Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,483 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    We had rain earlier and some large fluffy snow flakes! It seems to be clearing a bit now, high of only 42 expected today.
    Ed, I generally like Rose wines. Tiny bite of cheese! A little wedge would have been nice. Cute that you got treats for your cats. How are your sugar gliders doing?
    I have some things to do around the house today.
    I hope everyone has a good day.

It's 0.5 ounces of cheese, with a surprising 4 grams of protein. Just enough for one or two Ritz crackers.

The sugar gliders are both doing fine. They are getting different fruit (some is freeze dried or frozen, but thawed) every day, and their favorite proteins.

I often hear them running around in the cage if I am up early.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I got an email from Mike Torre today. He is still having trouble with email and apparently has to go through some awkward method to get into it. He is trying to sort things out.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• parityanimal
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It's quite cold outside, and will remain cool today with mostly clear skies. It's beginning to feel like Winter here.

I need to get out to buy some boneless, skinless chicken thighs for the sugar gliders, but not much else necessarily today. Most of the groceries I needed were in the delivery the other day, including more salad mix than I realized I had ordered, so we are going to have to pig out on salad for a couple of days to use it up before it wilts. This should not really be a problem though, and there are certainly worse things to pig out on.

Today's wine, cheese, and cat treats.

dvng5k91o255.png

xxt0slwkz44o.png

a3onk1pwsblj.png

With shampoo it's "lather, rinse, repeat" but when do you stop? When you have used up the whole bottle?

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Chili is cooking for dinner tonight. Meaty and then vegetarian.

z9ogj785ztd1.png

1b4c0iha5o6k.png

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    Guess I missed posting this a.m. I went for my massage...it was wonderful. I got all masked up. My massage therapist had an n95 mask and an air filter going in the room. She let me in the back door, so I didn't even see any other people. I really needed that massage! Somehow the rest of the day just flew by. We're going to fix up a room in the basement for my craft projects, so I was looking online for a table and storage things....I guess it must have been longer than I thought!
    Anyway, alls well here. Getting cold here too...most days with highs in the 40s for the next couple of weeks.
    Chili is great cold weather comfort food, Ed. :)
    You could try getting Mike to come on to our thread. He'd probably like it if he tried it.
    Have a good night, everyone. Sleep well.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Still cold here, but the weather should take a bit of a warming turn today, with partly sunny skies most of the day turning to overcast for the evening and night.

I need to maybe get started on some laundry.

Day 3 in the advent calendars. As the cat treats, so far at least, all look about the same, no need to take that pic.

9ffxvg6mcrqm.png

w5dfisf701ep.png

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Black pepper gouda sounds good, Ed.
    My cleaning person just got here. Yay! Clean house today.
    We got rid of the old box spring and mattress downstairs yesterday. I think I'll start bringing some of my craft stuff down there.
    Sunny with a high of 51 today, only about 40 at the moment.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

I need to run and get my drivers license renewed. So many things, all at the same time...I just hate that!! Chili looked wonderful Ed! I am making some tonite!! We are in the same cold spell...and I do need some comfort, lol!! I had gotten a message from Mike also, but I had expected his email address to change actually, and it didn't. I wonder if he got my reply though...I hate electronic hassles.

Vix, your massage sounds wonderful!! Always wanted one, but I am still very overweight, and a little lumpy!! Do not see it happening, lol!! :# So glad you had a great day!!
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! It's cool and rainy out and may remain that way through the afternoon. I had thought of getting out to Aldi today to look for the new year countdown sparkling wine calendar, or see if they have any kind of 12 days of Christmas calendar, but that may have to wait until tomorrow.

I do need to fold and put away the remaining laundry from yesterday, that is in the dryer.

Happy National Cookie Day! Being in the holiday season, I think obtaining a cookie should be no problem.

