Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,527 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! We have another cool day here, with a decent chance of rain as the day progresses. We are pretty much ready now for Thanksgiving and my plan is to not have to cook much for the weekend, and consume leftovers.

The ophthalmologist found no diabetic issues with my eyes and didn't mention any other issues either, but did suggest using eye drops since I occasionally seem to have dry eyes, and to clean my lower lids with eyelid scrubs. I am foregoing any vision exam this year, as my eyes tested well enough in the medical exam, when wearing my glasses.

Nothing much on the agenda today if I can manage that.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,116 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Glad your eyes are ok, Ed.
    Jo, sounds like you're right on top of everything. Your pie sounds delicious.
    We're going with the jambalaya for tomorrow.
    I could do the pumpkin bars and cornbread ahead, but don't really need to. I'll see what I feel like later. I'm going to make some butternut squash soup too.
    I'd like to bring something to the outdoor gathering, but not sure what.
    No special plan for today.
    Happy Thanksgiving eve, everyone.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    good morning, i already have the pumpkin pie baked so i feel like i am ahead of the game. Sammie's vet apt went good her stitches are all healed. take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Last Advent calendar! I promise...so I have the cat treats calendar for the cats, my wine calendar, and now, because, after all, Christmas is all about cheeses...(yes, I know that's a horrible pun - LOL)

xc06n2jbu9da.png

4lqp31acplvw.png

d7yluxq3o0cr.png

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thanksgiving Thursday! Happy Thanksgiving!

It's warm and overcast out there, and should remain warm, with the sun coming out to play hide and seek later today.

I haven't started on much of today's meal prep, but I HAVE unpackaged the Black Forest ham, and some of that found its way to my breakfast plate, with a French toast cheese sandwich, using whole grain, high fiber, low carb bread.

I have come to love savory French toast rather than sweet, and it's better for me anyway.

Today's agenda is to make Thanksgiving dinner, with as little effort as possible, perhaps open some wine to go with it, and enjoy the holiday. If any family wants to video-meet I can try, but I suspect everyone will be busy with their own preparations. We've been discussing them for a few days in a Facebook group chat.

I can't believe it will be December next week, but can't claim to be sad about this year ending either. It's been a year we will never forget, that's for sure. In some ways it has seemed an eternity but in others it has flown by, as so many have done recently.

But we can still all find something to be thankful for.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Y'ALL!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Glad Sammie is all healed up, Irene.
    Ed, well, now you have enough wines and cheeses to get you to Christmas! :smiley: I'm kind of enjoying keeping it simple too.
    I'm going to make pumpkin bars and corn bread this a.m., and get everything ready for my crock pot jambalaya...have to check how long to cook it. We're meeting outside with the family at 3...just to get together, all masked up. I think I'll time it so the crock pot will be ready when we get back (except for the 1/2 hour it takes to heat up the shrimp).
    Supposed to clear up and go up to 65 this afternoon. Yay! Enjoy the day, everyone.
    3t5z3yibrehy.png

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Well I ate it all...

Not really. There are plenty of leftovers, but I ate enough.

We started with a few Ritz crackers, with chive and onion cream cheese spread, and some deviled eggs. For an apéritif we had small glasses of sangria.

Then, for dinner, I had set out sliced Black Forest ham, sliced, roasted turkey breast, corn bread dressing, light bread dressing, mashed potatoes, turkey brown gravy, French style green peas with butter, onion, and shredded lettuce, and crescent rolls.

Dinner wine was Pinot Noir.

For dessert, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and whipped topping. A small slice each of each pie.

I really don't feel too stuffed, as I had a relatively small plate of food and ate it fairly slowly, for me.

Here's my plate...

647lxdbgs0rs.png
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Today will be warm, with a clear morning but clouds building up in the afternoon to an overcast evening, with some chance of rain. Breakfast was oatmeal with blueberries and cream, and some of the Black Forest ham, warmed in the microwave.

