TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (February)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @mooreshelly09, My heart is breaking for you right now...I am so, so sorry. If you can stick to your routine, or some semblance of it, it will help you keep your head above water. I know easier said than done, but you did it today! (hugs)
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Long rant (apology in advance)

I have been really on a downward spiral mental health wise, so my motivation has been non-existent.
    My back is still hurting from shoveling snow 4 days last week so I haven’t been able to go to the gym regardless.
    A coworker that I worked with yesterday potentially has covid, so now I have to quarantine while I wait on test results, making my anxiety even worse. And yet another reason I can’t get to the gym.

I am going to take this week off if I can roll over my weight, and I will catch up with you all next Monday.

I’m sorry your back pain hasn’t subsided.. I totally understand that pain and when I get a flair up depending the severity and the level of immobility I experience- the whole thing totally effects your psyche!
    That being said maybe while you break- you can still try to maintain your dry-for-30 days goal? That was a great Goal you posted and I didn’t even realize it at the time, but ever since we all talked about it here, I have been skipping my 2-Whiteclaws-a-night trend and I’m feeling very empowered by that. Hopefully you’re still going after it!! See you Monday!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Tues, Feb 9th
    Week 2- Day 3
    Track- Yes
    Under Cals- NoOver by +130
    Exercise- Yes an hour of cardio and 45 of weight lifting
    👟Challenges💧
    80oz
    8000 Steps

Mon, Feb 8th
    Week 2- Day 2
    Tracking- Yes
    Under Cals- YesUnder by 13
    Exercise- YesAn hour of cardio
    👟Challenges💧
    44oz
    6273 Steps

Sun, Feb7th
    Week 2- Day 1
    Tracking- No I had to guess at what I ate the next day
    Under Cals- No Over by +1985!!! Wow how quickly birthday cake and grilled hamburgers stack up your Calories!
    Exercise- No that’s probably would have helped.
    👟Challenges💧
    22oz
    6439 Steps
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS Thank you <3
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,520 Member
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 I am so sorry to hear that. Sending you many virtual hugs.❤️ We're here if you ever need a break from the world. Stay strong.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Tuesday 9 February
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Steps: 7596
    Water: 96 oz
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    Options
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 148.0lbs
    CW 146.8lbs
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    2/9/21
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 7.5 cups
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Rawrxamberx
    PW:321.6
    CW: 319

This felt so good cuz this week I put in the effort and I feel like my drive is back :smiley:
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 - that is almost too much for one heart to bear. Please take good care of yourself and give yourself some grace. We lost our nephew to suicide just after Christmas, and the grief is in waves. His sister has had the hardest time as I can see you have, too.

@erikNJ - hang in there my friend! I am sorry about your back, and hope that these Feb blues recede and you can enjoy a great Valentine's day this coming weekend. Thanks for sticking with us in good times and bad!

I took a tumble over some boxes of furniture yesterday morning so took a day off of walking. I landed on my knee at first but quickly rolled to my amply cushy fanny so I think I'm good to go today.

2/09/2021
    Exercise: no
    Water: 80
    Steps: 2251
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    2/9/21
    Exercise: yes - 30 min elliptical
    Steps: 9,161
    Water: 178.7oz

**mentally struggling at the moment. For those that don't know, I lost my brother to suicide back in 2012. Then lost my sister in law in November and my uncle in law in January. Last night I lost a co-worker to suicide and it just brings back all the memories of losing my brother all those years ago. Trying to keep my head up, but man is it hard. I hope the rest of yall have a better week!

@mooreshelly09
    I am so sorry. I can understand how it would be hard to keep your head up but I cannot imagine how much pain you must be feeling. We are here for you.
    You have been doing great with your diet and exercise with everything you have been through. If you need time to take care of you, be sure to take it. Keeping to healthy eating is and exercise is a good way to practice self care, too.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 148.0lbs
    CW 146.8lbs

@prehistoricmoongoddess
    Fantastic!!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Rawrxamberx
    PW:321.6
    CW: 319

This felt so good cuz this week I put in the effort and I feel like my drive is back :smiley:

@rawrxamberx
    I am glad you feel your drive again. Great loss!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 - that is almost too much for one heart to bear. Please take good care of yourself and give yourself some grace. We lost our nephew to suicide just after Christmas, and the grief is in waves. His sister has had the hardest time as I can see you have, too.

@erikNJ - hang in there my friend! I am sorry about your back, and hope that these Feb blues recede and you can enjoy a great Valentine's day this coming weekend. Thanks for sticking with us in good times and bad!

I took a tumble over some boxes of furniture yesterday morning so took a day off of walking. I landed on my knee at first but quickly rolled to my amply cushy fanny so I think I'm good to go today.

2/09/2021
    Exercise: no
    Water: 80
    Steps: 2251

@annabananamc
    Oh no! I hope your doing ok!
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. I definitely do not want to go backwards and fall back into my old ways...just taking it minute by minute, one day at a time <3
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited February 2021
    Options
    WRD

For this exercise I analyzed my lunch, I eat the same thing every day so this was easy. We’re going to visit the grandbaby this weekend so after that I will analyze one of THOSE meals. It will be harder to stick to a plan when I don’t control the menu. Plus my daughter insists on keeping bags of salt & vinegar chips in her pantry. :-0

Every Sunday I grill a package of chicken breast and divide it out for the week (M-F). Each day I have that plus a salad (2 cup container filled with lettuce, spinach, diced red onion, jalapeno, and bell pepper). I use wine vinegar and EVOO instead of bottled dressing. The breakdown is as follows:

Calories: 308
    Carbs: 16 minus 4g fiber = 12 net
    Protein: 41g
    Fat: 9g
    Sodium: 116mg

After many years of yoyo dieting, I have found that this meal works for me. You’d think it might get boring but to me it doesn’t. I like that I don’t have to think about it and can just grab and eat it on a busy work day. No (additional) stress. 

Also, thinking back to what Lisa said about the cost savings of having one packet of oatmeal instead of two, I couldn't possibly add up the cost savings of this lunch as compared to most of my coworkers. In both time and money. Every day people would stand around discussing where to get lunch from that day before heading out to one of the local fast food places. Aside from the $5-$10 they spent each day, I cringed at the calories, fat and sodium content of the meals they came back with.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words @brandi_84 @Krysless2 and @annabananamc

My test came back negative but apparently new guidelines say you have to wait five days if the other person has covid (they do). So now I get to stress this until Sunday...

@Krysless2 I am planning on sticking to the dry 30 days plan, starting on Monday. Although my current anxiety and depression is making that a tough one
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @erikNJ Just so you know, going dry will actually help with anxiety and depression. I don't know you well, but this I have derived from your posts, 'you are strong'. Symptoms of alcohol withdrawal include anxiety and depression, so that leads to reaching for more alcohol, which leads to more anxiety and depression...it's a cycle. But I have faith in you that you are stronger than the cycle. Alcohol is just depression in a bottle...
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    ...with extra calories.
This discussion has been closed.