Day 4 in the Advent calendars looks sweet and musky, at least in the wine department. The cheese looks interesting.

ad2gr8h1r2tl.png

hwa9bal7fisz.png

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    good morning, Jan i also heard from Mike i was a little about him just so glad all is good with him take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Hi Irene.
    Jan, you always seem so busy! Massage therapists are professionals, your body type doesn't matter. Most will honor your modesty concerns. It's a real treat, mentally and physically.
    Ed, the wine and cheese for today look good. I generally like wines that are a little sweet. And gouda is always good-ah. (Sorry, couldn't resist).
    Rainy and cool here too. High of 46 expected.
    No special plans...need to do some things around the house. Start to plan for my craft room.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    I am up very early this morning, couldn't sleep. It is currently raining.
    Jan-Sorry about your tooth and sore throat. I am glad you tested negative and I hope your throat is getting better.
    Ed-love the wine and cheese pairings.
    Irene-good to hear from you.
    Vix-I used to do a lot of crafts when my kids were little, but right now I don't seem to have time...maybe when I retire I can get back to it.
    We are getting a $5 an hour bonus based on the hours we worked from Sept.6-Nov.28.
    This is the first time Shaws has ever giving out bonuses.
    We took Sophie to the vet this week. She is still having trouble with her right nostril being swollen. The vet things she has built up an immunity to the medication she is on.
    She got an antibiotic shot that is good for 2 weeks and after that we may try a new med.
    Vet told me cats don't breath through their mouths, so she sounds worse than she actually is.
    I had plans to put lights on the shrubs out in front of my house, but it is supposed to rain all weekend. There is always next week. :)
    Have a great day! :)

• parityanimal
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sunny Saturday here! Cold this morning, and remaining cool today, but not too bad. I may take one of the cars for a spin. I did actually get the laundry folded and put away yesterday. Yay!

Today's day 5 wine and cheese pairing is Chardonnay and Cheddar with chives and onion.

crpc5a823c6q.png

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    good morning, well it is raining here and 45 so it feels really cold. jo congrats on getting a bonus you deserve it working threw all this take care time for me to get on the treadmill
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I did take my van out for a longer drive this morning, to a larger ALDI a bit farther away than my neighborhood Aldi and I now have a countdown to New Year sparkling wine calendar so if I start with it on Christmas day, and don't miss any days on it, or the Advent calendar, then I can say for the first time ever that I drank wine every day in December.

Not sure what that says about me, but there it is. LOL.

Dinah is helping with the second picture.

8anlxqw5saaf.png

9al6doclptne.png

And I did find a 12 days of Christmas calendar, so I can have a truffle treat every day from Christmas through 12th day (January 5th).

3c4hnvnpog1g.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jan, I'm so sorry you were not feeling well...I just checked back, somehow I missed that big post of yours! Glad you were negative for Covid, and I hope you're feeling much better now. Hope you got that tooth taken care of.
    It's cold here too, Irene. Good that you're keeping up with the tread mill.
    Jo, that's great news about your bonus. You truly deserve it for working through the pandemic. It's appreciated by all of us, that people have kept the essential services and stores open and running. I hope you sleep better tonight. (I've been having trouble getting to sleep this week. I stayed up reading til 3 a.m. this morning because I couldn't fall asleep.) I hope the vet can find a better med for Sophie, and that the antibiotic helps.
    Ed, I love that you find those great treats for yourself! I love sparkling wines, and of course, chocolate!
    It's cloudy and a little windy today, with a high of 47 expected. I've got plenty to keep me busy around the house
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! And it's another cool day in Peachtree Corners, with some chance of afternoon/evening showers. It's clear and 34 for the moment.

Today I may take J's car for a spin, but don't feel it's absolutely necessary as it went with J to the doctor on Tuesday. I will decide later. If I see any pressing grocery items, that may tip the decision.

Day 6 in the advent calendars gives me a tasty sounding Pinot Noir and a small chunk of Gouda.

e53yhe3ynrvu.png

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Looks like a tasty combo, Ed.
    I need to get rid of some clutter today. Tomorrow we are having a chef come in to prepare dinner for our 45th anniversary. She is all set with the virus protocols, so it feels pretty safe.
    It's currently 36 and sunny out, expected high of 41, with partly cloudy skies.
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning all.
    Looks like a tasty combo, Ed.
    I need to get rid of some clutter today. Tomorrow we are having a chef come in to prepare dinner for our 45th anniversary. She is all set with the virus protocols, so it feels pretty safe.
    It's currently 36 and sunny out, expected high of 41, with partly cloudy skies.
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.

Happy Anniversary!
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Ed. Amazing how time flies.