Not much on the agenda today. I will absolutely NOT be out participating in any Black Friday shopping. At least, not physically. I doubt I'll do any online shopping today either, unless it's incidental or something happens to come to mind. But then, I don't do a lot of Christmas shopping anyway. Something for J and something for my mother is about it any more.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Ed, your dinner looks yummy.
    The weather was perfect for our gathering yesterday. We stayed out on my daughter's deck, it was sunny and 65 degrees, a Thanksgiving miracle. :wink: Had a drink and a toast and a nice visit with family, then all went home to our own dinners. The jambalaya was delicious. I had it without the rice...sort of a spicy soup, but yum. Looking forward to the usual family dinner next year.
    I never go to the stores on Black Friday. I may do a little shopping online. Don't need a lot, and I like to take my time looking for presents. I'm not really an impulse shopper.
    I do need to go to the library to pick up a book, and take my car for a drive.
    It's a cloudy day, with a high of 56 expected.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It will be another warm, partly overcast day in this part of the world. I do need to get J's car out sometime this weekend for a decent run. We took a pizza break from Thanksgiving last night but this morning's breakfast brought me back to it, with ham and eggs.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I took my car for a ride yesterday, Ed. I'm thinking I might want pizza for my birthday.
    Sunny and a high of 55 today. Will water my plants this a.m. and work on some projects today.
    Haha...even normal things become projects to me. We got our gas fireplace working yesterday. It always takes several tries before it starts for the season.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous soggy Sunday!

It's currently overcast, but the rain is heading in, according to the forecast, so if it's not soggy yet, it will be. I realized that J has a doctor appointment on Tuesday so I can actually forego exercising the car, as it will get that on Tuesday anyway.

I have two meals left of the Thanksgiving food. I had some more of the ham for breakfast, and there is some to have at lunch, perhaps with (or in) some mac and cheese. And there is one nice plate of turkey and dressing, with the last of the French peas, for dinner. I successfully accomplished my goal of having the leftovers last me through the weekend with minimal other cooking for my food. J doesn't like leftovers as much as I do and only had three meals of Thanksgiving food, after which what was left was all mine.

It should be a nice day for a nap.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning
    Ed, it's nice to have leftovers. I think hubby finished up the jambalaya last night, and the corn muffins. We still have a couple of pieces of the pumpkin bars left. I'm trying not to eat them.
    I have a massage scheduled for Wednesday, but I'm not sure if I'm going or not, may cancel. My son sent me some k94 masks, so I can use one of those under my cloth mask if I decide to go.
    Sunny with a high of 56 expected, clouds moving in later.
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! We will be overcast all day, with dropping temperatures through the afternoon and evening and a freeze tonight with a low of 30. It's the last day of November, and I guess I am ready for colder weather. Not that nature cares whether I am or not. LOL.

Nothing critical on the agenda today. I may start putting together an online grocery order for delivery.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    It seems like everyone had a quiet Thanksgiving.
    I had to work on Friday until noon. I spent the rest of the day putting up my Xmas decorations. Saturday we took a drive out to the western part of the state and stopped at Yankee Candle and Oakwood Farm Christmas store. Sunday morning we went for a 4 mile walk and then did a little Christmas shopping, came home and put up the Christmas tree. The only thing left to decorate are the outside bushes.This morning I have ordered a few things on line. I have a few errands to run this morning and then I have nothing for the rest of the day.
    Have a good day! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Sounds like you had a really nice weekend, Jo. Good that you can relax today.
    Ed, it's cooling off here too. Not so bad today, but then the temps drop.
    Raining all day here, with a high of 63 expected. (tomorrow's high is forecast as 43).
    I ended up buying 2 things over the weekend. I got some collagen peptides at 30% off, and I bought a pair of hiking boots, at 20% off, then 30% off that, so I ended up saving $30 on them. Mine are getting old and worn out.
    Hubby put up our holiday lights and I put my holiday wreath on the door, took down the harvest wreath, and my ceramic pumpkins. I have a lot of projects around the house to keep me busy.
    Hi Irene and Jan.
    It's another new week. I hope everyone has a good one.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hello!!
    I feel like I dropped off the face of the earth here!! Everyone's preparations for Thanksgiving sounded wonderful. I am glad everything seem to go smoothly. Irene, glad Sammie is doing well. Ed, your plate looked good!! I especially love peas, so that looked even better!! I enjoyed the advent calendars you will have! Nice pairings! And I am sure the cats will enjoy theirs, too! Vix, I might need to steal that jambalaya idea for a holiday. It seems to have struck a cord in me for some reason!! :) And I am glad most everyone got their walks in!! Jo, if I did that much...well, I hope I would have gotten to work, lol!!!

