Hey everyone!
    Last week 321
    This week 317
    Also hit my 6 stones lost marker!! ❤️

Outstanding loss! Congrats!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    MUAC for 3/14:
    Tracked: no - was doing well but gave up after we were invited over to a friend's house for drinks, hors d'oeuvres, and ultimately pizza
    Under: no
    Exercised: yes - 20 minutes walking the pooch. At least I did this one right!

This weekend we had get-togethers with a couple of friends for the first time in a long time, and I gave up on eating well. The only thing I can do is try to do better the rest of this week. Any tips for managing social visits in the future? I have a hard time with this and with restaurant foods, where there is no calorie count. We haven't done much of either since the pandemic, but as we get more comfortable going out, this will be a pressing issue.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    @richmondwriter @DaffyGirl88
    Thank you so much you guys! I love hearing words of encouragement! Definitely gets me through! 😊
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,447 Member
    MUAC for 3/14:
    Tracked: no - was doing well but gave up after we were invited over to a friend's house for drinks, hors d'oeuvres, and ultimately pizza

This weekend we had get-togethers with a couple of friends for the first time in a long time, and I gave up on eating well. The only thing I can do is try to do better the rest of this week. Any tips for managing social visits in the future? I have a hard time with this and with restaurant foods, where there is no calorie count. We haven't done much of either since the pandemic, but as we get more comfortable going out, this will be a pressing issue.

@richmondwriter First, so glad (and jealous) that you are socializing again!! One weekend isn't going to ruin you. Having said that here are some of my coping strategies.

For socializing at home or at a friend's house - (you can take these along to a friend's, great hostess gift)
    - make low cal and / or low carb snacks. Cheese & pepperoni (I like turkey pepperoni), veggies & dip (bell peppers, cauliflower, celery)
    - have low cal and or low carb drinks. I love a margarita but if I'm going out I'll switch to pinot grigio to save both calories and carbs
    - ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS have a glass or bottle of water handy. Take a sip before or after every bite or drink. That will keep you from downing a glass of wine just because you're thirsty.

For going out I try to drink a glass or 2 of water and have a light healthy high protein snack before I go. That way I'm not hungry when I arrive and throw caution to the wind. If I know where I'm going beforehand I look up their menu online and plan my attack. If you've made up your mind there's no need to look at the tantalizing pictures on the menu.

Again...ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS have a glass or bottle of water handy. Order that before your beverage of choice and keep it filled.

If you are "forced" to eat the pizza ;) ...enjoy it! Just try not to eat 4 or 5 slices and get back to normal the next day.
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Monday March 15, 2021 6:20 PM
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 7,747
  • richmondwriter
    MUAC for 3/14:

@richmondwriter First, so glad (and jealous) that you are socializing again!! One weekend isn't going to ruin you. Having said that here are some of my coping strategies.

For socializing at home or at a friend's house - (you can take these along to a friend's, great hostess gift)
    - make low cal and / or low carb snacks. Cheese & pepperoni (I like turkey pepperoni), veggies & dip (bell peppers, cauliflower, celery)
    - have low cal and or low carb drinks. I love a margarita but if I'm going out I'll switch to pinot grigio to save both calories and carbs
    - ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS have a glass or bottle of water handy. Take a sip before or after every bite or drink. That will keep you from downing a glass of wine just because you're thirsty.

For going out I try to drink a glass or 2 of water and have a light healthy high protein snack before I go. That way I'm not hungry when I arrive and throw caution to the wind. If I know where I'm going beforehand I look up their menu online and plan my attack. If you've made up your mind there's no need to look at the tantalizing pictures on the menu.

Again...ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS have a glass or bottle of water handy. Order that before your beverage of choice and keep it filled.

If you are "forced" to eat the pizza ;) ...enjoy it! Just try not to eat 4 or 5 slices and get back to normal the next day.

These are outstanding and well thought out tips! Thank you so very much for taking the time to write these down. Having a glass of water on hand would have really helped last night, because there were times when I did drink the wine simply because I was thirsty.

We were careful - social distancing, just a couple of people, outdoors, et al. But it still made me a bit uneasy.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    3/15/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no - I missed it by 20 calories 😭
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 5 cups
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    3/15/2021
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - 45 min spin class
    Water: 135.2
    Steps: 7,809
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,893 Member
    Hi team! I have been quiet but still here reading your posts every day, trying to hang on to my motivation as best I can. I have been spending what little time I have with my daughter, who has been.. let’s just say, testing all of our boundaries as parents😬
    It’s been super fun! But I am so grateful to still be here and still a part of this group. It’s comforting to know that this group will always be here.. always working together, struggling together. All wanting the same thing. It’s nice to know..when the waters are rocky I don’t have to drown in them and I don’t have to eat all of my feelings, I can come here, regroup and get back to business (as best I can anyway)
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited March 2021
    Monday 15 March
    Track: yes

Water: 80 oz
    Steps: 15,606

Beware the idea of March.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,733 Member

Sunday 14 March
    Water: 48 oz
    Steps: 11,095

Gotta drink more water!

Monday 15 March
    Water: 48oz
    Steps: 10,295

Need more water and to stay within my calories.... happy that exercising is fun!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Monday 15 March

Water: 80 oz
    Steps: 15,606

Beware the idea of March.

Stupid autocorrect...that was supposed to be "ides" :(
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Weigh in was Sunday, no change 165.
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Todays Goal:
    Double my steps from yesterday, just for today.
  • DaffyGirl88
    maryc11 wrote: »
    Todays Goal:
    Double my steps from yesterday, just for today.

@maryc11 great goal, you can do it!! 📣👏
  • richmondwriter
    MUAC for 3/15:
    Exercised: no

Goal for the day: to find a day to squeeze in exercise while on a busy work day/evening.
  • richmondwriter
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Hi team! I have been quiet but still here reading your posts every day, trying to hang on to my motivation as best I can. I have been spending what little time I have with my daughter, who has been.. let’s just say, testing all of our boundaries as parents😬
    It’s been super fun! But I am so grateful to still be here and still a part of this group. It’s comforting to know that this group will always be here.. always working together, struggling together. All wanting the same thing. It’s nice to know..when the waters are rocky I don’t have to drown in them and I don’t have to eat all of my feelings, I can come here, regroup and get back to business (as best I can anyway)

Nice to hear from you - glad you are checking in. It sounds like a challenging time, but we are here for you!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Krysless2 wrote: »

Nice to hear from you - glad you are checking in. It sounds like a challenging time, but we are here for you!

@Krysless2 Hang in there! @richmondwriter and I are both empty nesters, living proof that there is light at the end of the teenage tunnel. However long and dark the tunnel may seem when you're going through it. <3
This discussion has been closed.