer at my ex-roommates funeral, along with 5 other old mutual friends and we all went out to lunch after, to reminisce. I still keep in touch with one of them, that I have known for ... oh, heavens, over 40 years. He met J at the funeral and quickly became one of those friends you feel so comfortable with that you can invite them over, on a whim, to enjoy leftovers.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Good planning for Thanksgiving, Ed. I usually just do cleaning in small bits. If I do to much, I'm out of commission for a few days after.
    Jo, that sounds good. Your walk sounds nice. I love seeing the deer.
    Glad you had a nice birthday, Irene.
    Hope you're all recovered from your yard work, Jan.
    We used to go to my mother-in-law's for Thanksgiving, but gave that up over a decade ago. It was a horrible drive from MD to LI, NY on a holiday, sometimes taking up to 7 hours with kids in the car, and miserable traffic. Sometimes we visited my family in NJ on the way back. In 1996 when we got to LI, I was greeted at the door with the announcement that my brother had died. We were going to meet with my family on Saturday. We went early, but not for the happy gathering we had planned.
    Once my children had SOs that they wanted to spend parts of the holidays with, we stopped going. We have a tradition now, where we have Thanksgiving dinner around noon or 1:00, and the kids go to their in-laws for the evening celebration. I love our small family gatherings. It's usually just us.
    When I was younger and single and living far from family, we used to do pot lucks with friends. That was fun. I am thinking about making jambalaya for Thanksgiving. We eat chicken all the time. Jambalaya is kind of fun and festive. We can make the rice separately so I don't have to have it, make some cornbread on the side, and a nice pumpkin dessert. Voila. Easy.
    I think I will color up my hair today, and try to work on some projects. I really didn't do anything yesterday.
    Another new week. Wishing everyone a good one.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Woohoo! I GOT MY WINE ADVENT CALENDAR FOR THIS YEAR!

I really enjoyed my wine Advent Calendar from Kroger last year, and had been looking, unsuccessfully, for this year's, or even one at the big wine store, but Kroger (several stores) didn't seem to have any, or had sold out quickly, and the big wine store (both locations) had apparently only received 25 per store of the brand that they carried, and had sold out almost instantly.

But at Aldi, as I was waiting in line, and idly looking to see if they had any of their wine calendars, because I have about zero store loyalty (LOL) and REALLY wanted a wine Advent Calendar, from somewhere, almost missed them because they were in a plain brown box rather than being unwrapped and gaudily visible.

As it happened, they were right next to me, but since I was looking for a gaudy package, still almost missed them. But one of the two that were sitting there got up and walked into my cart.

So I GOT MY WINE ADVENT CALENDAR FOR THIS YEAR!

4dl4m4rvkopd.png

d98ivnr05lox.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    mg7h3mhgks4c.png
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    Hi all , Ed glad you found your wine calendar . Our thanksgiving will be just George and myself i got a boneless turkey breast they are so nice you don't even defrost you put them right in the oven frozen it takes about 2 !/2 hours . I will make all the sides right now we have pump. ..kin pie in the oven baking. Jo your walk sounds good I still feed a group of deer take care all
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It's another cool, clear day here in Peachtree Corners. I have my annual ophthalmologist diabetic eye exam today. Whee!

The chunk of roasted turkey breast, the pies, and the whipped topping are now moved from the freezer to the refrigerator. The Christmas ham is still hogging (so to speak) space in the freezer, along with the Christmas cheesecake bites, the New Year greens and black eyed peas.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Ha, Ed. I've never seen a wine advent calendar!!! Cool. Enjoy!
    That sounds like a nice cozy Thanksgiving, Irene.
    Hubby is out to the grocery store. Haha....I'll see if he comes home with turkey or jambalaya ingredients. :smirk: I don't really have a preference. I found a recipe for pumpkin bars that sounds good, like little cheesecake bars with a crumble on top. 8X8 pan, so not tooooo much.
    I need to bring a book back to the library and should probably get some gas in my car today. Other than that, will see what I can do on my list.
    It's sunny to partly cloudy today with a high o 48 expected.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Ed-Enjoy your wine advent calendar!
    I don't have to be into work until 9, so I am prepping for tomorrow. I have already made stuffing and pie crust, squash is cooking and chicken is thawing. I am making an apple, pear, cranberry pie. I usually just make apple, but thought I would jazz it up this year.
    We got a free turkey from work and a $30.00 off coupon for other essentials. The turkey is in the freezer for later use. I am also doing laundry and plan on doing 30 min. on the elliptical before I leave for work.
    Have a great day! :)