Our Thanksgiving did not go as planned! We were supposed to go to my son's house on Thursday. My sore throat that I was sure was tonsillitis finally got the better of me. I called the Monday before Thanksgiving but the earliest I could get to the Dr was Weds at 3:30. My strept test was neg. but she treated me with Antibiotics as my tonsils were inflamed. I also have a back molar that decided to attack me with severe nerve pain the same week. Since I had a fever at the Dr., sob which I usually have, and the throat pain and congestion she ran a covid test also. Results due back on the Monday after Thanksgiving. So called my son and daughter and told them. I did not think it was covid...but you never know. My daughter in law suggested putting T. off till Sat. and getting a rapid test done Friday. So...I sat at the Doc in the Box from 1030 am till 2 pm to get in and be called. And yes, I forgot a book! I could have used one Doc Box that rings you at your house to come up, but I did not know how to send a pic of drivers license, ect to them by phone. So after 3.5 hours I was out in 20 minutes and the result was negative.

So we had Thanksgiving on Sat. It was good to see everyone and get together again. There was 6 of us, but we were pitiful. My daughter was a little under the weather from asthma and sinus. My son was exhausted from school and doing a few extras for my DIL. She woke with a cold so we put her in the hallway to eat which actually opens to their table. So it seemed like she was there. That part was great! We all became comatose afterwards though . I had used up my energy dressing, driving and eating, as had my daughter. My DIL never had energy, and my poor son fell asleep for a bit at the table while we were talking! We will probably not forget Thanksgiving 2020. We were an old sad bunch, except for my 2 granddaughters, who pretty much though we were hilarious. :|

However it was nice to know I was Neg. covid, so I guess with some luck, washing well, and wearing your mask and using common sense, you can survive grocery store trips and the occasional outing with careful conscientious like minded people that do not go out too much!!
    Now to work on my tooth. Stay safe all!! Happy Advent and take care!! <3
    Ps..the longer swab test was also neg for covid..better safe than sorry!!
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Good to know you are negative!

Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! And it's COLD. December came in hard!

I placed a rather large grocery order with Kroger, that should be delivered early this afternoon. It feels weird to be following the old time small town custom of having groceries delivered, but using modern, online technology to place the order.

As it's December 1, I opened door number one on each Advent calendar. I do this in the mornings because the wine may need to be chilled so it will be ready to drink as an apéritif with my tiny bite of cheese appetizer. As it happens. today's wine does need to be chilled, and is now in the refrigerator. The cheese calendar is in the refrigerator anyway, but it's fun to see what I have to look forward to before dinner.

5njp0oifpui2.png

dyhjghyuojl9.png

jmu7uwxw1vcn.png

I may donate a single Ritz cracker to that, to go with the cheese. It really IS a tiny bite, not even as big as the little wedges that you get in those holiday boxes.

For the cats tonight, there are five small treats so someone (Lilo) will get two.

eqj6ukkuf3id.png

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    We had rain earlier and some large fluffy snow flakes! It seems to be clearing a bit now, high of only 42 expected today.
    Ed, I generally like Rose wines. Tiny bite of cheese! A little wedge would have been nice. Cute that you got treats for your cats. How are your sugar gliders doing?
    I have some things to do around the house today.
    I hope everyone has a good day.