WaistAways - April 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,094 Member
    Thursday Greetings, Friends!

I had such a frustrating morning that there was nothing for it but to insist that my little dog, Edie, came with me for a bracing walk! Once outside, I relented and allowed her to snif out new smells in peace. I kept the walk on the level so she didn't have to struggle up any steps - after all, she is getting on! Meanwhile I enjoyed an entertaining podcast while Edie did her thing. I needed the practice walk anyway.

Talking of walking, @DD265 what walking event are you training for? I will be doing the 25K Thames Bridges Trek in September and wondered if you're doing it too? Oh, and well done on getting the pay rise you asked for - you obviously deserve it.

Like you, @gak71, I weigh myself every day. Then I calculate the average over 7 days. That way it doesn't really matter what my weigh in date is.

Going out earlier has exacerbated my hayfever somewhat, so I am now confined indoors with a box of tissues.

Enjoy the rest of your day, Friends!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,256 Member
    @micki48 So glad your son-in-law is home now... sounds like quite the ordeal. I can't imagine how tired you all must be. Sending warm thoughts for his continued recovery... glad to have you back.

@YinxFed What kind of dog is Edie? So nice when our pets can join us for our activities.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,250 Member
    You have another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @kalaki6145 :)

@kalaki6145 is already here! No need to re-register every month. Once you're in, you're stuck! Bwahahaha!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @YinxFed We're doing the Edale Skyline walk in the Peak District. I've done Edale>Hope before, but this is all the way around the tops.
    The Edale Skyline is a classic Peak District hillwalking adventure. Tackle several summits on this circular walk surrounding the beautiful Vale of Edale. A challenging 20-mile route with a tough 1,200m of ascent requiring a good level of fitness and lots of determination.

We were supposed to do it last year but restrictions prevented it; we're fairly confident it'll go ahead in September though. The climb doesn't bother me, it's the duration which is potentially 10 hours. The longest walk we did last year was almost 18 miles if I recall correctly - at that time I think I weighed half to a stone less than I do now, (I deleted all my history from WW so who knows) and I'll be lower than that this year, plus I think the running and strength training I'm doing will be helping. Ultimately it's time on feet, and good walking boots, that will make the difference though.
  • jugar
    The adorable old doggy look - she is a sweetie I'm sure!

We are all up to date through today! Friday people, get ready:

@conleywoods
    @SMcFall0215
    @happimess01
    @Steph1498
    @ellz_runs
    @gak71
    @healthygirlintransit

May the green be with you!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,256 Member
    So cute @YinxFed ... thanks for sharing :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,752 Member
    Another new member joining your team .......Please welcome @renewal_2021 :)
  • renewal_2021
    renewal_2021 Posts: 17 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Thank you for accepting me into this group. It's my first time participating in a FP challenge. Do I draft my bio now or wait until May?
    I feel like I can relate to @steph1498. Last year, I was getting close to my GW of 122. Now, I am back at 143. Let's help each other stay on track ☺️
  • jugar
    PW - 224.4 lbs
    CW - 223.7 lbs

Ughh not even a pound but at least I am no longer obese anymore, just overweight according to my BMI. :)

Hey - at really close to a 12 pound loss for the month, you are not only no longer overweight, you are a role model. That's kind of like a super model. WTG!
  • jugar
    edited April 2021
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Thank you for accepting me into this group. It's my first time participating in a FP challenge. Do I draft my bio now or wait until May?
    I feel like I can relate to @steph1498. Last year, I was getting close to my GW of 122. Now, I am back at 143. Let's help each other stay on track ☺️

Welcome to you! Please post your bio now, or you can wait until tomorrow when I open up the May team chat threads - up to you! It is kind of nice to have them all at the beginning of the month's thread, so you could even do both :smiley:

SO many of us got close to goal and bounced back for a while. I'm happy to say it is not a permanent problem! It took me a long time to get to goal, but I have been hanging out there for quite a few years now. Even though it is still something I have to work at and keep an eye on, it does get easier. Promise!
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    @SMcFall0215
    Fridays
    PW-160
    CW- 160.4

I seem to be holding strong at the 160 mark... it’s been a very stressful couple of weeks.. some of you that have been in the group for awhile May remember my move from Ohio to Georgia and the house build... WELLLLL the house is FINALLYYY done after almost 8 months and we have been moving in over the past few days... sorry I have been so absent. Once I get settled in, in a week or two my goal is to be more present in this group and start working out again. I am so excited to be in the house but there is sooo much work to do...
This discussion has been closed.