WaistAways - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Thursday! I hope you are all doing well. I did a 20 minute Pilates workout this morning. (It was actually 2 ten minute ones.). If you've never done Pilates, it is amazing how 10 minutes on a consistent basis can really make a difference.

I don't think I ever ended up logging yesterday. :( But, yesterday is past and today I will! My daughter and granddaughter will be over later. Daughter is still at less than 100% with her shoulder pain and needs our assistance in hugs and floor time. I'm always up for that with that sweet girl.
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar
    PW 144.5
    CW 146
    I don't know what happened. I thought my eating was on point and I'm certainly getting enough steps.

My sister advises that I'm not eating enough calories and sent me a link explaining what that means - have stalled my metabolism. I think I need to rethink my goals and my methods. Take some inspiration from @KellyBgetsfit and see what changes I can make to my composition rather than lose more weight. Oh yuck, I think that means finally picking up those freeweights and turn my attention to shaping what I've got. :s Also, at 52, to build a better base of muscle, to forestall muscle loss as I age. I'll think some more today but maybe jump back to the goal zone in February- and try to figure it all out without necessarily counting on the scale for results.

You will bounce back. I know it. You have done so so well. You definitely don't want to eat too few calories. We know that doesn't really work. As to the strength-building, I am right there with you at needing to build strength. I know Pilates does build strength somewhat, but I probably need to pick up those handweights I have. I'm not looking to enter a Mrs. America Body Builder Competition, just keeping those bones strong as I age. 56 and officially hit menopause means I really need to take good care of myself. I do feel better and stronger and healthier than I did when my kids were little. But, when those hormones decide to essentially shut down, it IS noticeable. Sylvia, it you find anything interesting, please share. I may tap into my bestie who is a trainer, about a modest weight routine. She lives up near you in Foxboro.

Well, need to go get myself some food/protein. Have a great day!! :smile:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    Maybe by the time I am 70 I'll be able to do a pistol squat! A girl can dream, right?
    I had to look that up (although I could kind of envision what it was). Yeah, no, will not be happening for me in my lifetime. :D

Oh, right! I looked it up and agree...that's not likely unless I fall down in that position and can't get back up!

@jugar my day-late weigh in was: 187.5
    Apparently, my post holiday is catching up to what others were doing when my number was decreasing. Sheesh!
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals. Steps today 12,401.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    CW - 257.3 lbs
    PW - 260.3 lbs

Great loss, AGAIN!!!!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps for January 14
    Thank you for keeping up with all this!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Steps for Jan 14: 11,534
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    les mills barbell class with 10,070 steps
    overall felt great today but my knee is starting to tell me I am over 50. Ugh!
    Have a great night everyone!

How many minutes of barbells? you're doing great - and the BEST antidote to over 50 knee pain is strength. Take care of it, but strengthen all the muscles around it and it will be happy again :smiley:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    PW: 218.6
    CW: 219.0

Errr, it was down to 218.2 the other day. Having no power definitely complicates meals. We are out for a couple more days 😢 I went and bought a propane outdoor oven today 🤣🤣🤣 We are out of power fairly often so it was time. It's so teeny tiny and cute😍 Can't wait to use it tomorrow. It was a really busy day at work. We are missing so many people so it was a rush to get a few things situated. I totally forgot to get dog food tonight 🙃 My dogs are so happy they each got a bowl full of dog biscuits instead. No workout today, it's my rest day. Tomorrow I'm gonna get myself organized and definitely buy some dog food 😌
    You are certainly having a wild and crazy time - I love the way you stay goofy and positive in spite of it! Your dogs are loving it :heart:
This discussion has been closed.